Netrunner Introduction Tournament (v2)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

/in ig
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Idk why you're saying the barrier to entry as low as ever jinteki.net is pretty old and the carpool is really big now
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 7, MTD wrote:Yea might be a line i should have changed. To be fair it isnt like it is false either, though, it just hasn't really changed from 3 years ago. The cardpool for Standard is not really bigger now tgan it was then because of rotation.
Yes, you said "ever", not "3 years ago". I'd rather easily and quickly believe that it could be the best time to get into the game in the last couple of years. But if you go back to when the game was released and had just a few expansions that was the best time to try ever ever ever, because there were fewer cards to learn. And your mimicking a similar environment with the ruleset, which is neat.
In post 0, MTD wrote: This means that for each of your decks, most of the cards will come from the Core set and a single Big Box.
Creation and Control was so early in the game's history that the publishers needed to cram the big box's runner neutral slots with very powerful cards that were not really specific to Shapers (in fact, Dirty Laundry is the least shapery card ever and Same Old Thing intersects Anarch and Criminal themes). When I started out in the game people made sure to point this out to me. Your statement is technically correct but I worry it's misleading in a bad way, it could be easy to look at the neutrals in the other boxes and see how they are niche and perhaps mostly beneficial to the Big Box's faction, but C&C's neutrals (and to some extent the offcolor splashes available) are kind of like "lost core set cards" and newbies will have funner decks if they pay attention to this, Daily Casts decks will be much funner to play than decks that run poor.

I hope at least 1 person wants to try to learn Netrunner. It's a crazy cool game, and even if you didn't like it its unique gameplay makes for a neat thought exercise to learn it for the first time.
The way panth inn'ed I presume he's already familiar with the game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ah, that story makes sense. Yes, jinteki.net was a great change for playing the game. Even if you choose to buy a physical collection complementing that with some digital jinteki is very helpful and makes the game easier to pick up.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

MTD maybe advertise with a post in the MtG thread?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

Scorched Earth isn't in the core set anymore is this real life
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:53 am

Post by popsofctown »

Global Food Initiative helps with the problem Jackson Howard originally solved, even if it's not as dramatic as he is.

If you really prefer to stay old school and play with the ability to remove agendas from HQ without installing them, Shannon Claire is in Data & Destiny. She's not so efficient that people generally play with her constructed but I've played with the card some and I think she's
almost
good enough that people would, in the ruleset that allows everything.

You definitely can't flatline with meat damage in this ruleset but you could probably make a good net damage flatline deck.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

If your favorite part is the flatline, Contract Killer is in the new core set even though he's originally from boosters. He costs 4 influence so you'd have to play Weyland and pay influence for Snares and net damage Ice, I think.
If you like the entire guesswork package though there's definitely nothing like it in this ruleset.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

Sync and the sync-themed cards from Data and Destiny are incredibly powerful for a "core set experience" environment. It's a pretty different style from traditional NBN bs though, it doesn't flatline or fast advance, sync is actually incentivized to play glacier.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #9) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

Caprice is not legal, Ash is as close as it gets to Caprice.
Argus doesn't actually work as a flatline ID because you can choose to take a tag instead of taking the meat damage, and this card pool doesn't actually let you deal very much meat damage to a player as a punishment for floating tags. Traffic accident at 2 damage for floating 2 tags is all there is. You might as well play one of the Weyland IDs that give you credits to make sure you win the Punitive Counterstrike trace or try to have so many credits you can Punitive Counterstrike twice. I think a Punitive Counterstrike deck could work but you don't want Argus.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think we're applying MWL to this tournament, but the way it works is that you pick one restricted card from the list, and your deck can have 1-3 copies of that card, and can't have any copies of any other restricted card.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Anyone else playing matches?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

RIPPPPPP
"Well, I..."

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”