PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

All /in
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

So we are protecting the kid of farside's kid. Man they grow up so fast. :lol:

Korlash ain't the assassin or else I'd already be dead and he would have already won.

I have no clue who Mendel is and I've never played with Holy before. Stop confusing me Jester!

Vote:dahill1
until I can think of something better to do.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In the last game I made a bit of a mistake. I was the one who used the "You've exposed yourself as a guard" case as support for lynching a korlash. The original and main reason I tried to lynch him was I believed he was setting up lynches and giving suspicion lists. Both those actions can effectivly give and gather info. They give info to the assassin because you are stating an opinion of other players to other players. They gather info by asking others to comment on your suspicions and lynch choices.

In AITP 1 the Assassin Gorrad posted a suspicion list like Korlash did in the last game
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 796#692796
In AITP 2 Zombie Slayer was an assassin who claimed guard
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 62#1001462

Bassically I wanted to lynch Korlash because he had commited actions other assassins had commited and his further actions were exposing the King and encouraging others to do the same. Exposing yourself by claiming guard, is different from the aspect of being run up the pole. When a player is run up to L-1 that does not necessarily reveal to the assassin that they are not the king. Let's consider the possibility that the assassin was on the lynch. Oman was on Shamrock's lynch day1 last game but he still ended up later considering shamrock was the king with other wifom. And that is because everyone on shamrock's lynch was not a member of the town. A lynch that contains the assassin as one of the voters does not 100% reveal a player as not being the king.

dahill has only been exposed if the assassin was not on his lynch. If the assassin was on the lynch then he can still be seen as king. We do not necessarily know he has been exposed. All we just discussed has made the king look like a guard. The question we should be asking ourselves is not whether "He is exposed as guard", but if "He is giving away and attempting to gather too much info". That is what you should lynch someone for. Zombie slayer and Gorrad were doing that with their actions. If you believe a player was doing that then you should lynch him. Lynching a player with the only reason being that you think they have exposed themself is not a good enough reason to lynch someone for.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The Jester wrote:Everyone should post a quick list of who you think is a guard, and who you don't know, and who you think could be the assassin.
The Assassin Gorrad posted a list and asked others to do the same. This is way too info fishy. You are obv assassin now.

Vote: The Jester

Someone hammer
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #97 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In case I need to unvote first.

Unvote, Vote: The Jester

Now someone can hammer.

PS. I graduated from college awhile ago and I still don't remember any of that Mendel stuff
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #105 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In the large AITP2, Yosarian2 states some good opinions about letting everyone check in before we speed lynch.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32#1007232
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 78#1007278
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 57#1007357

And I will also be going on a vacation later this week. Check my sig.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am not arguing about speed lynching there MCD. I personally still think speed lynching is good because it hides info well, but lynching someone before everyone checks in is pure shot in the dark. I'd like the town to have a better chance at finding the assassin then 100% luck. I am asking you to check in, I am
not
asking you to give important shit away. Once everyone says hello with there tongues in check as much as possible, it is time to boot someone the fuck out. Voodoo is only person left to check in. Speed lynch imediatly the person you most suspect after that.

Vote: MCD

I have reasons for lynching him that may be different from dahill1's but are still good reasons that I can't explain any further.

Also In general I think we should all try to stop setting up future lynches. A bunch of players seem to be doing that too much.

If you will check my sig, my vacation starts tomorrow. I probably will not be able to post in this thread again until after the 30th.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #123 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Back from V/la. Will post again later
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #139 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh damn, Korlash saved my ass in "Loser Mafia" and now he has done it again. I owe him for 2 things now. :?

And you want to know what I was really getting at with post #82?:
Only way MCD could know and say dahill wasn't the king out loud was if he knew the assassin was not on his wagon. And the only way he could know the assassin wasn't on the wagon was if he was the assassin.

The thing is I couldn't risk being the first one on his wagon back then because I was the king, and also I was only 60% sure this logic was valid. After all my AITP1 logic is being partially refuted there and if I could think of that logic as a guard last game, then MCD might have been able to do that here aswell. So no I am not trying to take any credit. just saying why i supported the wagon on him later.

GG everyone. Oman is cool for AITP1 mini, Rishi is cool for the good flavor and modding, MCD is cool for giving us a good challenge. And everyone else is cool for being who they are.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

Korlash wrote:
Vote: korlash
For not being the assassin... And here I was looking forward to killing Poker... sigh... Well I can only hope hes the assassin so i can still kill him... sniffles...
That is what dahill is refering too. Considering the context I can see how that sort of thing wouldn't tip the assassin off esspecially because you self voted. But when I saw it I wondered if you were doing the same thing Oman did in AITP1 mini. That's why I made this comment
PokerFace wrote:So we are protecting the kid of farside's kid. Man they grow up so fast. :lol:

Korlash ain't the assassin or else I'd already be dead and he would have already won.

I have no clue who Mendel is and I've never played with Holy before. Stop confusing me Jester!

Vote:dahill1
until I can think of something better to do.
If you were assassin you would have blown me up there or continued to draw attention to me. Because you deflect attention to Voodoo
Korlash wrote:naw, I woulda killed Voodo and won.
I chose not to vote you. I didn't consider MCD's jump on you then to be as suspicious as dahill saw it. I also got the impression Holy saw MCD's bad jump on Korlash just as dahill did. Check out her day1 vote on MCD. I was worried how well she followed my orders would get me killed. If you look back she checked in and voted MCD right after me. I think MCD killed Korlash over the early confusion surrounding the self vote.

Overall one fun game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yep this game was fun. First game was awesome Oman. We are cool. This game was just as good. Old thread was recently locked up and only other comment I'd make there would be that adel did do the right thing in that situation.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8351
The Jester wrote:*Sigh* Korlash didn't save you, armlx failed at voting me. :P I mean, he listened to Korlash, he even admitted it
This is true. I only owe Korlash 1 then since the moment i saw this post:
Korlash wrote:
Vote: korlash
For not being the assassin... And here I was looking forward to killing Poker... sigh... Well I can only hope hes the assassin so i can still kill him... sniffles...
I knew it would get one of us killed. Him self voting and MCD being the only one to jump on him was something.
Holy wrote:Lol! I just got back after my last post, good to know we're win! :mrgreen:
you did good holy, but from my prespective you followed me a bit too much. You checking in and voting MCD as almost responses to me made me think i would get killed. At least the possibility of WIFOM still existed though. One could think you were acting to make others think I was king but really wasn't and so killing me would be stupid. That though is crazy but yours and korlash's actions told me to avoid killing lynching you guys so I guess it works out. I actually made a lynch list of who I thought was least likly to be guards. I updated it as things went on, here is the final view of it.

Jester - was lynched day one
MCD - his reaction to korlash is odd. Must be lynched while Korlash is still alive
dahill1 - Does not look 100% king like because of day1 disposable when needed
Voodo - Knows how to lynch and keep things secret. Keep around to rush early lynches and hide info. Can't tell if he thinks i'm king so middle of game should be time to lynch him. His secrecy is useful to a degree
Farside - Knows i am king considering her list in contrast to Jesters and how she voted jester after me
Holy - Obv guard. She acts after me
Korlash - Has good chance of thinking I am king and looking like a king
Oman - Votes day 1 from dahill and jester can make him look king like and his response to korlash's self vote makes him obv guard.
The Jester wrote:Guys should know you don't lynch The Jester day 1..
This game was fun and this was our only mistake, lol. GG to
The
Jester and everyone else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well I suppose you have a point. Your point of view and MCD's point of may have seen wifom there, but sitting where I was, I was scared I was gonna die.

Also if you compare Farside's charts to Jester's you see how she marked me as town and he didn't. A change in the list is something to take note of and can expose a king. Be nice if we had won without lynching Jester, but oh well. Not sure what made you think he was obv guard. he asked too many questions and questions should be avoided as best they can from all sides. I admit that can makes things hard for the town so I guess theres a level of selective questioning then. Oh well I doubt Jester is mad we lynched him anyway. Good game everybody, I look forward to playing more mafia games with you all another time. Later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”