OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

for all the drama of baton pass it was a very fun game that had strong play and no setup crutches
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

As long as GOTY gets 5 games I’ll be happy.
Last edited by Alisae on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 674, Alisae wrote:I’m just going to say this right now
We desperately need GOTY noms
i have one, still working (procrastinating) on the writeup
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

Please don’t let GOTY be a dissapointment 2 years in a row
GTKAS
| here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Ali vs Pine
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Dannflor »

apologies if I missed this in the main post, but are nominations open until January 1st?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Alisae »

Yeah that’s the cut off
GTKAS
| here.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 678, Alisae wrote:Please don’t let GOTY be a dissapointment 2 years in a row
How was last year's a disappointment?
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

We had 3 noms and it kinda sucked
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

Like maybe 2018 was just a shit year for GOTY (no fault to Brass’ game) but as someone who voted, it really seemed like there were a lack of nominations in that category.
I really don’t think anything that was nommed really defined that year.
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I noticed a lot of people referring to Starry Night over and over again later in the year like it had become prominent in consciousness or something
I wasn't in gay dance or masquerade to know if they became even bigger
I can't really be the person to nom that game though I am maximum salt wounded
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I can muster up a couple GOTY’s.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Sorry about starry night lol I didn't know that you were supposed to play predance
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

also regarding me not wanting to be nommed for Don Corleone, I've already won the award
I don't think just because it stopped being 2015 I stopped being a Don Corleone and that I need to be awarded it again for validation
If I win the award this year, and then I have another 11/0 or whatever year again next year should I win the award again next year?

like... I don't see the point. in terms of showing newbies how it's done as scum and giving a standard to aspire to I do that without an award. someone else should get it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yes
RC gets Don Corleone every year
that's the universe I want to live in
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Don't ask how many paragons you don't wanna know
"Well, I..."
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Paragon
12/19/19 bitmap RadiantCowbells Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick
Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow
Before I get into the game, I need to talk about RC and his "character". When you think of typical Paragon players, you imagine those charismatic scum hunters who are able to charm the rest of town into lynching scum. And sure, RC a few years ago might have started out like that. But no, that's not RC or at least where he is now.

When you first play against RC as scum, you assume he's just another player and your scum pt is more focused around how you'll play around town. A few pages in you and your whole scum team gets caught but you shrug it off thinking nothing will come out of it. Well, you're wrong. RC then grabs town and forcibly tells them how to vote causing town to just lynch scum after scum until they're all gone.

For the more experienced scum players who have to deal with town RC, they don't really talk about how to manipulate town. They talk about how the hell do we get RC out of this game and fast.

In Magical Girls U Pick, RC had all the scum correctly pegged on Day 1.

In Magia Record, RC nailed all the scum players within Day 1 and 2. It was pretty brutal and he forced all of town and managed to get them to sheep him.

RC isn't your typical Paragon player but he is definitely a Paragon tier player. He doesn't serenade town, he dictates the lynches. And he has amazing accuracy doing so. His white seal butt asserts dominance in every mafia game. He's probably the most deserving of Paragon this year.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:22 am

Post by the worst »

nth rc paragon

quality write-up; good way to word that feeling
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 692, the worst wrote:
nth rc paragon

quality write-up; good way to word that feeling
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Alisae »

nom doesn't count it needs 1 more game
GTKAS
| here.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 694, Alisae wrote:nom doesn't count it needs 1 more game
In post 662, Oversoul wrote:This space for nom
This was going to be an RC Paragon nomination. I will just add an addendum to Bitmap’s nomination to get it to 3 games.

In Baton Pass, RC correctly found all scum on Day 1 and Day 2. The only reason he did not lynch all the scum is because of a trust tell committed by one of the scum members and having his attention diverted by his hydra partner. When RC is alone and has full ability to play how he wants to play, he is devastating to play against as scum. While RC is not without his faults (he is quite an emotional Player), he deserves to be inconsideration for Paragon this year.

In Public Cop, RC found both scum literally within 3 pages of the game starting. I don’t think I have ever played with a person who is that good at catching scum. RC is so good that there have been times when people thought he was cheating because of how accurate he is. His consistency across YEARS let alone the games this year shows he is deserving of a Paragon nomination. It isn’t our fault he can tap into the collective consciousness of the universe and figure out who is scum that way.

In short, ban RC to Ubers.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:28 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 695, Oversoul wrote:
In post 694, Alisae wrote:nom doesn't count it needs 1 more game
In post 662, Oversoul wrote:This space for nom
This was going to be an RC Paragon nomination. I will just add an addendum to Bitmap’s nomination to get it to 3 games.

In Baton Pass, RC correctly found all scum on Day 1 and Day 2. The only reason he did not lynch all the scum is because of a trust tell committed by one of the scum members and having his attention diverted by his hydra partner. When RC is alone and has full ability to play how he wants to play, he is devastating to play against as scum. While RC is not without his faults (he is quite an emotional Player), he deserves to be inconsideration for Paragon this year.

In Public Cop, RC found both scum literally within 3 pages of the game starting. I don’t think I have ever played with a person who is that good at catching scum. RC is so good that there have been times when people thought he was cheating because of how accurate he is. His consistency across YEARS let alone the games this year shows he is deserving of a Paragon nomination. It isn’t our fault he can tap into the collective consciousness of the universe and figure out who is scum that way.

you should submit a RC Paragon nomination we currently don't have any of those
GTKAS
| here.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

Paragon
12/19/19 bitmap RadiantCowbells Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick
Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow
Before I get into the game, I need to talk about RC and his "character". When you think of typical Paragon players, you imagine those charismatic scum hunters who are able to charm the rest of town into lynching scum. And sure, RC a few years ago might have started out like that. But no, that's not RC or at least where he is now.

When you first play against RC as scum, you assume he's just another player and your scum pt is more focused around how you'll play around town. A few pages in you and your whole scum team gets caught but you shrug it off thinking nothing will come out of it. Well, you're wrong. RC then grabs town and forcibly tells them how to vote causing town to just lynch scum after scum until they're all gone.

For the more experienced scum players who have to deal with town RC, they don't really talk about how to manipulate town. They talk about how the hell do we get RC out of this game and fast.

In Magical Girls U Pick, RC had all the scum correctly pegged on Day 1.

In Magia Record, RC nailed all the scum players within Day 1 and 2. It was pretty brutal and he forced all of town and managed to get them to sheep him.

RC isn't your typical Paragon player but he is definitely a Paragon tier player. He doesn't serenade town, he dictates the lynches. And he has amazing accuracy doing so. His white seal butt asserts dominance in every mafia game. He's probably the most deserving of Paragon this year.

year.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

You should link the third game.

RC's start in Magical Girls UPick was mislynch town, vig agreed with one of his reads and vigged scum, put town at L-1 day 2 but clear it because of the claim. I don't know how that is "RC had scum correctly pegged on day 1".

Oh maybe you flip flopped magia record and magical girls?
"Well, I..."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:10 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think he's referring to the fact that I correctly cleared over half of the list at EoD1 based on the Evenstar wagon.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”