Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:27 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Hey Forbidden....

I hope you aint gonna post posts like this one I found....

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... &start=300

Its the 4th one down... seriously, how many cups of coffee did you have before/while/after posting that??

Christ, Im speechless.
('') (':') ('')
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Hey Im not knocking the actual post, the length of it however, is amazing!!

Mountain Dew you say... gotta get me some!

:lol:
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Nice work!!
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Firestarter »

VOTE: KNIGHT42

Your username has NIGHT in it, and night is a friend of scum!!!!
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Firestarter »

Connectivity will be low for the next 2 days guys, Ill try to get on at some point during this time.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Ok....

Action!!

..and a full re-read on the way!!!

Initial thoughts..

Knowing who's with who D1 gives town a better chance of distinguishing town from scum in their respective pairings. Hence, a better chance of winning D1.

On the flip side, a scum pair could easily coattail a townie/townie pair if he latches onto another townie, and a mislynch ensues.

I would be very much of the opinion that D1 should not be rushed, we should take our time, and properly formulate our votes on who we think are scum.

For now...
UNVOTE
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Firestarter »

chenhsi wrote: May I assume that he is Firestarter than, because he hasn't posted for 2 days and is the least active among those who have not claimed yet?
Firestarter wrote:Connectivity will be low for the next 2 days guys, Ill try to get on at some point during this time.
Well done Columbo...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Firestarter »

Page 2/3.

MSSK was the first to mention a mass claim. This was followed by opposition to the notion by Adel, then Spyrex., and MSSK & SSF seen some sense in this. Nameless & Forbidden both post about liking the massclaim. Gimbo posts that he is in favour of a massclaim. Discussion slightly shifts to pairs voting similarly, more to the point, SSF & Chelseafan do not see why lovers should vote the same way. Gimbo then claims Scum, and sets out his plan in post 74. He is also the first to claim lovers before a general concensus is reached, and/or agreed upon.
Thoughts

Based on the previous game of Polygamist, its unclear as to what strategy would be best. This is portrayed in differing opinions notably from Gimbo, and Adel. While the reasoning for either strategy held water, more Gimbo's than Adels, there was no clear direction for town at this point. But Gimbo jumped straight in and claimed his lover, as wellas claiming scum, and without a general concensus. If Gimbo is town, I can only echo what others have said in relation to a D2, if reached, and if Gimbo survives D1. He will have made it harder for town to win with his "plan," and would make it harder for him & his lover to survive D2. If he is scum, then shedding light on himself is highly risky, considering that one "scum catch" will win it for town. At this point, I do not see why claiming scum and setting out the game to his rulings are helpful. They seem to hinder town more than help imo.

Page 4

SSF questions Gimbo claim, after Gimbo outs his lover. Gimbo votes chelseafan (Post 78) to follow his rules and claim, which Chenhsi duly obliges with in post 79. There are a few posts between them, almost informally after this. Hard to read, but Knight42 points at the group of Gimbo/Chelseafan/Chenhsi/SSF as being the scum group. Gimbo then places a
HoS
on K42 due to his vote and his join date??? Spyrex in 89 seems flabbergasted at Gimbo claiming scum and states that Gimbo's lover,
regardless of alignment
must not be happy. Gimbo then fos's all non-claimers after only 2 playerts post since his claim. Adel then votes Gimbo for spreading confusion for voting his lover in the random stage. Gimbo then votes Adel apparantly for no reason other than Omgus. Post 97, and Gimbo calls for lovers to claim again. Post 98 sees Spyrex argue with Gimbo's "plan" and a vote is placed on Gimbo. Spyrex is almost convinced that Gimbo is scum, and has claimed scum to rub it in afterwrds, if Gimbo succeeds. SSF again posts a one-liner.
Thoughts

So far, after 2 pages of bickering between Gimbo/Adel/Spyrex, Gimbo seems to be the one placing reasons as to why mass claiming is a good idea, but in return, both Adel & Spyrex dont give reasoning at all, instead they both utter the same words, in different contexts, "Im not in favour of a massclaim"... Reasoning supports your convictions here, and its just not followed upon by either Adel or Spyrex. This alone does not relieve Gimbo of suspicion, after all, he has claimed scum, and any reasoning must be taken with a pinch of WIFOM salt.

Page 5

Starts with an exchange between Spyrex & HP about not having lovers place all their eggs into one basket when votes are cast. K42 weighs in with another random post, imo. and votes Gimbo. In 105, Gimbo gives reasons as to why K42 is now the "safest bet" in regards to his noobiness, and places a vote on K42. Spyrex questions K42's motives for voting Gimbo, and immediatly Gimbo attacks Spyrex, thinking he's being "a little worked up" (Post 107). The very next post sees Gimbo give reasoning for voting K42, the reasoning consists of K42 throwing his votes onto who he believes to be the scum group. In 110, Gimbo attacks K42 again for his noobiness and cluelessness. Adel weighs in with a claim that scum have likely paired into groups, and expects that the biggest proponents of a D1 massclaim would be scum, she also asks Gimbo what he's learned from the other polygamist game (post 111). Gimbo gives thoughts on the other game, and asks Adel a theoretical question as to what she would do if she were scum, and what she would do faced with a massclaim. Spyrex again voices his sureness that Gimbo is scum, (Post 113). In 114 Adel refuses to answer the question asked, and states that mass claiming will
not help her catch scum
. Chenhsi one-liner. Nameless supports the notion that lovers should not necessarily vote the same person, if both lovers thoughts are different. He attacks Gimbo's claim as being risky & ridiculous, if he is town. Adel links Nameless & Gimbo as a scum group. Nameless asks why, in relation to the link. Adel states that Nameless fears placing a vote on Gimbo in case there is a backlash if a quicklynch goes through. K42 posts twice, firstly stating he found it wierd that 2 lover sets claimed early, then states that Gimbo deserves to die for "pulling a stunt like that". Gimbo states that Adel is obvious scum, and Adel asks "Why no vote then...?"
Thoughts

Generally speaking, Im in agreement that lovers should not be bound with votes on one player, where one lover finds another player scummy, it does not automatically mean the partner does too. Scope should be allowed for one lover to try to convince the other of who is scummier/townie. On the flip side, scum have one objective, and that is to lynch townies. Chances are, that they will be more in agreement with each other when placing a vote, it doesn't make sense for them to scatter their votes. To bound lovers to vote for the same person, is scummy imo, as its harder to distinguish scum from town through voting patterns.
Gimbo seems to be targetting K42 on this page, and I think its an easy target if he is as noobie as he comes across in his posts. K42 has posted some content, but imo, not alot of it really adds up. My feeling is that he is a naive noobie, but whether or not he's town, Im unclear. Adel refused to answer a direct question, albeit theoretically, but holds true to her comment about scum being the biggest proponent of a massclaim by attacking Gimbo, who was the first to claim. That alone would not convince me that Gimbo is scum, because the dynamics of this game are inherently different to the other game, different players have different outlooks, Ill be very surprised if both games pan out as identical as Spyrex seems to think from post 53. Im not too happy with Adel's post containing her "not being able to catch scum." Its not a one-player game, and if town are to win, you have to have a more open mind, because even "Superior players" can be wrong. with their convictions. Add this to the fact that Adel almost prohibits Nameless, and in doing so, anyone else that places a vote on someone close to lynching.. it reeks of scuminess.

Page 6

Starts off with Gimbo voting Adel in response to the last post on page 5. Adel asks for reasoning, and Gimbo answers that he had already suspected her, Spyrex and K42, but no reasoning. Chenhsi again with a one-liner. Adel picks up on Gimbo's lack of reasoning, and states that the vote on her from Gimbo, was based on her voting Gimbo. This was preceeded by a post from Spyrex who states that Gimbo's cases are all OMGUS, (Post 130). K42 points out that his group of scum are not voting for each other, Gimbo again attacks K42 over his noobiness, He also states that all non-claimers are all under suspicion because claiming cannot hurt town. Chenhsi then replies to K42's statement that all of his scum group are not voting each other, when in fact a random vote was left from Chelseafan on his partner. K42 post 138, and he asks for a mass vote on Chelseafan to put pressure on SSF to withdraw his vote from his lover. In post 139, Gimbo again ridicules K42's noobiness. K42 then posts his "plan" again, in full. Gimbo points out that K42's "plan" is flawed and it prohibits SSF from withdrawing his vote, in fact, prohibits him from doing anything, as this will result in K42 believeing SSF to be scum. Gimbo points out that the norm for this type of game was for the townies to claim D1, (Post 142). Post 146 sees Gimbo yet again question K42's noobiness and toys with the idea that Spyrex & Adel are lovers. Chelseafan & Chenhsi both claim confusion from K42's plan.
Thoughts

This time, Gimbo refuses to answer a direct question from Adel, instead pointing to earlier suspicion. I dont see any reasoning however, and to this point it seems that Gimbo is happy to attack/vote anyone who attacks/votes him. On the same note, K42 is flip flopping with his votes, voting and unvoting the 4 players in his "scumgroup" within 51 posts of each other, I truly dont know what to make of him, as he is sticking to his earlier guns, voting people in the group he believes to be scum, but his reasoning, and mostly all of his posts, reek of noobiness, and naiveity. So far, its noobie town, altough there isn't really mush point in placing vots on players you believe to be scum, as one good hit, will take all 4 out if he is correct... However, to know who the scum group is so early in the game is a bit far fetched.
Gimbo managed to take a few swipes at K42 on this page, basically pointing at his play style, and his noobiness. This is the only Vote that has reasoning from Gimbo from what I can see. But K42's validity of scum hunting was rightly brought into question by Gimbo, Chenhsi and Chelseafan imo.

Page 7

SSF points out to K42 that a dice roll is the only reason a vote is on his lover. Forbidden than claims a lover of K42's, and disagrees with pretty much everything K42 has posted to date. Forbidden than questions Gimbo's plan, and states to wait to see how it unfolds. FL then places a
FoS
on Nameless for suggesting the mass claim at the start, and not going along with it. SSF unvotes in 154. In 155 Gimbo lists the pairings so far, and lists those who have not claimed. The main suspicion is on Adel & Spyrex, more so on Adel, pointing to reason such as "No reasoning as to why a D1 claim is no good", "Not answering a hypothetical question based as being scum", and "Ignoring comparisons to another game". HP replies to Gimbo post about non-claimed players containing scum. HP states that he left it up to his partner to claim pointing to an earlier post. Adel then replies stating that Gimbo is lying, or must have a short memory. Gimbo, in rely to HP, states that the probabilty of where scum are hiding is in equal amounts, 2/6 in the claimed group, 2/6 from the non-claimed group, he also states that HP overreacted and climbs Gimbo;s scumdar. SSF then states that Gimbo's probability is not a fair assumption to make. Spyrex contradicts Gimbo's claim that the other polygamist game was massclaimed from the start by town. He also states he was going to be more aggressive in this game from the outset, and again states that he believes that Gimbo's plan is not liked by him, and wants to test Gimbo's claim scum, as he believes that a scum victory is a likely outcome if Gimbo survives D1. States he will not claim. Adel points out that she is a superior player and that a mass claim will again, not help her catch scum in post 162. Chenhsi assumes that HP's lover is Firestarter. Gimbo seems to like this suggestion. 165, & SSF suggests that Chenhsi is rolefishing, and votes Chenhsi. Adel states she is "On to Gimbo" and again asks for reasoning over the Gimbo vote on her. In 168 Adel reiterates that the other polygamist game started with Scum calling for a massclaim from the start, and states that her and her lover expexted scum to look for a massclaim from the start. Chenhsi asks "What is fishing?". Adel helps out with the answer and states that SSF is diverting attention away from his lover. 173, Nameless claims Firestarter as his lover, and questions K42 over his logic in his "plan". Forbidden retracts Nameless
FoS.

Thoughts

Based on K42's posts to date, and based on the notion that Forbidden is town, distancing herslef from K42 would be the appropriate thing to do, as K42's posts and plans fail to inspire much. On the flip side the same would be true if they were a scum pair, so far, Forbidden hasn't offered much in the way of information, and based on K42's play to date, Im reading a townish vibe from them, very very much misguided town (K42). Both Adel & Spyrex contradicted an earlier statement made by Gimbo in relation to the other polygamist game, where scum were the main proponents of the massclaim, and town followed afterwards. This adds weight to the amount of players so far wanting a Gimbo lynch at this time.

Ok, so thats a full synopsis on 7 pages guys, its taken forever....
Im bloody well knackered atm, but I have read the posts on pages 8 & 9 so far.

Im happy to place my vote on Gimbo, his scumclaim, his voting of everyone thats attacked him from the scumclaim, his persistant wanting of a D1 massclaim, and putting everyone who didn't claim under a
Fos/Vote

My main want for this is the fact that if he survives D1, and another town pair are mislynched D1, it would be almost impossible for town to win D2.
It is the safest option at the moment, and again, if town, it will offer alot of info to work from in D2.
But if we've hit the sweet spot, there is no need to worry about a D2, as we can bathe in a town win.

VOTE: GIMBO

I believe this is -L1...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Firestarter »

Good question....

Chenhsi & Chelseafan, they're flying low under the radar. And if Im not mistaken, they have neither spoke out alot on the exchanges between You & Gimbo's exchanges. Would I also be correct in saying that they have no votes on anyone?? Im open for correction there.

HP & MSSK... HP has been posting, and somewhat defensively from what I can recall. On the whole, there isn't a whole lot to go on. But again, I believe that neither of them have votes placed anywhere either... I reiterate, Im open for correction on this.

Forbidden/K42... Ive stated what I think of this pairing in my previous post, K42 comes off very noobish, very naive, and very hasty to place votes. Forbidden seems more refined than K42, but hasn't offered up alot in the way of info. Im getting a 60/40 town vibe from them atm.

A penny for your thoughts, Adel, would be nice...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Maybe I need to ask that question again...

Who do you think are Gimbo/SSF scumpairing?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Firestarter »

And I responded in kind....

Dont be a spoilsport now
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Was that a question???

Was it even an answer???

Anyway, there are several lurkers left here....

HP, CF, Chenhsi, and MSSK who is to be replaced.

Can Forbidden be accused of active lurking?

Im not telepathic, so a full answer would be nice this time.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Firestarter »

To answer the queries above....

I did not list my group for obvious reason.... and I did not list Adel's group, because if Gimbo's group are scum, which I believe to be at this point, then Adel's group could not possibly be, the exchanges between them up to a point would be a completely stupid thing to do if both were scum. All it takes is 1 hit & they are all gone.

At this point, and looking back to posts asking for the Chelseafan/Chenhsi group to place a vote, they have not done so far, I think that this group are the remaining 2 scum.
Gimbo wrote:^ of course I know, but if I tell you right now "I AM TOWN, I AM TOWN, I AM TOWN!", would you believe me?? ....Exactly ;)
You have created so much confusion with your claim, that if you are allowed to live through D1, and D2 occurs, and if your town, youve created a no-win situ for town.

@Adel/Spyrex...
I would very much like to hear either/both your takes on the situation we are in at present.
1. If Gimbo/SSF are not to be lynched, what are your alternatives?
2. If there are alternatives, what are your reasons?

@K42
1. Are you also prepared to vote for your partner at some time during this game?
2. You still haven't answered Adels question...?!?!

@Chenhsi/Chelseafan..
Answers to the previous questions from Spyrex/Adel are required from both of you.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Firestarter »

Im gonna need a reread, and a post of my thoughts will follow....
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Firestarter »

Chelseafan wrote:I'm a he first off.

You say Adel's plan was a good one , which I admitted. I said I didn't like being lynched, I don't see why that's scummy in a game such as this where a mis lynch may cost the town victory. The fact NO One else seemed to find any merit in the plan is quit baffling if they believed Me/ches were scum with Gimbo, though I'm not saying everyone did, Knight certaintly seemed to think so early on.

Also you didn't cath Adel's plan? Surely you would have read the thread before you put a vote on Gimbo? I mean there was enough references to it, it's not exactly like it was that hard to miss was it? I find it quite hard to believe you missed the plan really.
Adel asks Chelsea if she's willing to lynch Gimbo again and again.
Sorry I can't exactly answer a question if I'm not online. I don't believe I was asked the question "again and again" before I answered. I answered it as quick as I could.
Chelseafan wrote:Well the plan was out there though, I don't think it was that bad as I believe I said.
I find it hard to believe though that no one noticed it apart from me, in fact I'm pretty sure the scum would have noticed it and chosen not to comment it.

Meh I wasn't offended lol, just pointing it out :)
So basically what your saying is that if the rest of us had noticed it, and decided that that was the way to go, that you'd have been happy with that???
Nope, you said the only reason you would not go ahead with it was because it was you....
If you are town, and you did say you noticed it, why are you questioning everyone else so much about it?

If you are town, then the logic behind your questioning is that if everyone had agreed to it, you would have made the sacrifice.... But you didn't...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Now, as for Adels plan, it did not register with me at the time, but the hulabaloo over it from Adel/Spyrex/CF has made me go back & look further into it.
What I can see is the initial suggestion from Adel, and CF agreeing its a good plan, but not wanting to go ahead with it.
Adel is then asked by Gimbo what it means, and Adel asks him to go look again.
Thats the end of this suggestion, and not even Adel pushed this.
Gimbo played a very scummy game, and practically everyone and their dog was agreed that Gimbo needed to go at that point. Its been said many times why people didnt want him to get to D2 with his ploy, I dont need to repeat this.
But behind the "what ifs" is the underlying fact that town thought him to be scum. And if all scum were on the wagon, it would have taken only 3?? town to lynch.

However, Chelseafan/Chenhsi were the only grouping not voting, hadn't alot to say about the whole affair, laid low in the process, and did not commit to anyone/anything.
I get the most scum vibes from this pairing at the moment, but there is another pair out there and Im at a crossroads between Forbidden/Knight & Harvey/Zeek, I find both on an equal scum/town footing at this point.

Zeek has posted better than HP since replacing, but he has mentioned that he thinks that CF/Chenhsi & Forbidden/Knight could be the scum pairing, I can see this, but he's also mentioned Nameless/Firestarter & Spyrex/Adel as an alternative to this, but without reasoning.
HP has been off too, removing the vote from Gimbo having had it on him since the random stage. Then saying that he didn't think Gimbo was town because he was too mad!! Ive never played a game with Gimbo, nor anyones else here, so I cannot go along with meta's, only whats put in front of me in-game.
HP is the scummiest of this pairing

I said earlier in the game that I thought that Knight was a misguided townie, but since the lynch of Gimbo, Knight has seemingly gone missing, after being so vocal in D1, he threw votes practically everywhere, a confusing scum tactic perhaps?. Forbiddens recent post asking him to come out of hiding as "she cannot defend both of them" is suspicious to me, altoguh I cant quite put my finger on it at this point. My earlier assumption seeing Knight as a misguided town doesn't sit as well with me at this point.
Knight is the scummiest of this pairing.

As Ive stated, I find Forbidden/Knight & Zeek/HP equally scummy and/or townish in their play till now, and one of them would be my candidates for the 2nd pairing of scum at this point. At a push, Knights play is possibly the scummiest of the 4 from memory.

There is also the pairing of Adel & Spyrex.
Most of the posts from this pairing have contained alot of sense, and experience, that is clear. But the really odd thing is the removal of the votes on Gimbo from both of them... and stating that they would be placing their votes back on Gimbo regardless of hammer or not???
This is even more baffling because if there was a major change/mishap/occurence/ in the time that the vote was removed up to the point that they both re-voted, would it have made a difference??? Spyrex himself said that he was not gonna change his mind, as that would have made him look scummy.
Given Gimbo's play, its clear why you suspected Gimbo so much, we all did,, but you did not leave scope to look at other avenues, after unvoting for discussion????
My concern here is the "hardened commitment" to Gimbo.
Saying that, I think that this pairing is the most townish left from the 4 other groups.

My scum to town list reads like this at the moment... Top being more scum, and bottom, etc, etc...

1. Chelseafan/Chenhsi
2. Zeek/HP ~ Forbidden/Knight.
4. Spyrex/Adel

My
Vote
is on
CF/Chenhsi
at this point.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

UNVOTE
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Firestarter »

Hang on Spyrex, thats under the assumption that you and Adel are town....
But thats not an assumption anyone else can make...

Adel also voted Chelsea, but instantly changed it to Forbidden....

Now Forbidden has a 2nd vote from one of my main suspects, Chenhsi...

There is also another posibility I overlooked in my recent big post, and thats Adel/Spyrex & CF/Chenhsi are the scum pairing, but that is due to my thinking that one of the pair were the least likeliest to be scum, Adel/Spyrex.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Firestarter »

Ive already stated my case... Chelsea/Chenhsi are my main suspects as scum.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by Firestarter »

@Adel.. who is the scum-match of Forbidden/Knight?

@Spyrex... What are thoughts on the previous pages events?

@Nameless... I'd also like to hear your views since my large post on the previous page.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by Firestarter »

I pointed out what I thought was odd with Adel/Spyrex at the time, and tbh, there wasn't much anything else I found wrong with them beforehand.

CF/Chenhsi, you/HP, and Forbidden/Knight, before the Gimbo lynch, from my read are scummier than the pairing of A/S, thats why they were not above either of the 3 before-mentioned pairings. But there was the "Dedicated hammer" from Sprex/Adel on Gimbo, I need to look at this closer.
In saying that, Im not gonna rule out Spyrex/Adel being one half of the scum group, possibly with Chelsea/Chenhsi.
Adel wrote:
Firestarter wrote:@Adel.. who is the scum-match of Forbidden/Knight?
whomever doesn't vote for him ;)
By the time you find out who hasn't voted for them, they will be lynched if the remaining 6 place their votes, as you seem to see happening with your post. Thats a risky gamble, considering the stage we are at.
And if both you & Spyrex were to refrain from voting until the hammer, which you did in D1, then another possible scum group could be Spyrex/Adel ~ + one of the voting pairs.
I dont like it the way you seem to be directing this, see who will vote for Forbidden/Knight, and give off the impression that your scumhunting, when its quite possible that you are scum with one of the voting pairs.
If Spyrex/Adel refrain from voting for Forbidden/Knight, then the other 6 players vote, that would be enough for a lynching.

There are alot of different permutations running through my head at this moment I cant think properly.

Ill come back to this later today, with hopefully a fresher mind.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:32 am

Post by Firestarter »

Ive played in a previous game with Forbidden, and if my memory serves me correct, she said she played mafia in other fora...

She even tried a gambit similar to Gimbo's here, similar in that both were ludicrous and both eventually got lynched as townies.

However, her play style is dramatically different in this game. She was quick out of the blocks in the other game, but was more subdued in D1 here... letting her partner do his stuff..

Although they can be useful, Im not a huge fan of meta's ... so Im not gonna stick all my eggs into that basket, but there is a noticeable difference in playstyle between the 2 games.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Firestarter »

Chelseafan wrote: What does your 3rd sentence here mean"and you did say you noticed it",? I did notice it, I even responded to Adel about it..
The reason I state this is because you made a big deal of questioning why nobody acted on it...
after the fact.

There were 2 posts from you after the Gimbo lynch that seems to me that you would have been happy being lynched, but that was simply not the case beforehand.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 am

Post by Firestarter »

Yes, they are the 2 posts, but the fact they came so early
After
Gimbo's lynch is suspsicous to me.

And your right, Spyrex did also miss it first time round, and althoguh I seen it also, it did not seem to be significant when it was posted.

The fact that Gimbo questioned it, Adel told him to read up, and Adel not pushing her original thought are reasons why it was not followed upon at the time.

I think the fact that Spyrex seemed to also not notice it, put his partner, Adel off of following it up. Hence the 2 votes from Spyrex, then Adel on Gimbo.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Firestarter »

Ok, first off...

MOD: Can we have prods on all current inactives please!

The way the last page has panned out, and this, I cant rule anyone out Spyrex, and that includes who I thought to be the least scummiest pair at one stage, you & Adel.

I want to hear opinions from everyone however, as this game will inevitably stall...

There are plenty of posts for the rest to digest, but I'd also like to hear different, if any, viewpoints.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (isolation #25) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Firestarter »

Nameless wrote:There have a been a few small things I've disagreed with or thought odd, but overall their actions and ideas have been to the benefit of the town.
This statement I agree with.

Spyrex/Adel would be my choice.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #26) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Ive gotta say, that this list is intriguing and confusing for me in equal proportions....

And I echo the sentiments about why this will be valid in the end...

It would seem that what your doing is a townish thing to do, but your offering no info, and its equally probable that your compiling a list to help in lynching a townie.

So far, we have 3 people "cleared" by others... Im not happy with the wording your using here, Im pretty certain that noone has "cleared" anyone at this stage.

You should change that straight away... possibly as "X sees x as likely townie" or something along those lines.

Spyrex has stated that Zeek is likely townie, but if this "clears" Zeek, does it also clear his partner, whome I consider to be more scummy than Zeek, hence clearing the love pair?

Your reluctance to indicate who you, Adel, thinks is most townie at this point, may be nothing, but your blankly refusing to disclose this while asking for everyone else to...

BTW, Spyrex is the lover from your pair who has recieved the votes for "clearance" as you put it, so no, you dont have as much "pro town karma" as you think...

In fact, your list so far indicates that both Spyrex & I are the ones with most "clearances" to our name...

Who do you think is/are the the most townie?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:yeach, I can't rule anyone out as scum right now. Does anyone have a list of who they think is most probably town?
This is your own quote Adel.....
Firestarter wrote: Who do you think is/are the the most townie?
Adel wrote:
unvote, vote:Firestarter
Firstly, please answer the questions put in front of you...
Secondly, I refuse to rule anyone out either....
Thirdly, I'd very much like to hear an explanation for your latest action..
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Firestarter »

forbiddanlight wrote:That's OMGUS like hell Adel. While Firestarter's post left me uneasy, your post doesn't make me feel any better. Explain. You don't have to reveal your pro town choice like he's demanding, but honestly, votes without reasoning aren't good play. (Also, I think if you clear Spyrex, you as such clear Adel, and she does have a point with her attempt. I want to see where it goes. She can't set up a mislynch if we pay attention)
Im not demanding an answer from Adel, Im asking her for her choice at this time, like she asked of the rest of the players...

If anything, and by your own phrasing, Forbidden, I'd argue the point that Adel is
more
"demanding" having requested in several different posts for players to co-operate...
Yet she is not so forthcoming herself...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Firestarter »

ZeekLTK wrote:Adel what is the point of this list you are compiling and why haven't you provided a name for it?
Note this was posted before both of yours.

My problem is that although compiling a list like this can be helpful to town (I cant see it in this case at the moment), it can also help scum to narrow down a target that would seem convincing to the rest.
You wanting to be the last to name your suspect would fit in nicely if you are scum.
This is a possibilty that town would be foolish to rule out given we're at lylo.
In saying that, Im happy to see your conclusions at the end of this, but you do not need this list to name your top suspect(s) at this time.
Firestarter wrote: Firstly, please answer the questions put in front of you...
Secondly, I refuse to rule anyone out either....
Thirdly, I'd very much like to hear an explanation for your latest action..
These still stand.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #30) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:11 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:@Firestarter: please provide the name of your non-suspect so that we can carry on with this process.
Ive done so already, you also missed my choice. Go back 2/3 pages and you'll find it.
Adel wrote:
Firestarter wrote: My problem is that although compiling a list like this can be helpful to town (I cant see it in this case at the moment), it can also help scum to narrow down a target that would seem convincing to the rest.
ah, but I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect.
You wanting to be the last to name your suspect would fit in nicely if you are scum.
I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect. If I was trying to identify a safe person to push a mislynch on,
and
I was asking for most-suspicious person, your theory would make sense.
This is a possibilty that town would be foolish to rule out given we're at lylo.
In saying that, Im happy to see your conclusions at the end of this, but you do not need this list to name your top suspect(s) at this time.
So you are asking for me to list my top suspects? WTF! Are you really making the supreme scum blunder of doing exactly the scummy thing you are accusing your targeted townie of doing? What luck!
In response to this last post...
By you deducing from your list who is more townie, you can also deduce who is more scum..
You know well what I meant, and to twist my words like that is not good.

You are deliberatly and completely missing what Im getting at,
I have asked you who you think is the most townie...
Firestarter wrote: Who do you think is/are the the most townie?
How you can deduce from the above quote that I was asking you for your suspect is beyond me....

My questions, that you have failed to answer several times, still stand...

In response to Spyrex' post...

I am also waiting for a conclusion to Adels compiling, and I agree wholeheartedly that discussion is good... but this list is stalling discussion, period...

And when Adel gets back to us with her conclusions, should we be basing our discussion around who she thinks is Scum.. only?

Ive said it before, Im intrigued as to what Adel is doing, but Im also confused... I have not asked her for any info regarding that list, simply who she thinks is town before she finishes...
The overreaction and vote in relation to my post reeks of scum, there is no denying that, especially when she has not addressed whats been put in front of her, and a lack of a coherent case to vote for me in the first place.

Her vote on me, imo, is to silence me.. I will not be silenced from posting my thoughts

Adel, either give me reasons and answer my questions, or remove your vote from me...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #31) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Firestarter »

I dont think I over reacted honey...

Shy Guy, you make some sense about Spyrex...
The more I think about him, the more I would consider him to be neutral, but this is all based on Adels's recent actions, who has been way more scummier than her partner.

I chose Spyrex for the fact that he has not given me any reason to think he's scum..
That said, there is no overwhelming evidence to think that he is town...
But when I apply that thinking to everyone, Spyrex is the most townish imo.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #32) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

Shy Guy wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Shy Guy, you make some sense about Spyrex...
Oh? In what sense did I 'make sense'? I didn't provide any argument for my conclusion that I can see.
Shy Guy wrote:Before I delve into my analysis though, I wish to ask Nameless, and my lover, forbiddenalight, why they chose to clear Spryex?
Indeed, Spryex has not acted nearly as suspiciously as Adel, but I do not have a town-read on him, only a neutral/slightly scummy read
, and I have yet to re-read his posts individually for consistency.
@Shy Guy..
I believe this is your first post on this page...

My comment on Spyrex was not based on anyones conclusions.
The bolded part got me thinking about the scum to town behaviour of Spyrex, The hammer on Gimbo v his wanting discussion/time/questioning voters. At this moment, Im siding with a neutral read on Spyrex, which happens to be the most townish read from anyone im getting.

Ive already given my thoughts on the hammer of Gimbo, and where I see the jot on the copybook of Adel & Spyrex as a pair.
My concern with Spyrex is the actual commitment to voting Gimbo, while leaving room for discussion, hammer or not.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #33) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Firestarter »

I could, but I'd rather your partner answer my questions first.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #34) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:
Firestarter wrote: My problem is that although compiling a list like this can be helpful to town (I cant see it in this case at the moment), it can also help scum to narrow down a target that would seem convincing to the rest.
ah, but I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect.
You wanting to be the last to name your
suspect
Most townish-like player
would fit in nicely if you are scum,
so you could choose the least townish player, who is town, for lynching
I am not asking for a suspect, I am asking for a non-suspect. If I was trying to identify a safe person to push a mislynch on,
and
I was asking for most-suspicious person, your theory would make sense.
In saying that, Im happy to see your conclusions at the end of this, but you do not need this list to name your top
suspect
Most townish-like player at this time.
So you are asking for me to list my top suspects? WTF! Are you really making the supreme scum blunder of doing exactly the scummy thing you are accusing your targeted townie of doing? What luck!
Looking back through earlier posts, Ive realised I did place "suspect" in instead of "Most townish-like player."
I was focused on who Adel may choose as her lynchee in the first part of my post, and continued on in that vein.
Ive edited those posts in the quote, and inserted what should have been there.

@Adel, can you now address this, and the other questions that are outstanding please.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:29 am

Post by Firestarter »

Ok, I need to digest these posts from you Shy Guy...
I will give opinions on them in due course, there may also be additional thoughts on other things I may pick up along the way..
So, dont put your reading glasses away just yet.

Ill be back late in the *afternoon, and hopefully contribute then.

*Late in the afternoon in Ireland is about 6pm.. which is about 4 hours away from now*
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (isolation #36) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Firestarter »

@Nameless..
At this point, my thoughts on the A/S pairing is that I get a mild town vibe from Spyrex and a stronger scum read from Adel.

So, as a pair together, I get a scum read from them.

My thoughts on this pair have changed significantly since Adels actions several pages back, and her unwillingness to answer questions basically on anything. There are other reasons that Im aiming at posting today or tomorrow.

Saying that, my thoughts on the Forbidden/Shy Guy pair have significantly changed also.. this is down to Shy Guy being an obviously better player than K42 was in just a few posts, I'd previuosly thought of K42 as a misguided and very naive townie.
But skimming through Shy Guys synopsis, there is a certain amount of content that didn't need to be there.. or as you so eloquently put it my lover... Waffling.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Apologies to all after I said I would have some thoughts on this game posted yesterday, I simply didn't have the time to commit to a real reread, its something I need to do before my next post of substance.

My aim is to have this posted by tomorrow evening, but it could flow into the next day.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Firestarter »

QUICK NOTE

Outta town for a couple of days.
Ill post thoughts when back.
Possibly Monday.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Firestarter »

A player by player analysis from several of the last few pages and before is on its way guys...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Firestarter »

Ill hold off on my already completed post until this is done....
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:Shy Guy is next to post.
Posts out of the claim order will not be counted.
Adel, I probably didn't make myself clear then, but to do so now....

I have my suspects at the bottom of my post...

And going by your last post, they'll be ignored if I post "Out of turn"

As Ive already stated, I have my post completed, it took me almost 2 hours to create...

Did you not see my earlier post planning on posting it?
I planned on doing so until you intervened with your post..
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Firestarter »

BTW, your attempts at trying to make me look lurkish is laughable...
Ive informed at every junction when I would post, and it wasn't possible with RL at those times, this weekend Ive also been away with my better half, that I also informed all of, in every game Im in..

As I said, I have my post ready......
But it contains my scum pairing at the bottom...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Im sorry... you implicity referred to me in that post.....

Dont be an idiot about it....

Originally, I said I would post a player by player analysis, but the further I got with the Adel/Spyrex pairing, the more I seen them as scum over others.

SPYREX...(Isolated posts)

D1..

Post 2, and Spyrex weighs in with his " Why massclaim D1?"
This is consistent with his lover.

Post 5, and Spyrex places a vote on Gimbo after his "I’m scum" claim.
Nothing scumlike here. but the part at the bottom is interesting in a retrospective way...
"5.) (And this gets me) You've created a situation where, if you WERE actually town, you've lost the game for us if it goes to day 2 and you are alive. Guess who I'd vote for? Hint - its you. That means, by your own logic, my partner would and then all the scums sure as hell would. "
In hindsight, Spyrex has set his D2 target, if Gimbo survives D1...

Post 9, "Gimbo, you are a hoot but coming out
claiming scum is just nuts.
So, Captain Crazy is a term of endearment."
Post 11, "Now, you with that
amazing scum claim,
setup a situation where, if you are town, you've all but doomed the town to a loss if you survive today"
Both bolded parts imply you seem to know otherwise Spyrex.

Post 12, "If Gimbo IS town, we will lose this game. Call me a prophet, for I have deemed it so." & "Of course, like I said, after this gambit if Gimbo IS town he has, unquestionably, lost the game for us. So, there we are."

Post 13, "So, in case you can't see it; by claiming scum and having US be the ones to attack you for it you have setup back-to-back lynches of us and you in some fashion."

Post 17, "More than the massclaim, its the scumclaim. That gambit, in most setups, would be a total WIFOM that might work. In this one, I feel it is a much better setup for scum than for town to pull a stunt like that."
The 3 last quoted posts all reinforce that Spyrex is going to vote Gimbo if he survives D1.
Although at the time, Gimbo's play was terrible, Spyrex did not need to re-utter this point in the space of 4 posts.
I get the feeling that if Gimbo was still with us, Adel would not have him cleared, and Spyrex was committed to him anyway.

In post 22, Spyrex states that massclaiming was a bad thing for town and a good thing for scum... To date, this has not been proven by either of the pair.

In Post 24, Spyrex now states that he will not be voting for Gimbo if he survives D1... but he also states....
"After my reread tomorrow(probably late), I will be putting my vote back on Gimbo. I, at that point, do not care if it is the hammer. It is happening."
This is a promise, a commitment, and after leaving room for discussion, he has left no scope to alter his thinking, regardless if he seen Adels' post on CF or not. Spyrex subsequently has stated that he would have changed his vote if he saw Adel's post on CF... I firmly believe, that after both of them stated how stupid they would have looked if they did change their votes, they would not have...

Post 25, "I've said, after my reread tonight, I'm putting my vote back there, hammer or not. I took it off to help with discussion, that is all. "
And if discussion changed in the shape of who would be lynched, then what???

Post 27, and as promised, places Gimbo at -L1.. his lover not too far behind, hammers....

D2

Post 28... "Ok, I'll finish up my synopsis today.
DO NOT VOTE - FoS's and the like. We don’t want to get to 2 and, if we're wrong, go boom.
If someone, while I'm gone, wants to show all the possible pairings, that might help."
This post echoes his partners request for others to post lists of pairings...

Post 29, sees Spyrex give thoughts on D1, but most notably, asks why no-one noticed HIS partners post on lynching CF.
Also claims to not wanting to do anything rash....
Again, Spyrex echoes his partners thoughts very closely, about the no mentioning of the CF lynch.

In the next post, Spyrex questions CF about the proposed lynch of him. Also claims to have no firm opinions yet.
"But, yes, as town I could actually see getting myself lynched to have a mostly confirmed town on lylo ESPECIALLY in this setup. "
Why didn't this come before Gimbo's lynch? Ah, yes.. you didn't see it.....
To me, this is bussing of scum. The pressure after the fact, and the subsequent clearing of CF/Chenhsi from Spyrex & Adel... All too scumlike imo.

Post 35, and Spyrex sees Zeek/HP as the "least likely" suspects on his list. Also points to CF/Chenhsi as being the most likely scum pairing.

Post 36, and after votes have been placed by other, Spyrex sensibly asks for all to stop, and discuss...
Post 37, still happy with placing a vote on CF/Chenhsi..
Post 43, and Spyrex again bemoans the fact that no-one brought up Adels case on CF... not even him...

These posts contain echoing of earlier comments, a pattern all too familiar with Spyrex at this stage.
While he may not seem the scummiest up to this point, he fails to commit to anything at the end of his long posts, saying he needs more re-reads, input from others, etc, etc.. Yet, D1.. he was pretty much the committed type...
A change of tact, definitely....

Post 45, "
This isn't us pushing a vote, this isn't us trying to shape and mould the minds of the town - it is just data. If, when its all done Adel lays down her case and people just start voting I would be seriously irritated. Discussion is going to be the key because we can't afford to make any sense." & "I say Zeek is the single person I find townie "...
Imo, this pairing have manipulated the way most people have thought from D1, up until the point Shy Guy replaced in.
Shy Guy has attacked this pairing and everything they said beforehand, seems to have gone by the wayside, including the "Lets not vote" notion....
There’s also the small note about where Spyrex sees Zeek at this time.

Post 48, and Spyrex is starting to change his mind on Zeek, for attacking Adel...
"If my hammering of Gimbo is going to be the great point in which the crux of this is brought up I am going to be sad. Hell, if I was truly a prophet day 1 and this goes down the way its shaping up to I am going to be sad. "
Appeal to emotion, and the instant reversal of thinking of Zeek, and mentioning HP's erratic behaviour D1, only after Zeek attacks his partner, Adel.

In 54, Spyrex cannot see what all the fuss was about around the Gimbo lynch, yet both him and Adel, since the Gimbo lynch, have seemed very regrettable about the whole thing, yet both question why no-one posted thoughts on Adels initial post. The fact that Adel placed the hammer 9 posts after she posted her reasoning on having CF lynched, left no room for discussion, couple this with the promises that both delivered, it may not have changed their mind. I firmly believe it would not have changed their minds.
Both posts 24 & 25 of Spyrex tell us a completely different story...

Post 55, and Spyrex, in response to Shy Guys analysis of the game, accuses him of coming into the game with an agenda, to remove A/S pairing from the game, regardless of alignment.
I think, looking back, that Shy Guy did indeed focus a lot on Adel, but its not without merit from the time he replaced in.
There is plenty of reasons to suspect both, as I’m pointing out here.
The OMGUS reaction of Shy Guy " having an agenda" pre-replacing in, is, imo, very weak.

In 57, Spyrex again states that he did "clear" Zeek at one stage, but also states he was very hesitant about it, the fact he named Zeek over others, means he was more hesitant about the rest of the players... At any point in the game, every player, town, of course, is hesitant to confirm/clear anyone.

59, and Spyrex states that any suspicion anyone has over his pairing in relation the hammer is weak...
Rubbish, both of you committed to it, and failed to follow up on what’s been pushed in D2, why no-one went after CF.

Post 64, and Spyrex, who 16 posts earlier was more sure of Zeek than any other player of being town, places his vote on him. Funnily enough, Spyrex singles 2 players out that he was undecided about voting for, Shy Guy & Zeek...
Even funnier is the fact that both of them launched attacks on his love pairing.

Post 65, "If we lose this game because we get hammered, I apologize in advance for that. I got too busy and was too tired to finish my analysis and hammered when I said I would. It was obviously a good case and it should have been taken up.
As it is, my vote is down. I'm interested to see on what’s going to happen from here."
Another appeal to emotion, and the confirmation of a vote being laid down...
This after Spyrex wanted to wait until his partner, Adel, finished her "list" before committing anywhere.

Post 66, "I don’t know if its a mistake or what, but I sure do not agree with what I said earlier based on the last few pages so."
WTF?? Was there a need for this.... This is a poor attempt at making something you firmly believed in so strongly at one point, seem rather bemusing at another. So much for waiting to see what "fruits" your partner has with her tedious list....

Post 67, "I don’t mind her voting with me. I should have finished my read before voting."
Of course you don’t... it hammered a townie.
To say you didn't finish your read means nothing, its equally probable that you did read it, and simply ignored it.

Post 68 sees Spyrex giving reasons why has changed his view on Zeek, and offers lines on why Zeek has attacked Adel... which are the same reasons he's voting for Zeek.... Claims the timing of Zeeks attacks on Adel are questionable.
Personally, most of what Zeek has mentioned is also included in what I am posting. I also see these reasons as Adel/Spyrex being scum. It is Spyrex's attack here which is odd, as he doesn't give any. It like a very thick OMGUS post.

Post 73, and Spyrex defends his partners actions, and questions anyone who's suspicious of her, why they are.
A big part of the suspicion on Adel, imo, is the fact that after all the questioning she has done, she has deflected away from questions directed at her, claiming she cannot give the same details as she has asked of others.
TBH, I cannot see what this info would give scum, in the way of help to win the game.
The fact that CF was chosen by Adel, who was earlier a huge suspect of Adels, and continued to be into D2, reeks of scum.

ADEL...(Isolated posts)

D1..

Post 4 contradicts post 1 + 3. 1 + 3 both question why a massclaim should take place in D1, and post 4 gives some good reasoning for it???

Post 10 and Adel claims it will "be harder for her" to catch scum. Also refuses to give thoughts on a hypothetical question about being scum. Also re-iterates that scum will be the biggest proponent of a D1 massclaim.

Post 17 re-iterates it will "be harder for her" to catch scum.
Post 20, further identifies this game as starting similar to the last Polygamist game. Claims that she and Spyrex conversed pre-game that scum would be the biggest "shouters" of a massclaim. There’s a very good possibility that this plan to out scum from the start, actually turns out to be town.. which is what happened.

Post 22 and Adel states that "In general terms a massclaim has neither a net positive or net negative effect for the players of this setup", but then adds in the same paragraph " The widespread and mistaken belief in the first run of this game was that it was a good idea".. Another contradiction...

Post 23... "Why are you eager to paint me as being anti-town? You are the one who forced your decision to claim upon
the rest of the town
before there was widespread agreement." THE REST OF TOWN????

Post 27
unvote, vote: KNIGHT42 until he answers the question from this post.
Another inconsistency, as is showed later on in the game.. Wants questions answered, but is unwilling to do so herself.

Post 32 "hey, SpyreX, would you mind unvoting? We can hammer together in 48 hours or so. "
It gets interesting what happens in between this and the hammer on Gimbo.
Post 33 "I think a better question, if you are town, is who is trying to set us up to responsibility for your lynch?"
This is directed to Gimbo after he asks what will happen after he flips town...
Post 32 & 33 are really strange... Adel promises to hammer, then asks who is setting them up to lynch what turns out to be a townie.... Add this to post 23, and untownlike knowledge is displayed here...

Posts 35/36 asks Chelseafan & Chenhsi if they are willing to vote for Gimbo but in 37 states she is only looking for a yes or no...
Post 38 "Why are you willing to lynch him if 4 other pairs of players are also willing to lynch him?"
Yet Adel & Spyrex do the exact thing Adel questions CF/Chenhsi of???

Post 40, Votes CF.. Post 41, Gives reasoning that if CF is lynched and turns up town, then
obviously
Gimbo is too.. Post 42, responds to Gimbo about what Scum would do pregame, and at the start of the game... "During the pregame we would determine who was going to claim lover with whom. I would go along with an early massclaim, keep a low profile, posting more than 30% of other players, just enough to avoid being identified as a lurker. I would also go along with the first reasonable wagon, or exploit an early mistake by another player, with the goal of getting the first real wagon to go through to lynch. "
Regardless of what game was before, its very reasonable to suggest that either method.. Yours or what actually happened, Gimbo being town looking for a massclaim D1, would happen. The fact that Adel tried to ram home that it was scum, early on and subsequently through D1, who would try for a D1 massclaim doesn't sit easily. The fact of the matter was it was a townie. Post 44, and Adel is questioned on her logic, and states...
"The only way I can disprove the logical conclusion resulting from this train of thought is to actually vote to lynch Gimbo, which I am willing to do. I would rather lynch him today rather than tomorrow, because if he survives today's
eventual Chelseafan lynch
then I will be awfully sure that he is town."
Willing to lynch Gimbo, and Eventual Chelseafan lynch? Both in the same sentence.....
This is another contradictory post.. You say the only way to prove your logic is to lynch Gimbo, but if he survives that you'd be awfully sure he was town????

Post 47, and Adel points to a Chelseafan lynch being the one that town should opt for..
But in 49... Gimbo receives the hammer....
Between 9 posts a case was made on building a lynch towards Chelseafan, and the ultimate lynch of Gimbo...
As I’ve expressed in earlier posts around this time, I was uneasy about what had happened, looking back and seeing what’s happened since, this sticks out like a sore thumb. More to the point.. sticks out like scum.

D2...

Post 51, and Adel is feeling pissed at herself for not insisting on the CF case....
Really??? It didn't show in the nonchalant hammer tbh...

Post 52, and Adel refuses to rule out anybody as scum, and asks for others to post their thoughts on who they think are town.
Post 53, Adel sticks a vote on CF... No reasoning.
Post 54, Adel sticks her vote on Forbidden, for changing her mind about not wanting to place a vote on CF.
Post 55... "I'm happy with my vote. I listened to my lover last time and abandoned the Chelsea wagon, so I'm going to follow my own understanding of where this game is at and follow what I feel is the best course of action.
Does anyone else want to follow me on the forbiddanlight wagon?"
The last 3 posts are horrible, and are very trap-like imo.... At this stage of the game, manipulation by Adel is increasing, and does so further when she asks for everyone to co-operate with the "list" she planned on creating to catch scum.

Post 56, another question is asked, and a deflected answer is given...

Post 61, and after several posts questioning Forbiddens participation in other games, Adel calls for all to participate in naming who they are "confident in" as being town. She also assures all that with 100% partcipation town stand a 60% chance of winning.
The word "confident" should not have been used here imo, the fact was, and still is that no-one can be confident of anyone else, except for the alignment of their partner. Confident, as in knowing who's who, is reserved for scum. They know, 100% of the time, who is town. As far as where we are in the present, the "Clearing of CF/Chenhsi" makes me think even more that Adel/Spyrex are the scum group with Chelseafan/Chenhsi.

Post 62, and Adel starts to express her annoyance with Chenhsi's participation.
I think its a gimme at this stage that everyone is.

Post 63, re-calls for 100% participation in her "List."

Zeek questions Adel's purpose of the "list", and responds by saying "Getting nervous" and "The point of the list is to collect the data necessary to out scum."
At this point, there are no obvious methods to out scum with the list, I shared my pov on this later on.

Post 70, and Adel is responding to Zeek about who she thinks is town in her eyes... She refuses to answer, claiming to want to be the last to have to do so. Firestarter then questions Adel further, disproving her earlier reason as to why she doesn't need to name her townie-like-player...
"I'd prefer to be the last one to give a name... it seems like my answer would catch several players by surprise, and since I apparently have so much pro-town karma right now, I would hate for other players of less certain alignment to hide behind my opinion. "
She then votes Firestarter, in 72, and when pressed on why she did, she responds..
"nope, sorry. have fun though. "
Another refusal to what she is asking the rest of the players to do. A very distinct pattern is emerging here.

Post 78 sees Adel giving reasoning to Firestarter that her vote on him was to "get a response"... and that she has not publicly posted her case on me?? That vote remains on me since then... ? Care to elaborate now?
It also sees Adel give her top-townlike player, or the one she wants to "clear", in her own words. And surprisingly, its Chelseafan...
This is very surprising seeing as that she wanted a CF lynch in D1, sincere or not????
But even more surprising, and this is taken from her own logic, is that there was no-way that Chelseafan could have been confirmed with a Gimbo lynch, but vice-versa.
At this moment, there is nothing surprising in her most townlike choice.

Post 85, and Adel "Wishes" that Shy Guy replaced in D1.... Why exactly???

Post 86, and Adel says the reason for hammering Gimbo was that she "lacked courage & commitment" to the case she felt was right... You then state that Gimbo would have only been 80% "cleared" if CF was lynched, having earlier said he would have been confirmed, and that CF would have been 60% "cleared" if Gimbo was lynched. She then questions why everyone "Disregarded" her case on CF... And again asks for Chenhsi to be replaced.
To me, you pretty much stuck with your earlier conviction when asking your lover to unvote so that both of you could hammer 48 hours later. I’m also failing to see how CF can be 60% confirmed at this time.....
Not only that, but you seem to be placing the blame on the rest for Gimbo's lynch, when it was you and your partner that hammered, and promised to do so 48 hours earlier?????

In 91, Adel states that when she's scum, "I am not plagued with self-doubt", again questions why nobody responded to her case on CF, and again asks for Chenhsi to be replaced.
In regards to the self-doubt, I only seen this after the hammer of Gimbo, and that’s pretty much full of WIFOM. As for the continued points about the case for CF you made, there were only 9 posts between when you brought it up, and hammered. Its not like you left a huge gap between for anyone to take notice, or indeed post thoughts, or long posts.
And, the continued pursuit of having Chenhsi replaced is strange. Given that you need him for your increasingly more annoying list that’s put the game on pause, you made your point once, and the Mod responded.
As for scum-reasoning as to why you want him replaced, and I am basing this on you being scum, then the idea of having a much stronger player for, much stronger input has a lot of credibility.

Post 93, and after much posting on the "other" game of polygamist, Adel states she has abandoned her usual technique of using multiple BW's in order to catch scum, especially as it was the exact technique used in that said last game.
TBH, A meta on one player is something, but a meta of the actual game??? I do not see the value in that, unless scum have read that thread, used a reverse technique to win in this one, and that you are a very astute townie....
I don’t see 2 games as ever going the same way twice, why do you?
And with the lynch of a townie that wanted to massclaim in D1, your claim that this game would pan out exactly the same was disproven. But, if your scum, then pointing to the other game, using a reverse technique based as being town, would look good, and cover a D1 town mislynch.

Post 100, and Adel in response to her partner posting a quote of her 93, states she "forgot about it"....
For someone who is so scientifically collecting data to out scum, you miss a lot... there was also the posts from other players, including myself, who posted their thoughts on who was townlike you missed...
I don’t buy it.. After this, you try to knock back the accusations that you conveniently forgot about your 100, but the fact remains, you did actually follow through on it by hammering Gimbo.

Top Scum Choice >> ADEL/SPYREX
Buddies >> CHELSEAFAN/CHENHSI

The interactions between this pairing throughout the thread leads me to believe that they are the scum group.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #44) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Firestarter »

I take it Im next..

Ill parrot from my earlier post for clarification...

Adel/Spyrex. Partners with Chelseafan/Chenhsi

At this point, I feel these are the 4 polygamists.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #45) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Firestarter »

Until the cavalry arrive, we will not have anything in the way of a scum list from Adel.

Which seems like an eternity to wait for....

I understand that this is no fault of Adels, but it is stalling this game, along with lurky wasters...
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

Apologies for not being present lately, Ive had alot of work in RL to contend with, will hope to get back on track in 48 hours.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:this is bringing to light how much of a back seat nameless and firestarter have taken during this day.
???

I cant answer for Nameless...
But there has been posts made, and apart from being extremely busy in the RL, Im waiting for your results Adel...

Ill base whatever action I have next on that, as well as whats been posted of late.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (isolation #48) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:and apart from being extremely busy in the RL,
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (isolation #49) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Firestarter »

EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time, I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in.

Also, I was hoping the list would well be concluded by now.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #50) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Firestarter »

I think you'll find that 16 of those posts were in the last 3 days, the vast majority of them in the last 2, when I apologised to players in all the games I was in of my inability to post anything worthwhile.

When I can get on, I will post, but this game, as Ive clearly stated above.... is needing of more than just a one liner, here & there.
"EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time, I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in."

Take off your paranoid hat.... and open your eyes please.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (isolation #51) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Firestarter »

In those last 25 posts, I dont think Ive contributed more than 4 lines in them...
I could be wrong however.
Feel free to correct me.

BTW, what point, if any, are you trying to assertain here?
This is the same in every game Im in.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #52) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Not just this game ;)

You could be correct in saying that Ive contributed more than 4 lines in a few posts.. whats your point?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #53) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Soooo... your building a case on me here because of what, exactly?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #54) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time,
I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in.
Ok... your twisting everything I write here, out of proportion..

I suggest you read the bolded part of my post above, and bear in mind that I was far from being active in any game Im in over the last 5/6 days.

3rd August >> 2 posts
4th August >> 12 posts
5th August >> 5 posts
6th August >> 1 post
7th August >> 0 posts
8th August >> 4 posts (All were apologies in each game I was in)
9th August >> 4 posts
10th August >> 15 posts

Where do you consider me to be active and not active?

Between the 5th Aug and the 9th, Ive averaged a whopping >3 posts a day, most of them came from work, where I am generally unable to post from. You are not to know this, but seeing as you are relentless in trying to state Im lying here, you need to be informed.

Most of those posts, if not all, are a few short lines.
Ive put effort into 1 game since Im back fully active, and that was the first game I read when I logged in.
I didnt have the time nor energy to put the same amount in in the other 3, not until you came up with me "coasting it" in this thread.

Now.. I am not coasting it here, nor in other games..... and I did not remain active in others while ignoring this...

That, Adel, is bullshit...

Vote: Adel
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (isolation #55) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:31 am

Post by Firestarter »

Why were you lurking in this game?
Why wasn't this game important enough for you to make one of your longer posts in it?
Why do you have the time to make an effort defending yourself here, but not enough time to make a content-full post that may help the town?

Im not lurking
I was onlineat the same time you were. I had no intention of making as many posts as happened, by the time I posted my last post, it was 2.30am where I was.
Again, I was online when you were, the posts came quick & fast, and tbh, you bothered me enough for me to stay awake and post what I posted.

@ Nameless.
I wasn't over reacting in my posts, if it came off looking like that, then fair enough. It was rather frustrating.
But Adel is attacking me for a reason that can be applied to alot of players in this game, be it in this day, or the day before.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”