Mafia Forum Organization

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:27 am

Post by chamber »

I'm going to try my hand at fixing this over the next hour or so, but then I have somewhere to be. It's possible its still in a bad state until late tonight (Assuming I can properly diagnose and fix the problem).

Edit: Will be fixed late tonight at the earliest.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by chamber »

Should be good now. Some stuff is out of order but zoraster should be able to resolve that at his convenience.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by chamber »

I have no idea what the root cause was and I can't promise it wont happen again. PHP_BB uses the stupidest method I've ever seen to index its forum nesting, and I had to manually calculate values for all of the mafia forums and then run a batch of queries to correct the incorrect values. To give a basic idea of how it works, each forum has 2 numbers associated with it to indicate the bounds of whats inside of it, so 1,2 would mean nothing inside, but 1,4 should have a forum with the bounds 2,3 inside. In some instances here there were things like multiple instances of the exact same couplets (13,20 repeated 3 times). as well as things like 39,21 which doesn't mean anything under the schema used. the left number should always be smaller than the right number. I have to assume some small inaccuracy came to exist at some point, and moving a bunch of forums around made whatever math it does on moves to reindex everything go haywire.

Return to “News”