They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 750, Krazy Katz wrote:I believe EC is just EC, he's not an alt

-K
Agree it’s probably not EC but he does have alts: Mbaki.

I think anyone who played in LNT, should be able to accurately read me pretty quick, which is why I haven’t unvoted Xtoxm.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 751, Venus and Mars wrote:

-K

I think anyone who played in LNT, should be able to accurately read me pretty quick, which is why I haven’t unvoted Xtoxm.
He’s made a few posts that sounded townie to me but considering he claims I don’t have a great history of correctly reading him, why in the actual fuck would he then put me in his lynchpool, based on that? He also initially voted us for not great reasons and didn’t automatically unvote us when I told him about my friend. He just continued to votepark us for reasons, he blatantly admitted were not scum indicative for me.
Mechanic
Mechanic
Townie
Mechanic
Townie
Townie

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Mechanic »

Caught up, and I've got next to nothing.

Far, far too much "[Person A] did [thing B] to [Person C] in [game D]"

I basically switched off after a few pages, so TBH I don't have much to add. Many of the things that stood out as interesting have been discussed and dealt with already so no point in bringing them up again, except...
In post 265, Titus wrote:@Vecna/chkflip chkflip said he couldn't let Vecna's role live but then doesn't vote Vecna. Vecna doesn't comment on it. What the? It's an odd interaction.
This is blatant misrepresentation of what was said, don't like.

If I missed anything relevant in pages 21 to 25-ish can some please tell me what it was, i decided to skip the dissection of a previous game. :yawn:
In post 709, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:snip...
But if they can stay alive long enough they will give us good info.
...snip
Imagine I don't have the vaguest clue about Nancy and explain why the above is true please.

Reads so far...

Vecna and Chronos are most likely town

KK is (are?) town leaning

Virtually everyone else is null

Titus is slight sumread because of the above post.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:11 pm

Post by Vecna »

will be away from this game for a bit more, maybe into monday/tuesday

Hope I didnt miss anything important, sure a lot of activity the last 28 hours or so
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

nancy. i have never played with scum!you and the only game im even aware of that you were scum is MD where you snowed everyone
you are not some 2018-creature tier player that gets to be townread just by turning up
so yes im going to be suspicious, and likewise you will always be wrong if you use that as a metric to scumread me
the only time i blanket townread you for no apparent reason was LNT where i was scum
so you should be MORE suspicious of me if im doing that
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 753, Venus and Mars wrote:

-K

He’s made a few posts that sounded townie to me but considering he claims I don’t have a great history of correctly reading him, why in the actual fuck would he then put me in his lynchpool, based on that? He also initially voted us for not great reasons and didn’t automatically unvote us when I told him about my friend. He just continued to votepark us for reasons, he blatantly admitted were not scum indicative for me.
there was no time between you saying that and moving to pushing me
before i came to the thread
otherwise i likely would have
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 753, Venus and Mars wrote:he blatantly admitted were not scum indicative for me.
where did i do this?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 734, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 604, Xtoxm wrote:if you think you were mech cleared then you dont understand mechanics
There was a no kill and flipped town doc Dann healed us. I think maybe you’re not really the mech god you think you are?
there was not a flipped doc bc the game was FLIPLESS
refer back to #604
Kakeguri Addicts
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Kakeguri Addicts
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Kakeguri Addicts »

In post 230, chkflip wrote:It's D1 page 10 ffs. Fine.

Tonally, I'm comfortable enough with Fonz and dave to properly pin them as town. I'll be able to actually sort Titus when she really gets into it. I haven't played with the rest of you (that I can recall?) so that won't come as swiftly.

It should've been pretty clear that I was full of shit when I cited you, Auro, as the champion for my sheep vote when you hopped not 5 posts later. But hey, ass out of you and me for assuming, right?

I'm not comfortable with letting Vecna live. Who knows what that virus actually does, hm? "It makes you a miller" smells like bullshit to me. Boon doesn't throw millers all over the place for the lulz. There's a reason for it, which has been "hinted" to Vecna, but it seems like he knows more about it than he's letting on. But that's just a hunch. We'll see where it goes.

Auro, you seem like one of those types where townies better town post or else!!1! And I'm sorry but I don't have the time, energy, or give a fuck to wall until a sufficient amount of people think I town slipped. Did that last game and Nancy fucking bombed me for it.

Never again.

This is my one and only long post.
I'm getting bad vibes from this post, also it's pretty lame that your 'serious' read turned out to be very not serious.
In post 246, jjh927 wrote:
In post 244, The Fonz wrote:@Kakeguri: it is strongly my belief that alignment is not randomised prior to role creation, and that someone who wanted to be scum could influence role allocation by picking scum only roles for the Booneytoonz list, or quotes from players from games where they were scum, etc.
Your strong belief is wrong. Undivulged non-randomness is bastard. Alignment is assumed to be randomised.
I agree with this viewpoint.
In post 253, jjh927 wrote:What's interesting it that nobody has ever given a shit about me explaining things in detail before. Because it's kinda dumb to think town!me isn't gonna give a full explanation for something when there os one and there's someone asking for an explanation, and there's no downside to me explaining it. I'd like those who think that post I made was weird to read it with context and explain why they think it's weird outside of this idea that I can explain my thought process.

Dave has played with me before. He doesn't get a free pass.
VOTE: davesaz
I think it's weird because I don't really believe you were thinking that hard about your early vote, and you could have came up with that explanation after the fact. At least that's how I saw it at the time, I'm more inclined to believe that it is normal for you after you explained it more.
In post 265, Titus wrote:@Vecna/chkflip chkflip said he couldn't let Vecna's role live but then doesn't vote Vecna. Vecna doesn't comment on it. What the? It's an odd interaction.
I disagree that anything weird happened, looking at the actual events. Mainly because I think it's normal to not place a vote for every off-hand comment.
In post 340, Titus wrote:
In post 312, Venus and Mars wrote:So far, I like KK, Auro and Nom.

~M
I seriously do not get the Auro love. I think Auro Chronos and chkflip has the foundations of being a strong team.
This is jumping the gun and calling a team based off of little information.
In post 414, jjh927 wrote:
In post 406, Auro wrote:
In post 403, jjh927 wrote:This is the scummiest post in the game rn
Why?
Without going into a looong post while I'm on my phone-
Because he shades based on something other people have mentioned but doesn't commit to a read. I also don't think he has any reason to think it's odd considering he is familiar with my play. The thing that stood out most to him in catchup is something that other people already addressed far beyond its merit that I don't think he should care for.
I don't think not committing to an early read is scummy. I'd rather hear from davesaz as to his experience with you than vice versa.
In post 458, The Fonz wrote:Oh God we're going to get into another of those arguments about which specific escalation between "Your reads are wrong" and "I wish actual rl suffering on you and your loved ones" was the one that actually crossed the line. I'mma tap out for 24hrs for the sake of my mental health as I find these things deeply uncomfortable. Hopefully something happens to allow me to get a firmer read on the game on my return.
How about the people who were calling you mafia for being underwhelming, did you respond to that?
In post 640, Krazy Katz wrote:
In post 584, chkflip wrote:I genuinely don't understand why you'd throw out that TSE might be scum. He (unless I'm hallucinating) didn't get an opportunity to post at all. Is there a purpose to that shot in the dark? I don't get it.
Now that dinner has settled more, I slightly dislike this post

I gave chk a chance to rise in my reads and he kinda blew it, he might be down in my faint scumleans now

-K
I'm not seeing what you're seeing in that post.
In post 655, Auro wrote:Yumeko can I guess your main?
Sure, but I won't respond. Krazy knows it.
In post 709, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 701, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 690, jjh927 wrote:You locktowned KK yet?
far too early for locktowning anyone
When I say lock town, that basically translate to SOLID TOWN READ. And is meant as a personal read without any hard evidence.

Bascially I can just null everyone but that doesn't help me sort players personally.

I want to sheep Venus and Mars because they are solid town imo. But Nancy's early game reads do not always pan out. But if they can stay alive long enough they will give us good info.

KK looks like a lynch option. But there are lots of slots that I haven't really dove into yet.
OK, this seems like solid posting from you, except I don't know why KK is a lynch option for you, and I don't agree with that.
In post 754, Mechanic wrote: Reads so far...

I think these reads are town indicative from you.

---

VOTE: The Fonz

Because a good chunk of their activity is arguing about whether the upick alignments are random, and people are saying he is underwhelming compared to his town play.

---

-Yumeko
Hydra between Yumeko Jabami and Mary Saotome
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

i am glad you went back and responded to my posts though.
i thought you had chosen to ignore them at the time which was not a good feeling.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 756, Xtoxm wrote:nancy. i have never played with scum!you and the only game im even aware of that you were scum is MD where you snowed everyone
you are not some 2018-creature tier player that gets to be townread just by turning up

so yes im going to be suspicious, and likewise you will always be wrong if you use that as a metric to scumread me
the only time i blanket townread you for no apparent reason was LNT where i was scum
Please explain the bolded.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 757, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 753, Venus and Mars wrote:

-K

there was no time between you saying that and moving to pushing me
before i came to the thread
otherwise i likely would have
Good to know.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

In post 759, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 734, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 604, Xtoxm wrote:if you think you were mech cleared then you dont understand mechanics
There was a no kill and flipped town doc Dann healed us. I think maybe you’re not really the mech god you think you are?
there was not a flipped doc bc the game was FLIPLESS
refer back to #604
There was a claimed doc save from a claimed doc with night actions strongly implying the doctor was killed by scum

LOL I remember why I was going to lynch you that game now

-K
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

Yumeko are you townreading me or am I just not a current lynch option?

-K
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 758, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 753, Venus and Mars wrote:he blatantly admitted were not scum indicative for me.
where did i do this?
Your argument for sr us seems to be based on my according to you, presumably terrible ability to read you correctly, yes? If I am incorrectly reading you here, than based on that logic, you should be tr us based on that. I don’t understand why you view my vote on you as necessarily scummy, as opposed to just wrong, based on you claiming I’m bad at reading you, which is why I’m not tr your vote on us.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 762, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 756, Xtoxm wrote:nancy. i have never played with scum!you and the only game im even aware of that you were scum is MD where you snowed everyone

you said you expected to be an instant townread for any one in LNT
for this to work you would have to have dramatic and easy to spot differences between your town and scum game
and necessarily i will have had to actually see your scum game
these things are not true. based on cold meta from a game i barely looked at you do actually have a scum game.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 766, Venus and Mars wrote:
where did i do this?
Your argument for sr us seems to be based on my according to you, presumably terrible ability to read you correctly, yes? If I am incorrectly reading you here, than based on that logic, you should be tr us based on that. I don’t understand why you view my vote on you as necessarily scummy, as opposed to just wrong, based on you claiming I’m bad at reading you, which is why I’m not tr your vote on us.
being wrong doesnt make you town
if you are scum its just as easy for you to sr me and use your record as a defence
i am exhausted by being scumread by you every game
you need to seriously re-evaluate your approach to me, if you are town, bc its approaching the point of not being fun to play with
you came in here with an instant sr on me and im going to push back on that even if i didnt think you were possible scum
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

Spoiler:
In post 760, Kakeguri Addicts wrote:
In post 230, chkflip wrote:It's D1 page 10 ffs. Fine.

Tonally, I'm comfortable enough with Fonz and dave to properly pin them as town. I'll be able to actually sort Titus when she really gets into it. I haven't played with the rest of you (that I can recall?) so that won't come as swiftly.

It should've been pretty clear that I was full of shit when I cited you, Auro, as the champion for my sheep vote when you hopped not 5 posts later. But hey, ass out of you and me for assuming, right?

I'm not comfortable with letting Vecna live. Who knows what that virus actually does, hm? "It makes you a miller" smells like bullshit to me. Boon doesn't throw millers all over the place for the lulz. There's a reason for it, which has been "hinted" to Vecna, but it seems like he knows more about it than he's letting on. But that's just a hunch. We'll see where it goes.

Auro, you seem like one of those types where townies better town post or else!!1! And I'm sorry but I don't have the time, energy, or give a fuck to wall until a sufficient amount of people think I town slipped. Did that last game and Nancy fucking bombed me for it.

Never again.

This is my one and only long post.
I'm getting bad vibes from this post, also it's pretty lame that your 'serious' read turned out to be very not serious.
In post 246, jjh927 wrote:
In post 244, The Fonz wrote:@Kakeguri: it is strongly my belief that alignment is not randomised prior to role creation, and that someone who wanted to be scum could influence role allocation by picking scum only roles for the Booneytoonz list, or quotes from players from games where they were scum, etc.
Your strong belief is wrong. Undivulged non-randomness is bastard. Alignment is assumed to be randomised.
I agree with this viewpoint.
In post 253, jjh927 wrote:What's interesting it that nobody has ever given a shit about me explaining things in detail before. Because it's kinda dumb to think town!me isn't gonna give a full explanation for something when there os one and there's someone asking for an explanation, and there's no downside to me explaining it. I'd like those who think that post I made was weird to read it with context and explain why they think it's weird outside of this idea that I can explain my thought process.

Dave has played with me before. He doesn't get a free pass.
VOTE: davesaz
I think it's weird because I don't really believe you were thinking that hard about your early vote, and you could have came up with that explanation after the fact. At least that's how I saw it at the time, I'm more inclined to believe that it is normal for you after you explained it more.
I disagree that anything weird happened, looking at the actual events. Mainly because I think it's normal to not place a vote for every off-hand comment.
In post 340, Titus wrote:
In post 312, Venus and Mars wrote:So far, I like KK, Auro and Nom.

~M
I seriously do not get the Auro love. I think Auro Chronos and chkflip has the foundations of being a strong team.
This is jumping the gun and calling a team based off of little information.
In post 414, jjh927 wrote:
In post 406, Auro wrote:
In post 403, jjh927 wrote:This is the scummiest post in the game rn
Why?
Without going into a looong post while I'm on my phone-
Because he shades based on something other people have mentioned but doesn't commit to a read. I also don't think he has any reason to think it's odd considering he is familiar with my play. The thing that stood out most to him in catchup is something that other people already addressed far beyond its merit that I don't think he should care for.
I don't think not committing to an early read is scummy. I'd rather hear from davesaz as to his experience with you than vice versa.
In post 458, The Fonz wrote:Oh God we're going to get into another of those arguments about which specific escalation between "Your reads are wrong" and "I wish actual rl suffering on you and your loved ones" was the one that actually crossed the line. I'mma tap out for 24hrs for the sake of my mental health as I find these things deeply uncomfortable. Hopefully something happens to allow me to get a firmer read on the game on my return.
How about the people who were calling you mafia for being underwhelming, did you respond to that?
In post 640, Krazy Katz wrote:
In post 584, chkflip wrote:I genuinely don't understand why you'd throw out that TSE might be scum. He (unless I'm hallucinating) didn't get an opportunity to post at all. Is there a purpose to that shot in the dark? I don't get it.
Now that dinner has settled more, I slightly dislike this post

I gave chk a chance to rise in my reads and he kinda blew it, he might be down in my faint scumleans now

-K
I'm not seeing what you're seeing in that post.
In post 655, Auro wrote:Yumeko can I guess your main?
Sure, but I won't respond. Krazy knows it.
In post 709, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 701, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 690, jjh927 wrote:You locktowned KK yet?
far too early for locktowning anyone
When I say lock town, that basically translate to SOLID TOWN READ. And is meant as a personal read without any hard evidence.

Bascially I can just null everyone but that doesn't help me sort players personally.

I want to sheep Venus and Mars because they are solid town imo. But Nancy's early game reads do not always pan out. But if they can stay alive long enough they will give us good info.

KK looks like a lynch option. But there are lots of slots that I haven't really dove into yet.
OK, this seems like solid posting from you, except I don't know why KK is a lynch option for you, and I don't agree with that.
In post 754, Mechanic wrote: Reads so far...

I think these reads are town indicative from you.

---

VOTE: The Fonz

Because a good chunk of their activity is arguing about whether the upick alignments are random, and people are saying he is underwhelming compared to his town play.

---

-Yumeko

I’m not convinced Fonz is scum but I think KA might be town here.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 767, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 762, Venus and Mars wrote:

you said you expected to be an instant townread for any one in LNT
for this to work you would have to have dramatic and easy to spot differences between your town and scum game
and necessarily i will have had to actually see your scum game
these things are not true. based on cold meta from a game i barely looked at you do actually have a scum game.
It was a CRUMB.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 768, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 766, Venus and Mars wrote:
where did i do this?
being wrong doesnt make you town
if you are scum its just as easy for you to sr me and use your record as a defence
i am exhausted by being scumread by you every game
you need to seriously re-evaluate your approach to me, if you are town, bc its approaching the point of not being fun to play with
you came in here with an instant sr on me and im going to push back on that even if i didnt think you were possible scum
I sr any slot that votes me for what I think is bad reasoning. You are not going to guilt me into changing my vote. Why? Because I can throw the exact same logic in your face, why your vote on us is bad here. Do you see that or not?

You’re wrong, I’m still trying to parse you but you’re not exactly making that easy.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

i am responding to YOU here.
the original vote was on the basis of you looking like you were flaking, which did not occur and i conceded that point and your explanation for it.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

So @Xtoxm, are you now claiming you think we’re town but you’re actually omgussing me to make a point and that is the only reason your vote is still on us because, if that’s your point, there are a helluva of a lot more effective methods to get that point across to me, don’t you think?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 772, Xtoxm wrote:i am responding to YOU here.
the original vote was on the basis of you looking like you were flaking, which did not occur and i conceded that point and your explanation for it.
I understand that but it seems what you’re now saying, is you don’t actually sr us but you’re voting us to protest my vote on you? Am I understanding this correctly?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”