Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Confirm. :D
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Alabaska J wrote:
Eldritch Lord wrote:Confirm. :D

Woah, I'm playing with a guy I replaced in a game. Weird feeling.
Yeah, have fun in that game by the way. It's a veritable shitstorm of stupidity.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Random Vote: Snix

:D
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

forbiddanlight wrote:Let's see, maybe it's the fact that even in joke voting, you give a reason, no matter how bullcrappy. Most of his contributions have been "vote" "vote" "awwww" (when he got voted) "Nice one, vote". So, I actually agree with a
vote:Chubbs

(4th doesn't bring him close to lynch, does it?)
Wow, way to jump on Snix.

Pretty sure this is page 3, there's not much you can make in the way of contribution besides voting.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Tying lynches to other players at this point in the game is pretty scummy. On spot, I never understood why any pro-Town player would tie a lynch to another player before the next day--unless of course they were an obvious target for an NK. When you tie a lynch to another player, especially at this point in the game it just makes you look like you're trying to set-up two mislynches or a quick D1 and D2--which are both pretty pro-scum. No one else sees this?
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Roflcopter, you're the same type as DarlaBlueEyes, we are not going to be getting along in this game. That kind of black/white--facts/fiction certainty is what makes hasty mislynches possible. There is no deadline and the only thing we lose by further deliberation is time, which given the fact that we're all playing an online variant of Mafia--we can safely say we have plenty of.

Unvote

I don't think you're scum quite yet, I just think you're town with a dangerous mentality. If you're right often enough, you could be a powerful pro-Town weapon, but if you're wrong then you're going to lead the scum to win pretty quickly without even meaning to. I appreciate your crusader mentality but tone it down a bit and have some patience. If you continue to pursue your "caught scum" that's fine--but post reasoning and allow others to consider it rather than pushing them to vote consistently--we've noted your motives, we've noted your feelings--players will vote when they are ready.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:04 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

roflcopter wrote:
geddingsworth wrote:This would be a good argument, but there's two scum groups. It's easy to see a situation where Chubbs is Ice and joubert is Fire.
joubert is not the only person trying to keep the attention on chubbs. you and alabaska are equally guilty of this. far too many people are investing way to much in keeping chubbs at the forefront.
Catching a JCS reference earns you +25 cool points.

:D

No further comment on the proceedings, still waiting to hear from Joubert--which oddly enough I can only imagine being pronounced JOO-bert and looking a lot like the popular Dilbert comic character.

---

ChubbsMcLubbs (4): Snix, Alabaska J, Geddingsworth, somestrangeflea
Joubert (4): roflcopter, forbiddanlight, orangepenguin, mik5
roflcopter (1): Joubert
armlx (1): Scigatt
No Lynch (1): ChubbsMcLubbs

Not Voting (3): armlx, Eldritch Lord, Sun Tzu
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Alabaska J wrote:
roflcopter wrote:that was an easy one to catch - i played caiaphas in JCS my sophomore year of high school :)
sweet.

I soooooo wish I could one day be as good as the actor who played Judas in the movie…can't think of his name…he died a few years ago too :'(
Carl Anderson, RIP, greatest Judas ever.

I've been pushing my music teacher to do JCS for our musical, but she is an old, worthless bat who refuses to do anything with the slightest bit of class. Okay, that may be a tad harsh. :D
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Vote: Joubert

Come out, come out, wherever you are.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Woah, woah, Mik5. Settle down, Orange, I'd like your impressions in general.

Both Chubbs and Joubert have acted scummy, but lets not tunnelvision here.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

armlx wrote:Something is up with this Joubert wagon.
Obv scum, obv?

Do you sound this baseless in every game? Time for some meta.

---

Joubert (6): roflcopter, forbiddanlight, orangepenguin, mik5, Snix, Eldritch Lord
ChubbsMcLubbs (3): Alabaska J, Geddingsworth, somestrangeflea
roflcopter (1): Joubert
armlx (1): Scigatt
No Lynch (1): ChubbsMcLubbs

Not Voting (2): armlx, Sun Tzu
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Vote: Geddingsworth

I feel the same way Snix does, with far more enthusiasm for this JCS Mafia idea.

ROCK OPERA=\=MUSICAL. :]
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I trust Snix's reasoning, I've mafia'd with him before I even joined this site (more or less). Now, beyond that I don't really have an explanation--however, since we've lynched two Townie's--and both times I was listening to primarily Snix, I think I need to be more skeptical regarding his role in this game.

At any rate, I think a good long look at this game is what I need right now.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Lining me up for agreeing with Snix on the past two days is like lining up suspects for littering--every has done it at least once. Read over the past two days and the pages are littered with /agree posts, lurkers, and hasty-town. Armlx, do not flatter yourself, you made an obvious statement that's being hailed as a brilliant discovery--when those voting for me are hypocrites by the very definition.

This game does need to slow down and provide more content as opposed to quicklynches.

Look at Mik5 and Orangepenguin, together on both days either not voting or voting joubert--they've also rarely addressed each other directly. I could draw up almost the same type of connection between almost everyone in this game as of so far. If no one agreed, such quicklynches would not have happened. [Though the opposite is also extremely bad for Town--indecisive Town are easy to manipulate, etc.]

FoS: Mik5
Lurker-hunting is always a last resort in my book--lurker scum don't change the game much unless they go around tossing votes on bandwagons etc.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

armlx wrote:
This game does need to slow down and provide more content as opposed to quicklynches.
This is funny given you quick hammered one of the people and were the L-1 vote on the other.
It's impossible for people to change their perception on matters regarding the game. Oh wait, that's only if you live in a world of absolutes. Welcome to the real world Armlx, where dynamic situations mean dynamic reasoning.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I was looking at his swap from Chubbs to Ged D2 out of nowhere. I could lynch either of them though at this point, and the level of barning EL has admitted to today makes him look a lot worse then earlier.
Fair enough. I think I'll stick on EL.
This is the kind of following Armlx's case against me is based on. I find direct interactions like these almost too obvious to be scum (but too obv scum to be scum is WIFOM)--so I guess that's not much to make a case on. Still, discussing who to vote and saying "I could go with either one" makes it sound like the case you have against either of us isn't that strong to begin with.

Also, Armlx, its simple--I trusted my intuition and more or less Snix's judgment. Now that I've found either or both are unreliable, I cannot be so quick to jump to conclusions. Do you understand?
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Sweet Mother of Christ. I, Hate, You, So, Much, Cephrir.

---

Eldritch Lord (2): forbiddanlight, orangepenguin
Snix (1): armlx

Not Voting (6): Cephrir, ChubbsMcLubbs, Eldritch Lord, mik5, Scigatt, Snix
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:53 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

mik5 wrote:Much like Snix, I would like to hear Joubert defend himself, but the fact that he still hasn't defended himself does not clear him of his scumminess. By no means is my vote permanent, but I have no reason to take it off Joubert until he actually explains himself.
I agree with Cephrir to a point, this quote especially caught my attention Cephrir. In my first e-Mafia (see Open 74) as scum I posted these kinds of wishy-washy suspicions on players that didn't have much suspicion on them. My presence (as hard as it may be to believe) enhances my rhetoric and makes it easier in real life for me to back off players if Town finds my wishy-washy vote suspicious. Going from RL to e-Mafia I made a similar mistake with my votes as it is harder to back away in this iteration of the game without being noticed.

I believe I owe him a re-read before I make any final decisions/vote.
Cephrir wrote: it seems he's having a love affair with Snix in this game as well.
Cephrir, if you want in on this, I'll talk to Snix. We can make it a love triangle. ;D
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

mik5 wrote:Didn't really find anything that was too suspicious in the last several pages. I did find it odd when Eldritch FOSed me for voicing my suspicions about Sun Tzu. Maximizing the amount of active people in a game is a good way to find scum, so going against that seems odd. It was slightly aggressive, but not overly-scummy. I'm going to read some of the earlier thread, to hopefully find something more useful.
I've combed the game 3 times and can't find the FoS, I believe you and I probably just forgot, but I can't find it for the life of me. Odd.

My short term memory probably isn't as good as it should be.

Also, maximizing active people is good but lurker-hunting is just easy prey for scum on occasion--or they are scum, its all pretty WIFOMy but I still just like to keep an eye on those who do it.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:00 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

*Is Very Wary of Cephrir*

How could you man? I...loved you. /QQ

JK- serious thoughts tomorrow.

---

mik5 (1): Cephrir

Not Voting (5): ChubbsMcLubbs, Eldritch Lord, mik5, Scigatt, Snix
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Still here, this is obnoxious armlx, I agree but there really isn't anything to talk about tbh.

This game just doesn't have any meaning for me since roflcopter got nk'd. I liked him, his JCS idea was awesome.

I think forbiddanlight is the scummiest so far in my mind because for all his claims otherwise, I'm getting kind of a follower impression from him (takes one to know one, amirite?) despite the fact that he's voting for me for following. Not an OMGUS suspicion, I just think its noteworthy compared to pretty much everything else in this game. I think that whatever the case, I'm willing to act scummy just to keep this game moving for the rest of ya, so:

Unvote

Vote: Forbiddanlight

There y'all go. That should give us something to talk about, answering all questions as they come.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Forbiddan, don't care if you're a man or a woman.

I will say him, no girls on the internet, etc.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Well we sure are an impatient town for one with 2 mislynches in the past 2 days. But since you guys got your knickers all bundled up, here it goes. Look, forbiddanlight, I cannot make the cases the same--they are not. Mine is a lack of judgment in trusting Snix (something that has happened before)--where yours is as of yet unexplained. They are not similar, your case is a milder case of mine--and not nearly as suspicious, but I'm certainly not going to vote for myself and no other player really has anything for me to go on.

And logically, if I feel I have nothing else to go on from any other player, and know that I am not scum--then looking for even the mildest hypocrisy becomes a valid option.

Whenever I see a confirm vote, it strikes me as deflecting (HAI ROOK GUISE, I'M VOTIN FER HEM REMEMBER?!)

Okay Mr., lets look at this:
Forbiddanlight wrote:Let's see, maybe it's the fact that even in joke voting, you give a reason, no matter how bullcrappy. Most of his contributions have been "vote" "vote" "awwww" (when he got voted) "Nice one, vote". So, I actually agree with a vote:Chubbs

(4th doesn't bring him close to lynch, does it?)
You quickly drop a vote and throw down a 4th vote on a bandwagon Day 1 Page 3 for not explaining his votes enough. Still, your explanation is pretty weak for a 4th vote, imho. I missed Post Identity 206-I like this post. Still, your Day 2 play is pretty weak, I don't see you making a strong case against anyone and as the day gets more and more serious you indulge in a conversation regarding the greatest rock opera of all time. Perhaps not a scumtell, but it certainly doesn't make you the most helpful town either.

I just don't see how you can criticize me for the first two days of my play when yours are almost just as bad. I feel I'm missing something, I may double-post.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

armlx wrote:
And the geds wagon had reason behind it, most of which was put there by you.
Reasoning to straight up quick lynch him though? I don't think so.
Well, you had every opportunity to remove your vote, why vote if you think a person isn't worthy of being lynched?

In b4 pressure- since saying that defeats the purpose of voting pressure and just makes it easier for scum to quicklynch. I find your build-up and then accusation of Snix just as scummy as Snix's actual vote-flop.

FoS: Armlx & Snix
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Armlx--don't vote unless you're prepared to lynch, that was the point, don't dodge it. Especially if you think that a lynch is possible and you know you're going to be gone for a good period of time. Besides, your "I wasn't there" argument doesn't hold up, you could've been /threadstalking. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Your vote counts toward the final count just like everyone elses'--granted the QLs were a mistake, but they WERE partially your fault--stop dodging that. It seems you're getting more and more defensive--its only one FoS.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Pressure votes can't occur, because the logic behind them is paradoxical. You can vote to put the pressure on, but people know you're voting to put the pressure on, either they will be lynched by scum (if they aren't) or they won't be lynched (if they are)--and don't feel the pressure. The more votes you pile on, the closer you are bringing them to lynch.

Not painting, I can't paint. I prefer to think of myself as drawing you as defensive, I like drawing more than painting.

This game is boring, someone needed to be interesting, and you all fail at that. (Except for you Armlx, you amuse me.)

:]

---

mik5 (1): Cephrir
forbiddanlight (1): Eldritch Lord

Not Voting (4): ChubbsMcLubbs, mik5, Scigatt, Snix
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Obviously they do, since its happened twice in this game.

/facepalming right now? I thought so.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:54 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Ask and I will answer, Snix.

Orangepenguin, admitting you're a hypocrite doesn't help me trust your reasoning. It sounds like backpeddling to cover your own adherence to Standard Psychological Model, which states that people look for themselves in others in order to empathize (and thus implies that if you find something scummy in someone else, and are guilty of it yourself -- and then openly admit that the situations are the same-- it just makes you more scummy in my eyes).

Beyond that I can say that I do line up behind some of Chubb's points against Forbiddan.
Forbiddanlight wrote:Really, it's hard right now to give a good clear who is scummy answer since the first two days flew by (hell, I didn't even get to reread Geddingsworth before the hammer), and second half the players aren't posting. For now, I'd pin EL and OP. If EL does flip scum (which I think he will), I could consider more Snixtastic scrutiny, but don't feel it would lead anywhere. I may change my mind as more people post.
It is hard to get a clear idea of who is scummy when the first two days went by so quickly, and yet with only 15 pages of discussion on Page 3 and no conclusive evidence to go on you are talking about my flip as though I'm already lynched and then go on to set up a link to Snix for the next day despite having said:
Forbiddanlight wrote: I feel Snix is more the victim of being followed by a scummy player

So if you really think this then why should my being scum make him more scummy? I smell somebody setting up a mislynch.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Cephrir wrote:*waits for EL*
It's already been stated, there's no content to post on.

I have nothing to bring to the table that hasn't already been brought. It looks as though I'll be lynched so I hope that my flip will provide my fellow Town with the information they need to get a lynch right.

I'll comb over the thread a couple more times, but I don't think I'll find anything new as I have already done so several times.

Just to re-state, my suspicion lies in Forbiddan and Cephrir (only Cephrir because his playstyle this game has been very similar to one in which he deceived all of Town the entire game).

:\
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

armlx wrote:
Also, not surprised.
I don't believe I understand.

Anyways, activity checks? Is this game dead?
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

orangepenguin wrote:I think a fresh look by fresh eyes would be good.
I agree that we should wait, a fresh look may move Town in the right direction, and maybe even save my ass. XP
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Good point Xtoxm, are we looking at lylo here?

Also, its good to hear a new voice. :]
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I was unaware we were at LyLo, since I have been paying very little attention to this game (who hasn't, look at our sad post history). I'm still looking for something to add a little vigor to it, since it seems like even with new players, nothing new has come up--we're rehashing the same points over and over.

I mean, the past 8 posts have been mostly about Xtoxm's sentence formation, that's how little we have to deal with. /facepalm.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (isolation #33) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Hah, holy crap, I haven't even been on this site in ~a month and I'm still in this game?

Nah, I'm townie.

Looking for Replacement
, education season has brought too many IRL problems to deal with to be playing Mafia. I don't know how I haven't been replaced, I was hit with a lurker stick ~20 days ago that I just read now.

Have fun guys.
-Napoleon I
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #34) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

EBWOP: Oh dear, it appears I've made a massive error by missing a replacement. >.<

I assume full accountability for this error and all penalties associated with it. My sincerest apologies, I had suspected after I posted that I may have overlooked something -- but judged solely by post 625.

I look forward to returning to this forum upon the end of my educational season and hope this error will not reflect negatively upon me or my play style in the future.

Until then,
Eldritch Lord
-Napoleon I

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”