Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1270 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:17 am

Post by popsofctown »

--Marathon of the Year
++Micro of the Year
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

They're a little too periodic and infrequent nowadays. The likelihood any given player viewing the awards played a marathon that year is getting lower, so the award is less relatable.

The category is the same as "best game", and all its contenders are eligible for "best game", but it's meant to give some games that don't "stand a chance" at winning best game their own examination and spotlight and one more award for us to do. I don't mind the idea of doing that, but ideally I think it's best if it's something everyone in the audience was highly likely to have experience with in the past year.

ALL the nominees for best game were large themes (maybe with one rogue in there) this last year, so there are lots of Fourth Graders Only divisions you can make up, it doesn't have to be Micros, and if you think something with a smaller pool is more interesting, as long as the pool doesn't preclude some of the audience systematically I think several things other than Micros are worth considering. Many players prefer to avoid Opens, but most of those capitulate occasionally so best Open could be an option. (Maybe best Mini Open because lots of Large Themes that are actually get nominated, but based on experiencing the character of those games I don't think the distinction between a Mini Open and a Large Theme Open is as arbitrary as it seems). Best Normal could be an option for similar reasons. Best Micro Normal would be cool, the quality of micro normals is often surprisingly high. Best Large Normal is probably the most infrequent type of game you could pick where the audience was highly likely to play one, since 15 people were involved for each one. There are some creative types of categories you could come up with with a narrower pool of nominees also, Best Nailbiter (has to go to 3p LyLo), best game-with-no-replacements, some other stuff I maybe can't think of. I don't think Best Marathon is a great category though.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Eh Vengeful Ghosts is kind of a "mini", the mean number of players in the game each day phase is as high as or higher than a large theme, and that likely contributed to its probability of being nominated. It raises the point that Marathon is a better category than Micro because it's hard to technically fit the category without being highly similar to the other games that are elegible, all Marathons truly have fast deadlines.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1278 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The very most recent marathon weekend was back to back games
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mafia Discussion”