Best Role Ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Best Role Ideas?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Twomz »

Like worst role ideas, except good.

You are the
Roid Rage SK
. Each night you may chose to kill another player. Because of your impressive physique you can easily take on two other dudes at once, so in order to be nightkilled or lynched it takes at least 3 people working together (3 killing roles have to target him to kill him at night). You win by being the last person left alive (you endgame at 3 players instead of 2).

If there was another attempt at this thread, I apologize... I don't remember seeing one.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Twomz »

Gravedigger/Undertaker - Seen targeting dead player(s) each night. Original credit goes to Trojan Horse ;).

Funny version - Necrophiliac - seen targeting person killed LAST night every night.

I like the DNA cop. It has a slow start, but can determine multiple kills in one night if the situation is right. Can also get a good map of the game later on. Although it is more of a big game role, since mini's might not get past 4/5 nights where the role would really take off (1 or 2 bodies and a bunch of suspects).
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Twomz »

Gravedigger is told about the targeting... undertaker thinks he's really a pro wrestler ;)
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Twomz »

Once the sidekick finds the role he's looking for he should be able to bodyguard it imo.

Really messed up if the setup is...

1 GF
1 mafia doc
1 mafia role cop
1 mafia roleblocker

1 cop
1 doc
1 trainee (cop finder)
1 intern (doc finder)
1 deputy
1 nurse
2 townie

Deputy doesn't count as cop until A cop dies, and the mafia cop counts as a cop (same with docs/nurses).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #40 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Twomz »

Suicidal Killer

Each night you may kill another player. You win when you are lynched or nightkilled. You do not count as a member of the town for endgame purposes.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Twomz »

You are the
Mafia Sabotager
. Each night you do not preform the kill you may send me the name of a player. You will sabotage that players ability if they have one. For example you will plant fake evidence at the scene if you target the cop, switching the result of their investigation; you will switch the medication in the doctors needles, making them kill their patient; you will put blank rounds in a vigilantes gun making their target run away and hide (roleblock) rather than kill them. Your role has no effect on townies. You win with your partners <Bob> and <Billy Bob> when you equal or exceed the number of nonmafia players in the game.

You are
Rambo
. You are aligned with the town. On one night of your choosing in the game, you may send me a list with any number of players on it and they will all die (unless protected or whatever). The town loses if you are the last player alive. And if you kill more protown players than scum, you commit suicide.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #429 (isolation #6) » Wed May 05, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Twomz »

Insane vig kinda reminds me of CPR doc.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #477 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:04 am

Post by Twomz »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gregory_house

I don't the magical man/suitcase is quite balanced, unless the MM can be scum or something. The idea of one person controlling what power is used and the other who it is used on is a good one though.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #479 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Twomz »

Arg, now I keep trying to think of different ways to do two players, one controlling targets the other what ability to use.

Not allowing them to talk at night balances it out a lot and makes it funner if one or both is mafia. Maybe a once a game ability split between the two where they're both told what the other chose and one can change (the one who used it I guess).

I'd think that after one dies the other 'loses' his power, so you'd be able to give them more power (besides the randomness of it, it also requires to people to be alive) so maybe a 'spell list' of: Disintegrate (destroys even if protected), Fireball (kills the target and anyone who targets them besides pair), Circle of healing (doc protects target and anyone who targets them besides pair), Chains of Ice (roleblocks target and doc protects them).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #483 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Twomz »

These betrayal thoughts got me thinking of skulls and angels. Premise would be each player would choose either skull or angel. If everyone chooses angel, everyone gets some bonus. If one person chooses skull, he gets a really big benefit and everyone else gets some smaller bonus. If two choose skull, they get a big benefit and everyone else gets a really small bonus. If three choose skull, those three get a bonus, but no one else does. If 4 or more choose skull, no one gets anything.

Don't know how to make it a role, unless a role gets it as a one shot.

PS: Ways to make it non retarded if 3 are alive?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #490 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Twomz »

Revised Jester

<name>, you are a
Revised Jester
. You used to be a serial killer back when you were young, and you were pretty good at it. So good you've never been caught. But you are old now and some of your handy work has begun to surface. You feel like the best way to end it is to get the public to finish the job for you. Your win condition is to be lynched by the town, you cannot self hammer but can be on your own lynch.

To assist you in meeting this goal you have two powers.
Kill: At night you may send me the name of a player you want to kill and you will attempt to kill them with your trusty knife.

Investigation Magnet: Because of recent discovers by the police, investigation results on you will be 'Guilty'.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #493 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Twomz »

Eh, just trying to give the jester something to actually do besides act scummy during the day. Being able to take out people who might be ahead of him in the lynch lineup or whatever was the only really thing I thought a jester could use (investigation and nonself doc protection don't really fit). And in a game with vigs, he might have to hope to be just scummy enough to get a cop to investigate him, but not scummy enough to attract a vig.

I understand that jester/cult/lyncher are normally bad roles, but I was thinking 3rd parties should have access to more power than the informed minority or uninformed majority, who get to pool their resources (or try to at least).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #495 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Twomz »

So a scum who can't have the kill who turns as town? Also, what if all the mafia are killed? Or he is NKed?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #500 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Twomz »

Akira wrote:
Twomz wrote:So a scum who can't have the kill who turns as town? Also, what if all the mafia are killed? Or he is NKed?
No, a scum who doesn't need to be lynched for town to win.

"What if all the mafia are killed?". What do you think? Town wins, that's what. :wink:
And why would scum NK him anyway?
I meant more the 'mislynch' part, which means he turns town correct? So if all the other mafia are killed, he loses. I get that. But, the NK was in reference to a vig/SK kill... I guess it fulfills his objective of drawing attention away from mafia...

So, he's almost a 'mafia jester'?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #545 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by Twomz »

1) This is best role ideas thread, worst role ideas is further down the page.

2) @ furcolow: So, when one person gets 'lynched' there is a revote between him and another player of all the people on the wagon... where both of them are guaranteed to be townie? Lawl, sucks for the town.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #548 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ Pokerface: I dunno about that, would it be open or closed? Also I think it'd be hard to balance.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #551 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Twomz »

Ok, if we're going to do a 'best role mafia' we need an idea of how large...

Mini (12)
3 mafia, 1 SK, 8 town

Regular (17)
3 mafia, 3 mafia, 1 SK, 10 town

Extra Large (24)
4 mafia, 4 mafia, 1 SK, 1 SK, 14 town

Gonna go look for some investagation/protection/killing roles in the thread...

List of possible roles: (Will probably have normal cop, doc and a couple of other standard roles)
DNA Cop (Can search bodies for DNA evidence the night after they die, or compare DNA collected against a player).
Sidekick (Picks cop, doc, vig or RBer before game starts and searches for them (may be more than one or none of the roles. If he finds the role he's looking for and that player dies, he inherits the role, this goes through alignment).
Leech Doctor (Can give a target leeches, if that player is targeted they are saved by the leeches. Regardless the next day it will be announced that it takes one less vote to lynch that player).

Saw a couple of others, will probably continue to repost them until I get a good list going >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #570 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:30 am

Post by Twomz »

Just change vote every post until people started suggesting it was a post restriction or something.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #608 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 am

Post by Twomz »

There are X vanilla townies.

The scum don't have a roleblocker.

There is no doctor in this setup.

There are exactly two 'mason' players and only one of them is town.

That kinda thing?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #613 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Twomz »

So, a game with two scum groups and they have to try to eliminate the extra guy?

Wouldn't they just claim day 1, and whoever is in both gets killed?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #616 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Twomz »

Depends on the game makeup, it can have more than half the players be scum, and the way it was worded made it seem like x scum on team a, x scum on team b and there's a player c who's on both teams... and that's the whole of the setup.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #662 (isolation #21) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by Twomz »

Dark Horse wrote:
Cautious Vig:
Each night, you may select one person to kill. If that person is mafia, he/she is shot. If that person is town, however, they vig will not kill that person and can select someone else.

The Cautious Veg wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated.
So, vig picks targets til they hit scum?

I'd make it Scared Vig: You have a gun and can try to shoot a player every night. I just hope your target isn't too scary. (Mod note: Scary goons and Scary townies cannot be killed by the scared vig, but instead are told he attempted to target them that night).

That way alignment doesn't affect the vigkill as much and the vig has to be even more careful not to be seen.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #678 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Twomz »

Kublai Khan wrote:
petroleumjelly wrote:You are a
Mason with petroleumjelly
. If he is not actually in the game, feel free to talk to him anyways.
I still think that this is one of the best roles of the thread.
It would be even better if the role pm included PJ's email, cell number and any kind of steamid/aim/windows live account.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #686 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Twomz »

Usually it's either or, but not all games with a serial killer will have a cop (and the cop could give mafia/nonmafia anyway).

I'd say if there's a vig the SK gets NK immune, cop they get investigation immune and if there's both a cop and a vig then they are NK immune and the cop returns mafia/nonmafia or some other equivalent that lets the SK get a free pass.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”