Song Contest 142 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

Have cool song for people
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 am

Post by Aurathebirb »

Rabble around, the christmas tree
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Aurathebirb »

Why do people have different opinions from me

Its annoying
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

(4/10) - Iceland - Billie Eilish - This feels like a Lana del Rey song. I dunno if she has the same singing talent as Lana does though. Feel like this song is lacking vocal power which this type of music needs.

(5.5/10) - Djibouti - Sports Team - Seems like a british version of the Strokes. Catchy song and I guess his voice is good. Not that interesting though. Good mid section.

(5/10) - China - Batushka - Surprisingly mostly okay with this considering its metal. Not sure why that is, it has a lot of the things I don't like about metal. The guitar tone is good I suppose.

(7/10) Germany - Nordic Chamber Choir - This is a pretty beautiful piece. I'm not normally huge on choral music but this definitely caught my attention.

(3/10) - Chad - Blink 182 - I don't like Blink182 and this sure was a song I guess.

(3/10) - Niger - DRAX Project - This is pretty aggresively meh. Although I don't generally like pop music and this is sort of the F.U.N. style of bad pop

(2/10) - USA - Dance Gavin Dance - The one guy looks like Dean from survivor. Not liking it from the start - not a fan of the vocals or the overall sound. Was hoping it would go somewhere interesting and it went somewhere the opposite of interesting. Yeah this is one of those edgy boi bands that likes the scream a lot. Gonna be a hard pass

(7/10) Hungary - Serif Delic - Can't remember what the name of the string instrument is but I do love it. I'm a fan of this. It's a very nice song, love this style of singing, and its got a good melody too.

(5/10) Australia- Youp van't Hek - Not the bunny! I don't really have much to comment on as far as being a song goes. I do enjoy the ending though.

(5/10) Egypt - Jacob Collier - Surprisingly didn't enjoy this all that much? Like the genre should appeal to me, but can't get past the weird vocals. Feels very "Music Theory Youtuber" as well. He is quite cute though.

(6/10) Phillipines - Parokya ni Edgar - It's an okay sound. Could see this in a musical. Not that exciting instrumentally but its catchy and memorable.

(5.5/10) Wales - Paul Kelly - I guess this is a pretty good Christmas song. Tells a good story, has emotion to it. Not really my thing, but it was a good listen.

(2.5/10) Ethiopia - Donald Phan - Oh no this is an anime song isn't it. Oh noooooo... yeah it has the speedy robotic piano playing. Its just so dull though? Not a Phan of this.

(6/10) Afghanistan - Wintergatan - There's something about this production that's a bit too clean. Cause otherwise I like it. It sits at a "decent background music" rating for me. I do like the saw playing a lot.

(6.5/10) Macau - Aivi and Surasshu - This is pleasant. Could definitely recognize that its the composers from Steven Universe without having known that before, they have a great style.

(4/10) Turkey - Trans Siberian Orhcestra - I thought this group was good idk this is just sleepy pachebels cannon

(2/10) Benin - Beanus - okay

(8/10) Japan - Suzuku Airi - Omg its a jpop song thats actually good. Yes this is the good funky stuff. Also aesthetic

(8/10) Poland - The Dead South - Yeah I like this sound a lot. Especially the really deep cello is killing it (it's a cello right?) The good dark country stuff

(1/10) Guyana - Flume - Nah i dont know what genre this is but its a sound I dont like so bleh

(9/10) Sudan - Mingus Big Band - mmm that's some sweet jazz. That low sax riff is everything. Very fun and chaotic stuff. Just continues to be solid for the entire time. Faved
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Aurathebirb »

why people review in weird random order
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie