Goon
Goon

White Knight 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Scummies »

The Alamo
Republic of Texas
March 5, 1836

"Clean that rifle, boy," said the veteran as he paced the wall, "Can't have it misfiring when they come. Bad way to go." The sun beat down on the Texian militiamen as they stared out at Santa Anna's army, forming up and preparing what was likely their final charge. The crumbling limestone buildings weren't a proper fort, just an old Spanish mission they'd converted. For two weeks now, the Mexican army had besieged them in the damn place. Oh, there'd been a few skirmishes, and a fair bit of bombardment, but they hadn't really tried to take the walls yet. "Y-yes, sir." The youth hastily started polishing the barrel of his weapon, completely misunderstanding the order. The veteran raised a hand to correct him, but let it drop. This was a hopeless fight, what did it matter?

"Look, kid. Yesterday, William Travis gave that big rousing speech about freedom and liberty and all that rubbish. I mean, don't get me wrong, when he drew that blasted line in the dirt, I crossed it too. We all did. Just don't get any delusions here. We're outnumbered. It's about taking as many of them with us as we can." Down the line, near the center, the veteran could just hear Crockett giving a similar speech, but with more hope and encouragement. The young man had stopped polishing his rifle, and his face had blanched pale despite his sunburns and freckles. The veteran sighed, closed his eyes, and spat over the wall at the army that was coming to kill them all.

"Don't listen to me, son. Listen to him, down the line. He's got the pretty words. You and me? We've got the grit, the guts, the goddamned gumption. Let Santa Anna and all his lackeys come and take this fort. As long as you've got me, and I've got you, they can have it over my dead body."

In the distance, trumpets sounded and cannon thundered. The charge began. jjh927 loaded his rifle and turned once more to the quavering young soldier by his side. "Stick close, son. I'll keep you safe."
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the 2019 winner of the 'White Knight' award,

jjh927!

for his performance in Vengeful Ghosts!

This thread is now open.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Krazy »

It's okay you can still keep the snazzy :P
vote conspiracy
OSTENTATIOUS
OSTENTATIOUS
Goon
OSTENTATIOUS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:39 am

Post by OSTENTATIOUS »

The Black Knight of a vengeful ghosts. My old nemesis. Defeat at your hands is a bitter taste, but one I am becoming used to.

Congratulations. :)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:55 am

Post by the worst »

what that guy said

congratulations jjh. <3 I suspect you know how I feel about your performance in that game man. Without you it was a town stump - your leadership in those gambits turned the game into a gruelling fight to the death ending in an indecisive FINAL TWO.

Really commendable effort.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:52 am

Post by jjh927 »

Hooray! I'll have some form of banner for another year!

Someone get DEB in here because this would absolutely not have been possible without him. Also I should probably mention FakeGod because the game would have been less exciting if he'd not taken the last scum slot into the final night phase.

Obviously giving major props back to OST/tw- I'm guessing the scummies committee didn't want two finalists from the same game, because I definitely felt like we were counterparts in terms of how we played the game.

I feel I should add something glossing over the fact I didn't actually win vengeful ghosts, like "The real winner was everyone who died for getting to play the cooler part of that game"

Also yes I like getting awards thank you
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

People should definitely get recognition for good performances that are ultimately losses
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Ircher »

Congrats jjh!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:44 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

this was a fun game to read while it was ongoing

grats
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”