Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Ircher »

+1 Disorganized Crime
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1806, Jingle wrote:Now, before you default to "Shut up, Jingle." or "You're an idiot, Jingle." or "Underwear go inside your pants, Jingle." this is at least an 80% serious nomination.

Nom RadiantCowbells for
Alien Ant Framer

Does RadiantCowbells need a new title? I think the answer to this is yes. Over the years, he's had several, and Smooth Criminal was arguably the most fitting. I'm not arguing a return to Smooth Criminal (he's good at scum, but I can't remember the last time he went an entire game without being wagoned out of paranoia at least once) and I'm not saying Solid Criminal is a bad shift over that as it fits the newbells better than smooth criminal does now. OTOH, Solid Criminal just doesn't feel special to Raybells in the way that it could. It's true, in that I'm fairly certain that Raybells is at least mostly solid and good at playing scum, but there are any number of solid scummers that play scum well. It's a title that fits, instead a special title. It also completely ignores that Raybells isn't good at scum at the expense of his other play.

So let's examine my suggestion:

Alien, in mafia terms, is a role that is very strong as both town and scum. In fact, in smaller games Alien makes sense as the majority (or even entirety) of the power for a game. Alien, as a faction, is a shorthand term for a scumteam that is so powerful that they need a significant nerf (a single nightkill per game). Both of these show the strength of the seal as both factions, a capability of shifting the game to win as either faction nigh singlehandedly.

Framer, similarly, is a role that is difficult to play well. You have to figure out how to get a cop to target your choice or accurately figure out that a cop will be investigating a town player. More importantly to the title though, when applied correctly, Framer can get a lynch on even the strongest town player when it would normally be nigh impossible. This is a clear reference to RC's ability to push through lynches through sheer force of personality. It doesn't hurt that Raybells has been known to fake a guilty to get a lynch from time to time (and isn't that exactly what a Framer does, mechanically?).

Ant, here is a reference to the ability of ants to lift weights much larger than their own, and also the propensity of some ants to scream at you while suicide bombing out of trees. Actually, no it isn't, but I needed to include it for the pun so it stays.

The core of this title, however, is much simpler. Alien Ant Farm sings the song Smooth Criminal. Smooth Criminal was RC's title for like, decades. This isn't a username pun. This isn't an avatar pun. This isn't even a behavioral pun. This, right here, is our chance to award a title that is a title pun. And it fits.
Would like to mention, this is a very solid nomination and it is nominations like this which're top-quality and are a good way to get a title to get through. Not many people are talking about it tho so I can't approve it yet without more people discussing it and whether they think it warrants the change and such.

On the note of a title with support though:
In post 1816, northsidegal wrote:
Disorganized Crime
would be a topical joke on the forum organization
I think this title is absolutely perfect given the nature of this..."event".

Less than sure zoraster will actually accept it, but I think that it's good enough to at least
propose
to him, so I'm giving this the 48 hour treatment:
(expired on 2020-02-17 22:00:24)
Speak now or forever hold your peace.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel like I would be confused if I was on the forum ~1-2 weeks and seemed to find out the top of the pyramid in proactive site administration is best understood as "disorganized crime".

I like love it as a title that was magically hidden from anyone onsite less than a year but that's not how they actually work.
OTOH saying the moderators who do the most work can't have a tongue-in-cheek title is pretty "no good deed goes unpunished".
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1827, popsofctown wrote:I feel like I would be confused if I was on the forum ~1-2 weeks and seemed to find out the top of the pyramid in proactive site administration is best understood as "disorganized crime".
thematically i would say that it's actually quite close to "consigliere" in terms of mafia-theming, even if consigliere might be more directly descriptive rather than referential
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 1827, popsofctown wrote:I feel like I would be confused if I was on the forum ~1-2 weeks and seemed to find out the top of the pyramid in proactive site administration is best understood as "disorganized crime".
for this reason i think "organized crime" is more apt

while the subforum thing is fresh in everyones head it will simply be ironic. which i think was ariels intention
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

nth Disorganized Crime
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:01 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1829, schadd_ wrote:
for this reason i think "organized crime" is more apt

while the subforum thing is fresh in everyones head it will simply be ironic. which i think was ariels intention
this is from inside my brain
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:04 am

Post by Psyche »

I think Organized Crime is more apt but that's why Disorganized Crime is so fantastic. It pokes fun and even people months down the line who don't know the origin of the title but are acquainted with zoraster's personality will still be able to grasp the joke.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Klick for Flash Forward
, rationale being that he is known for being very good at Flash games (and LSG challenges in general)

Spoiler:
In post 151, BROseidon wrote:Like specific people definitely have their strengths (Klick with flash games, me with anything very weird/novel, etc), but there is definitely a shortlist of "potential challenge beasts"
In post 65, Shadoweh wrote: I am not an unbiased person arguing this, of course. F3's are much more suited towards someone like me who can barely win challenges to save their life. It actually hits on another problem I have with F3 FICs on the forum which is immunity challenges are very often random and biased towards people like Klick or Drench who are good at flash games/have good reflexes. At least we've moved away from 24-48 hour endurance challenges..
In post 14, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 3, Mina wrote:after a few tries I would have been able to ace all the challenges, out-idolhunt Klick and Summer
I don't know about you but I'm confident that ten years of practice would not help me beat Klick at flash skiing >.> I'm also pretty sure I could know exactly where the idol is and those two would get it first
Shadoweh wrote:
In post 429, hiplop wrote:In addition i feel like the best ms players who often go far dont actually have the skill of surviving on a Tribe long term.
I don't think that's true, the best social players survive regardless of going to 21 TC's in a game. :P Making challenge strength more valued is an interesting idea though, I agree that right now no one cares about it. I mean, the main problem with challenge strength is you can't judge in advance, because no one's avatar has buff muscles and you can't ID Klick until a flash game comes up.
[8:45 PM] CrystalCats18: Games are fun! But I’m still scarred from the robot unicorn attack challenge
[8:45 PM] Panthaleon: Robot unicorn attack is that good shit
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: ALWAYYYYYYYYS
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: I WANNA BE WITH YOU
[8:45 PM] McMenno: That challenge should probably be retired at this point
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: And make believe with you
[8:45 PM] PrivateI: Give it its own jersey?
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: And live in harmony harmony oh yahhhhh
[8:45 PM] Iprobablysuck: i like Robot Unicorn Attack. I just keep the website on permanent mute in case it pops up in a game
[8:46 PM] CrystalCats18: Oh no I’ve found a glitch in the discord matrix :grimacing:
[8:46 PM] Panthaleon: I have that song on Spotify
[8:46 PM] McMenno: Lol I id'd klick in equestria because of that challenge as well
[8:46 PM] D3f is finally done modding: It’s a flash game, so generally the mentality with those is “all hail our lord and savior Klick”

[11:00 AM] Malkon05: I still want Klickvivor
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: where we all play a Klick character
[11:00 AM] hiplop: And it's all flash games?
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: im in
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: klickvivor with all flash games
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: where everyone is a different version of klick

[1:03 AM] Shadoweh: So when is Survivor: xofelf running
[1:04 AM] JDGA: right after the game we rig so that ani wins
[2:24 AM] McMenno: that child one would be easy to get, just keep throwing candy in front of the floats
[4:56 AM] D3f3nd3r: In all seriousness we are starting to have players with enough past games to have “everyone is X” games
[4:57 AM] D3f3nd3r: Everyone is Xof could actually happen
[4:58 AM] D3f3nd3r: Klick has 27 games
[4:59 AM] D3f3nd3r: I have 23
[4:59 AM] D3f3nd3r: Xof has 21
[5:01 AM] D3f3nd3r: “Everybody is Klick” would be fun, just make all of the challenges flash games and give everyone idols
[5:02 AM] BROseidon: oh god
[5:07 AM] D3f3nd3r: The mods would have to design lots of Idol hunts though
[5:07 AM] D3f3nd3r: And most of them would be to no avail because klicks would cheese them

[9:57 PM] Empire: i ruled out klick being kirby when he bombed the tribal flash game >_>
[9:57 PM] Empire: turns out he was on a touch pad
[9:57 PM] VashtaNeurotic: Yes
[9:58 PM] VashtaNeurotic: All of red knew that, but the result wasn't that much better than mine
[9:58 PM] VashtaNeurotic: also, how tf did I get third in a flash game against Shadow and Klick

[7:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: Ok, Survivor: A Quiet Place has been fully designed
[7:37 PM] Papa Zito: nice
[7:37 PM] D3f is finally done modding: If I’m as excited about this tomorrow as I am right now, it goes into signups tomorrow
[7:37 PM] racefan12: Is this the quiet place or the loud place?
[8:02 PM] Malkon05: wait
[8:02 PM] Malkon05: survivor a quiet place?
[8:02 PM] Malkon05: wuts that?
[8:03 PM] McMenno: no talking
[8:03 PM] Malkon05: h-how does that work?
[8:04 PM] D3f3nd3r: There are no PMs or other communication
[8:04 PM] D3f3nd3r: It’s essentially Solitary, but with the survivor structure of immunity challenges and tribal councils
[8:05 PM] D3f3nd3r: Anonymous so that people don’t just vote out Klick as soon as he loses a challenge
[8:09 PM] D3f3nd3r: It’s gonna be the best not-quite-Survivor Survivor this site has ever seen!

[2:56 PM] panthaleon: yeah klick winning the challenge saved his game
[2:56 PM] xofelf: yep
[2:56 PM] xofelf: 100%
[2:56 PM] McMenno: I mean that's what he does
[2:56 PM] McMenno: winning challenges
[2:56 PM] xofelf: and finding idols

[9:15 PM] skelda: I don't think my game is winnable though. I really really don't
[9:15 PM] skelda: I'm always going to need to win a challenge
[9:15 PM] Mina: Mine neither! :/
[9:15 PM] Mina: Yeah, your game would be amazing if you had Klick skills

[9:36 PM] Shrek: oh throwback to when i won immunity despite literally having it anyway and then giving the necklace to someone i just met in the exact same round
[9:37 PM] Shrek: AND THE TIME I BEAT KLICK BY TWO MINUTES TO GET FIRST AND AN ADVANTAGE
[9:37 PM] Shrek: BUT DROPPED OUT
[9:37 PM] D3f3nd3r: What’s a beating Klick
[9:38 PM] D3f3nd3r: Does not compute
[10:44 PM] Shrek: i would have come back in the tragedy challenge though
[10:44 PM] Fluminator: Not against my boy PEG
[10:44 PM] Shrek: nah id beat him
[10:44 PM] Shrek: if i can beat klick i can beat anyone

[5:24 PM] D3f3nf3r: You can go on a challenge run yeah
[5:24 PM] D3f3nd3r: But not everyone
[5:24 PM] D3f3nd3r: And it’s tough to be a good all around challenge competitor when youre unlucky enough to not be Klick
[5:25 PM] BROseidon: I beat Klick in a Civ idol challenge once
5:25 PM] skelda: I think socializing is more accessible to someone who is bad at it than challenges are to someone who's bad at them
[5:25 PM] Mina: He beat you in the other four!
[5:25 PM] Mina: *three

[2:36 PM] skelda: I definitely do think diversifying challenges so that more people can win them is probably a good thing though
[2:36 PM] McMenno: wow I'm so good at this
[2:36 PM] skelda: We should include Scattergories more often
[2:36 PM] Shadoweh: or at least different skillz
[2:36 PM] Shadoweh: even if klick still wins 50% of them
[2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: It’s easy
2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: Give out two immunities
[2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: First place gets the Klick Immunity Necklace
[2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: Second gets the Individual Immunity Necklace!
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Pine »

+1 Disorganized crime
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Jingle »

I don't see why we can't change the title later if Zoraster manages to organize his crime. I support the disorganized version.
This is a Parachute.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:05 am

Post by mastina »

How about I open up it to an ironic Organized Crime or more direct Disorganized Crime, leave the choice up to zoraster? Leave him the choice of either.
Extending deadline due to extra option, for further discussion on the matter. (Basically, to give him the choice of either instead of forcing one.)
(expired on 2020-02-18 18:05:20).
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:06 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

bring back Premature Assassination
To be clear: quack
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Malkon05 »

I second
Klick for the Flash Forward
thing that Ariel said for the reasons she gave.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1836, mastina wrote:How about I open up it to an ironic Organized Crime or more direct Disorganized Crime, leave the choice up to zoraster? Leave him the choice of either.
Extending deadline due to extra option, for further discussion on the matter. (Basically, to give him the choice of either instead of forcing one.)
(expired on 2020-02-18 18:05:20).
NO
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

Nth Flash Forward
Antinom Organised Crime

Organised Crime takes what's good about Disorganised Crime and flattens it. I don't like that for this title.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by the worst »

Nth flash forward
--
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like organized crime

Very controversy
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Ariel »

In post 455, KittyMo wrote:
Nominate PrivateI for Monty
In post 459, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Maybe something like "The Accountant of Monty Christ-O" because of him studying accounting at that super Christian college in Oklahoma?

Okay, maybe that one's not a winner.
In post 462, Errantparabola wrote:nom private i for
The Accountant of Monty Christ-O, Written by Alexandeer Dumash
bc he studies accounting at a christian college and his avatar is a deer and he plays in mish mash
In post 487, mastina wrote:
In post 467, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Nominate PrivateI for Monty Hall

He hosts a lot of Game Show/ORG stuff, referencing that his name (not username) is Monty and the late famous Monty Hall, host of "Let's Make a Deal".
Also the name of the mathematical concept for probability if someone can tie that in somehow.
So I'm not a frequent Mish Mash player. Could someone link me to some examples so that I can confirm that it's a fitting title? I want to judge for myself, but this certainly looks like it has merit at the very least.

This discussion from the summer seems to have totally died off. My original nom was in the same vein of crywolf20084's title being Cayke and to a lesser extent Thestatusquo being Shea. PrivateI is arguably more prominently known by the name Monty than by his actual username. In the same way that it's difficult to remember Cayke's actual username, it's difficult to remember Monty has any other name. In the game thread for the LSG he just finished hosting, there's like 7 instances of him being referred to as Monty and none of him being called PrivateI. When he gets mentioned in 12 players and a mod lists in GTKAS he's getting called Monty. I'd link more examples if not for Speakeasy grey areas, but there are plenty. The fact that he's so often referred to as Monty causes confusion sometimes, like in multiple SUPP threads.

Spoiler:
In post 3014, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 3010, xRECKONERx wrote:MONTY WAS FUCKING ROBBED
Who TF is MONTY???
In post 1271, Elbirn wrote:Whomst the fuck is Monty?

As for the Monty Hall aspect: he primarily hosts one night games on Skype/Discord so it's a bit difficult to provide links to things. He does mod Investments which seems very relevant and has modded multiple iterations of Allocate/Execute. He co-modded an LSG with a unique mechanic of procedural generation of twists. He won Disney's World Domination while portraying the character of game show host Alex Trebek.
Last edited by Ariel on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Post by mastina »

That is something I can understand the reasoning for the title, yes. I'd like to see people give a quick check-in on it to see if people still think it's suited for him, but I'm not going to ask for a full five to check in, just one or two more would be enough for me to move forward on Monty Hall or a similar title for PrivateI.

On the note of having the necessary people...I believe Klick is almost there on Flash Forward, so similarly needs just about one or two more there.

Tempted to just bring both titles to the 48 hour mark right here and now to be honest but I suppose I'll still formally ask for people to if they support those titles give their support for them.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 475, SleepyKrew wrote:Monty > Monty Hall
To be clear: quack
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Cephrir »

Nth Monty and flash forward
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by the worst »

I like Monty. Ariel's write-up is on point.

edit: I also like Monty as a title
--
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet