Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4205 (isolation #400) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Eddie, Oka, NaCl are ICs.
Nancy's interactions with Krazy are not SvS.
Titus is not scum.
Amrun (probably) was not hard bussing.

You need to find another town in DDL and SS to have proper auto, but honestly, I think both are town and the game will not go that far. Dunno who I'd pick in a DDL SS + Amrun/Nancy/Titus f3, but that hypothetical world would not be my decision. The more I read, the more I think it just is not going to get there.

Piss has some individual townie posts but awful associations and game positioning.
Elsa is a nonfactor.
Hectic has more highs and more lows than Piss. But more independent posts that sound town I think.
Bob... still sounds like a script rather than a player. Still dunno if I agree he should die before the above 3.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4209 (isolation #401) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'll be honest I think chaining those 4 people ends the game and we shouldn't overthink it.

I'm ready to end the day after Oka and NaCl are in the same place as me.
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4239 (isolation #402) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4236, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 4231, OkaPoka wrote:amrun if you have any issues with the pool or forsee any its important you say your piece now when the ics are alive and we dont have to watch a
paranoia mexican stand off
What’s that? I’ve heard of thunderdomes and CFDs but never that.
Because it's not a mafia term it's an actual saying haha Google it
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4247 (isolation #403) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

You dont need strength in your own Titus TR, you just need strength to sheep my Titus TR.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4250 (isolation #404) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4175, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 4137, pisskop wrote:
In post 4136, pisskop wrote:we lynch by the numbers, no reason not to
sooo, lets do a list and then murderdeathkill down it.

my prefered list includes hec and bob. salt is on it too tho
I already gave my lynch list of 5. What do you think the order should be after you?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4257 (isolation #405) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm ready to end the day if NaCl and Oka are btw.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4261 (isolation #406) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: Pisskop
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4268 (isolation #407) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Nah, killing in me and Oka is probably correct.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4269 (isolation #408) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

So NaCl!conftown
DDL!prob town
Nancy!town
Titus!town
Amrun!prob town
SS!wouldntlynchtillyloprobably

Bob elsa hectic should probably be chain lynched?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4270 (isolation #409) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I think a nk that bad points towards a few players specifically, lol
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4284 (isolation #410) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4278, Hectic wrote:Maybe scum's convinced that we're still doc gambiting. Maybe I'M the doctor and haven't realised it yet.
This kind of thinking just screams scum to me who thinks they're nightkill was a play though, dude. NaCl is a newish player, id bet $ if I could hes not capable of a gambit like this. And I think most people here are experienced enough to realize that.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4307 (isolation #411) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Gonna be honest idk who scum is and I did my part and caught 2 somebody else tap in
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4310 (isolation #412) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

The other option is throwing a save away to take the higher % save n4, 50/50 vs 0/100 (because scum assumes you didnt throw a save).

Talking about this stuff is bad though.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4312 (isolation #413) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm ambivalent about whether we kill bob or elsa or hectic

The way I scumhunt is weird, and it caught 2 for me, but it doesnt work for finding the third super well.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4313 (isolation #414) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I just work on building a town bloc in situations like this

Nancy is out of her scum range
I believe Titus is out of her scum range
I am confirmed town
NaCl is confirmed town
I don't think amruns play feels super like bussing for endgame, though I'll admit I'm more paranoid of her than Nancy or Titus. Still dont think I'd vote her this game.
DDL felt very townie with the doctor gambit
I am sticking to my lock town SS read d1 because d1 is generally when my reads are best

So that leaves bob elsa hectic. All 3 have town points. None are townie enough to be out of PoE. Very likely theres a scum here. For what it's worth that hectic wagon being 7 town on a town is pretty wild, though not impossible.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4319 (isolation #415) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Lol
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4321 (isolation #416) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I mean Pine scum read you I don't think its crazy
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4332 (isolation #417) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

bob, who do you think is scum? we have 3 lynches after you.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4333 (isolation #418) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: Hectic
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4334 (isolation #419) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

These are from yesterday:

Ank
:
Bob > Hectic > Elsa > Piss > DDL > SS

Dann
:
piss > hectic > elsa > bob > SS > DDL

Tom
:
piss > elsa > hectic >> bob >>>> ddl >>>>>>>>>>> ss

Eddie
:
before doc claim:
nacl > elsa > hectic > bob > piss > SS

after doc claim:
elsa > hectic > bob > piss > DDL >>>>>>>>>>>>>> SS

but I am not gonna lie I thought pisskop resigned in one of his posts so I just ended the day
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4336 (isolation #420) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

bob lynch is cool there's only 1 scum he can die without my vote

his posting makes me happy and i do not want to kill him earlier than necessary :-)
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4338 (isolation #421) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: bob
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4356 (isolation #422) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4354, DrDolittle wrote:fuck it I like bobs posts today too
VOTE: elsa
Told you bitch

VOTE: elsa
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4369 (isolation #423) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: Hectic
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4375 (isolation #424) » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

To me it almost looks like pops and krazy planned on bussing bob d2 or d3 before they got destroyed, they both had him second to last and shared him without ever voting
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4403 (isolation #425) » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: Elsa
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4412 (isolation #426) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

VOTE: Nacl
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4414 (isolation #427) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 3881, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: unwnd
the momentum swing from piss to unwnd when he is "IC"

doubt its bussing for some f3 gameplan

so Town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4416 (isolation #428) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:47 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

do you have paranoia about Titus?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4419 (isolation #429) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I was avoiding discussing this yesterday, but SS claimed neighbors with NaCl, not the other way around. At that point, scum!NaCl is kind of fucked.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4420 (isolation #430) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Uh so, no paranoia on DDL or Amrun or Nancy. We can kill 3/4 of {Bob, NaCl, Titus, Hectic}. I still feel good about town!Titus though paranoia is slightly growing. Meh. I probably won't let a Titus lynch happen today and if we hit green I'm dead as last IC so it isn't my problem.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4421 (isolation #431) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

actually Dann said he's less confident on Nancy town
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4423 (isolation #432) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

i asked him to assign a % and he said 95

then self-corrected and said its lower, because he didn't like your lock town krazy read
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4425 (isolation #433) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:07 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH NANCY

I personally think you're like 95% town

fuck the haters
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4428 (isolation #434) » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

SS claimed neighbors with NaCl. This forces NaCl into playing along. If he is scum, he knows SS is doc, but killing SS outs him. However, he can't leave SS alive indefinitely. Its a catch 22.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4439 (isolation #435) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

We only have 3 lynches.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4454 (isolation #436) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

as of now

i think the 3 kills are bob / hectic / nacl

if anybody has a strong preference to swap that pool, speak up. swapping yourself out is not an option.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4467 (isolation #437) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I repeat that Oka had the same PoE as me so it actually doesn't matter, its just guessing who a protect might be on 9/10 times.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4488 (isolation #438) » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

arurm
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4501 (isolation #439) » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm not going after you for SS dying, for what it's worth. Or anything NKA related (except minorly pine scumreading you)
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4517 (isolation #440) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

Micc is a phenomenal mod, and this was a very enjoyable game for me at least. I don't agree this is a townsided setup. Its basically mountainous with 2 ICs and where scum neighbors can pocket people.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4519 (isolation #441) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I disagree. I think because of how it played out, it looks that way. But it is close to mountainous. Mafia lost both 1v1s against neighbors. Only NaCl tried to be townie in his neighborhood, and he was the only scum that made it deep. I think you thinking that is results-oriented. I told my team this and did not state it in thread because I didn't need it to kill Pops, but a lot of my Pops scum read was from neighborhood stuff.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4521 (isolation #442) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

I mean its basically mountainous, I just disagree conceptually. Scum don't need to make gambits, they need to not get lynched before their neighbors and they have 2 votes on their side. Or, they need to just not have either neighbor lynched.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4524 (isolation #443) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:09 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

PO could go away, agreed.

I think yes, close to 50/50.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4529 (isolation #444) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Why do they need countermeasures? Who cares if everyone knows who's neighbors with who. I don't get it. Ya'll sound like you dont like the setup, which is fine, but a different issue.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4533 (isolation #445) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:54 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

If town is competent in finding scum then the neighborhoods are irrelevant in the first place. The argument doesnt track. Theres a reason 10v3 mountainous would be ridiculously scumsided.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4537 (isolation #446) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 4535, Krazy wrote:why is anyone talking about mountainous when this isn't even kinda mountainous lol
I'll break this down in terms of balance. It is somewhat comparable because of the lack of town investigative.

10v3 mountainous is obviously scumsided, so someone smart made White Flag, which is still scumsided even though you only need to kill 2 of the 3 scum.

14v3 mountainous is considered roughly balanced I believe, though generally unfun.

This is 12v3, which is in the middle. If one more lynch makes it roughly balanced, and one less lynch makes it super scumsided, what's the middle ground? I'd argue maybe get rid of PO, so toss in claimable IC (doctor), which can maybe save a kill (still not relevant) or maybe get outed at some point and just get killed. the neighbor mechanic is pro scum as it allows mafia to pocket town and influence, but anti as it can create ICs if mafia misplay and die before their neighbor. rewards good play and makes the game less boring than mountainous.

You can choose to not like the setup. I'm not sure if people think its townsided because this was a stomp, but this was a stomp because town played well (and really I don't think scum played poorly, just less well), not because of the setup, so its a pretty bad sample. I personally like the concept.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4547 (isolation #447) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

both team mafia's i've played are the most fun i've had on MS. they're inherently townsided, but vast majority people don't actually read all 4 games and/or work with their team significantly, so its less significant. and i think this was a pretty high quality game, agreed.

Return to “Team Mafia 2020”