The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Vote: chkflip
let's be honest, I can't think of anyone more likely to send in scum leaning picks to a Boon game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 151, chkflip wrote:He has zero base on that. It's just a thing he said. Fonz is fun like that. The Nacho quote was from a game I didn't counterclaim his doc claim until the next day when the cop cleared me and guiltied his partner. I was railing into him pretty hard that phase. To his credit he almost got a newb to side with him.

VOTE: Kakeguri Addicts

Sheeping the og vote on this wag.
I don't have zero base. I have not much base, what with it being page one and all, and don't get me wrong it was a fun vote coming from a place of love.

But after the last BT, plus your behaviour in that dead thread, I absolutely do not believe you want to be town in a game with Titus and Nancy (and TSE, though he wasn't there) if you have the chance to influence things otherwise. So I do think you are more likely than random to have made picks that are scum-only or often scum.

Sorry, bro. Guess you better catch scum early if you're town.

Sorry, bro.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:51 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 158, Titus wrote:Not feeling well. Will try to post substantively tmo.
Get well soon, Titus!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 201, Vecna wrote:Anyways, I also have some other more pro-town stuff going on with my role Pm, so id prefer to just play the game instead of getting lynched d1
Leashing seems like a decent idea. If we do that presumably the claimed Miller is a good call for one of the uses.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 223, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 222, Auro wrote:If he was scum who could "cancerously millerize" town and neuter cops, why even claim it?
He could just target his scum allies I guess.

Which is why the targets should probably be:

1 on Miller. And 1 on the most confirmed Town for D1. Since there's no way to mechanically TR them after that.
Well there are investigative roles that aren't cops. But yeah.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

@Kakeguri: it is strongly my belief that alignment is not randomised prior to role creation, and that someone who wanted to be scum could influence role allocation by picking scum only roles for the Booneytoonz list, or quotes from players from games where they were scum, etc.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Vote: GeorgeBailey
a presumably policy vote on TSE followed by a vote on someone who's not here doesn't scream town motive, and tbh I'm not really seeing anything in the more active posters that deserves votes.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 246, jjh927 wrote:
In post 244, The Fonz wrote:@Kakeguri: it is strongly my belief that alignment is not randomised prior to role creation, and that someone who wanted to be scum could influence role allocation by picking scum only roles for the Booneytoonz list, or quotes from players from games where they were scum, etc.
Your strong belief is wrong. Undivulged non-randomness is bastard. Alignment is assumed to be randomised.
Upicks are inherently non random.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:43 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 250, jjh927 wrote:
In post 248, The Fonz wrote:
In post 246, jjh927 wrote:
In post 244, The Fonz wrote:@Kakeguri: it is strongly my belief that alignment is not randomised prior to role creation, and that someone who wanted to be scum could influence role allocation by picking scum only roles for the Booneytoonz list, or quotes from players from games where they were scum, etc.
Your strong belief is wrong. Undivulged non-randomness is bastard. Alignment is assumed to be randomised.
Upicks are inherently non random.
UPick ROLES are inherently non-random, but this does not include alignment
What happens if someone picks Traitor, Framer, SK as their picks? How can they possibly end up town?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 303, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 247, The Fonz wrote:a presumably policy vote on TSE
That was actually my RVS. I kinda know the guy so I wanted some sort of reaction from him. I switched after nothing really happened with him.
In post 247, The Fonz wrote:followed by a vote on someone who's not here
Ye, what's wrong with voting people who havent even posted yet? I like to sort people after everyone has atleast posted a few times.
It's low effort and unlikely to move the game forward. It means you're not picking up on anything happening in thread, which can speak to lack of town motive. *Shrug* I don't really see scum anywhere else yet, mostly people throwing their (presumably) usual playstyles at each other in a way that seems largely boring and NAI to me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 314, Vecna wrote:Thats an odd post Fonz. Youre harping on George for not picking up on anything in the thread, yet he's your only scumread? And you dont see anything elsewhere yourself?
Eh, if his vote had been premised on everyone else being null at worst, that would be fine, that would be a stance he'd taken. I've done "Most of the active players seem like town with theory disagreement and egos, I suspect a high concentration of lurking scum" before. A naked vote on an inactive is basically the least useful thing a town player can do, so it speaks to a potential lack of town motive. He's also not participated in any form of mech chat.
How can he pick up on anything if he's the only one doing anything noteworthy scummy according to you? You want him to scumread himself?
This is silly. There's conversation happening, I'm just getting a mixture of NAI and weak town vibes off of it. In that scenario, I vote for someone not doing much. This is also why I'm not actively defending the couple votes on me - as it happens, I'm struggling to get into the game, but "just struggling to get into the game" is a thing that is exhibited by scum >random.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

Boon actively refused to answer the "Which came first, alignments or roles" type question btw, but implied it could be worked out based on in thread information.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 337, Krazy Katz wrote:FYI Amrun works in healthcare and coronavirus means I'm basically in charge of this hydra until further notice.

She liked Conspire for town off early RVS posting but has been too busy to give a lot of updates since then, she's hoping to check in before the thread gets totally out of control but can't guarantee that will be tonight

-K
Oooh me too. <3 Amrun
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 330, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 325, The Fonz wrote:Boon actively refused to answer the "Which came first, alignments or roles" type question btw, but implied it could be worked out based on in thread information.
I personaly think alignment came first it would be weird if multiple people send scum roles and hard to balance and role isnt always alignment dependant anywa.

~Venus
Yeah, I actually don't care any more, I just figured the way Upicks are done is give everyone as close as possible to their picks while maintaining balance, and that if that were the case, chkflip is slightly more likely than anyone else to have requested all scum picks. That made it slightly better than random for a first page vote.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 348, chkflip wrote:Because I can simply not engage with you at the level you took it in that game. Never did I mention Titus, specifically, that I can recall. If there is a shit ton of ??????? confusion like there was in that game, I'm more likely to just allow someone else to understand and parse instead of repeating myself ad nauseam like we did there. Blaming me for your shit action in a game you also followed the same persons logic is a hilarious attempt at discrediting me out of the gate.
Wait,what? Is this aimed at me?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (isolation #15) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 352, Auro wrote:^No, it's at Nancy.
Ah OK it wasn't attributed and followed my post, and I was also in that game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:28 am

Post by The Fonz »

Oh God we're going to get into another of those arguments about which specific escalation between "Your reads are wrong" and "I wish actual rl suffering on you and your loved ones" was the one that actually crossed the line. I'mma tap out for 24hrs for the sake of my mental health as I find these things deeply uncomfortable. Hopefully something happens to allow me to get a firmer read on the game on my return.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Back. No real new insights. I guess nothing I've seen from Dave precludes scum. Happy there's a George wagon.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by The Fonz »

This is tough because a lot of the argumentation seems to be meta claims between pairs of players I've not seen together before
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Hey, the Boon Shakespeare game was really unpleasant for me mentally, and I make zero apologies for stepping out of this one for the sake of my wellbeing when it looked like it was going that way again. That wasn't a prodge, because I was active prior to it. I was very much actively in the game at that moment and needed to stop being.

As for the second I'm not making up a fucking read just to satisfy you, so go away.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:01 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 848, Auro wrote:@Fonz: Join us on the Conspire wagon?
Nah. Lurker wise I think GB is scummier by some distance, and I'd probably rather do BTE than Conspire as well.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:49 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 851, Auro wrote:Is there anything town-indicative you see from Conspire?
Not a lot. It's a vibe, mostly.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 858, Auro wrote:Would you be able to explain why you get that vibe in some amount of detail?
It's a combination of cosmic seeming relaxed, and seeing the game the same way I do. Then the admittedly slightly forced push on chkflip looks like someone trying to get shit done without any strong pings to go off.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Eh, I think this is a reasonable twist on a juvenile delinquent; instead of potentially disabling all cops N1, it slowly removes cop abilities from the thread. And it makes sense for it to be a penalty you can remove, but it costs you a town lynch. It's also possible that certain roles are immune; my own role has a modifier whose in game effect is explicitly unknown, so I'm guessing there may be other unexplained modifiers out there, one of which might confer immunity.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 927, Auro wrote:
In post 861, Auro wrote:
In post 859, The Fonz wrote:It's a combination of cosmic seeming relaxed, and seeing the game the same way I do. Then the admittedly slightly forced push on chkflip looks like someone trying to get shit done without any strong pings to go off.
"Seeming relaxed" - I don't recall the game consensus pushing them, is there a reason not to be relaxed as scum? With no concrete wagons anywhere, this is exactly the kind of gamestate where scum would be relaxed, no?
"Same way I do" - which parts, exactly?
"Get shit done" - Sure, if they're town, they're trying to go somewhere without strong pings. If they're scum, they're trying to appear town by making some push. What makes this more likely to come from town?

The lack of posts from the other head must be telling to some extent, no?
@The Fonz
Relaxation - it's an anti LAMIST kind of vibe. They're not overly concerned with how they come across.

Seeing game same way: Not really seeing anything strong at this stage, but trying to push as best they can on the little they can find. I think it's reasonably easy for scum to fake strong stances if they think it's tactically advantangeous. And the missing head thing is a reach, mate. How is not being here at all SI?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 936, Krazy Katz wrote:Fonz j/w but if you claimed serial killer day 1 I just want you to know we wouldn't lynch you. So are you serial killer? You can claim it with day 1 safety is what I'm saying

-K
No I'm a nightkill immune Miller vig, isn't that what all the cool mods are calling it these days?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 940, Krazy Katz wrote:The kool kats just claim serial killer

-K
How would you know? :wink:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 997, Chronos wrote:Actually I don't like jjh's vote there, hmm..

UNVOTE:

Anyone got any hard town read on jjh and wants to fill me with their insight?
Yeah, but I'm at work so later.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right, catching up. Sorry I just collapsed into bed when I got home last night.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:05 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1109, Michael Scott wrote:Didn't The Fonz also say there was some hidden/unexplained part in his role?
Yep, specifically a modifier that Boon described as being like "Hmm what is this?" It's possible there's secret immunity modifiers. Of course, it's also possible there's secret susceptibility modifiers that might make people die from the virus. It's Boon.

I basically agree with any "Vecna didn't make this up, and probably wouldn't have claimed it as scum," takes. My one fear is that Vecna is a third party, who wins if everyone gets the virus or something.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1120, Michael Scott wrote:The Fonz, what do you think about Mechanic?
No opinion about them to the point of the quoted post; had they even posted?

A quick ISO reveals that their gripes are similar to mine, and their reads are the same except for me it's JJH rather than Chronos I town read off the early game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:20 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right UTD.

I town read JJH, Michael Scott, Vecna, Conspire and will oppose any attempt to wagon those.

Nancy is pretty hard null, that is seems to be hewing so closely to meta that I can't say I have any opinion either way. Don't really want to lynch her because I think she's useful if town and likely to tell later.

I'm mil gut scum reading Titus off play, but idk if she would fakeclaim renegade, or claim it honestly as scum right off the bat.

George, Dave and BTE are definitely not outside my POE at the moment.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1229 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1226, Chronos wrote:Fonz, what do you think of jjh now as opposed to early game?
I'll ISO now and post JJH related thoughts all together.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah JJH is still town. Looks to me like he found a pretty strong scumread in Dave, sat on it, made some effort to flag it up to others, then saw that wasn't flying so just joined in pushes on low content slots to get things going. Currently on George which I think is a decent shout for an actual lynch, still not really seeing any solve minded actions there.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Part of the problem here is there's like a core of nullness for me in Kakeguri, nom, xtoxm/sore feet, chronos, where I don't necessarily agree with any arguments any of them are forwarding, see them all as plausibly coming from town but not outside the scum range of decent scum. The thing Mechanic talked about where everyone's basing a lot on meta of games I wasn't in is part of this.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:45 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1235, Chronos wrote:Hmm idk this progression thing reads well for dave. Seems like a perfectly reasonable reaction to make if he doesn't think jjh is making a fair point and using their experience in the wrong way. Why are people scum reading him again?
He's just super mediocre and not showing a ton of scumhunting initiative. I don't think there's a much better scumcase on anyone else right now.

Chronos, do you believe that all role info put into the thread so far is probably genuine?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1240, Conspire wrote:
In post 1238, Krazy Katz wrote:Scum makes more excuses about rl

-K
Really? I've always been the reverse. Feels dirty to use irl as an excuse when scum.

-Cosmic
It's more that town makes more effort to post in thread even when it's personally inconvenient, especially if they feel their solving skills are needed. Most memorably embodied by Yosarian2 posting in a lylo as town the morning after his wedding.

I find it's less about specifically making excuses as to how much focus someone puts on using their limited time to sort/place key votes/etc. Like if someone is being asked to claim, and posts to say they don't have time to claim and it's unfair, they're almost certainly scum.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1252 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1247, Chronos wrote:
In post 1237, The Fonz wrote:Chronos, do you believe that all role info put into the thread so far is probably genuine?
I skipped all of them because it gives me a migraine and I suck with mechanics anyway.

Want my newb takes anyway?
Yes.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1259, Chronos wrote:Ok, specifically what am I supposed to comment on? Vecna's claim?
Vecna's claim, Titus' claim, KK claiming Miller, my modifier of unknown effect?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

I've just realised Chronos sounds a bit like Corona
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (isolation #40) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1333, Venus and Mars wrote: @Fonz and @chk? How tf am I a null to both of you here? What have I been doing that is even remotely different here than in the last game?
Players playing to meta are null. I haven't to the best of my recollection seen your scum game, but I have more respect for you than to think you'd behave so differently from your town game to town read you just for having a similar tone to prior games before I start getting flips and analyzing wagon dynamics.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Unvote, vote Davesaz

Timing of that is SUPER suspect, Dave. You've had all game to vote Vecna based off his claim, and now you're doing it at a point when the anti Vecna sentiment is swelling based on lacklustre recent play? Without actually being willing to call that play scummy? In fact distancing yourself from your vote in the same paragraph you make it by claiming that it's for information and you're not committed to lynching him.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1366, davesaz wrote:Are you having difficulty understanding that I'm only actually here the few minutes around each time I post?
Of course the timing is "now" because "now" is when I'm here.
Nah. You were here a few days ago when he first claimed. It's not like you haven't made posts since then.

Here's the thing. None of your justification is new, it was all available immediately after he claimed.

What's changed? KK and a couple others expressing willingness to lynch the guy. Based on new developments, ie Vecna not contributing much lately. But that doesn't play into your claimed reasoning.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by The Fonz »

As for the role itself, my thoughts haven't changed; this is a trap role, designed to create day one controversy and tempt people into lynching Town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1372 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1371, chkflip wrote:So you're 100% okay with the game millerizing if he's being honest and losing to some strange cult-like 3rd party bullshit we won't be able to get ahead of if he's lying?

I'm just curious where your line is, Fonz.
I'm OK with the game millerizing. I suspect the game is balanced such that it will ultimately not matter too much, and that a single mislynch is more costly.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1374 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

So your stance is that lynching Vecna is suboptimal but you're happy to do it anyway?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:34 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1378, sore feet wrote:my stance is that lynching a low power/neg utility/possible 3p role d1 is still a good outcome town. its a boon game and its role madness, avoiding a lynch on a strong role leaves town better off.
particularly when the player in the slot:
- is putting zero effort into finding an alternative lynch to itself
- not engaging wrt use of its role
- not someone i trust vote correctly in lylo

not to speak for BTE.
Yeah, I think you're wrong, but I can live with people who are either

A) Willing to openly policy lynch
B) Willing to put their neck on the line and say its a scum gambit.

My problem is with players who:

C) Say they agree with me that they think it's a trap role, designed to bait town into a harmful mislynch, but are OK with doing that mislynch anyway
D) Decide to vote the player after others express suspicion, when the reason they give for the vote was true
before
anyone else expressed suspicion.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (isolation #47) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1402, nomnomnom wrote:apparently from what I've seen there's a massive role that can fuck everyone over so it's preferable to policy lynch there? Why aren't we doing that
This role was claimed six days ago? Why didn't you react like this at the time?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (isolation #48) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I really don't understand why you
wouldn't
make Katz one of them.

George's post last page felt gut scummy, but I can't put my finger on why.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1658 (isolation #49) » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I also received the same item. Not sure if that means it was given to me to use, or used on me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1861 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1823, Venus and Mars wrote:We are not unvoting RCE his vote is blood atrocious, replacing a twice lurking slot is icing in the cake for the lynch.

~Venus
This is bad reasoning.

Even if I didn't dislike this lazy "Multiple replace = scum" meme that seems to be a thing now (Krazy was town in TBONTB, lol) the first replace being caused by the player being site banned for toxic behavior makes it difficult to think that was alignment relevant.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Can someone ISO Kakeguri and tell me what they think? Reason being, I see their play specifically toward me as scummy, but am having a hard time parsing out how much of this is me feeling omgus.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Post by The Fonz »

They quoted me saying I was taking time out of the game for mental health reasons to ask me if I'd responded to people calling me underwhelming. I was obviously not going to respond because... I was taking time out for MH reasons, so it looked kinda fake.

It's also unclear how anyone can usefully respond to people calling them underwhelming. Like, I can absolutely see why people thought that, I was having trouble getting reads. The only way to change that is to get more into the game. Am I supposed to turn around and lie and say that I'm not having trouble getting into the game? Am I supposed to OMGUS people for not unreasonable reads? It feels like a trap question.

Also, if you read their justification, it's not "I feel Fonz is underwhelming." It's "Other people are saying Fonz is underwhelming." Which has that "Hiding behind other people's reasoning" aspect to it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2148 (isolation #53) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 1969, RCEnigma wrote:I'll give minor points since two people had already claimed to receive Barb's and you didn't read them at all. Which town!Nancy would do and I'm not sure if scum!Nancy would or wouldn't miss that information.
This looks like a town thought process tbh
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2149 (isolation #54) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I don't want anything to do with the chk vs Nancy argument. I think I it's most likely TvT, but I'm more confident in chk town, and if forced to pick between them I will. I agree that basically everything chk brings up is really unpleasant to play with in terms of the defensiveness, the need to be TR, the accusing any disagreement of being awful play. I just think that's Nancy. At least, Nancy in current headspace. The only bit I think might be AI is the bit near the end about Vecna.

chk simply doesn't lay his ass on the line like that if he ain't town.

@Titus, would you strongly object to being passed a barb? I clarified with Boon that me being passed it wasn't it being used on me, and me passing it isn't me using it either. I feel there's some town utility in testing your role, and you may (do not comment here on whether you can or not) be able to make it loyal, disloyal or desperate in a way that helps confirm alignment down the road. I don't want you not to receive anything, and I don't want Nancy to have to declare where she's sending.

OTOH there is a risk that passing the barb might mean one or other of us gets pricked in the handover.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (isolation #55) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2179, Titus wrote:Is there anything urgent I need to read in the explosion of posts last night? I just want to play with poisonous inactivated barbs. What could go wrong?
I atted you, I'd appreciate if you could give it a quick peek.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2327 (isolation #56) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Nancy, you're making me super uncomfortable, and if me pointing that out makes you feel hurt, c'est la vie.

You figuratively bit my fucking head off for daring to
null
read you.

I feel like you try to make people feel deficient on a human level, whether intellectually or morally, for opposing you on an in game level.

On an in game level, it seems actually bizarre to me that you genuinely think claiming to be essentially an inventor, not a town only role, in a UPICK, makes you basically conftown. I say if it were to come down to lynching you or chk, I'd rather lynch you, and you point out that isn't the scenario rn. I agree. That isn't the choice atm, and I don't want it to be. That shoulda been clear.

But it is possible for someone to both be intelligent and playing in good faith, and not townread you here.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2330 (isolation #57) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2328, Michael Scott wrote:@Fonzie: She picked literally the same role as in a previous game and got it, and it's also a +town role if she gets her picks right. It's totally plausible she sees this as obvious town.
She can see this as obvious, but it's not from a neutral perspective, and emphasising "I'm a hardclaimed power role!" when everyone is presumably a power role is of no value. Anyway I just really don't want to talk about Nancy; it makes me unhappy and I don't think she's particularly scummy. My game related thoughts basically boil down to "Nancy is probably town, but scum are probably claiming to TR her because why would you release the almighty power of her OMGUS when you don't have to?"
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2333 (isolation #58) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:10 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2331, Michael Scott wrote:Sure. You wanna join on SF? Or do you townread them?
I think I'm conflicted on SF, though to be honest I don't really remember what that's based on, and I want to go play DND instead of mafia rn.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2369 (isolation #59) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Post by The Fonz »

George, KA or nom? Gun to your head, who ya got as scum?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2395 (isolation #60) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I feel like there is a disconnect between nom's stated "Lynch controversial slots" rationale and the choice of George as their lynch target.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2403 (isolation #61) » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I actually feel the exact opposite. You literally just accused him of going with the flow and lacking original insight. Which I think is fair, and why he's in my POE. But it's the exact opposite of being the kind of controversial, lightning rod type player you said you want to lynch.

And I don't know how anyone can feel chk is faking here. His frustration with Nancy feels SUPER genuine.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2603 (isolation #62) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2598, davesaz wrote:
In post 2557, Conspire wrote:I think Nomo is town. Waiting on their answers, but I want to lynch one of George/Dave. Might have to reexamine JJH later since I kinda just forgot about him.

-Cosmic
Strange, you just called me town a few of your posts ago.
This is just very simply false, and easily verifiable as such. What I see of Cosmic's last few posts is cosmic asking Dave for reads or comparisons between players, and Dave consistently ignoring these requests.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2777 (isolation #63) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by The Fonz »

KA claim obviously has to happen and should happen soon.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2779 (isolation #64) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Cool story, bro. Claim.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2783 (isolation #65) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

I suspect that basic boon might be a boon version of Simple, given that complex is also mentioned. Complex and simple roles can't target the other.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2792 (isolation #66) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

OK. I'm giving Titus a bard. Y'all others can decide where you want to go, but if you send there be aware you're duplicating.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2793 (isolation #67) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

*Barb, this isn't DND.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2884 (isolation #68) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 2865, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2847, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 2843, jjh927 wrote:Last chance to visit my animal crossing island
I was considering getting a Switch but each game costs maaaaajor $$$ in India!
This isn’t an MS game? Wtf is a “switch”?
It's someone who likes to Dom or sub at different times.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3101 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I was also a suicidal secret night one cop. Targeted sore feet and got no result (I was unsurprised, this being Boon). I got a sticky fruit.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3102 (isolation #70) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

I'm a Basic Boon btw. That's the modifier I was talking about D1. I didn't expand further because I didn't want to open the 'talking about my role' can of worms given the suicidal cop thing.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3105 (isolation #71) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:52 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3103, jjh927 wrote:Do you know what it does because I know the modifier exists but it says "???"?
No. The role PM basically says "Hey wonder what this does?" My best guess like I said yesterday is that BB is the Boon version of simple. Simple roles can't target complex ones, complex ones can't target simple ones, actions just fail if they do. Having that in the game would fuck with any attempt to use loyal/disloyal to investigate because there'd be non-alignment reasons for actions to fail. For that reason i think it's probably best anyone BB or complex claim.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3106 (isolation #72) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by The Fonz »

*claim the modifier, obviously, not the entire role.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3108 (isolation #73) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also big shout out to Boon for reopening this quickly and saving me from boredom.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3110 (isolation #74) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3109, Venus and Mars wrote:Half the bloody player list seems to be secret day 1 cops xD

~Venus
This was also why I kind of thought Vecna's role was probably nbd. Knowing I was an N1 cop, i figured we might have a couple others, maybe one N2 cop, such that the millerizing was functionally irrelevant. Trap role to try to bait town into lynching it D1.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3197 (isolation #75) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3182, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 3102, The Fonz wrote:I'm a Basic Boon btw. That's the modifier I was talking about D1. I didn't expand further because I didn't want to open the 'talking about my role' can of worms given the suicidal cop thing.
This is what I was townbinning Dave for day 1. I figured this would be a town specific thing.
Yeah, I kept it quiet since I'm relatively confident in my ability to obvtown myself at some point, and I figured the first person to claim it other than me was probably town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3200 (isolation #76) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3191, chkflip wrote:I'm gonna prodge and sheep now.

Posting at all is just bringing back the rage.
Hugs. I will welcome your sheeping.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3227 (isolation #77) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

No fucking massclaim today.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3260 (isolation #78) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 am

Post by The Fonz »

If Titus is ascetic, though, nom wouldn't have gotten a result.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3270 (isolation #79) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:59 am

Post by The Fonz »

Is it possible giving of other objects prevented receipt of the sticky fruit? IE we can only receive one per turn, and Titus' Barb prevented her getting fruit? Did anyone receive both Barb and fruit?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3272 (isolation #80) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:07 am

Post by The Fonz »

We'll need GeorgeBailey to confirm. The other Barb holder was Vecna.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3273 (isolation #81) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

I feel like overnight we need to designate a three person group that no one should pass fruit to, so that some investigations are possible.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3276 (isolation #82) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:53 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3274, GeorgeBailey wrote:My barb "crumbled to dust" but I have 2 items apparently. I also didn't receive any sticky fruit that I'm aware of.
Did you attempt to pass the barb before this, or did you get the message at the start of night?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3289 (isolation #83) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Why do you think you are important and scary enough to 1:1 though?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3483 (isolation #84) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

I think we should probably agree a compromise of mass claim tomorrow and not talk about it further, because arguing in thread about mass claim is a GREAT way to tell scum who has a role that works best if hidden from them.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3501 (isolation #85) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:48 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm gonna give very little effort in mafiascum games until Thursday, because health worker. Sorry all.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3507 (isolation #86) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3504, sore feet wrote:@fonz, what are your thoughts on chkflip?
Hard TR. I thought overnight that the inconsistency between chk and KK was problematic and might have meant KK was lying, but now he's admitted to misreading that's not so much a thing.

Do you still want BTE specifically to claim?

I'm thinking Chronos might be scum. Their play is completely unmemorable to me, and people who are hard null to me this late are pretty often scum. I also don't see any real evidence of town motive from George. I don't really suspect Dave so much any more based off the basic Boon thing.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3512 (isolation #87) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3509, chkflip wrote:A lot of Titus' early posting about the Auro/Chronos/me posts look like they were setting up a future bus if they had to.

My vote's in the right place. Cool cool cool.
The only thing is that Titus is *aggressively* aware of the rule of three and brings it up all the time.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3514 (isolation #88) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3513, chkflip wrote:Right, which explains why she didn't mention all three of us again and stuck with Auro/me in later posts. People slip all the time, man.
Well, I suspect Chronos anyway as detailed above. I'm off to work, let's just do this.

VOTE: Chronos
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3572 (isolation #89) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:09 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3568, Chronos wrote:He didn;t really make an effort to comment on any of my posts or ask me questions from what I remember, although I might've missed it if he did.
This, and the prior posting, feels like mudslinging. I did read Titus overnight; I thought there was significant distancing potential from her interaction with you, tempered by the fact that she is super aware of the 1 in three thing. chkflip makes a good point about subsequently dropping you off the list.

My vote on you was
literally made in a post where I stated I was leaving the house for work, following a post where I said I couldn't really be arsed with mafia during/between a run of shifts.
Is it more town to use limited time to put pressure, or do nothing? This is a fairly new suspicion: my posting day two was largely focused on the mechanics of sorting Titus and to a lesser extent KK, whose claimed night actions were potentially inconsistent in two places.

More, my vote was based on a vibe that your posts just kind of give me a washed out feeling reading them; I tend to look for things that people do that are somewhat hard for scum - that would create obvious associatives on flip, or put them in unnecessary risk of immediate pressure for potential long term gain if town. I just don't see that in you. I stated that
remaining null at this distance into a game is actively scummy
: contrast Dave who was scummy to me earlier but interacted with his claimed role pm in a way that I felt gives townpoints. That's why I targeted SF with my secret cop N1: they were also in the "Middle of the pack" group that I also find often contains disproportionately high numbers of scum.

RCE also isn't a terrible lynch, fyi, but middle of pack player with bad reaction to wagon is my fave right now.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3576 (isolation #90) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:51 pm

Post by The Fonz »

That said, this read obviously isn't carved in stone. I'd like Dave to towncase Chrono because it'd help read both.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3578 (isolation #91) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

unvote

VOTE: sore feet

Not feeling the Chronos vote nearly as much after reading the iso. Specifically I think arguing with Nancy is usually a town indicator.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3579 (isolation #92) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Anyone else got anything to say?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3645 (isolation #93) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:33 pm

Post by The Fonz »

On shift again today, I'll pick back up tomorrow. I'm prioritising D&D with my downtime today.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3646 (isolation #94) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:38 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3601, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 3578, The Fonz wrote:Not feeling the Chronos vote nearly as much after reading the iso. Specifically I think arguing with Nancy is usually a town indicator.
Anything else you townread him for? Arguing with Nancy is a town indicator why exactly?
I find that arguing with Nancy without looking bad for it is pretty easy for scum.
In short, yes but I don't have time to elaborate.

I do feel that arguing with Nancy is a thing that really emotionally drains you, and puts you at risk because she OMGUSes hard and is usually generally town read. OTOH she seems pretty easy to pocket. So I think Scum are all else equal more likely to tread softly around her.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3648 (isolation #95) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3647, Michael Scott wrote:I can see why it could be emotionally draining for you; but I can also see how scum can use that to generate content easily.
I don't view Nancy OMGUSsing as a real risk, as I find that people almost always get townread as a result :P
Plus, Chronos didn't go hard on the Nancy attack, no?
No because their argument was actually Chronos attacking Titus and Nancy defending, iirc, so it was more proxy ish.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3695 (isolation #96) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Guys, read sore feet. Where's the solve motive there? I can live with RCE or George wagon. Both are squarely within the PoE. But c'mon this hydra is gliding through the game, with no apparent effort to help town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3698 (isolation #97) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3696, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 3695, The Fonz wrote:Guys, read sore feet. Where's the solve motive there?
XToxm's earlier posts were pretty Townie though.
Explain, cause I kinda got null off them.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3702 (isolation #98) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3701, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3682, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:Is the pool of lynches today based on the D1 and D2 wagons. RCE is in this list but JJ, dave or fonzie should be considered before voting RCE.
"Yes I would consider lynching RCE but not before we lynch one or more of these 3 town players."
Lol. Yeah RCE before Dave or you, easily.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3708 (isolation #99) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3706, Krazy Katz wrote:This is a scummy page so far

-K
What's your read on SF?

Also obvs disagree, this is a townish page.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3710 (isolation #100) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3709, Krazy Katz wrote:I hope duckling isn't intentionally doing nothing as scum to mirror how he was when I was hydraing with him as town :P

Beyond that I wouldn't say X is obviously beyond his scumrange but he hasn't particularly pinged me

-K
Is there any aspect of their play you would have expected to be different were they scum?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3714 (isolation #101) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:12 am

Post by The Fonz »

See thing is I don't think any of my day one town reads are any less townish, and Dave and Chronos over the course of the day have kinda moved out of my "Would lynch" pile. RN it's basically RCE, George, SF in the POE.

I think probably the only slot who's got scummier since day one is VaM.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3720 (isolation #102) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3718, Krazy Katz wrote:also doesn't titus lowkey spew shiro town?
I'm gonna have to ask you to explain this one, chief.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3721 (isolation #103) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also, since I'm turning in in a moment, I'd like George to explain whether he tried to pass his Barb, and why he took the decision he did.

Nancy's play just kinda reminds me of Titus', the vague promise of overpowered role actions at some point in the future.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3875 (isolation #104) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3863, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3861, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3859, davesaz wrote:Nothing keeping you from clarifying the reason you want one.
Has anything millerized you?
Not to my knowledge. People can just take me on good faith unless we actually do massclaim that it is a good thing if I get a third item, especially before the night phase
That’s quite a lot of faith you’re asking for, without really explaining any of it?

My tl on Fonz has decreased slightly due to the out of the blue Titus’ comparison.

Nancy OMGUSing, fucking shocker.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3877 (isolation #105) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:43 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3870, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 3724, sore feet wrote:
In post 3682, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
JJH927
Conspire
davesaz
The Fonz
RCEnigma
sore feet

Is the pool of lynches today based on the D1 and D2 wagons. RCE is in this list but JJ, dave or fonzie should be considered before voting RCE.

VOTE: JJH927

I have spoken.
this list of names appears to be exactly the alive players who weren't on the titus wagon
am i right that this is what you've taken, or is there more depth to your thinking?
if yes, do you really believe in that?
This is people not on the Titus, also are included those not on Titus
or
KA wagons.
This is lazy AF given Titus had a guilty on her so "Off the wagon" basically translates to "Not online when she really started flailing."
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3895 (isolation #106) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:03 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah, SF, nice shade. If not you then who? I am not entirely closed to cases from you, given that my SR on you is based on lack of scumhunting.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3900 (isolation #107) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3897, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 3886, sore feet wrote:
In post 3874, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:I'd say there is probably scum both on and off the wagon. Titus tried to self hammer which makes me think there is also scum off the wagon.
what if titus knew she was hammered?
That doesn't change my stance that there are scum likely both on and off the wagon. I think POEing those off of the wagon is a more effective place to start. That's why I started with just people off both wagons. I get VCA has it flaws and can be fueled with WIFOM. Buttrying to sort this game on mech right now is just way too much for me right now and doubly so when considering who set this game up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why I keep coming back.
So to do VCA, you need to start with an instinct of why scum would behave differently to town given a particular scenario. A VCA that led you to want people off both wagons probably starts with "Scum knew KA was going down, so didn't want to get their hands dirty." That particular thought would seem to suggest Davesaz town, because Dave was the leading wagon before KA. (That wagon peaked at 5 in #2158, and my personal suspicion is that that wagon is all-town). There was also the nomwagon we know was on town, with known scum Titus, sore feet and KK. (I think this is an SF-KK antiassociative; if two scum were on a three-person wagon, likely the third is town unless Boon is part of the scumteam). On the other hand, if Dave is scum, scum had a significant incentive to swing the wagon away from him: that suggests that chk, Michael Scott, or Nancy is a partner. So we can look at Michael's posting, see if his Dave vote looks like an early distance that might have gotten outta hand, or if the move onto KA feels natural.

Then with Titus, to suggest that scum would be predominantly off-wagon (you also suggest scum are both on and off, which feels somewhat contradictory to the desire to start off-wagon, but hey, let's be charitable and imagine you're thinking something like four total scum, with two partners off and one partner on). But the thing is, Titus seemed to be more obviously going down than KA. If you're scum, you don't have incentive to stay off unless you were hard defending Titus and can't sell the switch, or you think there's a chance of saving her. So I'd expect early bussing. Who might that be? Michael Scott, Chkflip, Chronos, or Venus and Mars.

Not only do you decide to go off-wagon without giving a decent justification, your list conspicuously omits the scummy Sore Feet on your "Lynch before Dave" list. So yeah, I'm getting associatives off this.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3916 (isolation #108) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3901, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3875, The Fonz wrote:
In post 3863, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3861, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3859, davesaz wrote:Nothing keeping you from clarifying the reason you want one.
Has anything millerized you?
Not to my knowledge. People can just take me on good faith unless we actually do massclaim that it is a good thing if I get a third item, especially before the night phase
That’s quite a lot of faith you’re asking for, without really explaining any of it?

My tl on Fonz has decreased slightly due to the out of the blue Titus’ comparison.

Nancy OMGUSing, fucking shocker.
I’ve got a super awesome fucking shocker for you Bruh. Scum!FL was literally deathtunnelling me for pages in Post-appocaliypse, all of the while of course insisting that he was obvtown,
since he’d 100% be hardpocketting me if he were actually scum
. Really super cool, wayy awesome moral of the story: FUCKING SHOCKER! Sometimes OMGUSes are actually NOT WRONG, so put that in your pipe and make damn sure to inhale.
Blind squirrel. Nut.

Again, I'm not even casing you yet. I don't want to lynch you today. You massively overreacted to me, correctly, pointing out that you and Titus both fronted hard about how super powerful and town your roles are. There's obvious motive to do that.

It's very hard to sort people if the mildest voiced consideration you
might possibly /I] be scum is met with this kind of response.

Also I'm town as hell and if you can't see that you're the WOAT. :P
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3998 (isolation #109) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3955, Chronos wrote:
Fonz admitting that he hadn’t read me but decided to entertain chkflip’s theory is also kinda bad. It’s like he’s not really reading anyone and looking for credit where he needs it.
This is a misrep. It's very clear that I suspected you for being middle of the pack scum, and was happy to vote there given I had limited time and there was limited momentum or pressure anywhere. Got a day off, spent some time ISOing you, my SR relented when reading everything, especially the relevant parts in context. It's not that I'd never paid any attention to anything you said, or I was sheeping chk. Timeline was:

"I think Chronos is kinda scummy for unmemorable play, maybe she's trying to blend in"
CHK also voices suspicion
"Fuck it let's wagon this and see where it goes"

Next day
"Right let's read Chronos and see how my read develops"

"Hmmmm some of these Titus interactions don't feel S/S, guess I'll look elsewhere."

How is that anything but a natural town progression?

Why are so many people shading me for scumhunting smh
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4002 (isolation #110) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:35 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3996, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 3993, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3992, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:@Fonzie

To help you find it.
Let's talk about something other than each other.

Why is JJH, who I strong TR, scummier to you than Sore Feet, who I SR?

Re Titus and if I were scum, it would depend on who my other partners were, but broadly I think you'd want to bus in that situation since the natural town reaction is to look off wagon after a scum lynch. If I had decent mech arguments to save Titus, I'd probably feed them to Titus in the PT and then move off only if there was a strong movement away from her.

I’m definitely not interested in lynching Dave or Conspire today. I strongly tl both slots.
What about Fonzie?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4010 (isolation #111) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3981, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3977, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 3975, Venus and Mars wrote:No, I’m referring to my having her as my top tr.
I wouldn't think that's idiotic at all as scum lol :P
I can’t count on one hand how many times I’ve seen scum do that. I remember that Dann was slightly paranoid of me for obvtowning scum!Krazy in TM. I think the entire scumteam had pocketed me at one time or another.
Oh c'mon. You townreading Titus is clearly null. It's not scummy because I'd expect you two to TR each other regardless of alignment. But it's not town, because you know full well everyone else would expect you to TR each other regardless of actual alignment, too. If you want to claim that you, specifically, putting Titus as your top TR is outside your scumrange, then lol. Scum often do things because they think everyone will be expecting them to, and will SR them for going off-meta.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4013 (isolation #112) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also: from yesterday to a week Sunday I am doing ten 12hr shifts and two eight hour shifts in fifteen days. I'm not expecting anyone to TR me for that, but bear in mind that I'll probably be a lot less explainy and a lot more gut read-y/snap votey on balance for the next two weeks. Unless I actually get you-know-what and am stuck at home, I guess.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4014 (isolation #113) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

@Nancy: Something that may avoid us getting in a pissing match talking about our reads on each other:

What's your read on RCE here? Like, I might well SR him here if I hadn't played with him before, but he does feel totally different to TBONTB here.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4016 (isolation #114) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah. That said, deadline falls on my day off so I'll be around if needed.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4039 (isolation #115) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:34 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4028, Venus and Mars wrote:
I apologize for being salty but I haven’t forgotten you posting on D1 that you didn’t gaf about hurting my feelings. I sincerely did try to clarify things and work it out with you but you just ignored me, so ngl, I’m still pissed at you for that.
Oh, for fuck's sake. All else equal I don't want you hurt. I think I was perfectly clear day one: I feel I'm well within my rights to point out when you're making me super uncomfortable and the game unfun for me, even if you get upset about that. Meanwhile it feels to me like you take criticism much milder than that you dish out to be like we've just said we'd enjoy using your kitten as a soccer ball. You've literally just accused me of being so unreasonable it's comparable to being on crack. I'm doing my damn best to figure stuff out and hunt scum, OK? And yet you act like me saying it's not beyond you as scum to play as you are doing is some huge slight.

So no offense, and like I hope non-mafia shit is going well. Really, I shouldn't talk to you
about you
at all because it doesn't move any votes and just ends with me feeling like shit. But guess what? I'm human and don't like being shit-talked. I've noticed in preview-edit that you have responded to my RCE question - that's potential grounding for more useful interaction. Later though, I do actually have to get some sleep. x
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4059 (isolation #116) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4034, jjh927 wrote:I don't really see how someone who has played with me before and knows how I play could possibly think I was scum here anyway
I feel like everyone should probably post this then we can get on with hunting normally.

Like I don't really understand why people don't TR me here either but I feel like it's a game without any obvious newbscum and most people's play makes sense based on certain assumptions about their mindset. This means that hunting here is *hard*, and therefore pretty much everyone is reaching a little if they're scumhunting at all (eg aren't Sore Feet. It also baffles me they're getting ignored).
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4064 (isolation #117) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4037, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4014, The Fonz wrote:@Nancy: Something that may avoid us getting in a pissing match talking about our reads on each other:

What's your read on RCE here? Like, I might well SR him here if I hadn't played with him before, but he does feel totally different to TBONTB here.
Sorry, I’m seriously not doing well. I honestly don’t/didn’t mean to take that out on either you or chk. :/

Can you elaborate on this? He seemed to be just coasting in TBONTB and I don’t see why scum!RCE does a 180 on me as scum and his post about scum killing him, sounds a lot less whack, when you consider the fact that he too claimed to have a N1 one shot invest. I also think that hardpushing me while calling Titus “probably town who’s probably wrong on me”, is a weird gambit to do as scum because had he got me mislynched, he would be auto lynched today right after Titus, so it’s kind of suicidal for him to do as scum.
Interesting. My big reservation with the RCE wagon was that I recall him as being more proactive and invested there than here, but since our recollections differ that might be my memory at fault.

I don't necessarily see why attacking a town player while not building associatives with a partner who defends them is particularly hard from scum. You're quite hard to lynch, so a Nancytunnel is a pretty effective way of keeping your hands clean. RCE is pretty squarely in my POE atm and I don't like the JJH wagon AT ALL. I think I'm probably gonna consolidate onto RCE if that is the choice, but I really want a VC first. I also wanna reread from guilty to lynch D2 when I get time.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4067 (isolation #118) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4062, Michael Scott wrote:@Fonz and Chk: These are the gamestates where you simply just PoE after forming townreads, no?
Yes, that's what I'm doing. Townreads JJH Conspire chk, probably you though I worry I'm just biased towards you because you seem nice and rational. Katz I guess. Dont really wanna lynch Corona any more or GB based on Titus interactions. Dave not today based on the way he claimed Basic Boon, but not never. Leaves a lynchpool of Sore Feet, BTE, RCE, VaM. Probably in that order of want to lynch. JJH feels like the classic "Is trying to figure stuff out, makes a few mistakes in the process that people jump on" kind of wagon. Like, I think the mass claim call was antitown, but unlikely to be scum motivated. I see noticing Titus trying to push RCE off Nancy as someone maybe reaching in the pursuit of scumhunting, but more likely genuine than trying to manufacture a mislynch.

Like "Why not in PT" is a good question, but it's not scummy to instinctively think otherwise. I can also see that from Titus as basic distancing, or an attempt to pocket Nancy with no real bearing on RCE's alignment. There's a lot of moving parts. It's also possible the scum PT is kinda dysfunctional, and Titus and RCE were actively falling out in there, and it spilled into thread. There's a lot of possible interpretations of that.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4111 (isolation #119) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:02 am

Post by The Fonz »

Right let's fucking go. SF wagon. Who's with me?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4117 (isolation #120) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:41 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4116, Conspire wrote:
In post 4111, The Fonz wrote:Right let's fucking go. SF wagon. Who's with me?
What's the reasoning for Sore Feet-scum? Any cases I've missed?

-Cosmic
Complete lack of scumhunting intent. ISO them, you either see it or you don't.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4118 (isolation #121) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4091, Venus and Mars wrote:
But I obviously have to be wrong somewhere, since I can’t see both of them as the scumteam, so at least one of my tls has to be wrong but I haven’t a clue as to which one.
Yeah this is where I am. When you say "Fonz is TR one scum" well of course I am. But like you I haven't a clue who.

I find it slightly amusing that you think I should also eliminate BTE given that since you also think I'm wrong to not eliminate you that means you're implicitly saying I should eliminate everyone but SF and RCE in a game with likely three scum :P. I think you'll probably be better off trying to pull people into my POE than out of it. Regardless, it's SF I want to lynch and it ain't that close any more, tbh. Reminds me of To Boon where the POE was narrowed down to two roles, both of whom were actually town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4127 (isolation #122) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:29 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4126, davesaz wrote:Chronos is the slot I forget about.
I think the problem I'm having is that everyone is being fairly reasonable sounding which makes it a game where you have to catch someone being wrong where they should know they're wrong, or being too sure about being right.
Yeah I forgot about Chronos. But reading her ISO, her vs Titus doesn't seem SvS.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4128 (isolation #123) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4125, chkflip wrote:Conspire. Now there's a slot I keep forgetting is in this fucking game.

Both them and Titus RVS'd Auro. Would be a v interesting scum flip.
I'd be similarly shocked if they flipped scum to if you flipped scum. That slot has strong "Trying to scumhunt with limited time" energy.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4228 (isolation #124) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by The Fonz »

chkflip, remind me did you get fruit N1?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4244 (isolation #125) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4235, chkflip wrote: Fonz, yes.
Cool. Sorry I woke up this morning with this weird compulsion to try to figure out all the mech shit around KK from night one on my way to work.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4247 (isolation #126) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4245, chkflip wrote::lol: all good.

I guess we're going jjh? I'm the last to allow a "sElF-rEsOlViNg" slot to live but are we sure about that?
I suspect what happens if you try to "Go JJH" is that JJH claims and explains why he wanted the third item and the wagon collapses, but you've potentially given scum extra info.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4437 (isolation #127) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Right, my ungodly run of shifts is done, quick catchup then let's do some things.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4438 (isolation #128) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4250, RCEnigma wrote:I also hardclaim town again in case you guys missed that earlier.
<3

I'm still miles from convinced you're town but this is hilarious.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4439 (isolation #129) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4272, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4269, chkflip wrote:WIFOM
Stop being dense. Why would scum kill a voteless player, rather than kill them the following night? Plus, that isn’t how Titus treats her buddies and I really don’t gaf whether or not you agree with that or not.

Re-reading Titus’ iso, I feel really silly not to have noticed the massive contradictions in her posting. Literally, the only thing, she stayed consistent on was me town and you scum.
It's generally worthwhile to kill basically conftown when you get the chance. Why delay when you might out a really juicy town PR the next day and then be forced to choose between them?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4440 (isolation #130) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by The Fonz »

KK 4303 strikes me as super town.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4441 (isolation #131) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4301, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4295, RCEnigma wrote: I agreee, I think who crumbed D1 is more telling: you, me. I’m assuming that was your reasoning behind you thinking scum would kill you, right? For me, it was why I totally expected to be confitown on D2, once I claimed my result.
Yeah this is useful. I can absolutely see you having this thought process. Mine was more "I must avoid literally anything Boon might interpret as an oblique reference to the suicidial secret cop thing" which tied me in a few knots in terms of how I discussed roles and actions. Like, I literally just didn't want to talk about setup D1 for large parts of the day at least, and then when I did I was kind of contorting myself to not hint secret cop.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4442 (isolation #132) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4346, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4344, Krazy Katz wrote:VOTE: fonz

Who wants to tell me why I'm choking on scum wagons and accidentally diverting to a mislynch this game?

-K
Why Fonz - other than his horrible read on me?
Yeah, in a game where you basically agree there's not obvscum and a lot of people are making sense you think that me not having had a reason to locktown you is a "terrible read." Be less egomaniacal, please.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4449 (isolation #133) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4443, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4442, The Fonz wrote:
In post 4346, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4344, Krazy Katz wrote:VOTE: fonz

Who wants to tell me why I'm choking on scum wagons and accidentally diverting to a mislynch this game?

-K
Why Fonz - other than his horrible read on me?
Yeah, in a game where you basically agree there's not obvscum and a lot of people are making sense you think that me not having had a reason to locktown you is a "terrible read." Be less egomaniacal, please.
Between you and Chk, this is completely unacceptable. I won’t repond to posts that don’t address me respectfully. :(

Since when does having me in your PoE=not locktowning me?
You literally accuse me of being crack and then turn around and suggest my calling you egomaniacal is disrespectful. Nancy, you consistently operate a double standard as to what is an acceptable level of abrasion, being far more rude than you will accept from anyone else toward you. The way YOU have spoken to ME throughout this game is what is completely unacceptable, not how i've reacted to it.

Having you at the back end of my POE and not locktowning you are basically the same thing, right? Because anyone who I don't have a strong desire not to lynch today is in my POE. Tbf I think you're probably just outside my POE right now, because I think I was wrong to write off Dave from consideration. Anyway I'm writing a more detailed treatment of exactly this in the catchup post I'm writing right now.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4454 (isolation #134) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4355, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4354, Venus and Mars wrote:Like, I don’t understand how he got from, tr both me and Chk but would lynch me over Chk, to having me in his POE. Auro said Fonz accounted for the shift but I couldn’t find it.
@Fonz, can you link any scumgames? Thanks.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=59293 that's the only scum game since my recent return. I can dig up older meta if you like, but it's like four plus years old at the most recent so I'm not sure how useful it'll be. TL/DR is I replaced in and tunnelled Boon early because he lied about his role and relentlessly attacking people who lie about their role is kind of my thing when I'm town.

I really don't understand why you think there's an inconsistency here. Day one I call you pretty hard null over and over. That's not a scumread. The fact that I didn't want to lynch you was just that you weren't in my bottom four or five. A relevant thing about my reads that I don't think I've mentioned is that day one I kinda scumleant Titus on play, but felt like her boldness around claiming a potentially scummy-sounding role and acting like it was the most obvtown thing in the world was somewhat unlikely to come from scum. Natural psychological aversion to being burned the same way twice. That has a bearing on how I see you behaving kind of similarly.

What changes day three is a couple of things. One is the Titus thing above. The second is that the quick and dirty VCA I did in response to BTE's lacklustre at best VCA flags you up as being in kinda suspect places on both wagons. The third is a lot of other people I looked at as candidates before you started to look more town to me. Noticeably, Chronos after I iso-ed her, and Dave because of the secret cop thing. I'm now kind of buying RCE's argument about that not really being that difficult for scum to fake.

So at the beginning of the day my bottom of the playerlist in towniness probably looked something like this:

Nancy
George
RCE
Chronos

Lower players being scummier, the line probably being "Would consider for today's lynch."

Then I re-read Chronos and think her Titus interaction doesn't really look like bussing. Maybe the reason I'm not able to remember any Chronos interaction is that I don't know her, she's kind of uncharismatic, and has an Anime avatar that blurs together with some other people's, rather than that she's actually not doing anything. And someone (I can't remember who) offhand is reasonably persuasive about Dave's handling of the Secret Cop thing, so I'm like yeah, maybe that's enough to not consider him today.

So then it's like:

Chronos

Dave
George
Sore Feet

I've quite liked what you've said recently when you're not talking about me and/or yourself, and as noted I was probably wrong to downgrade Dave as a candidate. George I go back and forth on loads. He's probably flipped between being just above and quite a bit below you almost every time I come to the thread.

At the moment I'm probably like

Nancy
BTE
Sore Feet
faq.php?mode=bbcode
You spent some time in the "Eh, I don't think this is a particularly great lynch, it's OK I guess - if it and one of those I'm actively townreading are the two competing wagons at deadline" kind of slot currently occupied by RCE. I just don't see how having you there is "Objectively terrible." Also, calling my reads "Objectively terrible" is more offensive than calling you egomaniacal, because implying I'm stupid is a worse insult.

It's like when you accused me of saying you're terrible at scumhunting because I expect you to townread Titus. No, I think you have bias towards your friend because you know she's a good person and want to think the best of her, and that you undercompensate for that bias in games. I also think you have bias toward thinking your own opinions are less questionable than they might be to people viewing games through different prisms. I agree with chk that you being aware of your tendencies as town and scum make you able to manipulate them as scum to try to get townread.

If my read is "Objectively horrible" as you claim, which player that I'm essentially eliminating for today (chk, Conspire, Michael, JJH, Katz, and now Chronos) is objectively obviously much scummier than you? Because believe me, I'd really like to know.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4460 (isolation #135) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Nancy. You claim you're objectively town. If you're so obviously town, it should be easy to name one person I have above you who is more scummy than you, from an *objective* perspective, because if it's obvious you're town

I just don't believe anyone who ever claims they're beyond their scumrange, because if they know what they're usually capable of as scum, they can deliberately act differently. I do not for one second understand what is unique about you that makes this different. The only exceptions I know are things like me getting a level of angry as town I'm incapable of faking.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4464 (isolation #136) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:12 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4457, Venus and Mars wrote:That’s why I called it a horrible read. You suggesting I tr Titus based not on my actually being competent at mafia but based on you thinking my reads are based on how I feel about people outside of the game. It was this and THIS specifically that I reacted so strongly against because that is 100% not the case and only a horrible mafia player would make reads based on how they feel about people irl.
You're just wrong! Literally everyone has hundreds of biases, some they're aware of, some they're not! And we try to compensate as best we can. Like, I know I'm biased toward chkflip because he's a good guy and I enjoy his company. I worry I'm biased towards Auro, just because he's nice and rational and doesn't upset me. Having these biases doesn't make you terrible, it makes you human!

And I'm probably biased against you because you stress me out to a level that is actually physically unpleasant. I got a poor night's sleep Monday night largely because of how amped up I was as a result of how you spoke to me.

I feel constantly torn between calling you out for hurting me, and knowing that you yourself are vulnerable and that your response is either that you'll internalise it and that'll hurt you, or your response will escalate and hurt me worse. I feel like you are unusually unable to distinguish between normal criticism of your play based on imperfect information, and personal attacks. It feels like everything you think is a normal part of criticising other people's play is like a red rag to a bull to me and chkflip, whilst what we think is well within the bounds of civility seems to set you off. In particular, you seem to have a high bar for how offensive you feel you are allowed to be about other people's level of skill, intelligence, or degree of empathy. You seem to have quite a low one for taking offense at anyone suggesting emotion is affecting your play. Me and Chk, the opposite.

This is why I try to read you based on your stated reads on other people, and not directly attack you until I am convinced I want to lynch you. I don't think I misinterpreted your early play. "Biting my head off" is obviously figurative, but it felt like an extremely aggressive overreaction. That was very much unacceptable to me.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4466 (isolation #137) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4461, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4460, The Fonz wrote:Nancy. You claim you're objectively town. If you're so obviously town, it should be easy to name one person I have above you who is more scummy than you, from an *objective* perspective, because if it's obvious you're town

I just don't believe anyone who ever claims they're beyond their scumrange, because if they know what they're usually capable of as scum, they can deliberately act differently. I do not for one second understand what is unique about you that makes this different. The only exceptions I know are things like me getting a level of angry as town I'm incapable of faking.
How do you figure this? I should know who is scum here and if I don’t, that in your opinion, somehow makes me any less obvtown?
Nancy. If it is *objective* you are town, that means it is *objective* that no more than a couple of people can be more obviously town than you. If more than half the game can reasonably be argued to be more obviously town than you, it is just plainly false that you are objectively obvtown.

It's almost as if scumminess is relative, and that if lots of other people are obvtown, I ought to be relatively wary of people who are simply playing to meta.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4471 (isolation #138) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4462, Venus and Mars wrote:I am also not Titus and her play here has no bearing on mine. So, again, another bad argument. You should rather be asking, is this scum indicative for Nancy? and you’d find that out, if you ever took the time to metacheck me.
More observations of people behaving in a way I previously thought was unusual coming from scum should obviously make me downgrade how townish I think that behaviour is, in general. I've also, to some degree, admitted it comes from a psychological instinct of not wanting to be burned by the same thifn twice in a game, which you're right, probably isn't 100% rational but does help explain how I feel.

Can we please talk about your view that SF should be off the table? It's both likely to be safer ground and is also, y'know, more important to the actual game whose deadline is today. I'm not really seeing what is obvtown about their claim, but I've also not been reading that carefully what with the doing 45 hours in four days thing and all, so am open to persuasion.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4478 (isolation #139) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4472, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4464, The Fonz wrote:
In post 4457, Venus and Mars wrote:That’s why I called it a horrible read. You suggesting I tr Titus based not on my actually being competent at mafia but based on you thinking my reads are based on how I feel about people outside of the game. It was this and THIS specifically that I reacted so strongly against because that is 100% not the case and only a horrible mafia player would make reads based on how they feel about people irl.
You're just wrong! Literally everyone has hundreds of biases, some they're aware of, some they're not! And we try to compensate as best we can. Like, I know I'm biased toward chkflip because he's a good guy and I enjoy his company. I worry I'm biased towards Auro, just because he's nice and rational and doesn't upset me. Having these biases doesn't make you terrible, it makes you human!

And I'm probably biased against you because you stress me out to a level that is actually physically unpleasant. I got a poor night's sleep Monday night largely because of how amped up I was as a result of how you spoke to me.

I feel constantly torn between calling you out for hurting me, and knowing that you yourself are vulnerable and that your response is either that you'll internalise it and that'll hurt you, or your response will escalate and hurt me worse. I feel like you are unusually unable to distinguish between normal criticism of your play based on imperfect information, and personal attacks. It feels like everything you think is a normal part of criticising other people's play is like a red rag to a bull to me and chkflip, whilst what we think is well within the bounds of civility seems to set you off. In particular, you seem to have a high bar for how offensive you feel you are allowed to be about other people's level of skill, intelligence, or degree of empathy. You seem to have quite a low one for taking offense at anyone suggesting emotion is affecting your play. Me and Chk, the opposite.

This is why I try to read you based on your stated reads on other people, and not directly attack you until I am convinced I want to lynch you. I don't think I misinterpreted your early play. "Biting my head off" is obviously figurative, but it felt like an extremely aggressive overreaction. That was very much unacceptable to me.
I didn’t intentionally do that and I’ve already explained that you misinterpreted my post. All I asked and a fair question, was iirc, how is my play remotely different from TBoNTB, because I’m not seeing it.

Chk is probably driving me to drink and perhaps that’s spilling over onto you? If so, I’m sorry because I honestly do like you and think you’re a really good guy.

I really really don’t want to be fighting with you like this. Chk, I think just flat out hates me, so I won’t even bother with him.

Yes, I am super stressed and I already explained why at the beginning of the game and I think it’s cruel of Chk to be deliberately ignoring that.

I am truly sorry if I upset you and made you uncomfortable and/or hurt your feelings in any way. I legit have nothing but the highest regard for you as a human being, based off what little I know of you from playing two mafia games with you.
Cool let's virtual hug this out and talk about the actual lynch <3
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4492 (isolation #140) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4482, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4480, Michael Scott wrote:ok not exactly, just the hugging part.
@Everyone, just vote George, let's see what happens.
I will have to go on YouTube as it’s apparently not available in my country.

VOTE: GeorgeBailey

I just looked up his posts and he’s posting elsewhere. In MfD, he was way more invested in that game to have put himself into prodge range.

His reads also lack conviction.
See this, this I TR you for.

I noticed he was the most recent poster in another subforum and wanted to go back and check his posting history and see if he was posting elsewhere a lot while keeping a low profile here. I wanted to go check out his recent posts, but had decided go play Skyrim for an hour first.

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4494 (isolation #141) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4493, chkflip wrote:Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis.
At least you didn't go with the sweet roll comment :lol:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4496 (isolation #142) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by The Fonz »

BTW I'm kind of burned out on playing atm and don't want to play for a while after this game because I don't think I'd cope with drawing scum rn, so now I've got a laptop again I'm thinking of setting up a modding hydra and doing an entire Elder Scrolls campaign, starting with an Arena micro and working up to Large Themes for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Pre ins will be welcomed!
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4501 (isolation #143) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4495, chkflip wrote:Just finished the mage college storyline, now I'm doing the Thieves Guild. If I had to have one gripe about the game it's the affinity for it to go "aaaaand now you're the leader." The companions one is the worst with it.

Anyway, George is newb!town at L-2 if you're wondering why I'm not voting there. I'll be around so I'll hammer if I have to but my read there hasn't changed.

I will say that Mike's tell is dirty pool and I'm not excited to see the rules of mafia get skirted around by saying someone is posting somewhere else.
I don't think it's dirty pool actually. I think relative posting rate is kind of instructive and totally part of the game - lurking is kind of a shitty thing to do and usually the mitigation is people don't have time, or are playstyle lurkers. Ruling that out matters. I also think relative posting rate in this game between earlier and now is relevant, since this is crunch time and he's in the lynch pool but wasn't top of it. That's
exactly
when scum tactical lurking is advantageous.

You're definitely right on how quick they make you leader. Thieves Guild is best for this as you have to do like fifty side quests first. There's a mod for CoW that lets you make Tolfdir archmage instead at the end of the quest line. Like if all the factions were like "Do a quest for each major faction NPC first" before making you leader it would have been cool.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4503 (isolation #144) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4502, Michael Scott wrote:plus note the beetlejuice. Even as lost town he could've done *something* over just lurking out.
Cicero used to call this Candyman. Ah, nostalgia.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4509 (isolation #145) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by The Fonz »

George, gun to your head, Davesaz or Sore Feet, who's scummier?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4516 (isolation #146) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also Nancy, still like to chat about SF's claim.

Should be clear by now I'll probably vote literally any counterwagon over Conspire, unless somehow there's somehow a chkflip wagon or something. If either of those are scum I literally just have lost the ability to read people entirely and I'll be relying on VCA only going forward.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4518 (isolation #147) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4517, GeorgeBailey wrote:@Fonz do you think there's scum in at least one of those 3?
I think there's one or zero, and if there's one it's Dave. More confident on the Conspire read than the JJH one.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4522 (isolation #148) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:27 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4520, Conspire wrote:I got distracted while I was reading

Thank you for your confidence Fonz, we will not disappoint you.

~Esper
Tbf it's Cosmic I'm TR not you :lol:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4527 (isolation #149) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4521, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 4520, Conspire wrote:I don’t understand this btw. Also I don’t think Titus wagon analysis is helpful at all; there was literally a guilty on her. What would be more useful would be looking at the context with which people were voting/not voting, but looks like everyone’s too lazy for that and we don’t have time now anyway
And? You don't think Scum would try and resist it? Being off-wagon explicitly shows you were against it.
To be honest, I think Scum would want to be on the wagon, knowing the guilty is accurate. Town would want to spend a bit longer in a funky mech game trying to work out if there's an alternative explanation.

*This read in no way colored by me knowing how I did, in fact, act as town. Honest.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4533 (isolation #150) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4529, Conspire wrote:
In post 4524, GeorgeBailey wrote:Do you think Titus was trying to bus me, @Conspire?
Oh right. Also the barbs thing. Hmmm

~Esper
I actually find the barbs thing sus on George's part. I don't know why he didn't try to pass. Then again, no one has claimed Vecna's Barb either. Ironically, George would have been investigable N1 I think, but seems like he was under the radar enough that out of nine potential cops, no one went there.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4535 (isolation #151) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4532, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 4531, Conspire wrote:Why would you lie about a cop guilty? If you were wrong, and with the conviction nomnom had, you’d just be lynched the next day. Scum don’t do that and that’s why I believed her yesterday

~Esper
Lying about a cop guilty is definitely something you can pull off in this kind of setup.
Cole Phelps intensifies.
Its something you might get away with for a while. Also, this stance contradicts the idea you think the scum were off wagon.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4537 (isolation #152) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:39 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4534, GeorgeBailey wrote:Why would I try and pass the barbs? I don't understand the motive.
Well it's an item you couldn't use...
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4541 (isolation #153) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:45 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4538, GeorgeBailey wrote:It sounded like a cool mechanic, and I haven't been able to use my role, (and I might never tbh) so I wanted at least something lmao.
Wait, were you not allowed to pass an item and use your role action?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4543 (isolation #154) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4540, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 4537, The Fonz wrote:Well it's an item you couldn't use...
...and?

I knew it probably had a passive effect.
So if you thought it had a detrimental effect, pass to your SR, or if beneficial effect to your TR. Or just pass to Titus as well who was claiming to be able to make the barbs useful to town. I don't understand the mind set that deliberately avoids doing something confirmable.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4546 (isolation #155) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4544, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 4543, The Fonz wrote:So if you thought it had a detrimental effect, pass to your SR, or if beneficial effect to your TR. Or just pass to Titus as well who was claiming to be able to make the barbs useful to town. I don't understand the mind set that deliberately avoids doing something confirmable.
I didn't know if it did either good or bad things tbh. Why would passing it to anyone make it confirmable?
It's like visiting. The larger the pool of known/claimed night actions, the easier it is to spot where people are lying.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4547 (isolation #156) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4545, GeorgeBailey wrote:And if I passed it to Titus, Nom might not have been able to Cop-shot her.
Ex post facto justification.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4548 (isolation #157) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

BTW, I'm almost certainly not moving off George without a claim here.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4558 (isolation #158) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4551, Conspire wrote:
In post 4539, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 4535, The Fonz wrote:Also, this stance contradicts the idea you think the scum were off wagon.
My stance is that Town couldn't have 100% known nom's guilty was correct. Was nom off-wagon d2??
I feel like *logically* town should be questioning stuff like this, but my gut instinct is just to believe “strong guilties” like nomnom’s

~Esper
Forget the actual argument, notice the contradiction.

George is saying town couldn't know the guilty was accurate, BUT WANTS TO LYNCH OFF WAGON.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4560 (isolation #159) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4557, chkflip wrote:I also did not my pass my fruit, so, that's not exactly alignment indicative.
That's different. Fruit makes people ascetic, but only on the night passed. That's actively negative. Probably one or two people should pass on a given night to make scum faking harder, but that's it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4615 (isolation #160) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:15 am

Post by The Fonz »

I mean, there was hood-crashing scum in literally the last Boon game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4617 (isolation #161) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:16 am

Post by The Fonz »

George, what were your picks?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4620 (isolation #162) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also, since we know George does not have fruit, if he wriggles off the hook here passing him fruit should be seen as a scumclaim.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4628 (isolation #163) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

chk, an inventor and a psychiatrist walk into a bar. The inventor says "I don't want to sound alarmist."

Get it? :lol:
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4642 (isolation #164) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4639, chkflip wrote:It's been half a day calm down.

Where is sore feet? Where is BTE?

They're lurksacking a lot harder this game.
Yeah, don't get me wrong I actually like the George wagon a bit better the last few pages than I did before, and I liked it enough to vote then. But I haven't forgotten SF, who is also a good lynch. I guess I can live with BTE surviving the day, can't kill all the lurksacks at once. Or I would have done :P
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4647 (isolation #165) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:40 am

Post by The Fonz »

I think he clarified neighborhoods only. Which is actually a reasonably high risk strategy now I think about it. If any hoods exist, one member should claim. Only neighbors, not lovers or any other form of PT-having bullshit. If no hoods exist, we lynch George. I don't buy this role would exist without at least one permanent hood, even given KA's role.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4651 (isolation #166) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

Waitagoshdarned minute.

George, when you say "Nope" how was the result worded? Broadly speaking.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4658 (isolation #167) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

My one hangup is that what if we find out the whole town is really fucked without George Bailey? /obviousjoke
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4665 (isolation #168) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4662, Michael Scott wrote:VOTE: RCEnigma
Do you think GB's role is town, or the way he's claimed it shows town mindset?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4684 (isolation #169) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lol, it wasn't even a fake or re-vote, the VC said Dave was voting George but he wasn't, so he then voted him. So it put the VC to what we'd been told by Boon it was all along.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4688 (isolation #170) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 am

Post by The Fonz »

LOL i hate the fact that the fakehammer gambit is so played out that no-one ever gets useful reactions even from genuine confusion about whether it's a hammer.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4723 (isolation #171) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:04 am

Post by The Fonz »

RCE, like I said to Nancy, is in the "Ehhhhhh I guess" slot. Still prefer lynching George or SF. Not gonna join the Michael wagon even to prevent a no lynch barring a fairly large revelation. The case is what, he posts a lot but hasn't 100% obvtowned himself yet?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4740 (isolation #172) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:21 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4738, Krazy Katz wrote:I appreciate that

I'm wondering if that guarantees pt cop in the setup now

-K
We haven't even established neighbors in the setup.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4750 (isolation #173) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

Deadline is at like 5am my time. I'm probably going to go to bed in an hour or two. I'll set an alarm if needed, though I once lost an endgame that way.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4751 (isolation #174) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:57 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4749, GeorgeBailey wrote:So it's plausible we have a PT cop then?
Potentially, it's as likely as any other role. Well not quite, I think if you're telling the truth that makes it a little less likely. But there's no particular evidence for it beyond Katz' speculation.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4752 (isolation #175) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:58 am

Post by The Fonz »

Also @chkflip, I would genuinely like to discuss modding the Mafia Scrolls during the night if you're game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4758 (isolation #176) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4757, davesaz wrote:
In post 4750, The Fonz wrote:Deadline is at like 5am my time. I'm probably going to go to bed in an hour or two. I'll set an alarm if needed, though I once lost an endgame that way.
Are you happy with your current vote? If so, why, and if not then why not move now?
I prefer my vote to the current leading wagon, and strongly prefer it to the third wagon. Crazy stuff happens with a couple hours to deadline when everyone is a PR though.

Basically because George is a scummy player with a role that sounds like there's no reason it couldn't be scum, and tried to push worse rather than better counterwagons when forced to contribute.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4761 (isolation #177) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

We probably need an RCE claim now. Le sigh.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4764 (isolation #178) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4763, davesaz wrote:And unfortunately the nature of u-pick is to be role madness, and the nature of role madness is that you're gonna be flipping roles.
Yup. Just to be clear, what do you think town should do?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4768 (isolation #179) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4767, davesaz wrote:To make that clearer, lynch scum, but at a minimum someone scummy. Since we're having a really hard time agreeing on who is scum, the best we're gonna get appears to be the latter.
I was more asking your opinions on the relative acceptability of the options?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4771 (isolation #180) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am

Post by The Fonz »

Well we might have to depending on RCE's claim. Unless the day results in the unsatisfying "Lynch the one guy in the pool who isn't around to claim" ending.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4776 (isolation #181) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4773, Krazy Katz wrote:RCE already claimed he was an acceptable mislynch if he was town

-K
I mean, sure, but there are a lot of roles that are still acceptable mislynches that are better than George's.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4777 (isolation #182) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

Fuck it, I'm not gonna be able to wake up at 4.50am on the off chance. Gonna hang around one more hour in the hope RCE shows up.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4779 (isolation #183) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4778, chkflip wrote:Yeah, Fonz, don't fuck your sleep up by concerning yourself with an online game. Not worth it especially considering your occupation and the world state.
Thanks, but I'm off tomorrow. Just chilling and listening to a podcast. It cool.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4781 (isolation #184) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4780, Venus and Mars wrote:Thoughts:

@Chk, never ever sign up for another game of mine. If you could read my mind now, I’d likely get temp banned for those thoughts.

@Krazy, in what world are you still sr Fonz?

MS and SF are very likely both town.

Nothing GB has posted, makes me want to move my vote.
I

Nancy, will you be around to move right at deadline if needed?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4786 (isolation #185) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4783, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4781, The Fonz wrote:
In post 4780, Venus and Mars wrote:Thoughts:

@Chk, never ever sign up for another game of mine. If you could read my mind now, I’d likely get temp banned for those thoughts.

@Krazy, in what world are you still sr Fonz?

MS and SF are very likely both town.

Nothing GB has posted, makes me want to move my vote.
I

Nancy, will you be around to move right at deadline if needed?
“move right”?

Deadline I think is 1:00 am.
Move, right at deadline. If you're around I think I can turn in.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4794 (isolation #186) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Why does literally everyone in the lynch pool vanish when the suspicion dies down?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4796 (isolation #187) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Don't vote me for fun, girl
Don't you call me scum girl
Vote me for a reason
Let the reason be lolz
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6197 (isolation #188) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

Lol the mason dialogue the night I died surrounding the alignment of Auro and JJH and who Conspire should check is retrospectively hilarious.

I'm probably not going to play for a while, because Mafia is making me angry again and, as I've said before, that's part of why I left. I'm probably going to hang around the site to play D&D and hopefully mod-hydra in the next few months. This is a cool community, and while it has its scumbags, there's fewer than most places.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”