chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 1331, Titus wrote:You mean his lackadaisical attitude towards sorting me despite it being his priority?
In post 230, chkflip wrote:
I'll be able to actually sort Titus when she really gets into it.
Once again completely misrepresenting what I said.

Fuck outta here with that trash.

What part of your posts even remotely looks like you're attempting anything but bullshit shade?

Go ahead.

I'll wait.
In post 1333, Venus and Mars wrote:@chk? How tf am I a null to both of you here? What have I been doing that is even remotely different here than in the last game?
You were on top of that game like flies to shit. You seem... less than here.

Idk what part of me saying you need to be more careful with your blanket statements of telling people they're bad at mafia means I was doing anything more than calling out your lack of fucking character.

Y'all really want me to be an asshole.

You'll get it if this dogshit continues.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1350, chkflip wrote:
In post 1331, Titus wrote:You mean his lackadaisical attitude towards sorting me despite it being his priority?
In post 230, chkflip wrote:
I'll be able to actually sort Titus when she really gets into it.
Once again completely misrepresenting what I said.

Fuck outta here with that trash.

What part of your posts even remotely looks like you're attempting anything but bullshit shade?

Go ahead.

I'll wait.
In post 1333, Venus and Mars wrote:@chk? How tf am I a null to both of you here? What have I been doing that is even remotely different here than in the last game?
You were on top of that game like flies to shit. You seem... less than here.

Idk what part of me saying you need to be more careful with your blanket statements of telling people they're bad at mafia means I was doing anything more than calling out your lack of fucking character.

Y'all really want me to be an asshole.

You'll get it if this dogshit continues.
Seriously, what in the fucking hell is wrong with you? Are you trying to get temp banned? You KNOW from TBorNTB, this kind of shit is reportable. This is your LAST warning, I won’t tell you again!
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

Not only do i not want you to be an asshole, being an asshole after I've observed you're off meta would be scummy, therefore you should not be an asshole to retain my townread!
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

Let's not get carried away now
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Apologies - V/LA for a day.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mmm. I was just told my work is closing doors temporarily due to the virus, so I'm very very fucking angry right now. I'll go ahead and not post until I've calmed. But I will say this: both of those assessments aren't even loosely related to what I was saying. Like, not even close. There's a distinct difference in what I actually said and how they're spinning it to be perceived. More on that later.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1352, Krazy Katz wrote:Not only do i not want you to be an asshole, being an asshole after I've observed you're off meta would be scummy, therefore you should not be an asshole to retain my townread!
In post 1353, Krazy Katz wrote:Let's not get carried away now
Chk both attacked me personally and threatened me and for absolutely not good gaddamned reason whatsoever. I’m seriously wondering if that last post even warrants me not reporting him rn. Tbh, it’s only my guilt from the last game that is holding me back but ffs!, enough is fucking enough already. I don’t play games to put up with this shit and 100% shouldn’t have to - especially when all I did was question his read on me. If he’s seriously going to threaten me based solely on that, I don’t even know what choice I have?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1355, chkflip wrote:Mmm. I was just told my work is closing doors temporarily due to the virus, so I'm very very fucking angry right now. I'll go ahead and not post until I've calmed. But I will say this: both of those assessments aren't even loosely related to what I was saying. Like, not even close. There's a distinct difference in what I actually said and how they're spinning it to be perceived. More on that later.
I interpreted your posts as saying essentially, that because I bombed (according to you) obvtown you in TBorNOTTB, you’re running me up for what you perceived as my being dismissive of Chronus’ earlier sr on me was hypocritical on my part - aka you were at the very least town leaning me with those comments and I don’t gaf if that pisses you off. Deal or don’t fucking play, your choice!
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

And fyi, chk, you’re not the ONLY person being adversely affected by Corona. It’s fucking up MY life too, so I will not be yours or anyone else’s scapegoat, What part of my best friend dying have you suddenly forgotten? Should I make your life hell in this game, because of that?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

My initial problem is your aptitude to throwing out WOAT and bad town when people disagree with you. You did that to me last game and it was incredibly frustrating but I just skimmed your posts for a while and ignored it. I didn't want to see it again. Whether you agree or disagree with the sentiment that calling your friend wrong town and labeling Chronos as bad at the game for the same characteristics (having a different opinion than you) is ultimately on you. I'm sorry for the aggressive language. I in no way feel I've threatened you; however, I don't get to tell you how you feel.

So I apologize.

It's very frustrating to watch people get spoken down to. Calling someone bad town or the worst of all time is talking down to them when, in the same posts, you're calling your friend wrong instead of bad or the worst.

I'm sorry I've been so aggressive about it and I'm sorry I've made you feel any sort of violated. That was not and has never been my intention. I would just like to see less degradation. I clearly went about that the wrong way.

I'm sorry.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

Apology accepted, you’re obviously no A50. I’m extremely emotional too. I’m devastated over my friend dying and Corona is making things worse. I wasn’t trying to antagonize you, I was just surprised at the null read. I think it’s amusing that you think I had any kind of handle on that last game. If I had, would I have seriously bombed you? I was a complete mess in that game and I tried to explain to you in the dead thread how A50 seriously triggered my CPTSD and that totally messed me up - to the point I had trouble actually thinking straight. I am normally so much better than that, so my decision wasn’t rational. I was so messed up by what A50 did, I wasn’t capable of making a rational decision atp in that game. I truly regret bombing you and I immediately regretted it, within minutes of doing it. I am not proud of that decision - far from it.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

Water under the bridge.

What happened between and your eventual vote on Vecna in that made you flip on that read?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1361, chkflip wrote:Water under the bridge.

What happened between and your eventual vote on Vecna in that made you flip on that read?
It greatly concerns me that he has not addressed our concerns. Why is he completely ignoring the votes on him? It’s less that I’ve flipped my read, more and more doubting it but more Vecna hasn’t given us a single good reason for us not to lynch him but yeah, I’m no longer convinced he’s town and his lack of response to all of the concerns regarding his role, isn’t looking protown and then you add the uPick part of it. He had to have requested, like Dave implied something really antitown to get this kind of role in a uPick, which begs the obvious question, why claim? Could he also have a loud modifier on top of everything else, so he thought claiming pre-virus spread, would get him off the hook? If he was a sticky fruit vendor, then Titus might be able to neutralize him but not if it’s virus rather than sticky fruit, he has to spread.

I also don’t have any strong sr yet and with Vecna ignoring his wagon, why risk a mislynch? I also don’t like that he really didn’t explain what Boon told him, could be “17 layers of awesome”.

But yeah, more and more I’m doubting my initial tl on him and do we even know for sure what the viruses actually do? He claims the people affected won’t know what virus they will be infected with, only that they have to spread it, so if his targets won’t know that, then how does he? There’s so many holes in his explanations, things about it that aren’t completely adding up.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: Vecna
I keep thinking about how improbable it is that his role is town. I think a wagon here will be very revealing no matter who the day's lynch ends up being.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1333, Venus and Mars wrote: @Fonz and @chk? How tf am I a null to both of you here? What have I been doing that is even remotely different here than in the last game?
Players playing to meta are null. I haven't to the best of my recollection seen your scum game, but I have more respect for you than to think you'd behave so differently from your town game to town read you just for having a similar tone to prior games before I start getting flips and analyzing wagon dynamics.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Unvote, vote Davesaz

Timing of that is SUPER suspect, Dave. You've had all game to vote Vecna based off his claim, and now you're doing it at a point when the anti Vecna sentiment is swelling based on lacklustre recent play? Without actually being willing to call that play scummy? In fact distancing yourself from your vote in the same paragraph you make it by claiming that it's for information and you're not committed to lynching him.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by davesaz »

Are you having difficulty understanding that I'm only actually here the few minutes around each time I post?
Of course the timing is "now" because "now" is when I'm here.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by davesaz »

Progression in case you missed it.
In post 285, davesaz wrote:
In post 0, Boonskiies wrote:This is different than a normal upick, because you usually get your flavor as your role. Here, I will use your picks to influence the design of your role, allowing for some extra depth.
I believe that Boon said right up front that he is influencing the design. In particular it's not a
normal
upick. I wouldn't put it past him to flaunt the definition of mod influence all the way to allowing the design to influence alignment. Yes it could be considered bastard by some, but he did kinda announce what he was doing.
In post 1344, davesaz wrote:
In post 1284, chkflip wrote:I will say that Vecna has completely avoided posting anything more than a prodge since his wagon picked up and that's telling to me.
This is worth checking into.
I kinda wonder if Vecna would claim that role as scum precisely because scum wouldn't claim it.

Also wonder if the people who get the effect give it passively to anyone they target, instead of being compulsively forced to infect someone. Or maybe it's designed to nerf roles by making people think they have to avoid targeting.
In post 1349, davesaz wrote:
In post 1347, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1344, davesaz wrote:
In post 1284, chkflip wrote:I will say that Vecna has completely avoided posting anything more than a prodge since his wagon picked up and that's telling to me.
This is worth checking into.
I kinda wonder if Vecna would claim that role as scum precisely because scum wouldn't claim it.

Also wonder if the people who get the effect give it passively to anyone they target, instead of being compulsively forced to infect someone. Or maybe it's designed to nerf roles by making people think they have to avoid targeting.
Well, the most interesting about his role, that so far nobody has mentioned, is that he received an extremely negative utility role in a uPick, so it kind of makes you wonder what role he actually requested. I got the exact role and flavour I asked for, obviously that wasn’t true for everyone but really how likely is it in a uPick, to get such an extremely negative town role?
I feel strongly that if someone submitted mostly scum stuff they will have a scum role.
In post 1363, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Vecna
I keep thinking about how improbable it is that his role is town. I think a wagon here will be very revealing no matter who the day's lynch ends up being.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:53 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1363, davesaz wrote:I keep thinking about how improbable it is that his role is town. I think a wagon here will be very revealing no matter who the day's lynch ends up being.
Translation, in more blunt terms for anyone who has trouble with educated forms of speech.

He's scum. The role is unlikely to be town.

Even if y'all don't agree and we don't lynch him, I think the wagon will yield good info.

Two thoughts. Both are consistent.
Try again...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1366, davesaz wrote:Are you having difficulty understanding that I'm only actually here the few minutes around each time I post?
Of course the timing is "now" because "now" is when I'm here.
Nah. You were here a few days ago when he first claimed. It's not like you haven't made posts since then.

Here's the thing. None of your justification is new, it was all available immediately after he claimed.

What's changed? KK and a couple others expressing willingness to lynch the guy. Based on new developments, ie Vecna not contributing much lately. But that doesn't play into your claimed reasoning.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by The Fonz »

As for the role itself, my thoughts haven't changed; this is a trap role, designed to create day one controversy and tempt people into lynching Town.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

So you're 100% okay with the game millerizing if he's being honest and losing to some strange cult-like 3rd party bullshit we won't be able to get ahead of if he's lying?

I'm just curious where your line is, Fonz.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1371, chkflip wrote:So you're 100% okay with the game millerizing if he's being honest and losing to some strange cult-like 3rd party bullshit we won't be able to get ahead of if he's lying?

I'm OK with the game millerizing. I suspect the game is balanced such that it will ultimately not matter too much, and that a single mislynch is more costly.
BooneyToonzExpert
BooneyToonzExpert
Goon
BooneyToonzExpert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by BooneyToonzExpert »

In post 1372, The Fonz wrote:
In post 1371, chkflip wrote:So you're 100% okay with the game millerizing if he's being honest and losing to some strange cult-like 3rd party bullshit we won't be able to get ahead of if he's lying?

I'm OK with the game millerizing. I suspect the game is balanced such that it will ultimately not matter too much, and that a single mislynch is more costly.
I agree with this, but I'm ok with lynching Vecna too.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

So your stance is that lynching Vecna is suboptimal but you're happy to do it anyway?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”