Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Kerset »

Spoiler:
In post 1697, jjh927 wrote:
In post 215, Kerset wrote:
In post 184, Shadoweh wrote:Konichiwa mina-san I was informed the game began and since I'm way too busy watching Phoenix Wright with cute girls to read this my team left me some notes:

- They are very jealous of this playerlist get fucked bitches
- chemist is town, ofrhz is prob town, jjh is possibly scum
- mastina should be put in quarentine (I would always put mastina in quarentine I literally don't think I've ever read a mastina post and thought she was town tbh)

Arigato nakama I will actually read this ashita! Desu uwu
I don't trust you. We are awesome and you wouldn't just leave us. Get back here evil one.
VOTE: shadow
First vote. Not much more to say.
In post 500, Kerset wrote:I guess i should update this as well
VOTE: ofrhz
Second vote. Immediately followed the posting of a readslist which you asked for. On close examination, I think there might be something fucky going on with the timings on when that was posted. There was 1 minute and 21 seconds between Kerset's previous post and that readslist, provided on request for his top scumread. I don't know how long anyone else takes to make readslists but that seems inordinately fast. And then of course he changes his vote because he has to keep up with his reads. Which are awfully conveniently aligned with the emerging ofrhz wagon.
In post 499, Kerset wrote:
In post 497, ofrhz wrote:When you’re done catching up, could I get a quick readslist so I can see where you are?

Kerset
Bitmap
Chemist1422
Alisae

jjh927
Klick
Shadoweh
Gamma Emerald
mastina

Menalque
Jingle
hitogoroshi
ofrhz
Lady Ann
In post 425, PenguinPower wrote:
Votecount 1.08

Klick
(4): Alisae, Menalque, hitogoroshi, mastina
ofrhz
(3): Chemist1422, jjh927,
Jingle

Shadoweh
(2): Kerset, Bitmap
hitogoroshi
(2): Shadoweh, Klick
Kerset
(1): ofrhz

Not Voting
(1): Gamma Emerald

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-01-16 20:30:00)
Note: Jingle is bolded as he moved his vote to ofrhz between the votecount being posted and Kerset's vote.
In post 857, Kerset wrote:VOTE: mastina
This was Kerset's last vote. I think it's interesting that it didn't get shifted to me at any point in the little back and forth we had.
In post 850, PenguinPower wrote:
Votecount 1.13

hitogoroshi
(3): Shadoweh, Klick, ofrhz
mastina
(3): Jingle, Bitmap, Alisae
Bitmap
(2): mastina, jjh927
Gamma Emerald
(2): Menalque, Chemist1422
ofrhz
(1): Kerset
Shadoweh
(1): hitogoroshi

Not Voting
(1): Gamma Emerald

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-01-16 20:30:00)

Prove of nothing. Really, you are just tryharding to find evidence and result in nothing. I vote the best option and don't move until i find better one. You are the one who find me scum, i find you dummyscummy. Mastina is still top scum, no matter her break or how hard you try to distract me from her. So what that i posted my readlist 1 minute and 21 seconds after previous post? I was typing reply to both klick and ofrhz at the same time, because they both required me to reread things. What is it indicative of?
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 1749, ofrhz wrote:Is mastina scum or is jjh scum? Or are they both scum?
Ask pengiun. For me the best bet is mastina.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Kerset »

Spoiler:
In post 793, Menalque wrote:
In post 677, mastina wrote:
In post 661, Alisae wrote:Do this but just for my slot
You're in luck--I'm in the same mindset I was when I listed you as a townread!

That is to say, rather notably tired.

This mindset isn't the most productive to explaining things but it's the only mindset I can be in to explain the read since it was a read born of this mindset. :P

Basically I didn't intentionally have you as deliberately-unsorted, but I noticed that I wasn't making any effort to really sort you.
In my bout of tiredness, when catching up on the game and reading your posts around that time and the ones from shortly before then that were fresh on mind even though I had read them, I basically liked what I was seeing you do in spite of having the knowledge that I probably shouldn't but the gut-townread from what I was seeing was still there all the same.

Your contributions to this game just look town, mostly. Are they? Ehhh...probably not, it wouldn't surprise me if the people who actually know how to read you well would say you've done nothing that is strongly alignment indicative. And not gonna lie some of your earlier posting did look suspicious but in the very-brief "I am scumreading everyone in this game" sort of way where I realize I'm basically not townreading anyone and force a reset of standards to 'okay reset them to null then just work from there'. But the posting around the time I posted the townread on you was posting that I liked the mindset behind of as being something that it looked like it was genuinely trying to solve the game in.
you mean this right? why is this scum!indicative for mastina?
In post 1459, Menalque wrote:Also @jjh what’s the long and short on why you TR mastina and scumread kerset and bitmap?
In post 1451, Menalque wrote:
In post 1432, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 908, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 901, Alisae wrote:Shadoweh Chemist Mena Kerset Bitmap
Hito Klick
GE jjh ofhrz
mastina jingle
this is pretty close to my list

I'd swap Kerset and klick and probably ofrhz and jingle
Let’s start here

separating it into 5 tiers gives something like
{Chemist, Ali, Shadoweh, Klick}
{Mena, Kerset, Bit}
{Hito, jjh, jingle}
{GE (Reundo), mastina}
{ofrhz}

this is what I’m gonna start working from with the top line being the only confident ones
Okay so like why is she in the tier below mastina and reundo?
In post 1541, Menalque wrote:
In post 1533, Alisae wrote:{Mena Hito Shadoweh mastina jjh Klick}
{Chemiboi, Jingle}
{ofhrz}
{Reundo}
{Kerset, Bitmap}
Wait I thought you were SRing mastina? Also why is klick up at top and chemboi isn’t?
In post 1485, Menalque wrote:
In post 1482, Bitmap wrote:
In post 1478, Menalque wrote:
In post 1476, Bitmap wrote:
In post 1469, Menalque wrote:Bitmap what are your reads atm?
Like my own personal reads?
Yes
[bitmap]
[Kerset, Klick, Shadoweh]
[Reundo, Jingle, ofrhz, Mena, Alisae, Chemist] <- Null
[hito, jj]
[mastina]
I’m p sure I’ve seen something about the mastina and jjh thing in your iso

Can you explain why your town reads are up out of null for me?

Mena you took your time to gather thoughts about mastina but never gave option about her. She was relevant enough to be topic of discussion but not for option. Why did you skip it?
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:03 am

Post by Kerset »

As for Reundo feel free to lynch him. I feel no empathy for lurkers.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I’d prefer to wait for a claim tbh
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Reundo »

OK, so first things first, I'm really sorry about my lack of activity. I didn't anticipate my schedule being so jam-packed when I signed up for this.

Regarding my experience: I've played a handful of games around my join date and am just now starting to pick up mafia again after taking a break for a year (this has only been my second game over the past two months). This is also the first game I replaced into, and I underestimated how long it would take to both read through a ~50 page game and also retain what I've read long enough to form coherent thoughts about it. My teammates also hadn't read my game, so I've pretty much been playing this game solo as well. I think trying to take it all in at one night was just a bad idea overall and I wish I did something more productive with my time.

I've skimmed through the last couple of pages but haven't had the time to read most of it in-depth. The case on me as I understand it is Gamma lurking + my reads list, which on one hand I do get why my slot is being scum-read and don't think it's entirely unjustified just looking at my slot objectively but on the other know that it's very easy for scum to jump onto considering they probably don't expect much resistance from me.
In post 1682, ofrhz wrote: reundo - I feel like if you replace in and drop a readslist without explanation like that, the expectation is that you will be around to talk to people about it? Also his scumreads are me and two people I feel pretty strongly are town.

VOTE: reundo
While reading the game on catch-up, ofrhz never made a strong impression on me or did anything I thought was especially towny or couldn't come from scum, and this vote in particular comes off as very opportunistic FMPOV. First of all, I don't think you need much justification at all to jump on my wagon, but this justification is especially weird. It was very late for me when I posted that reads list and was planning to talk about it more in the morning (which unfortunately couldn't happen since I was pre-occupied with otehr stuff). Could I have waited until I was able to properly talk about it before posting it? Sure. Should I have? I dunno, maybe, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. But that doesn't strike me as something that's inheritantly scum-AI, and tacking on that I scum-read the people he town-reads just looks like him trying to pad on some extra justification w/o needing to further explain my alleged scum motivation, and it reads like he feels the need to pull out ~some~ reason for scum-reading me without trying to sound like a broken record, which is entirely unnecessary coming from town. Like, I get it, my slot's done absolutely nothing and my read list admittedly leaves a lot to be desired, you don't need some new ingenious reason for voting me. And if he really did think this way, why didn't he vote me when I actually posted it until, I dunno, after I'd already gotten four votes, or at the very least point it out then (especially since I'm apparently his top scum read now). I don't buy it.

VOTE: ofhrz

Running short on time, so quick shotguns explanation on my non-nulls for now: Bitmap's engagement pinged pretty towny and there wasn't much he posted that I disagreed with or at least couldn't see where he was coming from, Klick had a lot of the same thoughts around the same time regarding mastina and one of hito's posts so his thought process seemed pretty genuine and I also liked his engagement whenever he was around. Not too much for my town-leans but basically: Jingle I thought his engagement with mastina and subsequent read-flip was genuine even if I didn't agree with it, Mena I thought his aversion to being town-read so early was towny, Chemist had a few posts I liked but can't recall off the top of my head, admittedly my weakest town lean. I kind of forgot why I scum-leaned jjh and a quick glimpse through his ISO isn't helping, but that early reads list he posted where he had almost everyone but like 3 people as town seemed way too early for D1 and most of his hard-town didn't ping me anything close to that. Mastina I still can't really see as town -- her hard scum-read of Bitmap pinged me pretty early on and didn't really seem genuine, and a lot of her walls just read like fluff if you read them closely and most of the time she explains her reads with a lot of words that add up to next to nothing rather than explaining why she reads someone this way or that, and her case on Bitmap didn't do a good job explaining Bitmap's scum motive and mostly felt like pointing out posts she didn't like. I'd be willing to jump to her too atm.

And as for my claim: my role is Domokun, I don't have any abilities outside of my vote (so basically a VT). Sorry about the long wall and my lack of activity overall. The rest of today and tomorrow is a bit sketchy for me, but I'll try to make more time for this game if at all possible.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Kerset »

What? VT in mini theme? Sounds like bs.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Kerset »

In game like this you would rather get negative utility then blank VT.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Bitmap »

@ofrhz

nsg wants u to unvote
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1758, Kerset wrote:What? VT in mini theme? Sounds like bs.
???

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a role madness mini theme run here
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

VOTE: Kerset

That post was super weird and feels like shade
GTKAS

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:01 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1723, Alisae wrote:
In post 1693, hitogoroshi wrote:You think that reundo is scum, but ALSO that Alisae is as well? And you have Alisae and bitmap *together* in the scum tier? who the hell do you think reundo is partners with here? no thoughts on shadoweh not listening to your reason to unvote me, or me keeping a bead on her so long? Just L-2 on the low-hanging fruit while making it all sound like your own idea.
your tone here suggests to me that you think those reads are bizarre. To me that comes up as a red flag because I don't see as scum why she imploys that strategy when its easier to just put the whole bloc as town
Have thoughts on this but it makes more sense to wait and hear what ofrhz says first. I think you're kinda missing what I think the suspicious thing is but if you are that means ofrhz might also, which means we could get an answer that's really revealing in either direction.

Gotta agree with ofr in that the Kerset views on mastina/jjh seem really underdetermined. If mastina is pocketing jjh so obviously that even a newbie would notice by now, then jjh is town! It kinda seems like you want to just quote individual posts you don't like in isolation, but the whole point is that peoples actions need to be interpreted in the context of how they interact with everyone else. Kerset, maybe a more productive way to have this discussion is - who are your strongest
townreads
, and what do you think they're missing on mastina? What do jjh/mastina flips makes you think about the other one?
In post 1755, Kerset wrote:As for Reundo feel free to lynch him. I feel no empathy for lurkers.
Even when this wagon was conjured up by basically your worst enemies? If I daycopped Reundo red right now, who are your picks for his buddies?

I am genuinely flabbergasted that Reundo could have ofr as his alpha scumread but both "person who went apeshit on ofr" and "person who passionately defended the hell out of ofr" as null. How can the exact discussion you wanted happen like...two pages ago and you don't have a single thought on it?
In post 1760, Bitmap wrote:
@ofrhz

nsg wants u to unvote
To vote who, and why?
In post 1761, Chemist1422 wrote:
???
Both happen plenty of times. Having a few VTs at the end helps contain swing, which I would imagine is a design goal here since it's more important than usual to make sure every time has a chance to influence gamestate. (Or, at least, that was a big constraint *I* followed for Signs and Void ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) But role madness is also perfectly possible. In any case, speculating about which is which D1 means that you're mostly going off of your *own* PM, which means you kinda leak to scum what information you have, which means I think we should probably just drop this for now
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Kerset »

???

What kind of statement is it!? You played one with me. Don't be ridiculous.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1764, Kerset wrote:
???

What kind of statement is it!? You played one with me. Don't be ridiculous.
That's true but that was a uPick so it doesn't count

i definitely didn't completely forget about it
GTKAS

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Kerset »

In post 1763, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 1723, Alisae wrote:
In post 1693, hitogoroshi wrote:You think that reundo is scum, but ALSO that Alisae is as well? And you have Alisae and bitmap *together* in the scum tier? who the hell do you think reundo is partners with here? no thoughts on shadoweh not listening to your reason to unvote me, or me keeping a bead on her so long? Just L-2 on the low-hanging fruit while making it all sound like your own idea.
your tone here suggests to me that you think those reads are bizarre. To me that comes up as a red flag because I don't see as scum why she imploys that strategy when its easier to just put the whole bloc as town
Have thoughts on this but it makes more sense to wait and hear what ofrhz says first. I think you're kinda missing what I think the suspicious thing is but if you are that means ofrhz might also, which means we could get an answer that's really revealing in either direction.

Gotta agree with ofr in that the Kerset views on mastina/jjh seem really underdetermined. If mastina is pocketing jjh so obviously that even a newbie would notice by now, then jjh is town! It kinda seems like you want to just quote individual posts you don't like in isolation, but the whole point is that peoples actions need to be interpreted in the context of how they interact with everyone else. Kerset, maybe a more productive way to have this discussion is - who are your strongest
townreads
, and what do you think they're missing on mastina? What do jjh/mastina flips makes you think about the other one?
Top would be most likely bitmap, klick, shadow but they are all weak townreads. Klick and shadow are bad at catching up and they barely take effort here. Bitmap is not missing things.
jj red - his dumb and he was was SvS with alisae
jjh green - his dumb but also masti is more likely red
mastina green - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mastina red - this solves other people then jjh
In post 1755, Kerset wrote:As for Reundo feel free to lynch him. I feel no empathy for lurkers.
Even when this wagon was conjured up by basically your worst enemies? If I daycopped Reundo red right now, who are your picks for his buddies?
He is such weak spot that any scum would bus him as teammate. It is naive to think that weak players get protection in competitive game. About daycopp - chemist.
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Kerset »

BTW if reundo doesn't come back in 24 hours i will execute him
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Shadoweh »

I'm not bad at catching up tbh, I'm still reading the thread even if I'm not posting in it. I definitely have posting-related anxiety. I'm having a bit of a crisis actually since the main person helping me just replaced out hahahaha :sweat:
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1768, Shadoweh wrote:I'm not bad at catching up tbh, I'm still reading the thread even if I'm not posting in it. I definitely have posting-related anxiety. I'm having a bit of a crisis actually since the main person helping me just replaced out hahahaha :sweat:
at least you were getting help >:v
GTKAS

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:50 am

Post by jjh927 »

VOTE: Kerset

Reundo's not L-1 any more.
I want to lynch Kerset a lot more than I want to lynch Reundo
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:56 am

Post by jjh927 »

I'll consider switching my vote back if someone I respect tells me to

The thing where Reundo doesn't have a good reason for scumreading me whatsoever does line up perfectly with Alisae's assessment of his readslist
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Jingle »

I think keeping Kers off of hammer at least is useful for the moment, jj.
This is a Parachute.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:40 am

Post by jjh927 »

You mean Reundo and yes that was one of my thoughts
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1718, Bitmap wrote:With that being said, it has to be something with the people themselves then, no? It seems like I don't really understand your motives here, and the path to winning is not going to be coming out of a super spicy read that's revolutionary and never heard of before. I can't seem to really imagine your thought process so I'm just gonna let you elaborate.
I explained why I'm not inclined to think your read on Mena will be exciting/compelling, and you saying you don't have a bias there doesn't actually do much to convince me that you don't have a bias there. Particularly when I just arrived at a fairly strong townread on him through the end of G+R.

Alisae is very easy to scumread erroneously when e's demotivated, so I don't think your scumread on Ali that originated in a time when e was demotivated is particularly likely to be incredibly accurate or telling.

I don't know how to read chemist, so I have no idea how to judge a read on Chemist. Regardless, I don't think I gain much from you elaborating on that. (Maybe lazy isn't the best way to describe this read, but it definitely still falls under the heading of I don't really care about it.)

Reundo being a low effort scumread should go pretty much without saying.

Does that help to clarify why I was more interested in hearing about Kers/Shadoweh?
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”