Fake Listmodding

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Fake Listmodding

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by bugspray »

Welcome to the Pretend Queue

Introduction
Pretend Games
are games that can have 4 to 9 players and are played in The Speakeasy or Something. Pretend games can be Themed, Normal, Open, Forwards, Backward, Left, Right, or Bastard. This queue is for players and moderators of Pretend Games. If you have any questions about any game in the queue or in progress, please ask in this thread and your question might be answered.

Players
Signing Up:
Please post in this thread indicating which game you’d like to join. There will be up to two thousand games in the queue at a time. You need to specify which game you are signing up for (I.E. “/in for bugspray's game” or “/in for Greatest Idea Mafia”).
A non-specific “/in” or “/in for next” will be ignored.
Furthermore any attempt to sign-up for a game not currently in the queue will also be ignored. Finally, if it is not obvious who the players inside a hydra account are when they sign up, they will also be ignored. Contact the Game Moderator of the upcoming game if you wish to pre-in.

Player Requirements:
There is no experience requirement to play in a Pretend Game. However, playing through at least fifty marathon games is recommended. Game moderators may not have player experience restrictions for their games within reason.

Game Limits:
There is no limit to how many Pretend games you can be in, and I would not suggest you are sensible. Failure to keep up with games could not lead to sanctions.

Order of Players:
Players will be added to a game's sign-up list in a random order as they have signed up, first come may not be first served. Players who sign up for a game but then decide to change their status to a hydra will be treated to a day in the stinky poo poo pits even if doing so is something they would enjoy. This is to encourgage players to try and jump the line in a full or nearly full game.

Hydras:
Hydras are REQUIRED in the Pretend Queue, but may be restricted by game moderators. Please disclose the members of your hydra when you sign up. If you wish to remain anonymous, please send me a PM.

Game Moderators
Experience Requirements:
To sign up to moderate a Normal or Open Pretend, you must have been active on the site for at least 3 months and have completed at least one game as a player. First time moderators in the Pretend queue are required to have a backup moderator.

To sign up to moderate a Themed Pretend Game, you must have successfully moderated one Pretend/Mini Normal or Open Game. If you have experience moderating on other sites, you may request those games to count as your game of experience; please contact me via PM. You must still have been active on the site for at least three months and have completed at least one Mafia game.

Other Requirements:
You may mod up to two Pretend Games concurrently. If you wish to do so, your first game will need to fill before the second game can enter signups. Additional information on modding requirements can be found here.

Signing Up:
Moderators who wish to run a game need to post in the thread with the following form.
/in to Mod

Game Name:

Game Type:
Is your game a Theme, Normal, or Open?

Game Size:
How many players can join your game?

Co/Backup Mod:
Not required, but strongly recommended

Reviewed By:
Not required, but strongly recommended

Hydrae Allowed?:
Will you allow hydra to sign-up?

Other Restrictions?:
Are there restrictions for who can play your game?

Deadlines?:
What Day/Night deadlines will you use for your game?

Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics?
cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game

Description:
Is there any other information players should know about your game?

**Italicized items can be removed
Spoiler: Code

Code: Select all

[b]/in to Mod[/b]
[area][b]Game Name:[/b] 
[b]Game Type:[/b] [i]Is your game a Theme, Normal, or Open?[/i]
[b]Game Size:[/b] [i]How many players can join your game?[/i]

[b]Co/Backup Mod:[/b] [i]Not required, but strongly recommended[/i]
[b]Reviewed By:[/b] [i]Not required, but strongly recommended[/i]

[b]Hydrae Allowed?:[/b] [i]Will you allow hydra to sign-up?[/i]
[b]Other Restrictions?:[/b] [i]Are there restrictions for who can play your game?[/i]
[b]Deadlines?:[/b] [i]What Day/Night deadlines will you use for your game?[/i]
[b]Is it possible your game has any of the following bastard roles or mechanics?[/b] [i]cults, mid-game alignment changes, moderator lies that cannot be reasonably anticipated (for example, Godfather, Tailor, Miller, Ninja, and mechanics like that are generally fine. Telling someone they are a reflexive doctor when they're actually a PGO is not), secret win conditions, un-divulged non-randomness in player role/alignment generation, direct moderator influence during the game[/i]

[b]Description:[/b] [i]Is there any other information players should know about your game?[/i][/area]

Pre-in Limits:
You may fill your player list with up to two-thirds, rounded down, of pre-inned players. Please remind any players who have a pre-in to confirm in this queue.

Sign-Up Time Limit:
Games that have not filled within 14 days of beginning sign-ups will be pulled from the queue. Games that are close will be given extra time at my discretion.

Co-Mod/Back-Up Mods:
Having a qualified Co-Mod or Back-up Mod is required for first time moderators and strongly recommended for moderators with previous expierence. Qualified Co-Mods and Back-up Mods must also meet the modding requirements for the Pretend. Looking for a Mod? Check out this thread. If you do not have a qualified Co-Mod or Back-up Mod I will request via PM all of the information for your game.

Game Reviews:
Pretend games being classified as Normal must be reviewed for Normalcy. I'll send you a PM to get the review process started when you sign up.

For Theme and Open games, having your game reviewed is not required but strongly recommended. Game Moderators who wish to utilize the private topic feature in order to facilitate this can contact me to set one up. When advertising, moderators should only cite reviewers who have explicitly approved the final version of the setup.

Game Threads:
Game Moderators will have 72 hours from the time I have confirmed the player list, game number, and given Mayfair Club access to start the topic for their games. Game Moderators should begin the game within a reasonable amount of time, if more than 7 days go by without starting the game will be considered abandoned.

Filled Games:
Once a game has been filled the playerlist will be locked, and no further additions will be allowed (unless someone drops out before the playerlist is released). Please allow up to 24-48 hours for the playerlist to be released.

Communications:
Please respond to any PMs I send you at your earliest convenience. If I do go more than a week without hearing from you, you will be at risk from being bumped from the queue for another Game Moderator who is ready.

ResourcesWood
Coal
Sheep
Clay
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by bugspray »

/out to listmod
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”