Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

First?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Well that happened.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:03 pm

While awful, your idea does have a grain of accuracy in it, in that anyone getting lynched should claim their neighbor to prevent scum from doing shenanigans.

Undecided on whether someone whose neighbor was NK'd should claim it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:05 pm

In post 12, Titus wrote:Doc has a crappy chance of blocking a kill anyway.
That's not the point-- the primary strength of the doc is simply being able to be confirmed town through claiming.

The doc can also keep scum from killing the phone operator after they claim, at least for one night.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Forcing scum to kill confirmed town is not exactly a plus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #35 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:21 pm

...There are so many things wrong with that, Elsa.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:25 pm

In post 40, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’ve never hear of an “indecisive” anything before? What does that even mean in this context?
Can't target the same player twice in a row.

Indecisive doctor is common in F2F.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #50 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:30 pm

In post 43, Titus wrote:No scum can be doubled in a hood. We get a conftown. A lot of scenarios get eliminated.
This happens anyway though, if we force whoever we lynch to out their neighbor before they die.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #53 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:30 pm

In post 48, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:What’s “F2F” and I don’t understand why the doc has an “indecisive” modifier.
F2F = face-to-face. Presumably doc is indecisive so the phone operator can't claim D1 and be an unkillable IC.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #61 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:34 pm

In post 60, Pine wrote:The Doc is functionally an IC
I mean, so is the phone operator, so long as they claim before LYLO.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:35 pm

Although I guess you're using IC differently from me. The IC I'm used to is one that can reveal at any time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #70 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:38 pm

In post 68, Pine wrote:The Phone Operator can be fake!counterclaimed, the Doc can’t.
That's why I said before LYLO, so we have the opportunity to lynch both if there is a counterclaim.

There are few situations where a counterclaim would be optimal, especially since the phone operator has the possibility to confirm themself via their results.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #75 (isolation #12) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:41 pm

In post 72, Pine wrote:I think you and I are more or less on the same page, just using different words?
I suppose. That's how about 50% of my conversations go, anyway :P

My point is just that the doc isn't special, it's just vulnerable to being accidentally outed, and so we should do everything in our power to avoid that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #85 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:03 pm

In post 81, Krazy wrote:but when does town ever play optimally, ss? :P
I'll keep leading the horses to water. Sooner or later one of them is bound to take a drink.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #86 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:04 pm

In post 82, Pine wrote:I feel like we should stop any voting and claiming and whatnot and actually discuss this setup. It might be semi-breakable.
Probably not. Did you have anything in mind?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #88 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:05 pm

Also, Jingle would like you to know that this setup is definitely not breakable because if it were then he would be playing in it instead of me. :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #89 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:06 pm

I have three voices in my head. Can't guarantee that any of them are of reason :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #111 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Jingle tells me Pine and Titus are town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #120 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:07 pm

In post 117, Elsa Jay wrote:Math... Hasn't commented in this game yet, but you claimed partners with Hectic.
Mathblade, not Mathdino.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #124 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:11 pm

Elsa townsl-

Dammit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #152 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:51 pm

In post 139, Micc wrote:
Amrun has replaced Mathdino on You Over A Disproportionately Small Gap.
Nuu :(

But at least we got an Amrun out of it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #157 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:56 pm

I just like neighborhoods for gambiting and reaction testing ngl. Having a place where you can document what you're really thinking while you say something else is very useful.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #162 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:00 pm

I find I tend to get ignored when I do that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #168 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:11 pm

I very much doubt that anyone could misrepresent me and get away with it :P

Besides, that's not really what I meant-- it's generally on a smaller scale. As in, I would predict that someone would react such-and-such a way as town or scum, note that prediction in the hood, and then if I later come out and say as much I can back up the veracity of it if need be. Plus my neighbor can weigh in on whether they agree or disagree, and I can read them off of that as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #169 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:13 pm

In post 167, popsofctown wrote:S_S is actually one of the more transparent players as town.
I generally try to be, yes.

But when I have a chance to be intentionally cryptic I'll usually take it :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #171 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm

I haven't claimed to have or not have a neighbor. That post was purely hypothetical.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #204 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:29 am

In post 201, Amrun wrote:Massclaiming leaves us with dr vs mafia roleblocker, and phone operator.
What?

There isn't even a mafia roleblocker in this setup.

Massclaiming leaves the doctor outed and provides no further benefit.

Although I do think that, between them knowing their neighbors aren't doctor and the rolecop and people accidentally (or intentionally) giving away information, they'll know who the doctor is by D3 at the latest. So maybe we should mass neighbor claim on like D2.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #205 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:30 am

If the doctor dies before massclaim it makes Titus/Hectic pair more likely T/T.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #206 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:55 am

In post 192, Pine wrote:Calling it. [Krazy, nancy, one other]
._.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #209 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:59 am

In post 207, Amrun wrote:Titus is still town though.
Yeah, I think I agree with you here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #218 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:05 am

I'm so concerned right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #256 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:00 pm

I don't think scum-bob would have any difficulty making that post?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #263 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:33 pm

In post 260, bob3141 wrote:once hammer is announced every player should posts if they are that players neighbour. and i mean every player

before any hammer.
Well I mean or that player can claim their neighbor and the neighbor can just confirm it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #338 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:33 pm

In post 326, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:It would be antitown for me to reveal my reasons.
._.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #339 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 pm

In post 330, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:The fact that DDL is trying to drive an extremely likely mislynch on Elsa is pinging my scumdar off the charts.
Townies have bad reads sometimes...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #340 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:35 pm

In post 337, Krazy wrote:192 just seems like attacking a townblock
Is that bad?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #348 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:42 pm

In post 343, Krazy wrote:If Pine is town I'm sure he can do better with encouragement :3
It's a bit early to be saying stuff like this, no? Some people have barely posted at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #351 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:46 pm

In post 349, Krazy wrote:Do you think Pine is town?
Probably > rand town. Jingle thinks he's town too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #361 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:00 pm

In post 354, Krazy wrote:Is that a recent read from Jingle or still based on RVS/pre-111?
It's the same one from a while ago, although he commented on my game recently and didn't reverse it so he probably still thinks so.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #393 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:38 pm

In post 389, Titus wrote:I'm doing it because I want to see what happens.
Well, congratulations, you saw what happened.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #397 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:39 pm

In post 390, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’m starting to doubt my Titus tr, she’s way to smart to allow Math to direct her.
I thought Titus made it very clear that she wasn't sheeping Math.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #400 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:40 pm

In post 395, OkaPoka wrote:ss ur so quippy this game
That's my town style, remember perfect masqurade? :P

I was nervous as hell in baton pass lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #403 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:42 pm

In post 398, Titus wrote:@SS, See Civilization mafia. Math won't flip any opinion of mine.
No, I'm in agreement with you. You explained clearly that Math didn't change your opinion, but rather you decided to hear him out and see what happens without committing to anything.

Nancy is the one who seems to be misunderstanding.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #411 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:47 pm

In post 407, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:And if you were actually using your brain here, I would also be in this list. I had better stop or I may say something to harm our friendship. :/
Nancy please.

We're 24 hours into the game. Expecting people to townread you instantly is unrealistic, and you know it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #421 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:57 pm

You should both stop riling each other up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #425 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:01 pm

In post 424, OkaPoka wrote:SS want to drop your vote on krazy with me ?
For what purpose?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #427 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:04 pm

It's a lil bit early for that, no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #435 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:09 pm

If I say anything stupid, it's FL's fault.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #438 (isolation #48) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:10 pm

In post 429, OkaPoka wrote:okay but the other option is you listen to nancy vs titus

or more rehashing of why massclaiming is bad d1
I mean you're welcome to engage me and/or others with your case on Krazy.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #439 (isolation #49) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 pm

In post 437, Krazy wrote:Alright this can happen too if you're just going to be obnoxious
:/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #443 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:15 pm

In post 442, OkaPoka wrote:weird attempts at interacting with someone that avoids finding scum
What exactly do you mean by this? He's interacting without scumhunting?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #445 (isolation #51) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:17 pm

What makes you think finding scum isn't his purpose, just because he doesn't seem to be succeeding at it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #448 (isolation #52) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:23 pm

I don't know, I think that's fairly consistent with a townie having trouble getting into the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #449 (isolation #53) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Did he say it was too early to do anything?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #454 (isolation #54) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:28 pm

I mean that post actually WAS early...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #455 (isolation #55) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Oh hi Eddie.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #466 (isolation #56) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:35 pm

In post 464, OkaPoka wrote:ss ur not even voting anyone just give me your vote
With the stated purpose of pushing through a lynch already? No thanks.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #470 (isolation #57) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:38 pm

In post 468, OkaPoka wrote:ok well what do you want to do in the meantime
Exactly what I am doing. ;)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #474 (isolation #58) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:42 pm

In post 469, Eddie Cane wrote:Hi friend. How are you?
Great! :)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #475 (isolation #59) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:42 pm

In post 473, popsofctown wrote:Oka's case seems like the last one is expect him to give the Socratic treatment
How do you figure?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #477 (isolation #60) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:43 pm

In post 471, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I should probably try to link Coalition for you. Krazy acted super scummy in that but was town, so for him - actually being scummy is lurking and coasting. If he’s pushing anything no matter how bad, it’s usually more likely to be town indicative. So I still think he’s town.
I don't trust myself to form good meta reads based off of games I wasn't in, but that seems pretty consistent with his scum play in Alisae v Pine, as well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #478 (isolation #61) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:44 pm

In post 476, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If he starts talking about his playstyle a lot, I’ll get worried.
But it's my playstyle to talk about my... wait a minute. :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #506 (isolation #62) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:01 am

In post 503, NaCl wrote:I would have expected something more substantial rather than skirting around.
:lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #507 (isolation #63) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:03 am

Funny though it was that Eddie vote was garbage.

"I know he's on vacation but he should be contributing anyway" like how do you know how much time he has for mafia right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #510 (isolation #64) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:32 am

I mean having enough time to post and having enough time to read and then post are two different things and you seem to be conflating them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #512 (isolation #65) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:39 am

But is posting for the sake of posting scummy?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #514 (isolation #66) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:48 am

In post 513, NaCl wrote:Do you believe that he hasn't been reading the thread beyond what is immediately there? Or is that just a hypothetical?
I mean, it's the natural assumption to make when he's barely posting and his posts only interact with stuff immediately before them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing out a few short posts while on vacation.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #525 (isolation #67) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:47 am

In post 522, bob3141 wrote:From its chronology I can only assuem you were responding to nan posts. Where she questiosn hectic vote.
That post was in response to , sorry if that wasn't clear.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #528 (isolation #68) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:03 am

In post 526, bob3141 wrote:If you had to pick some to vote as they are teh player you think is most likely scum. Who woudl it be?
I don't think this question is helpful, because I don't have anyone I think is significantly more likely to be scum than random.

If I were to pick a scumread or a vote based off of very little things, that will have the effect of amplifying the read, probably causing people to believe it's stronger than it is and ask me to explain it and then be confused when my reasons aren't strong, and it may cause me to confbias on it.

Whereas, there's no benefit from doing so. I can be read just fine (in fact, probably better) without it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #529 (isolation #69) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 am

In post 527, bob3141 wrote:But what was its purpose.
To share my opinion that I thought you could make that post as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #530 (isolation #70) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:04 am

In post 527, bob3141 wrote:Its not like there was even attempt by you to try to discern if it was town me or scum me. But you just dismiss it.
Of course not, my point was that it can't be discerned from that post, because you'd be able to make it as either alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #533 (isolation #71) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:11 am

No, I'm saying I don't think I can be read better if I vote early on.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #535 (isolation #72) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:13 am

I'm being pressured? That's news to me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #537 (isolation #73) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:17 am

Questioned, I guess.

What don't you like about it?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (isolation #74) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:21 am

In post 538, bob3141 wrote:I don't see a townie mindset there. As it stands.
You don't see a townie mindset in trying to prevent people from having spurious reads?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #541 (isolation #75) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:25 am

In post 539, popsofctown wrote:529 is obtuse and righteous. I think this particular game I discussed how I scumread righteousness?
I don't think you did, and I also don't even know what you mean by "righteous" because that just means "morally good." If you mean "self-righteous" (aka "self-assured") I also don't understand how you got that from my post or why you think it's scummy.

The post is somewhat obtuse yes, but the question it's answering is also obtuse. He's assuming there was some ulterior motive to it besides from sharing my opinion, which there was not.
Separately ou're answering Bob in ways that will look best to the rest of the thread rather than the ways that will persuade him and that seems survivalistic to me
I'm answering him in ways that are true. I don't know why you'd think that town-me would do anything differently.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #547 (isolation #76) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 am

In post 543, bob3141 wrote:Let me ask you do you think i am scum or town in those posts.

You must have seen something you thought was scum indictive. Or townie would of made such a posts.

A townie would then say instead. hey look here and here this could mean he is infact scum.

In fact you have not once said how that could me being scum. If you were genuine i woudl have thought you would have atleast tried. Instead you just dismiss it even though you cant see anything scum indicative
I don't think you're town or scum from that post. I think those posts are NAI. I said this already.

Not every post can be read into. Just because I read that post with the intent to find clues to your alignment doesn't mean that I did find any, because I don't think there were any, and I was focused on engaging Nancy who clearly disagreed with me on that front.

You have a very narrow-minded conception of how townies play.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #548 (isolation #77) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 am

In post 545, popsofctown wrote:I mean caring about being right and being recognized as being right and in the right.
I mean...

I care about being right about the interpretation of my own posts. It's my responsibility to make sure I'm understood correctly, and to explain myself better if I am not.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #550 (isolation #78) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:43 am

In post 545, popsofctown wrote:I think it's surprising past what should be plausible that you don't see why Bob has this scumread
I can totally see why he has it, and I just said as much. He's narrow-minded. It's not the first time I've played with someone like that.

What's weird is that this isn't the first time bob has played with me. But he was scum the other time, so if anything this reaction is town indicative for him (since he's now actually having to sort me).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #563 (isolation #79) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Auro o/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #571 (isolation #80) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:10 am

In post 570, Titus wrote:I kinda see a pops and bob team.
I doubt that, I don't think pops would jump on me while bob was still questioning me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #593 (isolation #81) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:59 pm

In post 592, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I can only think of two possible reasons for this. One makes him locktown, the other scum.
...You don't think it's possible that he just didn't find it important?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #595 (isolation #82) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:13 pm

I mean, some people don't care about or like talking about mechanics.

Just because you personally wouldn't think that doesn't mean that nobody could.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #600 (isolation #83) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:40 pm

In post 597, Amrun wrote:I literally have never read a post of Hectic’s, ever, that I don’t find to be scummy.
I thought Hectic was towny in Crown on the Ground (where he was town).

I don't think he's towny here, but I also think he intentionally decided to troll this game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #602 (isolation #84) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:44 pm

Are you just mocking me or are you actually policy scumreading him?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #604 (isolation #85) » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:47 pm

Okay, thanks.

I don't think he's posted enough serious content to be readable yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #626 (isolation #86) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:25 am

In post 619, popsofctown wrote:Iirc S_S found the crumb before his first realpost, if I recall incorrectly he found it before Hectic was conftown to everyone at the end of day 1. I don't see why S_S didn't disclose that.
I actually never saw that crumb until Hectic pointed it out. :oops:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #627 (isolation #87) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:27 am

In post 615, Pine wrote:Yeah, Hectic is definitely the lynch today. Gut feeling, he's trying to draw out the real Doc.
This is an extremely shallow read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #628 (isolation #88) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:29 am

In post 619, popsofctown wrote:pisskop seems really earnest in his approach to the game this game, I really think he's town. I'm not sure how to explain it, it's kind of a tone thing?
I felt this too with pisskop's entrance, btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #629 (isolation #89) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:31 am

In post 623, Hectic wrote:@Pine: How am I drawing out a doctor claim when it's been confirmed that I'm a neighbour?
Right. That too.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #656 (isolation #90) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:34 am

In post 654, Hectic wrote:-Note: The Phone Operator is also an IC when they reveal, since they can confirm they have access to all neighbourhoods by referencing specific things from each of them.
-I picked this setup because it sounded like the most fun one.
> "I picked this setup because it sounded the most fun"
> Immediately gets an important part of the setup completely wrong
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #672 (isolation #91) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:46 am

Gee, tell the person you want to sort something that might help you sort them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #676 (isolation #92) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:51 am

Titus.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #727 (isolation #93) » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:42 am

In post 678, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I know at least one person who won’t be getting a paragon nom next year. Did you guess you? And you will always be the very LAST person on this site, I will ever be accepting criticisms wrt to my behaviour. :]
Can we not
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #859 (isolation #94) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:20 am

Na = sodium, Cl = chlorine, NaCl = sodium chloride = table salt.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #862 (isolation #95) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:22 am

In post 832, OkaPoka wrote:in fact I've never been called annoying while playing scum lol
Interesting.

Do you try to tell people what they want to hear?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #864 (isolation #96) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:23 am

The way DDL is playing doesn't strike me as a way most people would play as scum, but it also isn't how I've seen him play as town in the past.

To anyone with meta, has he played ultra-passive and sheepy like this as scum before?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #868 (isolation #97) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:27 am

...You don't remember anything Hectic has posted?

Wow, you must really not be following.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #870 (isolation #98) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:28 am

You were pretty towny in Undertale Semiopen, and I don't recall you sheeping anyone there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #875 (isolation #99) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 am

In post 872, DrDolittle wrote:I don't remember that being the case. I recall my activity was sparse and I talked a lot about mechanics
I mean I'm not talking about activity or mechanics discussion here, just the fact that you're doing a lot of sheeping relative to forming your own reads, whereas you mostly had your own opinions there.

To be clear I don't think anything is wrong with sheeping but it's a departure from what I've seen of you, which has only been town. Hence the concern.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #879 (isolation #100) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:47 am

._.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #886 (isolation #101) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:57 am

In post 881, Eddie Cane wrote:Hi SS. I want a reads list please. Are your teammates following?
Jingle followed a little bit earlier, the others not really yet.

I could ask their opinions if you'd like, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #889 (isolation #102) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:00 am

{Nancy, bob}
{pisskop, Titus, Hectic, Oka}
{Pine}
{Eddie, Elsa, Amrun, NaCl, Krazy} - null
{pops, DDL}
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #911 (isolation #103) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:15 am

In post 892, Pine wrote:Town to scum or scum to town?

Labels, people, ffs
I want to say maybe once in my life I've seen a readlist listed scum to town, and it was clearly labeled as such.

Town is at the top. Town is always at the top.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #924 (isolation #104) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:22 am

In post 921, popsofctown wrote:I would add S_S to that list particularly since he just posted.
What do you want me to say?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #930 (isolation #105) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:25 am

Okay... I still don't know what kind of comment you are actually looking for though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1000 (isolation #106) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1025 (isolation #107) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:55 pm

In post 1017, OkaPoka wrote:
REAL L1
Why are we here already.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1027 (isolation #108) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:01 pm

But it doesn't really seem like a good idea to policy lynch someone in one third of the allotted time.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1031 (isolation #109) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:05 pm

In post 1028, pisskop wrote:im not pling them
If so, you seem to be in the minority.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1036 (isolation #110) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:07 pm

Can we talk about that hammer attempt?

Is that bored-town-Elsa or lol-maybe-I-can-get-away-with-hammering-as-scum-Elsa?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1038 (isolation #111) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:08 pm

In post 1033, OkaPoka wrote:i mean advocate for an alternative lynch s_s otherwise we are wasting our time here
Right, because 100% of time in a mafia game is spent convincing people to lynch who you want to lynch.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1039 (isolation #112) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:09 pm

In post 1035, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Your comment on the wagon happening quickly makes sense but how is Hectic a policy lynch?
Given that he's trolled a lot and nobody's stated any reasons for actually thinking he's scum, it's a pretty reasonable assumption.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1042 (isolation #113) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:10 pm

Aside from the doc crumb thing which was clearly bullshit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1045 (isolation #114) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:11 pm

In post 1040, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I remember town!Kokichi saying things like, “can I hammer my tr now?”
Yeah, it's clearly a player-dependent thing. I don't recall any Elsa-hammers off the top of my head so I don't know if this is a thing he likes to do as town or as scum (or both).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1049 (isolation #115) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:17 pm

In post 1046, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I have. I don’t think you really understand the actual meaning of a policy lynch. Just because you disagree with the reasons, doesn’t make it a pl.
Right, you had some stuff about his non-reaction to Titus outing the hood, and him seeming disconnected.

I do know what a policy lynch is. I was somewhat sarcastically assuming that people who hadn't given reasons simply wanted him dead because he was annoying, which was an intentional exaggeration. I wanted to spark some actual discussion about people's reasons.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1050 (isolation #116) » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:19 pm

In post 1049, Something_Smart wrote:I wanted to spark some actual discussion about people's reasons.
And it seemed like it worked, so yay.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1082 (isolation #117) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:04 am

In post 1070, Hectic wrote:The attempted hammer is NAI because he admitted to it when it wasn't obvious he actually thought that would be a hammer
This is a good point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1083 (isolation #118) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:07 am

In post 1081, Pine wrote:You’re throwing up scumreads on controversial people who aren’t going to change their minds on you and trying to appeal to those who might be swayed.
That post didn't try to appeal to any specific player.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1089 (isolation #119) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:17 am

See, here's the problem.

Now I feel like Hectic is under enough pressure that his posts are going to be nervous and forced, regardless of his alignment. I agree that the readlist looked forced, I don't agree that it looked political, and I think it's definitely something a townie of Hectic's experience level might produce under serious pressure. (Terseness is actually a towntell there.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1098 (isolation #120) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:33 am

In post 1095, pisskop wrote:The time to 'read as genuine' is when he isn't the focal point.
And this is why wagoning him chronologically early, regardless of the number of pages in the game, is bad.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1101 (isolation #121) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:38 am

But you were also the one who said that the wagon was justified based on the game length.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1102 (isolation #122) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:38 am

In post 1100, pisskop wrote:This eg wagon is providing a plethora of information
Like what?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1125 (isolation #123) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:39 am

In post 1122, Pine wrote:He’s competent enough that I don’t accept memeing in TM2020 from him.
I don't follow the logic here. Is memeing and providing content worse than just providing content?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1135 (isolation #124) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:48 am

In post 1127, Pine wrote:He’s not providing content.
So that's your real issue, and memeing has nothing to do with it.

Why did you mention memeing as though you thought it was a problem?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1142 (isolation #125) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:52 am

In post 1126, Pine wrote:Site meta has gotten to the point where scum can pretty easily get away with being transparent for exactly that reason.
Occasionally, yes. If they did it too much, the meta would shift back.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1147 (isolation #126) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:56 am

In post 1144, popsofctown wrote:Could you explain the meta feature you two are chatting about, this went over my head
He's talking about the possibility of a Krazy/NaCl/Hectic team wagoning Oka to save Hectic. Which is something that would be super obvious, except that site meta might let them get away with it because "they wouldn't be so obvious."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1162 (isolation #127) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:27 am

In post 1160, popsofctown wrote:my being offwagon wasn't enough to keep her from disliking Hecticwagon's "comp".
._.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1181 (isolation #128) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:36 am

In post 1167, Pine wrote:Stop being reductive. I can have more than one issue with him
So what is your issue with the memeing, then?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1183 (isolation #129) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:37 am

In post 1169, Pine wrote:And memeing IS a problem. It’s counterproductive as Town and often used as cover for low content by scum
The second point is just complaining about the content again.

As for the first, how is it counterproductive?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1196 (isolation #130) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:03 am

In post 1195, Amrun wrote:Quite on the contrary, if I was scum I would have carefully reread that before posting.
._.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1248 (isolation #131) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:02 am

Nice, NaCl is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1286 (isolation #132) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:06 am

What exactly do you want me to say? Stop outing hoods?

There really isn't much to this setup besides "claim when your neighbor dies and not before."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1288 (isolation #133) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:07 am

I mean I'm way more nervous as scum so maybe that's part of it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1298 (isolation #134) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:26 am

In post 1291, Hectic wrote:Are you nervous right now?
...no?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1299 (isolation #135) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:27 am

In post 1292, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I seriously doubt scum!SS hard defends town!Hectic.
I disagree with that, btw.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1307 (isolation #136) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:51 am

In post 1306, Krazy wrote:Can you expand on why you're so strong on town bob?
He was interrogating me way more intensely than he ever did to anyone in tris's game when he was scum. It seemed like he had a legitimate grievance with my playstyle that he only realized now when he actually had to sort me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1318 (isolation #137) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:05 pm

In post 1313, OkaPoka wrote:anyone else thing bob is like a s_s clone
No, not really... he and I had a big argument because he didn't understand my playstyle at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1319 (isolation #138) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:08 pm

In post 1316, OkaPoka wrote:s_s how does this game differ from your play in baton pass
I'm not awkwardly distancing, I suppose. Other than that, it doesn't really by that much.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1321 (isolation #139) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:12 pm

Not really, Baton Pass is the strongest scumgame I've ever played and I was expecting to be townread in it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1322 (isolation #140) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:12 pm

Besides, most people here weren't in that anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1324 (isolation #141) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:18 pm

No.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1411 (isolation #142) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:28 pm

Eddie, how confident are you that Krazy is scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1440 (isolation #143) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:46 pm

In post 1411, Something_Smart wrote:Eddie, how confident are you that Krazy is scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1457 (isolation #144) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:56 pm

In post 1442, DrDolittle wrote:SS you are not frazzled at me voting you because you think I'm scum my vote doesn't matter or that I'll see eventually you're town
Neither? One vote doesn't frazzle me when the majority of people are townreading me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1467 (isolation #145) » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:16 pm

In post 1459, DrDolittle wrote:So my vote doesn't matter, since it's one vote gotcha
I mean it does matter, but it's not as though one vote is going to lynch me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1532 (isolation #146) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:39 am

In post 1440, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1411, Something_Smart wrote:Eddie, how confident are you that Krazy is scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1539 (isolation #147) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:26 am

In post 1537, Eddie Cane wrote:Very. He is Ank's top kill. He is Tom's top kill by a margin.
Are you willing to be lynched tomorrow if we lynch Krazy and he flips town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1542 (isolation #148) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:32 am

I agree with you that pops has felt off.

Krazy I have no opinion on at present which may be a bad sign unto itself.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1543 (isolation #149) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:32 am

In post 1541, Eddie Cane wrote:If I said yes, you really think I'd ever follow through and roll over?
No.

But I would votepark you and not look back so I don't care :P
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1548 (isolation #150) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:45 am

No one in my team is currently following.

{bob, Nancy, NaCl}
{Hectic, pisskop}
{Titus, Eddie}
{Oka, Elsa, Amrun, Krazy} - null
{Pine}
{pops}

I can explain any reads you'd like but the specificity of each read will be inversely proportional to the number of reads you want me to explain.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1551 (isolation #151) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:50 am

In post 1549, pisskop wrote:Doodles isnt on that list
Derp.

Shockingly he's also null.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1555 (isolation #152) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:06 am

In post 1550, Eddie Cane wrote:We do indeed have mildly differing reads.

Explain Nacl and Bob, please. And if you have good reasons for Pops or Pine, those too.
NaCl read was pretty much entirely for . The first line ("Pops, I would have expected you to have a stronger read on me.") is something that generally comes from town (town is generally better and more confident in their assessments of how they are likely to be read). The post contains a bunch of good questions and there's a great example of going against the grain (also a towntell) at the end. The Hectic read is very deep and I agree with the reasoning there.

Bob read is based on his interactions with me starting at . (, , , , .) This is a pretty common sequence of someone seeing my playstyle for the first time and trying to puzzle it out... except bob has played with me before. As scum. And he did no such thing. So unless he held off on doing something like this for the first few days of that game (until I became conftown), only to drop it here, it indicates a massive shift in how he perceives me between this game and last game, and, well, the simplest explanation for such a shift is that he actually has to read me now.

What is this concept of "good reasons" you speak of. I feel like my pops reasons are probably similar and less in-depth to your team's. I just don't see a lot of solving effort and when I was scum with pops she did a lot of treading water and just like talking about stuff without really going anywhere. Can't really point to specific posts as this is more a lack of towny content which has usually been there when pops has been town.

Pine read is the opposite, his content overall is fine but he has a few posts I just really dislike. is just dumb, feels overblown (and having been scum with Pine as well, he definitely makes overblown posts like that as scum), and are in very bad faith and feel manipulative, and the whole Hectic push and backing off of it doesn't seems natural and seems agenda-y.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1557 (isolation #153) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:08 am

In post 1552, Titus wrote:no one responded to my reasons for TRing him.
Link?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1562 (isolation #154) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:12 am

Titus, that seems to only be a defense against Nancy's specific accusation that Pine was pushing too hard, and not a reason to townread him in general.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1619 (isolation #155) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:02 am

In post 1598, bob3141 wrote:If you are town but were scum instead. What do you feel you would do in relation of nancys wagon
In relation to which wagon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1700 (isolation #156) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:41 pm

In post 1695, popsofctown wrote:Krazy Oka and pk are my top townreads, with Oka a full tier above pk.
Am I crazy or is this the first you're mentioning of a Krazy townread?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1703 (isolation #157) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:43 pm

In post 1701, Eddie Cane wrote:i can't be scum and have real teammate reads
Sure you can. You aren't required to tell your teammates your alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1709 (isolation #158) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:46 pm

In post 1705, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Her actually referencing Doc rolecop shots is weird.
Right, because for Eddie outing the hood to have actually helped scum, they would have to both be town... but she voted him in that post so clearly she didn't think that.

Yeah, that's pretty nasty.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1710 (isolation #159) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:47 pm

VOTE: pops
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1717 (isolation #160) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:53 pm

How about you focus on getting one scum before you start looking for the other two.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1757 (isolation #161) » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 pm

In post 1721, popsofctown wrote:I'm voting Eddie for being very flippant about revealing the neighborhood as a slip that he forgot it should have impact at least x% of the time, the times he's misread me and I'm town, but he mistakenly substituted it having impact 0% of the time because he's scum and he's been discussing the neighborhood arrangements in a PT for days.
...that really doesn't sound like a thing Eddie would do.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1973 (isolation #162) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:05 am

In post 1969, Eddie Cane wrote:Is it bad I almost want to kill krazy more than pops
No, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2080 (isolation #163) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:36 pm

In post 2066, Eddie Cane wrote:idk i haven't seen anyone calling hectic or bob town.
Hi I've called both of those players town lol
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2085 (isolation #164) » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:39 pm

I'm down with calling town Tom.

I agree with most of Eddie's Tomreads.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2318 (isolation #165) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:26 pm

In post 2290, Eddie Cane wrote:I find the notion that people didnt auto tell their team their role hilarious. I still cant tell if people are being serious about that.
I didn't, and I am serious.

I probably will at some point though.

It's advantageous in the same way that not reading your role PM is advantageous (and therefore not allowed).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2322 (isolation #166) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:27 pm

In post 2319, Titus wrote:Hmph, has everyone made up their minds here? Am I the only slow thinker?
I'm a slow thinker.

Just because I'm voting pops doesn't mean I've made up my mind about anyone else.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2325 (isolation #167) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:29 pm

In post 2321, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Now you are pushing this ridiculous theory too? Serious question, does anyone here besides Pops, NaCi, Krazy thinks this even remotely makes even an iota of sense?

How in the actual fuck do you not know any of your team members’ alignment in a game if fucking TEAM mafia?
It makes plenty of sense. Your teammates don't know you're scum, they can't possibly commit scumtells in their reads.

That said I think the isolation it causes outweighs that, but it depends on the team.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2328 (isolation #168) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:30 pm

In post 2324, Eddie Cane wrote:Can you please comment on the game? My town read is slipping because of your lack of activity.
What do you want me to talk about? I don't usually comment much unprompted after placing a vote.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2333 (isolation #169) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:34 pm

Your alignment is probably the opposite of pops's.

Krazy's alignment is probably the opposite of yours.

This will be a vastly more productive discussion to have tomorrow, after we know pops's alignment.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2336 (isolation #170) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm

In post 2332, Hectic wrote:Lul, how is it advantageous for you if you're town? If you don't tell them, won't they just assume you're town?
If they do assume you're town, then there's no downside, and no reason not to do it because of the hypothetical benefit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2337 (isolation #171) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:35 pm

In post 2335, Hectic wrote:Who's scum in Eddie/Krazy?
Hell if I know, but fortunately we have enough mislynches to guess wrong.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2343 (isolation #172) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:42 pm

In post 2338, Eddie Cane wrote:I don't think Krazy and Pops have to be partners. Much much more often than not there is one donkey town and one scum, not two scum hard pushing something stupid. The main point to SvS here is Pops and Krazy awkward ass reads on each other, and the weird distancy reads but both coalescing on me.

So, my alignment doesn't have to be opposite to both of them. I would bet 20$ if I could at least one of them is scum. But I need individual analysis, for purposes of sorting you. Why did you choose to vote Pops over me? Why Pops over Krazy? Which of Pops and Krazy do you think is more likely scum? What is your independent read on our 3 slots? These are various prompts, you don't need to answer each one like a separate question, but I think its clear what I'm asking.
Sure, seems reasonable. Those claims were only a baseline because like I said I'd prefer to do more analysis once we actually have a flip.

Between the three of you, pops is the only one I have any sort of independent read on, and it's a scumlean. It hasn't really changed much or been affected by recent posting; I have simply seen pops be aggressive and genuine in past towngames, and have seen her scumgame be just kind of bland and attention-avoiding, and this looks more like the latter.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2347 (isolation #173) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:49 pm

It's a differing scum philosophy. Some people simply try to look town as scum; others actively play differently in order to push the scum wincon. It depends on how strong your towngame usually is, how self-aware you are, and how much charisma you have.

My scum philosophy is most definitely the former. So it would help me. But it would not help everyone.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2349 (isolation #174) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:49 pm

I should clarify that by "look town as scum" I mean "imitate their own towngame."
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2352 (isolation #175) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

There isn't one. But I didn't know I was going to be town when I decided to do that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2422 (isolation #176) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:49 pm

.___.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2428 (isolation #177) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:58 pm

In post 2420, Hectic wrote:Amrun and Oka are probably both town if SS flips scum.
Also what

I have not interacted with either of those players barely at all
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2441 (isolation #178) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:10 pm

In post 2429, Hectic wrote:Sorry, ignore. It was antispew
Huh
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2541 (isolation #179) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:58 pm

In post 2535, Hectic wrote:from a townie's perspective, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
*3/11

There are 11 townies with neighbors, and 3 of them have scum neighbors.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2547 (isolation #180) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:05 pm

In post 2543, Hectic wrote:There are 7 neighbourhoods and 3 of which have scum in them. So if you're town, your neighbour has a 3/7 chance of being scum.
That isn't how math works. If you were to label the players like:

Scum 1 - Town 1
Scum 2 - Town 2
Scum 3 - Town 3
Town 4 - Town 5
Town 6 - Town 7
Town 8 - Town 9
Town 10 - Town 11

A townie has an equal chance of being in any of those 11 town slots. If they happen to be in Town 1, Town 2 or Town 3 (3/11 chance), their neighbor is scum; otherwise, their neighbor is town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2550 (isolation #181) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:09 pm

Although the odds of your neighbor being scum are still higher than the odds of a random person being scum, I forget exactly but I think it's about 50% higher.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2687 (isolation #182) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:30 pm

If pops flips town, Eddie probably has to die at some point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2692 (isolation #183) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

In post 2689, Amrun wrote:Why?
Math + hard push + counterwagon.

An unwnd scumflip would change that but I'm not sure if I want to turn around and sheep Eddie on his second scumread if his first was wrong.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2693 (isolation #184) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:34 pm

Doesn't have to be tomorrow, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2694 (isolation #185) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Although Jingle said was very towny.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2696 (isolation #186) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:37 pm

I never said he was scum, I only said he should probably die.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2698 (isolation #187) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:38 pm

Who's lurking?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2702 (isolation #188) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:40 pm

In post 2699, Amrun wrote:Oof, conversing with you is occasionally tiresome, S_S.

What’s your read on Eddie, ignoring all maths?
Yeah, sorry. It's late and I'm a bit out of sorts.

I will be better tomorrow once we have flips and not hypotheticals.

I think Eddie is > rand town for just the amount of effort he's put into controlling the game (and the amount of backlash he's gotten for it), since that probably would not be a sustainable strategy as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2706 (isolation #189) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:43 pm

In post 2703, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Didn’t you say something like that about mine and RC’s slot in BP about your buddy Shoshin?
Yes

I've also said it about RC as town
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2720 (isolation #190) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:06 pm

Wut
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2722 (isolation #191) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:07 pm

Pine was not my neighbor.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2724 (isolation #192) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:08 pm

Pine wasn't your neighbor, right?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2734 (isolation #193) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:13 pm

In post 2732, OkaPoka wrote:smh you killed pine just so i wouldnt push ppp
._.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2744 (isolation #194) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:16 pm

In post 2735, unwnd wrote:I've offered plenty of perspectives to consider but they seem to have fallen on deaf ears.
I feel like you've given very little commentary on the game itself

Who do you think is town based on the pops wagon?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2750 (isolation #195) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:20 pm

In post 2748, unwnd wrote:Okay, for some reason I cannot quote that message. I don't understand this website sometimes.
It should work... you might be accidentally deleting the first line or something.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2753 (isolation #196) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:21 pm

In post 2749, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I’m willing to vote either but unwind appears to be open wolfing now. He had two nights to catch up on the game and he refuses to read ANYTHING?

It’s not like he’s just saying he’s not fully caught up yet but to outright refuse? Seriously dafuq?
I don't see the scum motivation in that, I also don't see why that would be a decision made after receiving a role PM rather than before.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2755 (isolation #197) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 pm

In post 2751, OkaPoka wrote:i think its hectic from a nka standpoint
I agree the Pine kill makes zero sense.

I don't know if Hectic scum is the best explanation though. Most people probably would have realized that Pine was lynchable if they thought he was a present threat.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2758 (isolation #198) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:25 pm

If anything it was a teamfearkill, is there anyone here who knows one of Pine's teammates really well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #2840 (isolation #199) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:31 am

I think Pine was killed by somebody who either thought he was more townread than he was or was convinced he was a PR for some reason.

I think looking at the people who townread Pine is the best way to get something out of NKA. The latter option is a lot harder to predict.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”