[CHALLENGE] February + March Challenge

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:00 am

Post by popsofctown »

This challenge is way more reasonable when I realize I only have to meet 2 of the restrictions ahahahaha
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

Eeeheeehee one month we had a 2 of 4 or 2 of 5 and I did in fact meet all the criteria just because I could.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:34 am

Post by popsofctown »

I bet I could dazzle you.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Tamers and Wild Things

Tamers

Wild Things

Nightless.
Pregame, the
Tamers
submit a ranked preference list of the two
Wild Things
they'd most like to be paired with, and a positive number. The player who submitted the highest positive number receives their first choice and is
Town
, the player who submitted the second highest positive number receives their second choice and is also
Town
. The remaining two
Tamers
are
Mafia
, and they are informed of the other two pairings and decide together how to allocate the remaining two
Wild Things
in their pairings. All
Wild Things
are
Town
Pairings are lovers who have a PT. Players can only vote for
Tamers
when lynching.
At the start of day one, everyone votes collectively and chooses a
Tamer
to lose her vote for the entire game.
When the first lynch reaches majority, the
Wild Thing
who would be lynched gets an opportunity to
Revolt
just before his lynch. If he chooses to
Revolt
against a
Mafia
aligned
Tamer
, then just before his lynch his alignment changes to
Unjester
who will win as a result of dying to the lover mechanic and his
Tamer's
alignment changes to
Neutral Survivor
. If he revolts against a
Town
Tamer
he becomes a
Neutral Survivor
and his
Tamer
becomes a
Jester
Last edited by popsofctown on Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I ran this as a marathon would you /in

I flipflopped whether procedurally you vote for the Tamer part of the pairing instead of the Wild Thing part so it's more intuitive for marathon behavior. It should still be equivalent as a setup.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Do you mean MyLo/LyLo rather than LyLo? You could modify the game's policy on compulsive killing or compulsive lynching in whatsoever way gets the setup to where you want but it just seems cleaner to treat MyLo and LyLo as the same thing I think, they still precisely correspond to a presumed number of scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

First day is MyLo and implicitly no lynching is an allowable play, so you could no lynch and see whether you feel like the VT flip will give you some kind of epiphany.
But you probably just try to decide day 1 and part of the calculus is how much informed minority there
seems
to be.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 48, OkaPoka wrote:Ok yeah there are flaws but i think the idea of having two setups and deciding if you are in lylo or not is interesting enough to take inspiration from
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ship it6
Informed Starcrossed Townies

Informed Starcrossed Mafia

Each player has a random other player they are Starcrossed with and Tragically Fated to. Each player is informed that "Player A and Player B are Tragically Fated to you or simply not Starcrossed with you, but you do not know which is which."
Starcrosses and Tragic Fates are reciprocal.
Mafia are additionally informed of ALL starcross and tragic fate relationships.

Each day, players vote to ship two other players together. It only take half the votes to ship two players. After one pair is shipped, this process repeats until every player has been shipped.
At the end of each day, events happen based on the characteristics of each pairing:
- Mafia paired with mafia immediately cause town to win the game
- Tragically fated pairs of players perish
- If a Starcrossed pair is fully town, they become an OTP. Their alignments are revealed and they are automatically paired with eachother at the start of each day for the rest of the game.
Mafia wins if the town has not won by the end of day X, where X=4 as of now.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thinking about this this is probably too much pairing information, and it should be sufficient for 1 member of a tragic pairing to know it's a bad idea.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Mafia leak information about their partnership if they gift switches to eachother, though. Switches are going to be massclaimed.

Keep in mind that suiciding in Dance is suboptimal (in a way I can't ever overstate)
before LyLo
, whereas in LyLo it is equivalent to lynching. Asymptotes exhibit asymptotic behavior. Here switches can swing all the way to being protown in LyLo, a heavily scumread townie holding the switch that kills scum should activate it in f3. That might mean that the mafia NK the heavily scumread townie to avoid that, but that a. implicates the mafia and b. means mafia were forced to shoot USRs and so this setup is already decidedly distinct from mountainous.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

Balance aside I think Sac Pacts just doesn't look very compelling
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 64, OkaPoka wrote:@pops can someone be tragically fated to you and starcrossed to you?
I am planning some revisions anyway.
But no
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

That's not a scum win because either T could sacrifice. Because scum control 50% of the votes, a townie would always sacrifice. Then that player becomes conftown, and the other townie also selfsacrifices.
Hectic didn't specify a parity win condition.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ah yes, scum do have a log-in draw. Snazzy. That is not the One Thing making or breaking whether I view that as a playable setup
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:35 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 77, Jingle wrote:
In post 73, popsofctown wrote:Ah yes, scum do have a log-in draw. Snazzy. That is not the One Thing making or breaking whether I view that as a playable setup
I'd guess it's intended as a parity win (which is fairly standard), although I agree that S/T pairings being possible (if ill advised) doesn't mean its a great setup.
I have not experienced setups with nonstandard death mechanics automatically having parity win condition, I have experienced struggling through a functionally nightless setup that has 56% town EV because GiF specified the mafia win condition as "one more Mafiosi beyond parity". :evil:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:10 am

Post by popsofctown »

Ship it6
Informed Starcrossed Townies

Informed Starcrossed Mafia

All players have a random other player they are Starcrossed with and Tragically Fated to.
Starcrosses and Tragic Fates are reciprocal.
Mafia are additionally informed of ALL starcross and tragic fate relationships.
For each tragic fate pairing, one player in the pairing is informed of two players they are not starcrossed to. Neither candidate will be their starcross.

Each day, players vote to ship two other players together. It only take half the votes to ship two players. After one pair is shipped, this process repeats until every player has been shipped.
At the end of each day, events happen based on the characteristics of each pairing:
- Mafia paired with mafia immediately cause town to win the game
- Tragically fated pairs of players perish. If a Mafiosi dies this way, town wins the game.
- If a Starcrossed pair is fully town, they become an OTP. Their alignments are revealed and they are automatically paired with eachother at the start of each day for the rest of the game.
Mafia wins if the town has not won by the end of day X, where X=3 as of now.
Last edited by popsofctown on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

Thank you for the feedback Jingle.

I edited to "X=3", and town winning on -either- mafia perishing although the intent was if both, and narrowed the information down to 2 non-starcrosses.

I kind of don't love the setup or think I would run it but it's still fun to think about. The rules for this challenge are trickly for doing my favorite things.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I could maybe do "8 players or less" and "ends by day 4" or "coalition style choice" with a revision of the autobattler setup, maybe.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh it's designed to be a marathon, I'm just not sure it even meets the bar that there is for that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:55 am

Post by popsofctown »

The right support
1 Mafia Support - Blitzcrank
1 Mafia Carry - Vengeful Kogmaw

1 Town Support - Rakan
1 Town Carry - Xayah
2 Town Support
2 Town Carry

No standard lynch or nightkill.
During Day 1 and 2, carries propose to supports to pair. A support may reject a proposal one time per day. At the end of the day, mafia may bet the game on one of the pairings being Xayah-Rakan, winning on a correct guess and losing on an incorrect guess. Then, mafia lose the game if mafia are paired together, and town wins if Xayah and Rakan are paired together if it's day two.
Day 3, the town lynches a carry. If they lynch Kogmaw, Kogmaw kills one player, and if he successfully kills Xayah the mafia win. Otherwise, the town wins.
Last edited by popsofctown on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

The flavor is that it's a bad pairing, Kogmaw is one of the weakest earlygame adcs, so when blitz hooks people they just kill kogmaw for free gold.

Lulu can level shield and generally keep a kogmaw healthy enough.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

There's probably a better flavor for it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 112, Jingle wrote:
In post 110, popsofctown wrote:There's probably a better flavor for it.
You could flavor it with the Avalon board game.

Merlin/Percival/Morgana/Mordred 2 Knights 2 Councilors.

As worded, town wins if they lynch Xayah D1 and Xayah and Rakan aren't paired. I assume that's not intended and Mafia wins if Kogmaw is never lynched.

I'm torn as to whether vote for town or massclaim is a better option as written, and would have to do the EV calcs to figure it out. Massclaim is exactly 50%, so assuming that playing it as a vote for town is viable it's almost certainly more fun.

Also, combining vote for town and flagbearer mechanics is pretty interesting.
IDK who's in love with who in that game or in standard medieval legend. Would really like to figure out the "duh, everyone would understand this metaphor" answer at some point but nothing has leapt at me yet.
The game is not supposed to include a standard lynch, only a lynch that is specifically available on day 3.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

The Best Patch
1 Mafia Support - Blitzcrank
1 Mafia Carry - Vengeful Godfather Kog'maw

1 Town Support - Rakan
1 Town Carry - Xayah
2 Town Support
2 Town Carry

No standard lynch or nightkill.
Kog'maw can lynch himself by posting the letter "e" anytime. Blitzcrank can recommend this, and cause it to happen by proxy, by posting the letter "b" at any time. Other players lose the game if they fail to include more than one character in any post.
Whenever Kog'maw kills Rakan or Xayah with his vengekill, mafia wins no matter what anything else says.
During Day 1 and 2, carries propose to supports to pair. A pairing becomes valid if the carry posts
Propose: Playername
, any uninvolved player makes any kind of post, and the support's first next post is
Accept: Playername
. When the third mutually accepted pairing of a day occurs, the day instantly ends. In end-of-day, if Kog'maw is paired with Blitzcrank, town wins; if Rakan is paired with Xayah, town wins; and if neither of those things happened pairings reset.
For day three, if the town still hasn't won, instead supports become deathproof and town has one single lynch before scum win by default.

Version 2.0, deliberately chatroom or marathon-only and activity based.
Last edited by popsofctown on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

If Kog'maw Vengekills the wrong person it's a scum loss, that's trying to be communicated by his name being "Godfather", I'm trying to balance clarity and wordiness and stuff.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The best patch is my final submission, best I got
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Good call
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Flash Mob > Ascension > Bjerg > Jail > Switch with names > Best Patch > Marathon night > Cunning Saints > Love you not> SS3 > Rivals
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #29) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 148, OkaPoka wrote:u should vote nsg!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The code you posted has all four winners voting their own setup the most highly, how is that granting you a different result?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I propose the tiebreak method, "the winner according to all ballots not submitted by someone who tied for first". This grants an outright winner of gobble.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The "game ends quick" requirement overlapped the playercount restriction
"Well, I..."

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”