Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Can't we still start the random voting anyway?
"The carefully constructed chain of events suddenly seems not merely to contain a weak link, but to be constructed entirely out of stupefyingly enormous mistakes and errors of judgement."
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

somestrangeflea wrote:
NO
he he heh, calm down, calm down.
"The carefully constructed chain of events suddenly seems not merely to contain a weak link, but to be constructed entirely out of stupefyingly enormous mistakes and errors of judgement."
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Vote: gimbo
because I can too.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:34 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Adel wrote:it takes a game of twelve elements and simplifies it to six elements.
Better than that Adel. The mafia, despite what they may say, are one element - they will claim pairs but be much more linked. So it takes twelve down to five.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Gimbo wrote:no, I am NOT omgusing.
Er, maybe. But this and your scum ploy are making my head hurt. I would unvote you but I can't even tell what message that would send.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Gimbo wrote:how about start by claiming lovers, everyone?
What? So far thats all we've had: Proposed by MafiaSSK. Modified by Adel to a D2 claim. D1 claim agreed by Nameless and then forbiddanlight. D1 claim rejected by SpyreX for D2. D2 claim backed by MafiaSSK and then somestrangeflea. Gimbo supports D1 claim. Chelseafan rejects D1 mass claim. Mass claim at some unspecified date backed by me. Chelseafan changes mind but does not specify Day. Gimbo claims. chenhsi claims. SpyreX says no again.

So with all this, I'll say that my partner (who is also my lover ;))
is
in favour of a claim. But I will leave it up to them to make the claim, if they still think it wise, on D1 <- An example of SpyreX's "slower member" in action?
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

chenhsi wrote:Is anyone besides knight42 NOT confused with his plan?
Knight, I think the problem is all your outcomes under "flea withdraws" are that SSF and chelseafan are either mafia or town. There is no definitive outcome to the vote movements, especially as you state you are not going to force a lynch your move has no credibility. Especially your "C. Is town and = worthless " - if both SSF and chelseafan are town, how is
not
voting to lynch another townie worthless?
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Gimbo wrote:I say that at minimum, there are 2 scums below:

Harvey Pew
Now that is purely unfair. To state simply that those who haven't claimed are scum is entirely specious. I have said I am in favour of a claim but, unlike your unilateral action, I have left it to my partner to decide if he agrees with me and so make the claim himself. It is unfortunate that my partner (and some others) have taken a low profile/forgotten about the game/been kidnapped by aliens/died/whatever, but to decide this makes us scum is entirely unfounded.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Gimbo wrote:Harvey: To me it seemed more like you were waiting for your fellow scum-buds and see if they claim, if they do, then you also claim. I recall that you never did claim until chenhsi basically fished your lover out of your post. It seems like there's exactly 4 player dead set on not claiming and for some reason, I don't think that's a coincidence.
The problem is the split between claiming on D1 or D2. Looking at O76 and in pre-game discussion me and my partner though early claiming would be helpful. But in this game there was a strong core of people, who I think may be town, who wanted to leave claiming to D2. So, as I said, rather than just deciding to ignore their argument I said, in forum, that I was willing to claim but that my partner could consider the vercacity of not claiming and make the decision. I was not going to railroad my partner into claiming.

I was fully aware that I kind of gave my partner away - except that chenhsi guessed the
wrong
one of the quieter players. Currently I have no lover ;( - until a replacement turns up.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Well, my partner is gone >sob< and I think Nameless and Firestarter need a wake-up slap.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Chelseafan wrote:Harvey Pew... for some reason I’m leaning scum on this guy. Not a lot why, call it “gut” if you want
Well, I'm convinced, the scum-detecting prowess of the ascending colon is irrefutable. I will just mention that I have played/replaced in three mafia games so far and been lynched in
every
one and been town in
every
one
and
correctly voted scum in two out of three - a fine record, I think.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

I don't think the chances are that we have managed to correctly identify both scum pairs on D1. Gimbo's play is lunacy, but as a gambit? I'm not sure. Also my vote was a page 1 random thing and I'd like to re-read a little and think about it. So:

Unvote
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

^ Well after his initial gambits and the rush of anti-Gimbo sentiment, why not? Also due to my time zone/schedule I seem miss out on most of the action e.g. the rush down to L-1. Now he is at that point I suggest a momentary reprieve. Gimbo's play just seems too risky for the scum to try... although if he doesn't get lynched
and
is scum it would be a tremendous coup.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:37 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Nameless wrote:that's not anywhere near a "fine" enough record to prove any kind of experience, being lynched 3/3 times is a
bad
thing
Bad? It is
terrible
. I was
joking
when I said my record was good, but also pointing out how often townies are lynched by other townies acting in all good faith.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Chelseafan wrote:Harvey Pew's vote was still kind of random, which you'd think would be took off way before someone is at L-1.
I have already explained this chelseafan. It was a random vote initially but I left it there after Gimbo's WIFOM/"I am scum" ploy. The votes on Gimbo increased over Eastern and Pacific time and then when it got round to BST I removed the vote.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

^ Sorry, lover, it is WIFOM, but I see Gimbo as just
too
mad to be convincing scum. It was down to L-whatever on Gimbo but with only two pairs fully on and with Adel and Spyrex pushing but not voting. I needed more time to look at it so I removed my vote. I know it undercut your posts and I may rejoin you, but there are other suspects.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

^ I agree, kinda. Gimbo's play is completely mad, annoying and damaging. His lynching would produce a profound sigh of relief from everyone else in this game. He is just begging to be killed. And I can't believe the mafia is that big-balled to try a ploy like that.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:56 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Adel wrote:Who wants to do the leg work to disprove this?
Votes on Gimbo
vote added Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:33 pm
vote added Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:05 pm
vote added Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:22 pm
vote removed Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:52 pm
vote added Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:22 pm
vote added Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:35 pm
vote added Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:19 pm
vote removed Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 pm
vote added Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:42 am
vote removed Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:04 am
vote added Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:09 am
vote removed Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:12 pm HP
vote added Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 am
voted added Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 am

Unfortunately I think I missed a vote somewhere, but my next post post-lynch on mafiascum is at Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:21 am. I am hours out of synch one way or the other.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Adel wrote:Two willing violations of a rule is a bad thing.
I don't see Gimbo caring about that.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 pm

Post by Harvey Pew »

forbiddanlight wrote:Please give reasons for these suspicions.
I think he is just picking pairs who aren't him and me ;)
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

I'll take a punt on the Chelsea/Chenshi scum pair.

Vote: Chelseafan
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:04 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Well, if you want, Adel... I am most certain that Spyrex is town.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #23) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Bump.

MeMe is an idiot.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Chelseafan wrote:Chenhsi has been quite franky a poor lover , his lack of effort is quite disapointing.
Sorry, but lol.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Nameless wrote:perhaps once you've reacquainted yourself with your anus
What? Is that insulting, gnomic, cryptic? I really don't understand.

As for my thoughts, everyone else seems to enjoy clawing at their chosen target by selective quoting in 1/2 page long posts so much that I didn't want to interfere. I have been reading these posts, but creating these
billet doux
is not a thing I do. I've placed my vote on the player that seemed to me to have played in a markedly unattractive manner on D1 and I'll leave it there until convinced otherwise. Also I'm waiting to see if Adel's super analysis will save the day, as in the previous polygamist game, or be some weirdly slewed stuff that will get her lynched.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Shy Guy wrote:Spryex... seems to have turned on ZeekLTK and myself because we are attacking his partner and ergo him.
Well, of course. To defend your partner is to defend yourself. It would be much odd if Spyrex
didn't
do this.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #27) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:16 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Chesea, I am impressed with your perseverance, but not by your aim.

You have been trying to put the boot into me and my partner since post
. Initially your "gut" told you to attack me but when you couldn't find a grip you switched your aim to the more garrulous Zeek.

You
could
look beyond me and Zeek, you do know that?
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Chenhsi definitely chooses lurking as an actual strategy. I'm playing Newbie 643 and he has annoyed a number of people there with his low profile.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:48 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

SpyreX wrote:Because you refuse to help in any fashion and we can't seem to get rid of you.
That is rude
and
counter-productive.

To Adel: Chelseafan & forbiddanlight
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Post by Harvey Pew »

SpyreX wrote:Jokes aside, glad to see we've got an active pair in. I feel like we've been stagnating some and I want to see some real discussion again.
It is not just the lurking, it's this breaking analysis we've been repeatedly promised - and not seen a sign of.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

armlx wrote:The Zeek/Harvey argument on 13 is very odd for two people who are supposed to know each other is town.
I don't see that. We were discussing the lynching of gimbo. Zeek thought he was scum and I thought he wasn't. It's as simple as that.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Adel wrote:....Shy Guy is good, and I don't have anything against him that could hang him, and I doubt that if he is scum I'll ever be able to build a case against him in this game that will stick.
Nameless wrote:That's kind of a really bad conclusion.
I don't know about
bad
but it
is
a little doomy. We should just accept our fate?
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:42 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Cyberbob wrote:That was a really, really poor effort.
I think Shy Guy is playing in rather too many games....
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Shy Guy wrote:What justification do you have for saying this, if you have any at all?
Simple. Rather than reading it as a cunning plan, I read it as a simple slip on your part from being in a large number of games with multiple scenarios. Don't get so het up.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:50 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

SpyreX wrote:Also agreed. :) I think what he said was, really, not helpful in the slightest but the IDEA of it holds merit.
It is like one of those logic puzzles, where you have the statements and then a matrix to help you work it out. In theory you could break it down... speaking of which, whatever happened to that stuff we gave Adel?
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #36) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Apologies to all for my lack of activity in this game.

I've re-read the last few pages and I'm fairly happy with my vote on Skruffs (although I'm not so happy voting his partner--the problem of polygamy), with his promises of a big post and then nothing (reminds me of Adel's intimations of a game-busting analysis) and more his attack on Shy Guy's
sustained
assault on Adel as a gambit--although her recent vote flipping can't be a good thing.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”