Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:39 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

Auro is firmly in his town mindset
Farkran's mindset is transparently town
Slaxx's mindset looks town
Klick's mindset looks town
Sujimichi's thought processes look town

out of everybody else, my read on Korina matches most closely with Homura being the cultist.

plus I think that lynching her is the highest raw value of any townflip if I'm wrong
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Slaxx »

Is like more from Horuma before day end
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 am

namely

there's two players that are this hard-lurk type player in this game, and those players are perfect to hide a cultist in since it's harder to accurately decipher which one is cult and which one isn't later on in the game.

We're likely to use our only mislynch today based on setup anyways, so using it to also remove that particular option from Korina's options is helpful to every non-cult alignment since NOW, with only one such person in the game, it's not a guessing game if the game suddenly only makes sense if one cult is having a notably weak showing in this game.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:42 am

In post 502, Slaxx wrote:Is like more from Horuma before day end
gesundheit
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Slaxx »

To the people voting Alyssa: she is narrowin her options down pretty far. Granted they are a lot of consensus reads, but even before that she was saying the cultist hadn’t posted when only a few people hadn’t.

Do you really think the cultist, who doesn’t care who gets lynched (mostly), is committing to that? I’m not as sure.

I think Conspire has played the most conservatively in considering keeping options open for lynches.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Slaxx »

VOTE: Conspire
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Farkran »

Ok, if i can buy that i'm probably wrong on suji, i actually agree on everything that Alyssa said in the last 5-6 posts.

Why RCE is not green in your list, Alyssa? Him and Suji might be the our "biggest" clashes so far

UNVOTE:
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:49 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 503, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:namely

there's two players that are this hard-lurk type player in this game, and those players are perfect to hide a cultist in since it's harder to accurately decipher which one is cult and which one isn't later on in the game.

We're likely to use our only mislynch today based on setup anyways, so using it to also remove that particular option from Korina's options is helpful to every non-cult alignment since NOW, with only one such person in the game, it's not a guessing game if the game suddenly only makes sense if one cult is having a notably weak showing in this game.
I kinda didn't want to talk about this in detail because I wanted to see how it plays out but I guess we can force it one way or the other.

So I was thinking about how viable it would be for cult recruits to be MORE likely lynch prospects since from a town perspective they are objectively bad recruit targets and therefore less cult equity.

But that is dependent on how the game is flowing and ultimately who ends up being the day 1 Lynch.

With that in mind im confident that the n0 was not in the upper bracket players [Auro, Ank] or the lower bracket players [idk who Korina would consider here] also it feels like pandering to put myself there but for posterity it would be me and a lurker.

N0 is likely middle of the pack that aren't high priority lynches but also aren't going to lead town of their own volition.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:51 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Oh I'd probably add chemist to the upper bracket part but I forgot he was in the game.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 508, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 503, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:namely

I kinda didn't want to talk about this in detail because I wanted to see how it plays out but I guess we can force it one way or the other.

So I was thinking about how viable it would be for cult recruits to be MORE likely lynch prospects since from a town perspective they are objectively bad recruit targets and therefore less cult equity.

But that is dependent on how the game is flowing and ultimately who ends up being the day 1 Lynch.

With that in mind im confident that the n0 was not in the upper bracket players [Auro, Ank] or the lower bracket players [idk who Korina would consider here] also it feels like pandering to put myself there but for posterity it would be me and a lurker.

N0 is likely middle of the pack that aren't high priority lynches but also aren't going to lead town of their own volition.
I don’t see the use in trying to outguess Korina. Each player can be analyzed from the perspective of survival vs hunting. To me, that’s leaving options open, not making definitive statements, and not inserting themselves in controversy. Out of the active players, that’s Conspire.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 499, RCEnigma wrote:I always assume players I'm unfamiliar with have strong town/scum games. I'm interested in the meta-townread if you want to expand on that.
I played several times with suji and i read his scumgame (the game that made him a nomination). This suji looks more like the town!suji i know than the scum!suji in that other game. His attitude is more like... asking himself questions rather than giving other people answers, if you know what i mean?

The sample size is small though, and suji is not an easy read under normal circumstances.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:53 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Which is, scum indicative but I dunno if that is the same as cult??
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Slaxx »

In post 512, RCEnigma wrote:Which is, scum indicative but I dunno if that is the same as cult??
Not the same, but same enough.

Look at the language in conspires iso. Lots of “I thinks”, “probably” etc.

The only thing they seem confident on is that korina didn’t randomize, actually.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Slaxx »

I feel pretty good about the vote. I’d like more from the lurkers, but out of active players Conspire is clearly (in my mind) highest equity for cult.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:57 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 511, Farkran wrote:
In post 499, RCEnigma wrote:I always assume players I'm unfamiliar with have strong town/scum games. I'm interested in the meta-townread if you want to expand on that.
I played several times with suji and i read his scumgame (the game that made him a nomination). This suji looks more like the town!suji i know than the scum!suji in that other game. His attitude is more like... asking himself questions rather than giving other people answers, if you know what i mean?

The sample size is small though, and suji is not an easy read under normal circumstances.
I get what you mean, the pool to sort from fmpov is :
Farkran
Suji
Conspire
Klick
Homura
Slaxxx

Of those I'm highest on farkran/suji as town
Slaxxx right behind

Klick by virtue of just having content.

Conspire/homura

Conspire has posted but I dont know what about. Nothing has stuck so far.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:59 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 513, Slaxx wrote:
In post 512, RCEnigma wrote:Which is, scum indicative but I dunno if that is the same as cult??

The only thing they seem confident on is that korina didn’t randomize, actually.
I didn't like the assumption either.

This feels a lot like a Varsoon inspired read and one that I've seen work so I wouldn't mind a conspire lynch. But homura needs posts and so does chemist before that.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Farkran »

VOTE: Conspire i'm fine trying this. There's too little content coming from a hydra.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Conspire has posted but I dont know what about. Nothing has stuck so far.
Ding ding ding!

You don’t want to leave an impression if you’re trying to squeak through Day 1.

I agree that we need more from the lurkers. But in terms of active people in this moment, this is the way to go.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Conspire »

This game is moving a bit fast for me tbh and Korina's spam didn't help.

~Esper
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by Conspire »

I'm also not that familiar with the playlist; out of the ones I know though, I probably TR Slaxx a bit

Current thoughts: based on fun-value, I still think Korina's gonna chose someone he likes working with/is a strong player and in my mind, that's gotta be Alyssa/Farkran. Kind of changed my mind and I can see it going either way now. Either Alyssa's joke was scum indicative, or scum!Farkran made an easy push on the first thing he saw.
VOTE: Alyssa the Lamb

~Esper
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 519, Conspire wrote:This game is moving a bit fast for me tbh and Korina's spam didn't help.

~Esper
Well, get used to it. Spamming the game is proactive to my wincon.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Conspire »

In post 513, Slaxx wrote:

probably probably i think probably i think probably

~Esper
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Conspire »

I don't think I like the idea of lurker lynches either. Yes, what Alyssa said had some reason to it, but I think scum benefit of a mislynch>lurker lynch from town POV.

~Esper
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Auro »

Only prob I have with a Conspire lynch is: if I was Korina I'd be very wary of making an unknown hydra cult, because of the potential for awkward hydra dynamics.

Return to “Completed Open Games”