farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:49 am

Post by farside22 »

ShadowGirl wrote:Ick. Pressed reply by accident.

What I meant is that if anyone found something of note in the Max lynch they would have said it already.
You never stated that in your post vote. You just said it was a waste. Now you think his reaction odd or you think it is both?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:00 am

Post by armlx »

Do you think it would be informative if I was lynched and flipped town? If so, how?
This is just a set up for a straw man. Our argument is not that you would be a good info lynch if town, but that you are scum.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Cass »

Well, of course it is. (Or should be.) But the same goes for my argument and my vote.

Also Farside trying to attack me on the use of the word 'safer' seems pretty far-fetched. (Or should I say 'reaching'?) Of course there's no safe choice. I never said there is.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

Cass wrote:Well, of course it is. (Or should be.) But the same goes for my argument and my vote.

Also
Farside trying to attack me on the use of the word 'safer'
seems pretty far-fetched. (Or should I say 'reaching'?) Of course there's no safe choice. I never said there is.
That was not me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Cass »

farside22 wrote:
Cass wrote:Well, of course it is. (Or should be.) But the same goes for my argument and my vote.

Also
Farside trying to attack me on the use of the word 'safer'
seems pretty far-fetched. (Or should I say 'reaching'?) Of course there's no safe choice. I never said there is.
That was not me.
Oh, sorry :oops: you're right, it was Shadowgirl. I knew I should have quoted... I think I need to stop staring at the screen for a bit :?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:17 pm

Post by strife220 »

ShadowGirl wrote:
What ShadowGirls opinon on dcorbe is
With the posts he's made he hasn't been scumhunting very aggressively, and as I've been in other games with him I find this a bit odd. He seems to want to veer away from the Max lynch by deeming it's a waste of time, but so is arguing over whether to look at it or not.
This is interesting. Shadowgirl's meta seems to be in contrast to farside's and armix's.

Armix/Farside, do you disagree with this statement made by Shadowgirl? Is dcorbe a more active scumhunter in the other games where he flipped townie?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

strife220 wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:
With the posts he's made he hasn't been scumhunting very aggressively, and as I've been in other games with him I find this a bit odd. He seems to want to veer away from the Max lynch by deeming it's a waste of time, but so is arguing over whether to look at it or not.
This is interesting. Shadowgirl's meta seems to be in contrast to farside's and armix's.

Armix/Farside, do you disagree with this statement made by Shadowgirl? Is dcorbe a more active scumhunter in the other games where he flipped townie?
He has improved somewhat, but still isn't the best scumhunter.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by armlx »

farside22 wrote:
strife220 wrote:
ShadowGirl wrote:

He has improved somewhat, but still isn't the best scumhunter.
This.

Also, Cass, my point is why would you care if we would be voting you based on the results if you are town. If you can't refute why we think you are scum, why should we unvote you.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:56 am

Post by farside22 »

I see dcorbe is being replaced in some games
Mod you may want to look into this:

Until the mod finds someone. I think out of the 3 people I think dcorbe is scum buddies with Cass/Grimmy is the scummies. From the post where dcorbe call's grimmy scum to Cass's comments on showing dcorbe or me as scum. His points were more against dcorbe where the best he has against me is my emotional outburst.
unvote:
vote Cass
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Its claim or die time from Cass first off.

Also to cass. I am not voting you based on the thought that if you flip town it points us directly towards scum. I am voting you based on the information I have says that you are scum. Armix is right, that question sets up for strawmanning our case.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by strife220 »

Guess I'll have to re-read Cass more closely. Really wanted dcorbe to have a say today
Unvote
while I develop a stronger opinion on the Cass-lynch.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by Cass »

LlamaFluff wrote:Its claim or die time from Cass first off.

Also to cass. I am not voting you based on the thought that if you flip town it points us directly towards scum. I am voting you based on the information I have says that you are scum. Armix is right, that question sets up for strawmanning our case.
Look, I know it was not the kind of question you were going to answer. The main reason I asked it was because someone asked me the same question, and it annoyed me quite a bit. As it obviously annoys you too. Which I completely understand...

I asked it to make exactly the point you make: we all vote because we think we found scum, not because it'd be so interesting to see them flip town.
LLama wrote:Its claim or die time from Cass first off.
I am a vanilla townie.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by armlx »

Yeah, lynch should proceed.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Post by Cass »

armlx wrote:Yeah, lynch should proceed.
And you just can't wait to get the town into LyLo.
Seriously, unless all town players already know who they'd vote in LyLo, I advise to keep this discussion going for a bit. (Naturally, I also advise to lynch a scum instead of me. That would work even better.)

So, looks like a stand-off and Strife gets to decide. Strife, what I ask you is to please ask lots of questions to all of the players before you decide on anything.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:39 am

Post by armlx »

Your claim does nothing to refute the case on you. Also, appeal to emotion on the LyLo thing, and pretty much the entire rest of your post.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:18 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count 10 of Day 2

(3) farside22 (dcorbe, ShadowGirl, Cass)
(3) Cass (armlx, LlamaFluff, farside22)
(0) dcorbe
(0) ShadowGirl
(0) LlamaFluff
(0) strife220
(0) armlx

(1) Not Voting (strife220)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

Replacing dcorbe.

10th Vote Count, deadline time.
Deadline is set for Thursday, July 24th.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by strife220 »

Re-read on Grimmy leaves me a little dry. This post pings my scumdar:
Grimmy wrote:My list of suspects consist of those who voted for MAX's lynch. But because max was...well...Max...it is not nearly enough to cast a vote.

Ill reread and come up with a suspect later

Grimmy
we are down by 2 now...dammit
Not a fan of his crappy suspect list. Not a fan of the 'dammit'

His pbpa on dcorbe was... strange.

He was doing a decent amount of lurking, not contributing a ton, and had one particularly scummy post. I don't know if I'm happy enough to see him lynched for that.

Up next: Cass
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by strife220 »

Re-read on Cass:

*Intro note* I am Not happy with voting a player because another player may have been bussing them and slipped that they knew the bussee would flip scum. This was a minor point in my case against dcorbe that I felt wasn't of particular value unless dcorbe flipped scum.*

She fumbles a little on trying to decide who is scummier, dcorbe or Farside.

I'm not really happy with her connecting Farside and Armix, but that's more general mafia philosophy. She makes a few interesting points and she reaches to a few.

I'm not a fan of these kinds of posts:
Cass wrote:If she's town - well, it's hard to give actual examples before the fact, but I feel it would be more interesting than dcorbe flipping town (though much less so than dcorbe flipping scum, obviously). Knowing her alignment would give me a much clearer view on this game and all its interactions.
. Without giving reasoning, it could be preparing for an inevitable town-flip. With giving reasoning, it could be lining up lynches. Scum have a good motivation to say these things - town, not so much.

Reflection: Neither Grimmy nor Cass does scream scum to me. There are a few strikes against them but I feel these are huge deals. Unless there are points against her that I missed upon re-read, I'd be happier hammering Farside. On my initial re-read, she did some things that shouted out to me (backing off dcorbe after the claim, freaking out at armix). I'm not sure how much I discussed this on my initial re-read post, so I'll have to go back and see.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Cass »

armlx wrote:Your claim does nothing to refute the case on you. Also, appeal to emotion on the LyLo thing, and pretty much the entire rest of your post.
My claim indeed doesn't, nothing I can do or say against that. I do not see how my post was an appeal on emotion though. If a townie is lynched now, we face LyLo. That's a cold fact. So I ask for some more discussion before this very important decision. Sounds reasonable to me?

@Strife: I agree Grimmy made some pretty scummy posts (mainly the one you quote). I don't really know how to defend against that. No idea what he was trying to do there.
I fumble indeed, because there is so little evidence to go on (the lynch and the nightkill N1 were particularly uninformative), so yes, I am paranoid about killing the wrong person. I've no power role and therefor no evidence for anything. And maybe I talk too much and only make my cases vaguer and more confusing in the process...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I already have beat to death why I was upset at the manor in which Armlx attacked me. I think I just need thicker skin when it comes to things. If that is the only thing you have against me it's a poor reason because everyone gets upset at people when they are attacked or under pressure. To me it does not equate to scum.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 am

Post by armlx »

If a townie is lynched now, we face LyLo. That's a cold fact. So I ask for some more discussion before this very important decision. Sounds reasonable to me?
Except you are in no way know to be a townie, and you are waving that scenario around so that we can be scared out of lynching you.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:02 am

Post by skitzer »

Goatrevolt replaces dcorbe.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Hey all. I should be able to read through the thread sometime today.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:45 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

@strife - Cass is the play today, especially with your logic. If you believe the cass-dcorbe pairing I see no reason for you to be even considering a farside vote her. I honestly still dont even see any of the case against farside yet, who I have leaning town.

@goat - welcome, just to let you know you are on an L-1 wagon right now
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

LlamaFluff wrote:@goat - welcome, just to let you know you are on an L-1 wagon right now
Unvote

Reading through I'm on page 5 right now. Jtdyer is the scummiest player to me in my read thus far.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”