Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 567, Zenith wrote:N1 I asked What's blank's flavor?
Filling in the blank with "everyone".
I bet this is not what JJH intended.
I believe he had to be raging while saw that question.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 567, Zenith wrote:Once per night, I can ask the mod a question, from a list of pre-scripted questions, choosing to fill in blank(s) with any single word I feel like using, with player names counting as 1 word.
Has the word be in English, or you can use a German word instead?
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 567, Zenith wrote:I can ask if blank is aligned with blank.
Is anyone aligned with neutrals?
Is (a) Townie/ Goon/ Mafia Scum aligned with Mafia?
I am talking about player's titles. Find a group of 3-4 players with the same title. You can clear all of them. Or narrow our lynch/ vig shooting a little.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:02 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

By the way, there is a role blocker here.
-Hectic
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:23 am

Post by wrong fish »

I feel like we should claim, as we can give some insight and we are meant to die anyways.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 573, gobbledygook wrote:My role is fairly complicated. It is a toolbox. I have a 1-shot commuter ability that I can use independent of stone. I did not use it last night in case a vig or cop used their power on me because i hammered town. If it had been a scum flip, i would have used my commuter ability. My role does have something sweet but that requires Mage level 3. The lower mage levels do have other niche-useful things though.
Well, you sort of fell into a trap, but I'm an E of my word and won't seek your lynch today because I can probably sort you tonight, and if you really are town we are likely to need all the help we can get.

I have serious doubt that you are town though, because the stronger you are the more unlikely it seems. Specially since there is a flipped scum with a role that seemed pretty meh.

So it would seem there are 2, well I guess 3 possibilities.
1. You aren't town.
2. We are facing some serious firepower from scum/potential 3rd party.
3. This game is very unbalanced.

I'm still pretty terrible with setup spec. Not because of an inability to recognize power level distribution, but due to being willfully ignorant of the pool of potential roles, because I enjoy a bit of surprise and learning the roles as I encounter them.

That said, if we remove options 1 and 3, what could we even be up against? It would have to be pretty insane right? I mean, is the dark brotherhood able to recruit new members or something?

In post 574, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 571, gobbledygook wrote:What makes you think I’m wooden? Would a wooden player hammer someone without a claim?
Does wooden mean mafia? Because then the answer to your second question is "yes."

Also, I do not agree with Zenith's request now that everything has transpired. I do not believe that flavor alone will be useful in sorting a player's alignment and could actually serve as a distraction.
Flavor, plus flips, plus my role seems potentially useful for setup spec, for reasons I pointed out above.
In post 576, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 567, Zenith wrote:Once per night, I can ask the mod a question, from a list of pre-scripted questions, choosing to fill in blank(s) with any single word I feel like using, with player names counting as 1 word.
Has the word be in English, or you can use a German word instead?
Nothing specifically states the word has to be english. I considered the idea of using a word from another language, but I don't know enough about other languages to make use of this idea.
In post 577, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 567, Zenith wrote:I can ask if blank is aligned with blank.
Is anyone aligned with neutrals?
Is (a) Townie/ Goon/ Mafia Scum aligned with Mafia?
I am talking about player's titles. Find a group of 3-4 players with the same title. You can clear all of them. Or narrow our lynch/ vig shooting a little.
Aligned with neutrals sounds good. Any idea how to ask that without an E?
I wonder if shortening Gobbles to Gobs could get around the E rule. I'll ask the mod if nicknames count.
Not entirely sure what you mean by shared titles here because asking if townie/goon/mafia scum is aligned with town seems pointless, but the thought of multiple clears sounds op.
In post 578, Blatant Scum wrote:By the way, there is a role blocker here.
I suppose if the role blocker isn't aligned with town we'll find that out soon. If scum wants to focus on me, just means rest of town is free to do whatever. Plus I'm not the vig, and thankfully I don't think the vig has claimed yet, so maybe scum will get shot again. At the end of day, I'll make my night action plans clear, to avoid wasted crossfire.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Talking about vigs.
@Eve, can you shoot without Thief Rune?
I can give you 1-shot BP, but only if we choose Warrior stone.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 580, Zenith wrote:Not entirely sure what you mean by shared titles here because asking if townie/goon/mafia scum is aligned with town seems pointless, but the thought of multiple clears sounds op.
Titles.
Under your name in every post is a title.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

I am "Mafia Scum".
You are "Goon"
Dong is "Townie"
-Hectic
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:00 am

Post by wrong fish »

No one wants to talk to me about claiming. I am disappoint.
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:07 am

Post by wrong fish »

In post 409, Zenith wrote:
In post 408, Sujimichi wrote:Why?
Reasons.

Just do it please.

I'll explain after.
If your reasoning is good then there isnt a reason for not disclosing it, yes? Especially if you say that you will tell us later. If you were conf town it would have been a different story but as it stands we will claim but not for you.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Zenith »

@Sujimichi
I also find the redactions interesting, particularly the thief redaction.
But yea I'm not trying to argue that mod names alone like Sneak Tools, Localised Thieves Guild Jobs, Apocalypse, etc are scummy because of flavor. Hell as a Cthulhu oracle know firsthand that even if a mod name sounds evil, it's not AI.

However, looking at a mod description can give a rough idea of what kind of power we are looking at, which can be used for setup spec.

@Blatant Scum
Ok, I see what you mean by titles.
I'm not sure about multiple clears though. Let's say I ask if goons (and specify afterward that by goons I mean the title) are aligned with town. If some are and some aren't, what would the mod answer? Yes no? Hmm.. Although if they are all aligned together then I think it could work for multiple clears or guiltys.
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:10 am

Post by wrong fish »

In post 421, Zenith wrote:I'm telling you, if you don't comply with my request then you don't want to catch scum.
In post 422, Zenith wrote:In other words, if you want to catch scum, please comply with my request.
Also these dont bode well for your case.

Extreme AtE aside, this is just untrue. There are other ways to catch scum even if you are acting based on role and stopping discussion by forcing a mass roleclaim is at the very least indicative.

VOTE: Zenith
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am

Post by wrong fish »

Both of those posts

-Dong
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 585, wrong fish wrote:
In post 409, Zenith wrote:
In post 408, Sujimichi wrote:Why?
Reasons.

Just do it please.

I'll explain after.
If your reasoning is good then there isnt a reason for not disclosing it, yes? Especially if you say that you will tell us later. If you were conf town it would have been a different story but as it stands we will claim but not for you.
Huh?
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 am

Post by wrong fish »

Catching up, i havent read up to this point
wrong fish
wrong fish
Goon
wrong fish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am

Post by wrong fish »

I dont have a problem with massclaiming. We're really usefull dragons.

What i do have a problem with us zeniths pushy and overly emotional tone that makes it sound like we have no choice but to massclaim. I think an agenda besides just hearing the roleclaims is present, though im not sure what yet.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 590, wrong fish wrote:Catching up, i havent read up to this point
But then why/how did you already participate in the mass flavor claim if you didn't know about the mass flavor claim?
In post 552, wrong fish wrote:
In post 480, Zenith wrote:Still waiting for Dongfish
Really Useful [Redacted]
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 586, Zenith wrote: I'm not sure about multiple clears though. Let's say I ask if goons (and specify afterward that by goons I mean the title) are aligned with town. If some are and some aren't, what would the mod answer? Yes no? Hmm.. Although if they are all aligned together then I think it could work for multiple clears or guiltys.
Is (a) Goon aligned with Mafia?
No = all Goon are Town.
Yes = at least one Goon is Mafia.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 593, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 586, Zenith wrote: I'm not sure about multiple clears though. Let's say I ask if goons (and specify afterward that by goons I mean the title) are aligned with town. If some are and some aren't, what would the mod answer? Yes no? Hmm.. Although if they are all aligned together then I think it could work for multiple clears or guiltys.
Is (a) Goon aligned with Mafia?
No = all Goon are Town/ Neutral.
Yes = at least one Goon is Mafia.
-Hectic
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

In post 567, Zenith wrote:I can also ask if there is a blank in the game.
I think that third-party is one word, right?
Even wiki has third-party written with the dash.
-Hectic
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 595, Blatant Scum wrote:
In post 567, Zenith wrote:I can also ask if there is a blank in the game.
I think that third-party is one word, right?
Even wiki has third-party written with the dash.
I don't know, but the mod just said no to using nicknames to circumvent the E rule.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Then ask people to replace themselves with an alt not containing "E".
-Hectic
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 580, Zenith wrote:Well, you sort of fell into a trap, but I'm an E of my word and won't seek your lynch today because I can probably sort you tonight, and if you really are town we are likely to need all the help we can get.
What trap did I fall for?
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Zenith I think you should use your ability as a parity cop. Two birds one stone. Much more efficient.

Since you can’t use E “Can individual, occupying slot four, win with individual, occupying slot six?”

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”