Goon
Goon

Best Overall Mish Mash Player 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Scummies »

The Summer Olympics
Tokyo, Japan
August, 2020

The athlete parried her opponent's blade, then beat it aside to press her attack. Her opponent danced away out of reach, stomping the ground to throw her off before lunging back in. The athlete was not fooled, and deflected the strike neatly before executing a riposte of her own. The counter took her opponent off-guard, and she lurched out of the way at the last second, with the athlete's épée missing the shoulder by millimeters, running the flat along her pristine white uniform in passe. The athlete's opponent disengaged again, clearly spooked by the close call.

They clashed again, again, and a third time, neither gaining an advantage. Finally, her opponent threw caution to the wind and rushed headlong in a flurry of attacks, seeking to overwhelm the athlete with sheer speed and ferocity. The athlete blinked in surprise and backpedaled. Such a reckless assault was rarely seen at this level of competition, relegated to the ranks of the young or inexperienced. As such, she wasn't sure what to expect next, or how to counter it. She quickly shuffled backwards, keeping her free hand at the small of her back, one foot always leading, even in retreat. Her opponent pursued, eager to press her apparent advantage. There! That was the opening the athlete needed. She quickly arrested her retreat, throwing her sword-arm high, wrist inverted and poised downward in a deft point-in-line maneuver. Her opponent tried to pull back and away, but her own momentum defeated her, and the athlete's blade bowed upward, pinned to her opponent's breast.

The stadium erupted into cheers as the final point was scored. This last bout between the competitors had been the deciding contest. The athlete removed her wire-frame mask, perspiration plastering her hair to her head. Ariel extended a hand to her vanquished opponent, elated by her victory.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the 2019 winner of the 'Best Overall Mish Mash Player' award,

Ariel!

(formerly known as KittyMo)
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Scummies »

The judges also wish to extend an Honorable Mention to

Malkon05

This thread is now open.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Extremely well-deserved.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:57 am

Post by xofelf »

This was the tightest most competitive category we had. If we could give out two awards for this category, we absolutely would have, it was that close. You both are amazing wonderful people and we are better off for having you here.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:59 am

Post by McMenno »

congrats both of you
mafiascum is on life support
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

(Final fantasy victory fanfare)
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Malkon05 »

In post 2, Scummies wrote:
The judges also wish to extend an Honorable Mention to

Malkon05

This thread is now open.
Thank you so much for the Honorable Mention. I'm super humbled and honored, especially after a very huge roller coaster of a year for me. <3

I won't like go all speechy since this is Ariel's moment, but I will say thanks to everyone who considered me.

In addition, both Ariel & I are running a great game right now, Hybrid: Hunger Games. If you'd like to spectate this, please reach out to one of us and we would be happy to let you see the fun shenanigans we have planned.

Congratulations Ariel, after being on two different planning committees with you I can most assuredly say you deserve the win. You rock!!! Thank you for being such a huge support for me especially these last few months <3
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:19 am

Post by schadd_ »

congrats!!!!!!
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Fluminator »

Congrats! You two do so much to make the community enjoyable and I hope you realize how much of a positive influence you have on it.

I feel slightly unworthy to be the one to hand off the title to such a great person xD
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:49 am

Post by Ircher »

Congrats!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Ariel »

Honestly I'm surprised to have won this category but thanks for the cool banner and memories guys. I definitely stepped up my involvement in this community in 2019 in terms of both playing and modding, and it's been great. Playing in Radja's Spitfly and Malkon's Weakest Link, and helping run the Nonary Game and Survivormeet were highlights of the year for me.

Malkon stood out as a cunning social butterfly in the Nonary Game and Spitfly, and was extremely iconic in his portrayal of Flim and Flam. Much love to him, and I concur that we welcome spectators for Hybrid: Hunger Games.

2019 was, like, the year of CaptainMeme characters in anon games; they placed 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 10th and 28th out of 110 spots in the Character Poll. Not to mention his win in non-anonymous Allocate/Execute 4! Iprobablysuck made his mark on just about every LSG of 2019 and won the unique A Quiet Place game. Haschel was active in general Mish Mash games, most notably as a Codenames Spymaster. Tanis was also nominated in recognition of her contributions to the community through moderating. All of them are great. Some other cool people didn't even get nominated!
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

unique certainly is a word to describe AQP
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by the worst »

Congratulations Ariel!! <3
You're always so enjoyable to watch in mish mash games. :) very much look forward to playing more with you in 2020.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”