Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Hectic »

Though I would LOVE to show some of the people here the TRUE nature of this world, we have a wealth of information from yesterday to push home 3 more SPAREs on town. Ugh.
Replica and Chara are good places to start. Chara's late posting yesterday was very townie, and I'm particularly townreading her for how she townread us due to her logic of us "being annoyed at telling Sujimichi to not hammer and openly admitting that", it feels like one of the more genuine reasons to townread us I've seen this game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Hectic »

the discovery of the Sujimichi "towntell", and I connect with his outrage on others pushing uncertain scumreads over SPARING what they were admitting was a near IC. Psyche, why do you townread Nacho?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Hectic »

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Amrun »

I hate sparing. The only good and true info we got out of it is that Sherlock was town, which of course scum took advantage of. But I want to re-read some things and see if I can glean anything.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

napstablook here...
are you the one who kept knocking on my door...?
but now that we've SPARED 1... i think we have to go for all 4...
the bonus of 1 alone looks more like a drawback to me...
and stopping on 3 isn't great because associations won't be as useful with a mafia dead because of the decreased scumhunting this game... and they get to kill 2 players of course...
we go for the win...
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by Chara »

sparing only 1 may as well be sparing 0.
i don't know if only spares is sustainable, as much as i feel more confident in townreads. i wonder if keeping locktown reads close to the chest is a good idea or not.

disagree that the rewards besides 1 are bad. i believe this game was built on a design principle involving player choice (based on the design thread), so i think the best option depends on the list. and yes, i know what the numbers say.

Amrun: i understand the significance of the lynch information, even if i don't think i usually capitalize on it the right way.
i like keeping fighting as an option. i think it will be healthier for the gamestate as a whole.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Chara »

HEAL: Hectic

HURT: Farkran

Hectic, do you have any scumreads?

i also don't think we have enough yet. at least not a tight enough PoE that i'm willing to bet the game on it. more from alimdia/Nacho/Chemist slots would be good.

but i'm pretty confident about being able to reliably find town in the right environment. i just think it will be ruined or at least skewed if we collectively decide to only spare. i was thinking about playing this like coalition, but that was a game that i ended up being confident in exactly 0 townreads in due to the way it was set up.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Chara »

also going to reread end of day 1 because i read it but didn't retain most of it.
and an aside: collectively i would like to thank everyone for keeping the postcount below 40 by day 2.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

hey if we can get a good scumread i'd be happy to lynch but i'm not lynching a nullread because information
Replica
Replica
Goon
Replica
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Replica »

In post 909, Farkran wrote:Why is anyone townreading this again? There are 2 people who have explicitly said they would speak before deadline, and at least 4 more people who are fine with spare-hammering the currently L-2 Sujimichi. Including me.
Nacho was the one we were waiting on and given that he's apparently in Chicago it was obvious his catchup wasn't coming as he promised, given that it was 4 AM. That was fine, there was a lot of ground to cover and he's obviously been busy, but it wasn't happening. You're in Italy and had plenty of time before the people I was looking to hammer got up (as mentioned, at 7/8 AM)

It takes exactly one missed deadline before you promise to fucking never do that again.

Instinct is to look to Hectic/Chara for the spare, both are reads I'm really desperate to nail down instead of relying on "They're playing consistently" or "Had a really good interaction" respectively.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

Bingle replaces alimdia effective immediately
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:04 am

Post by Psyche »

I think the easiest spare is Hectic for the same reasons he was the top spare candidate before Suji's slip.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Farkran »

I'm back. First of all, i apologize for my end of d1 behavior, i know i have been a bit unpleasant. I tend to get passionate towards day ends where town is mostly undecided about the day resolution, and if i believe i found scum there's pretty much no way of shutting me up.

That said, during the night i took my time to reread the game with specific focus on the players who pinged me the most after i replaced in: Chara, Hectic, Replica, Psyche, Amrun and Chemist. This order is not random, although i decided it after reading what has been said in d2 as well - i'll explain myself in a second.

First of all, i cross-examined Replica ISO with Chara and Hectic, as those 3 sounded the most weird lately.

Spoiler: Chara/Hectic/Replica
In post 275, Replica wrote:Second, some thoughts on Chara:
In post 204, Chara wrote:
In post 194, Sujimichi wrote:Thank you. Aside from the slot I replaced, I was not able to see anything; however, I will re-read Hectic's post with a focus on removing his jest from his points.
your repeated thanks is making it hard to want to fight you... stop that.
I really struggle to see the motivation behind things like this. Saying "Stop doing X, X makes me not want to lynch/scumread you" comes off to me as always two-timing. It's at once facetiously giving advice to the speaker's scumread, while also imploring that the thing they're doing is at least helping their case, if not an outright towntell to the speaker. If it's a towntell you want to wait and see it develop more fully on its own, without intervening. If they're still a scumread telling them to stop towntelling/making them doubt it is absurd. "Not as eager to lynch" isn't quite equivalent to towntelling, but you get the gist.

Bluntly, to me statements like this come off as aiming to subversively ingratiate yourself with the subject.
In post 118, Chara wrote:
In post 108, Nachomamma8 wrote:Artist who formerly was not Chara, a towncore is nothing if not tested. Games with limited flips are decidedly anti-town. Please don't get lured to the "we find town and we win! easy game!" siren call.
while i prefer townhunting, i don't believe that makes this "easy". you do make a good point i hadn't fully considered, in that only sparing our supposed friends leaves the possibility that they are not so loyal as they appear, with no way of knowing the truth.
After being gungho for townhunting, Chara gets reined in by the revelation that...the townreads might be wrong. No flips does indeed complicate things, but this is so bizarre to not even think about. Chara had to have done at least some thinking given that they leaped to classifying it as a townhunting setup. On the surface this is seems slightly scummy, more just bizarre, but I feel like there's more in my gut that I can't quite get to.

Finally, more abstractly, Chara's way of interacting with the posting gimmicks bothers me. The others use their gimmicks to push game-related points. Some people have complained about them, others are indifferent. Chara in general has been pretty eager to roll with them-commenting a lot on the skeletons, the flowers, Hectic misspelling something in one of the pictures, etc.-but significantly less about the content. #193, well after they've been interacting with Chara all game, is the first time it notes that there is plenty of content from Hectic...which is really surprising for someone who regularly read Hectic's posts and interacted with them.
Here Replica introduces himself with a slight scumlean of Chara, on the account of "ingratiating with Sujimichi" - as if Replica knew beforehand suji was town, but wanted to distance from Chara. He also points out how Chara and Hectic are interacting weirdly in the second part of this post.
In post 300, Replica wrote:
In post 292, alimdia wrote:Regarding
Replica
, I would reserve comment until they respond to Amrun's question.
When you address this, do you mind including where you were at before the answer, and what you were hoping for/received specifically from the response as you think relevant?

I set out for tonight with a goal to get a townread and a heal vote down to match, as productive as poking at things I don't like about Nacho/Chara is that's only half the game right now (Though Nacho or Amrun might argue it's more). I remembered really liking Chemist and so skimmed them again. I liked #27 being pretty enthusiastic about Hectic, the impatience lining up well with the rest of Chemist's play, and #29's reaction to Billy's meta was solid. The middle parts are lackluster, and then the Heal vote on Asreel in #62 confuses me: A light instinct to TR Asreel is fine,
but switching the heal vote from Hectic seemed wack

HEAL: Hectic There's a chance this stays but it's the best I can see without reading more, especially given the votes already on it. I need to sleep for now, hopefully can revisit specific players and reads more clearly tomorrow now that I'm caught up and have answered all the questions I see.

HURT: popsofctown, removing a vote placed by my predecessor. I might use it for reads if I feel it'll be illustrative, but I'd be surprised if I placed a hurt vote the rest of the day unless absolutely required to hammer.
Furthering the scumlean on Chara, while at the same time hard townreading Hectic. Look at the bolded part and tell me if a soft chainsaw defense of Hectic makes sense
at this point in time
, when Replica had just argued with Chara for their interactions, and that gimmicking is not a good reason to townread Hectic slot. Then Replica outright HEALS Hectic, with reservations because of the amount of votes, and NEVER removes that votes for the entire game until Sujimichi happened. KEEP THIS IN MIND¹.
In post 337, Chara wrote: and besides that, even if i don't know if i agree with what they think is best, because we aren't playing math here but mafia (as they said themself)
Here Chara pretty much agrees with
literally the same thing
i will say later in my argument against Replica. KEEP THIS IN MIND².
In post 380, Chara wrote:townreads are my strong suite more than anything.
i've been thinking about this while i've been working.

what
is
the main thrust of your Hectic read, Nacho? i agree he's towny, in that he is engaging with the game and giving reads that make sense,
but i don't know if that's worthy of an absolute locktown read

i know we only have a day left, which is unfortunate, but in terms of spare targets i am most sure of, it would be Replica more than anything.

HEAL: Replica
there's the style to the posting (something that i believe is inherent to Replica, which is not AI in and of itself) first of all, which rings honest. i'm not explaining it well but i think it's something that's really difficult to fake, the way that Replica has essentially introduced themself and their methodology and then proceeded to apply it in a way that does not seem performative.
i kind of don't want to know who they are but i can't help wondering anyway.

Hectic isn't a bad spare either, but i am curious what makes him so locktown to you.
Chara HEALS Replica here, switching its vote on Hectic, in a gamestate where Hectic was L-1 from a spare hammer and had intent from Suji. Look at the bolded though: Chara is not strong on townreading Hectic at this point, whereas Replica is its highest townread.
In post 392, Hectic wrote:
In post 380, Chara wrote: there's the style to the posting (something that i believe is inherent to Replica, which is not AI in and of itself) first of all, which rings honest. i'm not explaining it well but i think it's something that's really difficult to fake, the way that Replica has essentially introduced themself and their methodology and then proceeded to apply it in a way that does not seem performative.
i kind of don't want to know who they are but i can't help wondering anyway.
you there.
they've been consistently open-minded and transparent.
only weird thing is i didn't agree with either of the assessments in .
the first looks like a fluff post not relevant to alignment.
the second is something others also expressed in-thread.
many didn't realise that SPARING means no flips = no information.
but then their thoughts on Asriel or Sherlock in are very reasonable.
and this is similar across their ISO like in their interactions with Nacho.
willing to SPARE this pal too.
Hectic willing to spare Replica. Why? Never voted for him though.
In post 494, Replica wrote:I disagree with the conclusion of Farkran's #444, I buy most of Sujimichi's #420 in explaining their reaction. I do think #456 is a bit delusional about the divorce bit, but I come out of this still liking Sujimichi over others. It might be helpful to try to order people somewhat; I'll try and circle back to that in a bit. Their mention of town Sujimichi also makes me want to go back and read them.

For multiple reasons Sujimichi is very low on my list to lynch.
First: Willingness to hammer the spare
. Second: Their playstyle strongly hints to me that we have to look for voting/pushing patterns over tone. Farkran's started to delve into the latter,
but this is not my pick for the day.

P-Edit: The "I do not respond to pressure" is again failing to recognize their own limits I think, which is a shame. That's a liability for us, but it's also a big liability for them as a player more broadly.
Replica trying again to pocket Suji - note this was before Sherlock pointed out the townslip, and therefore before Suji's FN claim as well. Look at the bolded: first reason to townread suji is
sparing Hectic
. Also Replica was nullreading me at the time.
In post 500, Replica wrote:Rough ordering of players for me, scum to town. More because it's a good thought exercise to challenge me with than anything else:

Scum
-------
Nacho
Chara

Chemist
Psyche
Amrun
Sujimichi
Hectic
Farkran

Alimdia
Sherlock
-------
Town

The bottom is a weak cluster of townleans, the only one I'd call a real scumlean is Nacho, Chara I'm still skeptical of but not to the point I'd lynch them anytime soon. I was neutral on almost all of his posting this game but that Chemist read was absolutely awful. I also read a bit of the original Undertale before bed last night hoping to see more on his spare opinions, which were consistent with this game, but I wound up being struck by the difference in tone. I'd need to go further in and a 1 game sample size isn't great, but for now that read on Chemist is so singularly terrible that I really would shed no tears for him.

I know I didn't like something from Chara
last night, will try to find it but might not get to it before I go for the night.
Readlist from Replica speaks for itself. It's scum to the top, town to the bottom, for those who are used to the other way around. Post explains the bit about Chara.
In post 506, Hectic wrote:not really feeling up to this but i checked farkran...
like him as well so wouldn't FIGHT there today...

agree with some of his recent thoughts...
only person am semi confident in fighting is chara for now...
will leave it as an option but would still prefer to SPARE...
psyche slot is nullscum...

HURT: Chara
Hectic scumreading Chara at this point. Townleans me, nullscums Psyche.
In post 561, Chara wrote:HURT: pops

Farkran: i explained my Hectic spare when i gave the summary, i believe. early game he was towny and engaging.

the decision to delay his own spare is really the sticking point. there's really no reason for scum to not spare themselves there, and given where the gamestate was at at the time, scum Hectic being afraid of asking to be spared doesn't seem right either. i can't really see him as scum besides, and the regret at not hammering his own spare was something i didn't like upon seeing it, but i really doubt scum decides to lament that when we've gotten a much more fulfilling day out if it, in my opinion.

going to look at the count before i do anything as i don't want to end the day yet.
Chara still strongly townread hectic, providing reasons - except, look at my reply to its post 380, several lines above this. All the reasons stated by Chara in 561 were already present at the point in time of 380. Still, Chara is healing Replica now.
In post 570, Chara wrote:i'm still reading but:
really very town: Hectic, Replica
townish: Chemist, Sujimichi, Amrun
leftovers: alimdia, Psyche, Sherlock, Nacho
scum?: Farkran
Now Hectic is back in the top townreads, and i suddenly fell to the bottom. I was townleaning Chara at this point, Replica and Hectic were nulltown ().
In post 607, Replica wrote: HEAL: popsofctown this one's not just an unvote, it's really for you, the MVP for all the work you put into running this and for letting me replace in.
HEAL: Hectic but ONLY FOR A SECOND WE STILL ON THE SPARE TRAIN CHOO CHOO
Remember my keep in mind note ¹? The train of votes on Hectic suddenly turned from a reservation to a bonus reason to heal there.

Roughly at this point, Sujimichi townslip was pointed out, and shortly later the long and passionate exchange between me and Replica happened.
In post 724, Hectic wrote:HURT: unvote
i may have been wrong about Chara...
but i am a little suspicious...
i'm still hiding from her after we started playing hide and seek and she still hasn't found me...
maybe scum-indicative...?
Hectic reconsiders his scumread of Chara, but still scumleans it.
In post 816, Chara wrote:
In post 813, Farkran wrote:More gratuitous shade - there is nothing in my theory that i haven't been explaining solidly and properly, even if you believe i am wrong. Resorting to omgus-fossing when you are out of arguments is not the correct move.
HURT: Farkran

the solidity of your theory or the consistency of your explanation has little to do with your towniness. it does have everything to do with scum who try to be correct in order to avoid being caught in a contradiction.

it also doesn't make any sense if you scumread Replica to word it this way. it's like you're saying if town Replica should find your argument sound, when the point of what you're saying is that they're scum.
that's not quite exactly what i mean but i hope it comes across.
Chara starts scumreading me for my push on Replica and nothing else.
In post 848, Chara wrote:i think Farkran is scum for reasons besides disagreeing about optimal strategy.
I would be very curious to hear these now, since you are already fighting me in d2 when i argued against Replica
for the exact same reasons you pointed out in my note ²
In post 887, Replica wrote:Where I'm at is Sujimichi/Sherlock/Chara town, good chance of Hectic and then Alim being in there, Chemist/Amrun next up, then Farkrun/Psyche/Nacho holding the scum.
At the end of day 1, both Chara and Replica are scumreading me, whereas they are townreading themselves and Hectic. This is pretty much a very convoluted omgus/chainsaw defense, there are no other reasons to scumread me at this point - none of Asriel ISO has been used for a scumcase, which would have been something i would agree with - but i specifically asked if they scumread Farkran because of Farkran, and they said they do.
In post 925, Hectic wrote: Though I would LOVE to show some of the people here the TRUE nature of this world, we have a wealth of information from yesterday to push home 3 more SPAREs on town. Ugh.
Replica and Chara are good places to start. Chara's late posting yesterday was very townie
Last but not least, this. Wow.

Conclusions: i am shipping a very plausible solve of 2 scum in {Chara, Hectic, Replica}. One of those three is being HEAVILY POCKETED and
SHOULD READ THIS POST CAREFULLY
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Farkran »

Forgive me for the wallpost, but i really suggest that you read it.

I will come back for my analysis of Psyche, Amrun and Chemist later - there's a lot to say there too, slightly weaker reasons but if i am wrong on the first three, Psyche is almost certainly scum with Hectic.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:11 am

Post by Farkran »

HURT: Hectic
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

morning

I’ll read your wallpost in a bit Fark
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Hectic »

because they change their minds/have progression on each other?
why does me being suspicious of Chara and then warming up to her again towards the end of the day make me a loser with her?
i don't really get it pal.
and then you highlight Chara changing her opinion on me between and where she grows more confident on me.
but that's 200 posts apart and she gives reasons prior for the change so again why is that progression loserish?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 931, Chara wrote:Hectic, do you have any scumreads?
good to see you again pal.
Farkran, Amrun, Alimdia have most potential to be losers.
none of these are confident but Farkran sits comfortably at the top.
but if he's a loser his strategy today is particularly bold to come out and attack most of the townreads of the town.
it's either a desperate strategy by a loser to derail the SPARE train because it's only got town or genuine thoughts of someone who really does just hate SPARING and doesn't get the value.
i think he's a loser at the moment, combined with him calling Sujimichi an IC and then not answering my question until I repeated it 4 times about why he would FIGHT someone's he not confident on over SPARING someone he considers an IC.
also Chemist actually particularly in how i feel his townread on me this game has been more of a "let's townread him because everyone else is" since i haven't see any reasons for it. would love to hear why, Chemist.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Hectic »

Replica, could I hear why your read on Chara changed from 2nd highest loserread to strong town?
curious to hear your progression on it.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 941, Hectic wrote:Image
because they change their minds/have progression on each other?
why does me being suspicious of Chara and then warming up to her again towards the end of the day make me a loser with her?
i don't really get it pal.
and then you highlight
Chara changing her opinion on me between and where she grows more confident on me.
but that's 200 posts apart
and she gives reasons prior for the change so again why is that progression loserish?
Not because they have progression per se, but because that progression is heavily biased. If you read my post carefully - and you should go read their ISO to fill the gaps - you cannot fail to notice what i mean. The positions where Chara, Replica and Hectic are placed by their counterparts are not the result of reconsidering. There is nothing in-between my quoted posts that justifies the high jumps in their readlists.

WRT the bolded, i think that proves my point rather than disproving it. Chara unvoted you in favor of Replica in post 380: you were L-1 from a spare, with intent from sujimichi. Why did Chara unvote you at all stating you aren't as towny as you were before, when then it explicity says you are back at the top of its townreads in 570 - HOWEVER still refuses to vote for your spare? Note that this is well before the sujimichi townslip (and therefore the claim). I can only think of two reasons for this if i assume scum!chara: distancing from scum!hectic, or not wanting to spare town!hectic. Then, however, Hectic starts scumreading Chara because of that move, only to reconsider it later when Chara comes back to townreading Hectic.

Today, Hectic is townreading Chara enough to place it in his spare pool, and is scumreading me because i am scumreading him. This is not progression, it's literally a very convoluted omgus/chainsaw defense. The only reasons both of you have to townread each other -and scumread me- are because we changed our opinion on you. There is absolutely no other reasons to change your reads other than WE changed our reads. Unfortunately this also applies to Replica, who was scumreading Chara and then reconsiders it exactly when Chara starts scumreading me because i was scumreading Replica, but technically Replica is the most consistent here, so if i had to choose 2 scum and 1 town out of the trio, the town would be Replica. Though, Replica is still a scumread of mine and i could be wrong on either Hectic or Chara - however, it's a given that your interactions do not make sense as a genuine townbloc.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Farkran »

Perhaps it would be more understandable as a detailed timeline:

1) Chara townreads Hectic because of Hectic content
2) Hectic reaches Spare-1, Chara unvotes and states Hectic is not towny enough
3) Hectic scumreads Chara because of point 2
4) Chara puts back Hectic in its top townreads
5) Hectic unvotes Chara but is still suspicious of it
6) I scumread Replica
7) Chara scumreads me because i scumread Replica
8) Replica townreads Chara because it scumreads me
-d2 happens-
8) Hectic now townreads Chara for no reason at all
9) Hectic now scumreads me because i scumread him
10) Suddenly, Hectic, Chara and Replica formed a townbloc of their own
literally just because of how the players involved are reading themselves
whereas i am pushed as a scumread because i scumread them.

Just no.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 942, Hectic wrote: i think he's a loser at the moment, combined with him calling Sujimichi an IC and then not answering my question until I repeated it 4 times about why he would FIGHT someone's he not confident on over SPARING someone he considers an IC.
And for the record this is an immense misrep, because i answered it in post , directly quoting your posts and explicitly saying i was not ignoring you. It feels weird that you didn't notice it if you were so interested in my answer - anyways, my answer was detailed and correct. Plus, i said at least a million times that i do not care about the sparing route at all because fighting 2 scum is always strictly better than sparing 4 town, and any scenario in-between is just a waste of time.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Chara »

In post 945, Farkran wrote:Perhaps it would be more understandable as a detailed timeline:

6) I scumread Replica
-d2 happens-

Just no.
i don't know where to start with this. i voted Replica when i did because they were my best townread at the time, and we ended up having more time in the day so i left the vote there.

i asked Nacho about the Hectic locktown read because i wanted to know why it was lock, as opposed to a good townread (i was always townreading Hectic).

i didn't scumread you for your Replica scumread, that's a ridiculous oversimplification. i scumread you for your approach and the way you, ironically considering this push, focus on contradictions over any sign of looking for a deeper understanding.

point 8 (the first one) is the most egregious. Replica stated quite plainly that the TR was from my response to Amrun and Replica's argument. you were not involved at all.

Hectic
also
plainly said he townread me for my posting around the end of day.

i'm usually the one calling out misuses of the term misrep, which is thrown around far too often when the cause is usually a misunderstanding, but there is no way to quantify this other as a blatant misrepresentation of the entire progression and the situation.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Chara »

In post 945, Farkran wrote:Perhaps it would be more understandable as a detailed timeline:

6) I scumread Replica
-d2 happens-

Just no.
i don't know where to start with this. i voted Replica when i did because they were my best townread at the time, and we ended up having more time in the day so i left the vote there.

i asked Nacho about the Hectic locktown read because i wanted to know why it was lock, as opposed to a good townread (i was always townreading Hectic).

i didn't scumread you for your Replica scumread, that's a ridiculous oversimplification. i scumread you for your approach and the way you, ironically considering this push, focus on contradictions over any sign of looking for a deeper understanding.

point 8 (the first one) is the most egregious. Replica stated quite plainly that the TR was from my response to Amrun and Replica's argument. you were not involved at all.

Hectic
also
plainly said he townread me for my posting around the end of day.

i'm usually the one calling out misuses of the term misrep, which is thrown around far too often when the cause is usually a misunderstanding, but there is no way to quantify this other as a blatant misrepresentation of the entire progression and the situation.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Chara »

sorry for the double post above.
In post 942, Hectic wrote:
In post 931, Chara wrote:Hectic, do you have any scumreads?
good to see you again pal.
Farkran, Amrun, Alimdia have most potential to be losers.
none of these are confident but Farkran sits comfortably at the top.
but if he's a loser his strategy today is particularly bold to come out and attack most of the townreads of the town.
it's either a desperate strategy by a loser to derail the SPARE train because it's only got town or genuine thoughts of someone who really does just hate SPARING and doesn't get the value.
i think he's a loser at the moment, combined with him calling Sujimichi an IC and then not answering my question until I repeated it 4 times about why he would FIGHT someone's he not confident on over SPARING someone he considers an IC.
also Chemist actually particularly in how i feel his townread on me this game has been more of a "let's townread him because everyone else is" since i haven't see any reasons for it. would love to hear why, Chemist.
it's true it's a weird tactic to take as scum, but i can't imagine town thinking this way. for me it has less to do with the spare vs. fight discussion and more that his points neglect looking for reasons for the progression, and miss (or outright omit) obvious things. i thought it might be a playstyle issue yesterday, and i did feel like i had genuinely confused Farkran, but i'm not seeing any sign of that here.

i TR Amrun, it's not lock but i've come around on her, particularly in her interactions with Sujimichi. why do you scumread her?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”