Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Chelseafan »

somestrangeflea wrote:
Gimbo wrote:if we don't massclaim, then even town pairs might not vote together
Even if we do massclaim, I see no reason why me and my lover should always vote the same way...
I agree with SSF here on this.
I don't see why lovers will always vote the same way.

As for claiming who our lovers are, I don't really see what it gains us.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:
Chelseafan wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:
Gimbo wrote:if we don't massclaim, then even town pairs might not vote together
Even if we do massclaim, I see no reason why me and my lover should always vote the same way...
I agree with SSF here on this.
I don't see why lovers will always vote the same way.

As for claiming who our lovers are, I don't really see what it gains us.
it takes a game of twelve elements and simplifies it to six elements.
I see, putting it that way I'm in favour of it then.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Chelseafan »

chenhsi wrote:
Gimbo wrote:chenhsi, what are your thoughts on everything in Page 5? thnx.
You mean the lover pairs voting together? I disagree with that idea because of the possibility that the pair disagrees with each other.
This.
KNIGHT42 wrote:If I'm so off with my prediction of the 4 mafia, how come none are voting for the opposites?

I mean we do have to lynch if we want to win, right
My vote is still random. I forgot to add this to my watched topics.
KNIGHT42 wrote:I guess flea has voted for his fellow mafia member...

I say to prove our point we vote for Chelseafan and see what happens with his vote.

Unvote, Vote: Chelseafan
I've actually no idea what you're on about.
Let me try to understand anyway though.

Me, and thus chenhsi are scum. As are Gimbo and SSF?
Have I got the jist of it?

Can I ask why?

Also
unvote
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Chelseafan »

KNIGHT42 wrote:Alright since everybody is having such a hard time understanding me we'll go through this again.

1. Gimbo WIFOM, claims scum along with flea
2. Chenshi and Chelseafan quickly follow suit
3. Silence
4. People suspect of Gimbo, votes accumulate (none from the possible mafioso)

I think that if mafia, flea has a vote on chelseafan to seemingly free both from suspicion.

So I think to test this, we should put a close (but not total... yet) majority on chelsefan.

If flea withdraws:
A. Both are mafia
B. Flea is mafia, trying to perhaps frame chelsea
C. Is town and = worthless
If he stays
A. Mafia and dumb at the same time
B. Town and innocent thus clearing the likes of gimbo

If flea
So basically now SSF cannot withdraw his vote from me without being mafa, or as you so nicely put it worthless.Ok.

So put a majority on me, because..we want to see if Flea is mafia. Ok :?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Chelseafan »

I'm just rather confused at the plan that's all.

It proves nothing from what I can see. Maybe I'm missing something though.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:31 am

Post by Chelseafan »

somestrangeflea wrote:
chenhsi wrote:
Harvey Pew wrote:
Gimbo wrote:I say that at minimum, there are 2 scums below:

Harvey Pew
Now that is purely unfair. To state simply that those who haven't claimed are scum is entirely specious. I have said I am in favour of a claim but, unlike your unilateral action, I have left it to my partner to decide if he agrees with me and so make the claim himself. It is unfortunate that my partner (and some others) have taken a low profile/forgotten about the game/been kidnapped by aliens/died/whatever, but to decide this makes us scum is entirely unfounded.
May I assume that he is Firestarter than, because he hasn't posted for 2 days and is the least active among those who have not claimed yet?
Hmm. I think that's fishing...

Vote: chensi
Fishing as opposed to a direct question?
I'm going to use the "It's not fishing if it's not subtle" argument here. Gimbo is outright requesting the information, whereas chenhsi was somewhat more subtle, by assuming and being far less demanding in order to coax the information out...
I'd hardly call what chenhsi said subtle, you would? "fishing is not fishing if it's not subtle", thus it wasn't fishing then as far as I'm concerned.

As for Gimbo saying there's at least 2 scum in the unclaimed players...well that's quite an assumption to make.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Gimbo wrote:Kill Adel or SpyreX today, if they flip town, I give you all permission to lynch me tomorrow, how's that?

That's how sure I am. If some crazy shtick happens and we are BOTH town (unlikely), then I'll go away losing this game but learning a valuable lesson.

Knight you are finally making sense, thnx.
While this may be fine to you, I'd prefer to win the game that you making a mistake but learning a lesson :P
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

Quick review of each player

Adel -Would prefer to claim day 2 than day 1.
Jumps on Gimbo pretty early, with him claiming scum this isn’t surprising really.
Didn’t like the harder for me to catch scum line, did like her not answering a rather ridiculous hypothetical question from Gimbo.

Firestarter - Was with low connectivity - His long post was a pretty accurate summery on what had happened though, and quite good contribution.

Forbiddanlight - Admits Knight is his lover, doesn’t want to vote the same, rightly so in my opinion.
Makes a comment he was confused at what Gimbo was trying to do, I was too but equally confused by your lover.

Gimbo - Wants claim, claims scum(/face palm). Does lots of crazy stuff in general. Has a meta against Adel, but then didn’t? All over the place, and is now at L-1.

Harvey Pew - Hasn’t posted a lot either. I’m not sure, for some reason I’m leaning scum on this guy. Not a lot why, call it “gut” if you want

KNIGHT42 - Seems new. Has a plan regarding myself and SSF which I don’t get and was based on faulty logic.Seems eager for any lynch and wagon hops quite a bit. Seems just newbie though..

Mafia SSK - Propes mass lover claim. Is being replaced

Nameless - Is for mass claim. Lean town.

SSF - Gimbo claims they’re both scum. EH?
He seems town to me. I think his interactions with Gimbo make it seem like he’s frustrated that Gimbo may be getting him lynched as town rather scum trying to corrct a scummy looking partner.

SpyreX - Has made some good points, seems quite town

Yes this was rushed, very rushed, I’ll try to contribute more tomorrow if possible as I’ll be finished work early I just wanted to give my thoughts on the players.
I’m gonna put my vote on Harvey Pew at the moment, pending a longer and more proper( nice English lol) re-read tomorrow.

Sorry for my lack of contribution.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:@Chelseafan: are you willing to lynch Gimbo?
I am willing to lynch him, but he wouldn't be my first choice.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:52 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:
Chelseafan wrote:
Adel wrote:@Chelseafan: are you willing to lynch Gimbo?
I am willing to lynch him, but he wouldn't be my first choice.
Why are you willing to lynch him if 4 other pairs of players are also willing to lynch him?
Actually, you're right that'd be idiotic.
Since there are 4 pairs on the wagon I guess that means either
a) Gimbo is scum and evryone came to a rather quick agreement about that and since me and chenhsi aren't voting we're the remaining 2 scum.
b) Gimbo/SSF are scum and their lovers are pulling a risky gambit by jumping on the bandwagon
c) Gimbo is innocent and the scum are on the bandwagon.

Now looking at the 3 possibilties, I know a is not right.
B is very very risky as an eager townie may hammer thus losing the game for the scum.
That , I guess leaves C, which by my logic( faulty as it may be) would mean Gimbo and SSF are town?
I dunno I really haven't given this game enough attention. My answer to your original question was kind of stupid looking back.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Oh, ok well what happens if Gimbo flips town?
I mean if he's scum well and good, we win but that's unlikely now considering what you pointed out?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Well..I suppose you at least saw my point.

Your above posts means that if I'm lynched and flip town you'll consider Gimbo pretty much cleared then I take it?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Chelseafan »

You kept a day 1 random vote this late when he was at L-1?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Chelseafan »

He being Gimbo.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Know what ya mean about the timezone :P
But it wasn't really random then? It started out like that but you then felt he was most likely scum?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:I find it interesting that SSF and chensi have been lurking.

I find it even more interesting that so many people unvoted Gimbo so quickly. If they were willing to lynch Gimbo they should be just as willing to lynch Chelseafan. The is a chance of Chelseafan being scum with Gimbo being town, but there is no chance of Gimbo being scum if Chelseafan is scum.

Obv, if Chelseafan is town then Gimbo is town. By lynching Chelseafan we either win or walk into Day 2 with one lover couple being confirmed as town.

I think the most interesting thing is that Gimbo hasn't lept at the chance to push for the lynch of Chelseafan.

~~~~

To be clear, the major reason I wanted to put off a massclaim was to allow the chance of one scum changing his mind (or even forgetting!) about who to claim as his lover. An early claim "locks" the scum pseudo-lover pairs in and helps prevent later mistakes.

~~~

So why aren't people voting for Chelseafan?
Maybe they don't think I'm mafia?
As for the part in italics, well it's not a bad plan. I'd be all for it if it wasn't me getting lynched, it's still not bad though.
It nearly confirms Gimbo/SSF although as you said nothing is `00% confirmed in mafia, there's still the cvhance of a risky scum gambit.

Also why did some people suddenly jump off the Gimbo wagon if they thought he was scum? Adel's reasoning that me and Gimbo were mafia lovers as the reason I wasn't voting for him surely wouldn't have caused such an about turn.
Harvey Pew's vote was still kind of random, which you'd think would be took off way before someone is at L-1.

vote: Harvey Pew
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Harvey Pew wrote:^ I agree, kinda. Gimbo's play is completely mad, annoying and damaging. His lynching would produce a profound sigh of relief from everyone else in this game. He is just begging to be killed. And I can't believe the mafia is that big-balled to try a ploy like that.
I agree with this. And while his lynching would provide a somewhat calmer atmosphere, I'm not sure his scum at all.
His play from what I've seen is always somewhat similar to this.
I wouldn't put it past him to claim scum if he was scum, but then it's equally likely if he's town.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #19) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:40 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Where did the plan go of testing Gimbo's innocence by lynching me? Now we're really back to square one.

Intent to vote Harvey Pew at the moment.

Obviously not voting as another misplaced vote could mean scum could hammer if Harvey is not scum/
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Chelseafan »

I'm a he first off.

You say Adel's plan was a good one , which I admitted. I said I didn't like being lynched, I don't see why that's scummy in a game such as this where a mis lynch may cost the town victory. The fact NO One else seemed to find any merit in the plan is quit baffling if they believed Me/ches were scum with Gimbo, though I'm not saying everyone did, Knight certaintly seemed to think so early on.

Also you didn't cath Adel's plan? Surely you would have read the thread before you put a vote on Gimbo? I mean there was enough references to it, it's not exactly like it was that hard to miss was it? I find it quite hard to believe you missed the plan really.
Adel asks Chelsea if she's willing to lynch Gimbo again and again.
Sorry I can't exactly answer a question if I'm not online. I don't believe I was asked the question "again and again" before I answered. I answered it as quick as I could.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Well the plan was out there though, I don't think it was that bad as I believe I said.
I find it hard to believe though that no one noticed it apart from me, in fact I'm pretty sure the scum would have noticed it and chosen not to comment it.

Meh I wasn't offended lol, just pointing it out :)
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Chelseafan »

..Eh yeah..it was really active day 1..anyone out there?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:03 am

Post by Chelseafan »

So basically what your saying is that if the rest of us had noticed it, and decided that that was the way to go, that you'd have been happy with that???
Nope, you said the only reason you would not go ahead with it was because it was you....
If you are town, and you did say you noticed it, why are you questioning everyone else so much about it?

If you are town, then the logic behind your questioning is that if everyone had agreed to it, you would have made the sacrifice.... But you didn't...
I wouldn't say I would have been
happy
with it. I could have understood the logic behind it.

What does your 3rd sentence here mean"and you did say you noticed it",? I did notice it, I even responded to Adel about it.. Why am I questioning..well let me see I find it surprising, perhaps even impossible that no one else seemed to notice it, at all. That's not strange to you?

Make a sacrafice? I'm not going to lynch myself , as as good a plan as it was hitting scum would have been better, and I know I'm not scum.
And if everyone had agreed then it's not like I would have had much choice anyway, as people could have lynched me. That didn't happen though.

Also chenhsi please contribute a bit more, I've tried to stay active but you're 1 liners don't help anyone.

I'd vote for Forbidanlight if I had to vote at this moment I think.
I don't like him putting another vote on me when he did. Damn this game is always active when I'm asleep or at work it seems :P
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Chelseafan »

I pointed it our before hand as well, responding to Adel.

SpyreX also pointed it out that he missed it, I found it strange that no-one else decided to comment on it.
Did you see it the first time?

Although I suppose hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:18 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Where did the plan go of testing Gimbo's innocence by lynching me? Now we're really back to square one
Well the plan was out there though, I don't think it was that bad as I believe I said.
I find it hard to believe though that no one noticed it apart from me, in fact I'm pretty sure the scum would have noticed it and chosen not to comment it.
Are these the 2 posts you're talking about?

I wouldn't say these posts indicate I was happy to be lynched, maybe you read thought that way but that wasn't really my intention. I was more-so pissed that we were at lylo already and the fact that the plan was pretty much ignored in the rush to lynch Gimbo.

quote tags fixed - mod
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:It would be very helpful if each pair of lovers could identify one other pair they feel is confident of being town.
Well, I can't speak for Chenhsi( and he can't speak fro himself either apparently :roll: ), but Firestarter looks quite town to me.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:
mith in the ban thread wrote:Gimbo has been banned (ruining a newbie game).
who here is shocked by Gimbo getting banned for ruining a game?
Bit surprised it didn't happen sooner :P

ALso chenhsi can you please post something more than 1 line, it's pretty frustrating trying to play the game with you.
If you had been reading the thread, Adel's clear graph would have made sense I think.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

Adel wrote:
I encourage other players to carefully reread day 1 and consider this comment. Is it sincere?
There's no certanties in mafia was what you said if I remember correctly, which is of course true.
There's no way Gimbo would'vee been 100% cleared as was said. But he would have been looked on as extremely town like as it would have been far less likely for him to b scum.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Chenhsi has been around too..have you forgotten about the game chenhsi or are you lurking?
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Chelseafan here shows a distinct lack of coherency in thought.
Is a lack of coherency scummy? Surely town can lack coherency too.

As for "less dirt on me" well to be honest, it certaintly appears that way from your analysis. It seems to me you're looking for reasons to find me scummy and set up a Me/Chenhsi/Adel/SpyreX pair. Chenhsi has been quite franky a poor lover , his lack of effort is quite disapointing.

I'm not quite sure why Adel finds me most likely to be town, is there any reason for this Adel of just a general feeling? It seems quite a change of tack from the end of day 1. I do agree with your points on her though, Shy Guy.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:55 am

Post by Chelseafan »

I'll be on limited acess for a while. Spilled water on my laptop just now :(
Typing this from an internet cafe.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Harvey Pew wrote:I've placed my vote on the player that seemed to me to have played in a markedly unattractive manner on D1 and I'll leave it there until convinced otherwise.
Markedly unattractive? Could you elaborate a bit more please?
Nameless wrote:Chelseafan points out that only a few arguments are raised against her, but makes minimal attempt to defend herself against those few.
From his notes, he has 3 points on me, they are:

Post 67 is me againt claiming, apparently that's a "what the fuck" moment. I'm not sure what you want me to comment on there?

I have made a contrived attempt to look town in posts 259-261 Shy Guy feels. This I'm disagreeing with, but that's his opinion on those posts and the fact he doesn't bring it up in his main post, makes me think he didn't think it was that important or worth mentioning/

And then the only point he really feels needing elaborating on from his notees, or worth elaborating on, is post 326. Now when I said square one I meant in terms of confirmed innocents more than anything else, or even no-one was nearly confirmed.
I've already brought up the fact that no-one else commented on the plan either. So Adel doesn't push her plan, slightly scummy, yea probably. No body else bothers to comment on it..so what would that suggest that no one noticed it, which is quite frankly unlikely or that they didn't think it was a good plan? Perhaps. Or they were scum and ignored it.
That's why I didn't really push Adel any further on the issue as everyone else seemed in a similar boat.

Also, I'm still a he.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Have managed to steal my brothers computer shall do a re-read and post my thoughts tonight hopefully.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

chenhsi wrote:
Adel wrote:
chenshi: please read the thread, and post who you think is the most likely to be town, and which two players (non-lovers) you think are most likely to be scum
Hmm...

Yeah, I'm reading... I need to go somewhere right now, and sleep afterwards, so I can tell you tomorrow...
Here and back for the moment.

Is it tomorrow yet chenhsi?
Re-reading the last few pages after I type this.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

SpyreX wrote:I'd still like responses from well, anyone, about my statements about Zeek & Shy Guy.

There's been a definite connection made from Shy Guy ---> Zeek multiple times this game and I'd like an opinion on it.
There is a connection there, but it seems so apparent it's almost like Zeek is trying to create a connection, maybe in the hope that Shy Guy wold be lynched? That's just speculation on my part obviously.

After re-reading Zeel looks the scummiest to me, and well yea. He seems to have been a bit worried about SpyreX changing his opinion on him of being most townie, there were good reasons behindf that I think so it's not something that worries me.
Shy Guy's attack on Adel may be warranted and over-all I think Zeel is more likely to be scum than Shy Guy. They could be lovers but at this time if I had to pick it'd be Zeel as the scum.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:25 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Harvey Pew wrote:Chesea, I am impressed with your perseverance, but not by your aim.

You have been trying to put the boot into me and my partner since post
. Initially your "gut" told you to attack me but when you couldn't find a grip you switched your aim to the more garrulous Zeek.

You
could
look beyond me and Zeek, you do know that?
I'm aware I can, thanks for letting me know though.

I'm considering other options too, don't worry. I'll try not to tunnel vision.
Kinda hard when I think you're scum though. :P
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #37) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Chelseafan »

Nameless wrote:Adel - I think it's pretty obvious at this point we're not getting anything substantial from chenhsi, but since the nature of the setup allows us to judge her alignment from partners I'd suggest just moving on with your plan ... which IIRC, would be you posting the pairs you thought most scummy.
We're getting nothing from chenhsi, this kinda seems the norm for him.
A replacement would be much better, but I suppose as long as he fulfills minimum posting this can't happen.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”