Scummies
Goon
Goon

Master Strategist 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Scummies »

Archangelsk
Russian Federation

The white knight lowered his lance, spurring his mount into a spectacular charge. The deadly combination of man, steed, and burnished steel barreled forward, flashing in the light of the sun at high noon. Enemy soldiers scattered like chaff in a hurricane before the menace of his approach, even one of his own yielding lest he be crushed beneath the flailing hooves or sheer momentum of his approach. Suddenly the knight burst through the fray into open space, wheeling as he took stock of the situation before him.

A beautiful damsel in distress! He cantered to his lady's side, the horse blowing and rearing as he pledged undying fealty and admiration to her. On his honor, the knight would give no less than his life and that of his loyal destrier, if only to preserve the fair maid's honor and security. The haughty look on the lady's face softened for the knight, and she plucked a scarf from her sleeve to offer as a favor to the valiant hero, willing to ride to certain death in her service. The knight, learned in the ways of courtly love, lowered his lance enough for her to tie the token around its wickedly-sharp steel tip. He bowed low to his liege lady before whirling off to find an opponent.

There! A black knight, as villainous and debauched as he was noble and pure. The enemy sighted him at nearly the same moment, and pumped his own lance in the air in challenge. The knights charged one another, but even the favor of the white lady proved inadequate before the onslaught of the cruel knight in black. The white knight's body was dragged from the field to be dumped unceremoniously among the heaped remains of slaughtered soldiers on both sides. Meanwhile, the white lady seized the opportunity provided by her champion's fall to ride forth in a straight line to chasten the enemy king directly.

"I believe," said Northsidegal, "That that is checkmate."
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the 2019 winner of the 'Master Strategist' award,

Northsidegal!

For her performance (as Brown Eyes) in Undertale Mafia!

This thread is now open.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by schadd_ »

northsidegal
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by the worst »

This is one of the most interesting town performances I've seen in a long time.

nsg rolled a (to put it simply) conditional triple dayvig which would trigger on the event scum got too many town kills, and tapped into certain powers too much. she was pretty widely townread day one, but when the gamestate tended towards scum overpowering the town, (and obviously having picked 3/4 of the scumteam), nsg allowed herself to slip under the radar a bit while still pushing the game in a positive direction.

One member of the scumteam had correctly identified her as a massive threat and lobbied to n1 her, but we were all so distracted by noisier townies that she was never a serious contender for the scum nightkill. This isn't a failing on her part. It was incredibly deliberate.

When the time came that her ability triggered, despite apparently having nailed 3 of the scumteam, she elected to shoot two scum and our most primed mislynch, and then out herself (having become effectively vanilla) and push to lynch the third scum, eating a nightkill in the process.

The gamestate was wrecked enough that it took a while for the town to listen. But they did, eventually. Both remaining scum had huge ability to endgame, and nsg's actions completely crippled the team's integrity.

This is a very rare situation of
- role pm effecting dayplay
- gamestate read effecting dayplay
- dayplay effecting mechanical play
- use of mech effecting ongoing dayplay
- across all of these, perfectly managing threat level

Congratulations, nsg. This is incredibly well deserved. By a huge margin one of the best plays from a single slot in my time onsite.

pedit: basically what schadd_ said.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

NSG for president
Brown Eyes
Brown Eyes
Goon
Brown Eyes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Brown Eyes »

guess i'm pretty good at my job, huh?

Thanks to RC for randing me this once in a lifetime role and thanks to the rest of the town for bringing the game home when I couldn't. This would be a lot less notable if there weren't a win to follow it through, and I can only point to the rest of the town as for who made that happen.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Ircher »

Congrats northsidegal!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 5, Brown Eyes wrote:guess i'm pretty good at my job, huh?
nooooo my scumteam >:
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 5, Brown Eyes wrote:guess i'm pretty good at my job, huh?

Thanks to RC for randing me this once in a lifetime role and thanks to the rest of the town for bringing the game home when I couldn't. This would be a lot less notable if there weren't a win to follow it through, and I can only point to the rest of the town as for who made that happen.
Fuck I forgot the edit of your avatar when all this shit happened that was AMAZING

Ugh this was such a great game. Congrats NSG, well deserved!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3, the worst wrote:This is one of the most interesting town performances I've seen in a long time.

nsg rolled a (to put it simply) conditional triple dayvig which would trigger on the event scum got too many town kills, and tapped into certain powers too much. she was pretty widely townread day one, but when the gamestate tended towards scum overpowering the town, (and obviously having picked 3/4 of the scumteam), nsg allowed herself to slip under the radar a bit while still pushing the game in a positive direction.

One member of the scumteam had correctly identified her as a massive threat and lobbied to n1 her, but we were all so distracted by noisier townies that she was never a serious contender for the scum nightkill. This isn't a failing on her part. It was incredibly deliberate.

When the time came that her ability triggered, despite apparently having nailed 3 of the scumteam, she elected to shoot two scum and our most primed mislynch, and then out herself (having become effectively vanilla) and push to lynch the third scum, eating a nightkill in the process.

The gamestate was wrecked enough that it took a while for the town to listen. But they did, eventually. Both remaining scum had huge ability to endgame, and nsg's actions completely crippled the team's integrity.

This is a very rare situation of
- role pm effecting dayplay
- gamestate read effecting dayplay
- dayplay effecting mechanical play
- use of mech effecting ongoing dayplay
- across all of these, perfectly managing threat level

Congratulations, nsg. This is incredibly well deserved. By a huge margin one of the best plays from a single slot in my time onsite.

pedit: basically what schadd_ said.
Good post i like reading these type of posts we need more of these type of posts
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Skygazer »

def not salty :shifty:

omg congrats ! ! ! !
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

WPWPWP :]
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Congrats NSG!
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think I voted this category but I like how measurable the efficacy of the winner is here
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

thank u for turning the only team rwby game into a win nsg <3
vote conspiracy