chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 2494, Titus wrote:Scum assigned Desperate at start of night 1.
Renegade absolutely exists.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Does anyone have any questions for me?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Sure, your day 2 reads would be good. Also what your take is on AF/Joan/drew/nips in general.
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:54 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3899, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3893, Amrun wrote:Is nips happening? Can nips happen? Yas plz
His flip gives us the most info, because it confirms enchantress. I think the missing piece for me was I didn’t realize Creature targeted A50, then it all started to make sense.

VOTE: Nips
Nancy, and I dont mean this to shade you, but to illustrate some of the frustration I've had with your slot, for you to freak out earlier about most people not reading, that discussion about the enchantress took up about 5 pages. Multiple people based their reads on it. Creature claimed he targeted A50 and got no result almost at the start of D2. You shaded people for wanting to lynch what you were calling a confirmed town slot. If you werent site about it, you could have asked. Folks have been doing a pretty good job this game responding to questions.

BP
Hectic & Billy Pilgrim hydra.
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:56 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3898, Doctor Drew wrote:Nancy, ok....didn't know exactly what enabler meant.
I kinda think this is a lie given that a cop enabler flipped and we had a big discussion about it. I dont think I buy this from you.

BP
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3901, chkflip wrote:You're fun, Bambi. Are you West coast?

There's no reason to believe 50s clear on Nips isn't real.

People not reaching 50 =/= 50 not reaching his target.

Drew, 3 or 4 hours is apparently a long time to me? :lol:

No but for serious last I remembered you posting was when you were L-1. Apologies. I'm not an elephant, it seems.

Mars, plz no.
Your second point is correct, but that doesnt mean it doesnt at least become an important question, particularly in light of him saying he wasnt ascetic. So either he lied, Titus cleared him and Creature was roleblocked, or he was enchanted and we know nothing. So theres a 1/3 chance of 50 scum, a 1/3 chance of enchantress, or a 1/3 chance that 50 is town and cleared Nips. Why are you betting the house on the last option?

BP
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:05 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3914, davesaz wrote:
In post 3909, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3908, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 3906, davesaz wrote:What does nips have to do with enchantress?
If A50 was targeted and based on Creature’s roleblock claim, everything. It didn’t really make any sense to me that Nips would be the target but Creature targeted A50 and was blocked, so enchantress had to be on one of them and A50 makes a helluva lot more sense then Creature. Prior to knowing that, Titus’ theory made no sense.
What's the direct connection to nips? Is there a claimed action I'm missing or something?
50 targeted Nips and was recharged. So either Nips is town or A50 was blocked.

BP
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3930, davesaz wrote:That quote is mangled, it's "may also make it so they die if they can target successfully".
It's important to note that this is an option not a definition of the modifier, so only the people who actually get the modifier will get directly informed of which variant is in use this game. I have no reason to doubt the death on success variant is in use btw.
Do you think the variant would be different for different people in the same game? Because with Titus's explanation of the modifier coupled with this confusion around A50, I kinda wanna lynch him.

BP
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:11 am

Post by chkflip »

I have no reason to believe in the boogeyman existing.

I know there's a Renegade. That much is proven. From what they gave Titus I'd wager they aren't town. So, for an Enchantress to exist they'd either have to be town or at least a different alignment from the Renegade. And since this game was advertised as only having a single mafia entity? That means that either a) an Enchantress doesn't exist (highly likely), or b) something aside from an Enchantress, like a Rolestopper (as has been mentioned multiple times), hit A50. (less likely BUT answers why nobody could target A50).
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:45 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 3977, RCEnigma wrote:Sure, your day 2 reads would be good. Also what your take is on AF/Joan/drew/nips in general.
Day 2 has been too much setup/mech talk this early in the game. I just can’t keep up/not engaged with that line of info atm.
I will do a quick ISO (disregarding the claims) on those 4 players and see what I get:

AF: Town. I seem to be on page with most of their latest posts.

Joan: Saw Post and its basically what I just said. I gotta town this slot now.

DD: I like my vote here. Feels a little too easy but you know, sometimes the easiest solution is the right solution.

Nippy: The content isn’t very influential but I can’t really judge based on that because I have been slacking as well in actual content.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:16 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3974, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3971, chkflip wrote:RCE, no joke. You didn't notice anything weird about the vote count?

Mars, I'm talking about Ejet and Frost.
It also says “cop like” not just cop so any modifier can fit that if it can function as an investigative. Scum just happened to pick the most optimal NK.
i interpreted Boon's answer to mean that it's only coplike abilities that are affected. a Desperate neighbourizer should be fine.

that said, Almost and Titus are claiming plainly different versions of Desperate.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3970, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3968, chkflip wrote:"ArE yOu EvEn ReAdInG?"

One for cops, one for doctors.
What cop enabler?

ArE yOu?
Oh my gosh Nancy. Espresso already flipped as a cop enabler.

BP
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3978, Haggle wrote:
In post 3899, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3893, Amrun wrote:Is nips happening? Can nips happen? Yas plz
His flip gives us the most info, because it confirms enchantress. I think the missing piece for me was I didn’t realize Creature targeted A50, then it all started to make sense.

VOTE: Nips
Nancy, and I dont mean this to shade you, but to illustrate some of the frustration I've had with your slot, for you to freak out earlier about most people not reading, that discussion about the enchantress took up about 5 pages. Multiple people based their reads on it. Creature claimed he targeted A50 and got no result almost at the start of D2. You shaded people for wanting to lynch what you were calling a confirmed town slot. If you werent site about it, you could have asked. Folks have been doing a pretty good job this game responding to questions.

BP
READ MY POSTS. I’m not explaining everything 50 times.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:43 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3983, chkflip wrote:I have no reason to believe in the boogeyman existing.

I know there's a Renegade. That much is proven. From what they gave Titus I'd wager they aren't town. So, for an Enchantress to exist they'd either have to be town or at least a different alignment from the Renegade. And since this game was advertised as only having a single mafia entity? That means that either a) an Enchantress doesn't exist (highly likely), or b) something aside from an Enchantress, like a Rolestopper (as has been mentioned multiple times), hit A50. (less likely BUT answers why nobody could target A50).
It's not proven, its claimed. You're making the decision to trust Titus in concluding that that role actually exists. Now, I dont know if Titus would claim it as scum, but it did make her self-verifying role nerfed after the espresso flip, so it became a safer claim, and she did claim post-flip. Now, she crumbed, but i dont have anyway to evaluate that to determine whether there was only one crumb.

BP
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:45 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3979, Haggle wrote:
In post 3898, Doctor Drew wrote:Nancy, ok....didn't know exactly what enabler meant.
I kinda think this is a lie given that a cop enabler flipped and we had a big discussion about it. I dont think I buy this from you.

BP
Drew is someone who didn’t know a scum neighbourizer could exist in in Penguin, so I actually do.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Haggle
Haggle
Goon
Haggle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:51 am

Post by Haggle »

In post 3989, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

BP
Drew is someone who didn’t know a scum neighbourizer could exist in in Penguin, so I actually do.
I only knew that neighbors could be from different alignments because in my first game with neighbors my scum partner was in a neighborhood with a townie. So not understanding neighborhood mechanics makes sense to me in general.

In this game the first night kill was an enabler. You dont think he read the discussion about what the night kill meant? Because that's the only way he doesnt know what an enabler is.

BP
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:58 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3981, Haggle wrote:
In post 3914, davesaz wrote:
In post 3909, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3908, Pyrrha Nikos wrote:
In post 3906, davesaz wrote:What does nips have to do with enchantress?
If A50 was targeted and based on Creature’s roleblock claim, everything. It didn’t really make any sense to me that Nips would be the target but Creature targeted A50 and was blocked, so enchantress had to be on one of them and A50 makes a helluva lot more sense then Creature. Prior to knowing that, Titus’ theory made no sense.
What's the direct connection to nips? Is there a claimed action I'm missing or something?
50 targeted Nips and was recharged. So either Nips is town or A50 was blocked.

BP
One of Creature/A50 had to be for his reults to fail and Creature didn’t claim anything before D2 but A50 did D1, so it obviously makes way more sense that he was the one targeted not Creature, which would mean Titus’ actions would have also failed, at the very least. Renegade doesn’t have to exist because any “coplike” actions - which could include any actions involving a desperate modifier, so enchantress absolutely could exist. Renegade doesn’t have to exist because of desperate and cop -
abilities permanently nullified. so renegade isn’t proven or necessary because of desperate, so chk is wrong about that and Titus, likely right.

@BP if you give me shit for something when you haven’t read all the posts where I’ve explained things multiple tiles, don’t expect me to answer you.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:01 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3983, chkflip wrote:I have no reason to believe in the boogeyman existing.

No there doesn’t because desperate and desperate no longer works because Jet wasn’t only cop enabler, he was cop-LIKE enabler- which would include desperate.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3985, Chara wrote:
In post 3974, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 3971, chkflip wrote:RCE, no joke. You didn't notice anything weird about the vote count?

Mars, I'm talking about Ejet and Frost.
It also says “cop like” not just cop so any modifier can fit that if it can function as an investigative. Scum just happened to pick the most optimal NK.
i interpreted Boon's answer to mean that it's only coplike abilities that are affected. a Desperate neighbourizer should be fine.

that said, Almost and Titus are claiming plainly different versions of Desperate.
There is a post by Boon that says desperate is affected. I’ve quoted it several times but I will ask again. just in case to be sure.

@Boon, are desperate, loyal, disloyal modifiers considered to be “cop-like”? Yes or no? Creature said he thinks his tracker ability still works but it didn’t on A50 last night.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3986, Haggle wrote:
In post 3970, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3968, chkflip wrote:"ArE yOu EvEn ReAdInG?"

One for cops, one for doctors.
What cop enabler?

ArE yOu?
Oh my gosh Nancy. Espresso already flipped as a cop enabler.

BP
These kind of posts are completely unhelpful. Especially when I’ve already responded to them. :roll:
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3990, Haggle wrote:
In post 3989, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:

BP
I only knew that neighbors could be from different alignments because in my first game with neighbors my scum partner was in a neighborhood with a townie. So not understanding neighborhood mechanics makes sense to me in general.

In this game the first night kill was an enabler. You dont think he read the discussion about what the night kill meant? Because that's the only way he doesnt know what an enabler is.

BP
That doesn’t mean he understood doc enabler, like I said he didn’t know scum neighbourizer existed, so I do believe it from Drew. Because the cop enabler role wasn’t specifically referenced as “cop enabler”, so that’s why I didn’t make that connection at first. I did obviously KNOW that cops and cop-like roles were disabled, I just didn’t immediately make the specific connection about Jet being cop enabler, because he wasn’t actually described as one in his flip.
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Little miffed nobody here answered me if it makes sense for town to get both a Cop-like enabler and a Doctor enabler on the same side. That's almost Beloved Princess levels of swing without actually breaking the Boon Rules.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3993, Venus and Mars wrote:There is a post by Boon that says desperate is affected. I’ve quoted it several times but I will ask again. just in case to be sure.
i know, i'm talking about the same post. i read it as him saying coplike abilities are affected, not desperate because it's a modifier.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Chara »

In post 3996, Bambi Jay wrote:Little miffed nobody here answered me if it makes sense for town to get both a Cop-like enabler and a Doctor enabler on the same side. That's almost Beloved Princess levels of swing without actually breaking the Boon Rules.
it's hard to say if it makes sense until we see what the setup looks like as a whole.
regardless i think it'll be made clearer in a day or so.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Chara »

and desperate isn't coplike. it's a variant disloyal modifier. a desperate doctor is not coplike.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”