Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1824, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1776, chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: RCEnigma
VOTE: Venus and Mars

RCE vote was pressure. This one isn't.
This one is just wrong :P

For the record all the games I see Nancy keeps saying that she is obvtown, I think at this point this is not a tell for anything thing one way or another. Sorry fellow Sailor.

~Venus
It actually is but I don’t want to suffer from similar consequences as the dude in TM, so I won’t elaborate.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1823, Venus and Mars wrote:We are not unvoting RCE his vote is blood atrocious, replacing a twice lurking slot is icing in the cake for the lynch.

~Venus
It’s actually only once but town!him would know his vote on me is bad, so I think the OMGUS was kind of scummy.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1825, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1824, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1776, chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: RCEnigma
VOTE: Venus and Mars

RCE vote was pressure. This one isn't.
This one is just wrong :P

For the record all the games I see Nancy keeps saying that she is obvtown, I think at this point this is not a tell for anything thing one way or another. Sorry fellow Sailor.

~Venus
It actually is but I don’t want to suffer from similar consequences as the dude in TM, so I won’t elaborate.
I’m obvtown based on play, that’s the difference if I ever were to say that as scum, I obviously wouldn’t have anything to base it on.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1742, davesaz wrote:Followup question: should we interpret that to mean that you were unconcerned about your alignment/role and wanted to give Boon free reign?
I don't think it's indicative of anything but style, just curious. ;)
I still don't think alignment comes into play with picks, but I definitely didn't when I submitted the picks.

I wanted to come up with weird ideas for picks so that Boon had to think about what the roles would be.
Although tbh I really don't see how my flavour fits my role at all.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

@RCE, I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you honestly had no fucking clue what you actually were implying, I certainly hope not anyway. Unless you seriously want me and everyone else who was in that game to think that you honestly want to be identified with someone who calls deceased people’s parents “assholes”, you had better redact your comments. My best friend recently died and you having the gaul to compare yourself with the person who mistreated me is totally uncool. I wasn’t going to say anything but I couldn’t let that stand. Now, if you’re either woat town or scum trying to mislynch me, I can’t tell but don’t ever fucking bring A50 up to me in that context in any game ever. Thanks.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1829, Venus and Mars wrote:@RCE, I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you honestly had no fucking clue what you actually were implying, I certainly hope not anyway. Unless you seriously want me and everyone else who was in that game to think that you honestly want to be identified with someone who calls people’s deceased parents “assholes”, you had better redact your comments. My best friend recently died and you having the gaul to compare yourself with the person who mistreated me is totally uncool. I wasn’t going to say anything but I couldn’t let that stand. Now, if you’re either woat town or scum trying to mislynch me, I can’t tell but don’t ever fucking bring A50 up to me in that context in any game ever. Thanks.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

Cut the AtE. He means he's going to be at odds with you and that's literally it. This isn't obvtown behavior. Knock it off.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

Umm, uncomfortable.

As a bystander I see a huge disconnect here. I saw a huge disconnect in the last game too. I'm willing to discuss privately what actually happened in both cases from the outside looking in, at a time that we're not in an ongoing game. Feel free to PM if you want to hear my perspective. I don't know if it will help, because it's a head vs heart type thing, but still want to offer.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1831, chkflip wrote:Cut the AtE. He means he's going to be at odds with you and that's literally it. This isn't obvtown behavior. Knock it off.
Shut up.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1833, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1831, chkflip wrote:Cut the AtE. He means he's going to be at odds with you and that's literally it. This isn't obvtown behavior. Knock it off.
Shut up.
A50 ruined that game for me and I don’t want to continue to be reminded of it. As someone who’s voting town, I’m not interested in your opinion on that.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Ooh Conflict Resolution time!

So do you guys want to do lose-lose, lose-win, win-lose, compromise, or win-
win
-win?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1834, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1833, Venus and Mars wrote:
Shut up.
A50 ruined that game for me and I don’t want to continue to be reminded of it. As someone who’s voting town, I’m not interested in your opinion on that.
He can say virtually the same thing without bringing A50 into it and you are probably the very last person who ought to be lecturing me about that.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1835, Michael Scott wrote:Ooh Conflict Resolution time!

So do you guys want to do lose-lose, lose-win, win-lose, compromise, or win-
win
-win?
I don’t appreciate chk, who is not exactly known for his sensitivity to be lecturing me about that, especially when he can’t correctly read me it his life depended on it.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1832, davesaz wrote:Umm, uncomfortable.

As a bystander I see a huge disconnect here. I saw a huge disconnect in the last game too. I'm willing to discuss privately what actually happened in both cases from the outside looking in, at a time that we're not in an ongoing game. Feel free to PM if you want to hear my perspective. I don't know if it will help, because it's a head vs heart type thing, but still want to offer.
It’s not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, I just want to forget about what A50 put me through. I really don’t think that’s a lot to ask.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1838, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1832, davesaz wrote:Umm, uncomfortable.

It’s not my intention to make anyone uncomfortable, I just want to forget about what A50 put me through. I really don’t think that’s a lot to ask.
RCE can say he’s at odds with me, that’s fine, so long as he leaves A50 tf out of it.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Nancy! I'll set some context for RCE's behaviour around me.
He explicitly stated his Michael Scott was arbitrary - he was just throwing out a townread based on next to nothing (one post that was "vaguely towny") and decided to sheep onto BTE as a starting point.
Yes, it looks awkward, but he admitted it wasn't a serious read by any means. Is it really scummy to do that? If anything, I see it as pro-town to start off sheeping a wagon, no?
Fine - you said you don't want to be reminded of Almost50, and I'm sure RCE will respect that. He simply meant he would be A50 in the sense that he's pushing you, and obviously not that he would be toxic to you in that way.

RCE, why did you write Nancy off as scum for misunderstanding your play? She's not immune from misunderstanding things that way and has done it plenty before - I don't know why it's likelier to have come from scum. And Nancy like always throws meta challenges ("my play is so obviously different from <scumgame> and so obviously similar to <towngame>") so that's not scum indicative either. I was townleaning her off some early game stuff, it's weird that you conclude she's "so scum" just from that misunderstanding.

Nancy, I was actually happy at how you had handled Chk earlier. I would appreciate it if you gave everyone maximum benefit of doubt. I would appreciate it if you didn't treat anyone who scumread you as a WOAT. I don't feel it's "obvious" that you're town here by play, I think your scumgame is pretty damn good - your winrate as scum should speak for itself, no?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1840, Michael Scott wrote:Nancy! I'll set some context for RCE's behaviour around me.
He explicitly stated his Michael Scott was arbitrary - he was just throwing out a townread based on next to nothing (one post that was "vaguely towny") and decided to sheep onto BTE as a starting point.
Yes, it looks awkward, but he admitted it wasn't a serious read by any means. Is it really scummy to do that? If anything, I see it as pro-town to start off sheeping a wagon, no?
Fine - you said you don't want to be reminded of Almost50, and I'm sure RCE will respect that. He simply meant he would be A50 in the sense that he's pushing you, and obviously not that he would be toxic to you in that way.

RCE, why did you write Nancy off as scum for misunderstanding your play? She's not immune from misunderstanding things that way and has done it plenty before - I don't know why it's likelier to have come from scum. And Nancy like always throws meta challenges ("my play is so obviously different from <scumgame> and so obviously similar to <towngame>") so that's not scum indicative either. I was townleaning her off some early game stuff, it's weird that you conclude she's "so scum" just from that misunderstanding.

Nancy, I was actually happy at how you had handled Chk earlier. I would appreciate it if you gave everyone maximum benefit of doubt. I would appreciate it if you didn't treat anyone who scumread you as a WOAT. I don't feel it's "obvious" that you're town here by play, I think your scumgame is pretty damn good - your winrate as scum should speak for itself, no?
RCE compared my play in PFUPS to this one. How? I’m playing nothing like that here. If it isn’t obvious that I’m town by play yet, it most certainly will be. I don’t play like this as scum but the whole A50 thing is NAI. It literally ruined that game for me and while I understand RCE might not have realized the effect it would have on me, he should, which is why I said I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I legit don’t want to be reminded of what A50 did to me. It seriously messed me up and not just in the game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Titus »

These conversations are why I hate meta. Can we agree that regardless of who scumreads whom that we're all good peopke?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

You're likely biased to some degree in how you evaluate your own play.
It's very possible that RCE sees something which you don't in your play - instead of attacking him over it directly, you should try to understand what exactly he means, and then debate that instead.
If RCE's talking out of his ass, it'll be obvious when you make him explain.
I'm sure RCE won't bring up A50 again.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

Have you even read that game, Auro? A50 never pushed me - not in the sense of sr me. He “pushed” me by insinuating I was dumb, insane and he threatened my dead parents, then called my late mom an “asshole”. It was at the very least, extremely insensitive for RCE to have invoked him in that context. I strongly advise you to do an ISO check of exactly what A50 said to me and honestly tell me, I’m over reacting to this.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by chkflip »

Apparently not because I'm still being called names and openly disregarded when I said the same thing as Scott in a third of the words.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 1842, Titus wrote:These conversations are why I hate meta. Can we agree that regardless of who scumreads whom that we're all good peopke?
Yes! The objective is to have fun.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 1844, Venus and Mars wrote:Have you even read that game, Auro? A50 never pushed me - not in the sense of sr me. He “pushed” me by insinuating I was dumb, insane and he threatened my dead parents, then called my late mom an “asshole”. It was at the very least, extremely insensitive for RCE to have invoked him in that context. I strongly advise you to do an ISO check of exactly what A50 said to me and honestly tell me, I’m over reacting to this.
I have read parts of that. A50 was undoubtedly toxic.
But I can guarantee you that RCE wasn't referring to any of that.
I'm only saying you're over-reacting to what you feel is RCE's implications here, when there are none really. Get what I mean?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Now, let's get to lynching scum.

VOTE: Davesaz

Choo choo!
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 1843, Michael Scott wrote:You're likely biased to some degree in how you evaluate your own play.
It's very possible that RCE sees something which you don't in your play - instead of attacking him over it directly, you should try to understand what exactly he means, and then debate that instead.
If RCE's talking out of his ass, it'll be obvious when you make him explain.
I'm sure RCE won't bring up A50 again.
I know for a fact that my play in THIS game is nothing like PFUPS. I don’t know if RCE has legit forgotten about my play in that game/mixed me up with one of my hydra partners/or is knowingly misrepping my play in that. Any one of those things is possible. So, if he’s conflating my play in that with my hydra mates, that might explain that disconnect. I know that my play here, is not even in the same stratosphere as PFUPS.

So, if you honestly think I’m misunderstanding RCE’s play, I’m willing to listen.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”