Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1645 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

nth Plotinus for Kitten Caboodle
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2174 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 2171, gobbledygook wrote:She’s the only player on the site that still reliably wins as scum anymore.
The thing is that "excellent scum record" is not a distinguishing feature in and of itself. It may be an exceptional quality in someone in a given generation, but there's usually at least one of those players in each mafiascum.net generation. Having a title strictly for being good at playing scum doesn't make those users stand out from the other top-tier scum players of mafiascum.net history unless there is another well-known defining characteristic. That may be why you are getting push-back on this title specifically.

In my time, the user best known for phenomenal scum play was Sotty7. She was known for being reliably good at scum, but the game that gave her notoriety was one where she played against her husband, who was town, while they were in the same house. Despite living together, she managed to completely fool him, and he did not find out that she was scum until he died in that game. Even then, her title, "That Damn Good", incorporates this level of excellence and her renowned love of wrestling.

If you want to nominate skitter90 for a title to commemorate great play, then that's a perfectly valid criterion; you just need to find something snazzy that captures something unique about skitter90, too.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2179 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2178, gobbledygook wrote:I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make here. I agree that a title should be excellent scum record + personalization. I suggested the title to start discussion about skitter.
To be clear, I am not saying that skitter30 should not be getting a title. The point I am making is that the reason you gave for "Ms Mafia" as quite generic. About every 2-3 years, we get someone who is extremely and reliably good at playing scum and not all of them get titles. RadiantCowbells had a reputation for a high scum win rate, if I remember correctly, and he still doesn't have a title despite winning the Don Corleone Award five years ago. What is it that distinguishes skitter30 from Flavor Leaf or RadiantCowbells or MagnaofIllusion or Alisae or Katsuki or zMuffinMan or Sotty7 or Talitha . . . I can basically go on and on with people who have stellar scum reputations.

Edit: I probably should step out of this discussion. My intention was to explain what the push-back was, not to be involved in deciding whether or not skitter30 deserves a title.
Last edited by Equinox on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #2181 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 2180, northsidegal wrote:for the record rc got a title but chose to have the paragon tagline
Oh, he did! I thought it was odd that he didn't. Good to know.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #3313 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Equinox »

Nominate Untrod Tripod for His Name Was

There once was an Admiral of the Ocean Seas who simultaneously did his job and did not do his job, requiring an otterly busy administrator to kick him back into gear. Untrod Tripod his name was.

I will not be answering any further questions at this time.

Return to “Player Titles”