Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Enter »

nth Shroedinger's Deepwolf

It doesn't ring, but the meaning is all there and pops puts it pretty plainly
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Enter »

Schrodinger's *
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1373, TemporalLich wrote:Schrödinger's Deepwolf
Yooo Schrodinger's Wolf is a great title!!!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Take out Deep and the ring returns while the meaning remains
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by the worst »

nth Schrödinger's Deepwolf

that gets the meme across perfectly!

Schrödinger's Scumbag is kinda cute too from an alliteration/site lingo pov but the former is probs better :>
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:50 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

yeah this title is growing on me
time will end
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:19 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1369, mastina wrote:Alright, I'm going to begin this with a blanket statement:
Someone else being an asshole does
NOT
give you the right to be an asshole. Being an asshole to someone you think has been an asshole just makes YOU an asshole. Someone being an asshole to you doesn't magically mean you're suddenly not an asshole yourself; if you're an asshole and someone in response to you is an asshole, you're
still
an asshole.

Being an asshole, regardless of whether you were an asshole first or second, means you lose any high ground, any sympathy, you could have had. It doesn't matter if you think you were in the right. Being an asshole is NEVER the appropriate response and never something you have the privilege of being. Less than 24 hours before I locked the thread, I made a simple request, a blanket warning to follow some simple guidelines:
In post 1256, mastina wrote:1: Yo, general reminder to be nice.
Pretty sure that I don't actually have the ability to ban anyone from this subforum, but please conduct yourselves in a way where I wouldn't need to. Respect others, don't demand that you be respected, be polite, respect that others have opinions which you disagree with, and if you feel strongly enough, voice politely why you disagree, once, then move on. Don't keep spamming your stance.
I will not be requesting a ban on anyone who posted what they did before this warning. I WILL be requesting action on those who posted AFTER it and IGNORED it.

Alisae
, I asked people to state their opinion once, then move on, and not to spam your stance--you went on to spam your stance, repeatedly, in spite of my warning. I asked you to be polite, but the myriad of posts like this (there's far more than just that one) were most decidedly not. They were toxic. While you may have raised some valid points about Nancy Drew 39 (see below), the way you went about it was Not Okay.

Speaking of
Nancy Drew 39
, a good 80% of what I said that post was addressed to YOU, Nancy:
I asked for you to not demand that you be respected--and then you went and did precisely what I told you not to do. As I said before: thinking someone is being a dick to you does not give you the right to act like a dick. Your actions were just as disrespectful, if not MORESO, than the actions you thought were disrespectful towards you, and were very much Not Okay. Your posts also gave me the kneejerk first impression of you spamming your stance as well. (Looking at them again, I'm not as sure, but it's borderline at the very least.)

I'm going to request a
2 week ban
from the subforum for Alisae and a
1 week ban
for Nancy Drew.
These are the only two that I as a title fairy deem ban-worthy (though again, I guess it's not even my final call since I don't have the power to follow through on this and can only request it), but I am going to make a generic blanket warning to be more explicit here.

If you can't be nice and avoid toxicity when it comes to discussing Dannflor's title, then I'll implement a blanket ban on titling Dannflor for a rather significant amount of time (say, six months).

I really really REALLY don't want to do that--that'd be patently unfair to Dannflor. It'd be punishing him for something that's not his fault, when he did no wrong. He doesn't deserve to have the chance at a title taken from him when the reason it'd be taken from him is the general community's actions.

But I mean.
We've gone seven whole months with virtually zero toxicity here. There's been occasional bits here and there, but nothing this bad. If we are civil and nice when it comes to discussing literally every other proposed title, but suddenly devolve into a toxic cesspool when it comes to titling Dannflor, then there is APPARENTLY a problem specific to titling Dannflor--and if bans aren't enough of a dissuasion from that toxicity, then I don't see any other choice.

Nobody wants to stop Dannflor from getting a title. I don't. You don't. So be nice, be civil, be polite. This is not the place to discuss the requested bans. Of "but this user should be banned too!", of "but this ban is too long!", of "but this ban is too short!", of unequal punishment or any of that sort. Drop. It. Drop it all. This is for discussing titles. And it should be discussion. Not toxic comments, not spam, not unhelpful, unproductive, commentary, repeating the same thing, digging at other users who have stances differing from your own.

That really shouldn't be hard to do.
So I'm unlocking the topic.
Be. nice. Don't be an asshole.
I did absolutely nothing wrong. I said my suggestion should not be vetoed simply because the person vetoing it was “IGNORANT of the CONTEXT” and I stand by that. I haven’t done a damn thing wrong. I would 100% admit to it and apologize if that were the case but it’s NOT!

So you punish Alisae but what Pine did is beyond reproach here? I will report anyone who does to me what he did. I did in no way insult him and his response to me was unwarranted, mean spirited and over the top.

I am legit shocked you don’t see this. I would have dropped this but after reading this, I have no choice but contact the site administrator. Sorry in advance, if you weren’t actually serious.

I will take it to the site administrator if necessary in this case, if you pursue this. I already contacted them, in the event, you were actually serious here and not actually trolling me, which I still hope is the case. Not remotely funny btw.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Nancy, it's not worth it. Just take the week away from the thread plz

Mastina should have the ability to enact this but just because the button is gone doesn't mean it's not serious.

Take it up with Zor if you think its unfair, but posting during a ban is like posting during a night phass if the thread is left unlocked. Despite being possible, it's disrespectful to the mod.
- Jingle
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1382, Aristophanes wrote:Nancy, it's not worth it. Just take the week away from the thread plz

Mastina should have the ability to enact this but just because the button is gone doesn't mean it's not serious.

Take it up with Zor if you think its unfair, but posting during a ban is like posting during a night phass if the thread is left unlocked. Despite being possible, it's disrespectful to the mod.
On what basis is she even requesting I be banned? What is even remotely wrong with arguing that? In retrospect I admit being wrong on vetoing busboy revolutionary for FF, because WHY? I was IGNORANT of the freaking CONTEXT. Having Pine respond that’s why no one likes me, 100% ought to be actionable but we know it won’t be unfortunately. :/

The flaw in your argument, is that
I am not in violation of any rules whatsoever
and I won’t be unfairly accused of something I’m in no way remotely guilty of.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

ok karen
GTKAS
| here.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I made this five months ago but it still fits:

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:48 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I’m a huge fan of all things Schrodinger.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 1372, Jingle wrote:
In post 1065, Oversoul wrote:This is too far outside the actual reason for Dann’s Title. People call him a Deepwolf because they are paranoid. It just turns out he won a game because he was a Deepwolf. He’s like Schrodinger’s Deepwolf.
I noticed this, looking back, but I don't think we ever discussed Schrodinger's Deepwolf. And I think it at least merits discussion.
In post 1373, TemporalLich wrote:
nth Is this a deepwolf?

nth Deepwolf?

I'm torn between this title and Deepwolf? to be honest. I like the first one better imo.

pedit: I agree that
Schrödinger's Deepwolf
merits discussion.
I can get behind Schrödinger's Deepwolf.
nth

The umlaut is required, however.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1385, Haschel Cedricson wrote:I made this five months ago but it still fits:

I’m flattered. Do I have your permission to use this as my avatar and even better, can you please make some more?

I’m serious btw.

I would deep six the bottom part because no offense, that’s just nonsensical.

ETA:

Omg, this isn’t even my current avatar. :o. You’re actually telling me you’ve been stalking me for 5 months now, what?

This is ngl, actually legit disturbing. :eek:

ETA again.

I cropped your head onto this but I have no idea how to post it in this thread. Anyone, have any suggestions? It would be extremely appreciated btw. :)
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:50 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Will both of you stop it please?

I think you're both awesome people and love talking with you two, but come on.

Nancy, mastina is the Fairy and has asked that you not post here for a week. She has every right to do this, whether you think it reasonable or not. Take it up with her or those above her in private rather than breaking the request here, please? You'll probably get a DiscBan if you don't.

Alisae, you know better than to poke the bear here. Come on.

Mastina is ruler of this subforum and has asked for a time out from the thread for you guys. We can respect that request, right?

Oh geez like 7 ninjas...
Last edited by Aristophanes on Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jingle
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1389, Aristophanes wrote:Will both of you stop it please?

I think you're both awesome people and love talking with you two, but come on.

Nancy, mastina is the Fairy and has asked that you not post here for a week. She has every right to do this, whether you think it reasonable or not. Take it up with her or those above her in private rather than breaking the tequest here, please? You'll probably get a DiscBan if you don't.

Alisae, you know better than to poke the bear here. Come on.

Mastina is ruler of this subforum and has asked for a time out from the thread for you guys. We can respect that request, right?

Oh geez like 7 ninjas...
A Discban? This has nothing to do with Discord. My issue is not even with Alisae.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I am gonna ban you from discord
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1391, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am gonna ban you from discord
Nominate RC for “is the awesomest”
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I, uh...

Iunno what else to say but that we should respect the requests of those in charge and also the sensibilities of others and like, maybe taking time away instead of doubling down on an argument is a good idea.

Also I meant Discussion not Discord and I'm not sure if you're kidding or not but honestly you're going to get this escalated if you keep going and I'm just trying to help, my friend.

Iunno, like respect and consideration for each other prolly would have avoided this whole situation in the first place so I guess thinking it should be given to mastina here is naive of me but you know me.

So ya, uh, good luck I guess.
- Jingle
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:02 pm

I have banned Nancy Drew from discord as punishment for her misdeeds
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1393, Aristophanes wrote:I, uh...

Iunno what else to say but that we should respect the requests of those in charge and also the sensibilities of others and like, maybe taking time away instead of doubling down on an argument is a good idea.

Also I meant Discussion not Discord and I'm not sure if you're kidding or not but honestly you're going to get this escalated if you keep going and I'm just trying to help, my friend.

Iunno, like respect and consideration for each other prolly would have avoided this whole situation in the first place so I guess thinking it should be given to mastina here is naive of me but you know me.

So ya, uh, good luck I guess.
I haven’t been banned for anything nor should I be, especially if Pine’s actions result in no consequences.

ETA: @Ari I would have had she respected ME enough to pm me, rather than wrongly PUBLICLY accuse me of things I never even did. The last time I allowed anyone to make false statements about me albeit obviously unintentionally in Mastina’s case, it nearly ruined my life. Until you’ve actually been the recipient of that you can’t understand how that can affect you. I’ve had my messages reworded and claimed falsely as something I did - obviously not on here but yes, it did 100% happen to me. I was even threatened with rl stalking and hate emails. NOT MAKING ANY of THIS UP, btw.

ETA: After harassing me, this guy sent me a pm, saying he really missed our friendship, to which I stupidly replied, “me too”. This was over 10 years ago in my defense. Next thing I know, I’m being falsely accused of saying things I’d never in a million years even dream of in my wildest nightmares.
Last edited by Nancy Drew 39 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 1394, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have banned Nancy Drew from discord as punishment for her misdeeds
Well except for that.

I beg you for leniency. Discord is my life. :cry:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1369, mastina wrote:
I'm going to request a
2 week ban
from the subforum for Alisae and a
1 week ban
for Nancy Drew.
*shrugs*

Seems legit
- Jingle
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:14 pm

That says Nancy Drew, not Nancy Drew 39.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

:facepalm:
- Jingle

Return to “Player Titles”