Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Mashterstroke
10/10/20 Malkon05 kloud1516 Survivor: Power v Courage v Wisdom At final 5, kloud found himself vulnerable for the first time in the entire re-merge (that's a whole other thing). He was not immune after having been blocked from participating in the challenge due to a power. Now, kloud had an unplayed "safety without power" item that would have guaranteed him final 4, however at that point he was viewed to have been getting to that point by an unprecedented number of immunity wins in a survivor game, and he was keenly aware it was perceived that way. He needed something that would give him some clout at a FTC, and so he decided to go for a gamble. Rather than play his advantage, be safe, and have no social game, he crafted a very clever lie about saying he was going to play it. Instead, he turned the vote in a direction that was beneficial to his game. Rather than keep him honest and call him on his bluff, the rest of the players followed this plan as given and instead of voting out "the threat" kloud and risk him playing his advantage, another player went home instead. Everyone both in and out of game sat there in disbelief as kloud survived a round without needing to play his advantage and wondering why people didn't just keep him honest. This gave him some major talking points at the FTC when he got there, one juror even asking "how the hell did you survive without playing your advantage?" Although Kloud did not win, the vote was extremely close and this particular move made everyone's jury vote that much harder to decide.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Malkon05 »

But it wasn't needed as Epona would have gone home even without those advantages.

He had "send someone to exile" which is what was used on Epona via the Ice Arrow. The other item was during the swapped tribe which was "Safety Without Power" which was unused. Epona's half-idol would not have nullified enough votes to save them.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Let's just chalk it up to it was a game, kloud played the round well with a bit of a bluff :D
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Best Mish Mash Newbie
December 7th, 2020 Malkon05 tris N/A tris has had one of the most positive projection arcs of any newbie in Mish Mash's history. From having been rejected from their first game only to turn around and be an amazingly active spectator, to getting cast and not making merge, to making jury, and to making essentially back to back FTCs in KYE and Flash Mob and nearly winning her second time there. It's been incredible to watch this individual grow throughout the course of their survivor career...which started this year! There are people who have been playing for years and not achieved the wide range of accomplishments that tris has in the course of a year. On top of that they are active in the discord and play mish mash games from time to time. In my humble opinion, tris is probably one of my favorite people I've had the pleasure of getting to know on this site and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for her. I think she's done so much and been so active in the last year that this nomination I didn't even think twice about. It is my distinct honor and pleasure to nominate tris as Newbie of the Year as I think she truly has earned this and been a beacon of positivity in a crazy time.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #46 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Smash Mouth
December 7th, 2020 Malkon05 OhGodMyLife N/A OGML is kind of the Rob Cesternino of anonymous games. I would consider him the best to never win. Now he did win a Survivormeet some years back, but he's just had a run of close but not quites in the world of MS anonymous games. That being said he has a record, especially this year, that is to die for. Even though RPG was a game from last year, it was one of the last 4 anonymous games and it starts an incredible year for OGML. He started off in RPG in a 2 way tie for 2nd missing a win by one vote. This almost seemed to propel him to get the big W as the next three games he played he finished 5th, then 3rd twice. I don't know many people who have that kind of year in anonymous games on MS. The fact of the matter is that OGML is simply one of the best. He digs deep to make stuff happen, he works hard in every game he plays, he's usually someone who puts on a great persona that people cheer for, and he's very convincing and good at what he does. It was heartbreaking to see him miss out on the FTC twice this year, getting cut at the last possible moment twice. Both of those games he was favored to win. In spite of this, OGML's reputation as an amazing survivor player precedes him with several years of doing incredible. This year is no different, and I'd argue one of his best years on record for the sheer number of deep runs he has, and none of these are accidental. He's truly incredible and I love watching him play. It is my honor to get to nominate him for player of the year based on his incredible record, which now includes best placement by a replacement in any MS game.
Last edited by Malkon05 on Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Ari gonna make me cry over here <3 u!!