She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:53 am

Post by mastina »

In post 133, Team STRQ wrote:That's the only way I can understand
Chronos
unless she's town and genuinely dislikes everything about my posting and is hammering the fuck out of me. I've never encountered a player quite like this.
I swear to you, kid you not, that Chronos legit just gives off the quintessential Yume vibes because the things you're describing from Chronos are things that aren't out of place from Yume. Doesn't matter if Chronos is a different person from Yume, they give off the same sort of vibe to me, swear to god, if you approach the slot like it were Yume then even though Chronos probably isn't Yume that approach is still going to be a net positive because of the similarities.
In post 140, Titus wrote:If this is wrong or I die, you'll sheep me on EP/BP? I feel the same way about them on those two and they are in the bottom of your reads list.
I mean, they're in my scumread pile, so like...obviously, yes. :P

I would vote EP/BP in a heartbeat and it wouldn't surprise me to see that the scumteam this game has 2-3 newbs in it and that they're more or less running with their heads cut off due to lacking an IC to teach them.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 149, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 147, Titus wrote:
In post 142, Team STRQ wrote:Titus, how serious were you in your first two posts this game?
Very. RVS ended early for me.
I assume you merely think he's lurking, and his single vote was a distancing one?

While this is a reasonable process, it seems a bit strange to be pushing lurkers right now when there are players committed to convincing you they're scum in the game. I just think the former should be more of a null read in contrast to the latter. Do you disagree?
Wait no... you think Chronos is town. How are you seeing EP and BP as connected really at all?

How do you have a read on BP past lurking? His post seemed to be pretty obviously a joke.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 150, mastina wrote:
In post 133, Team STRQ wrote:That's the only way I can understand
Chronos
unless she's town and genuinely dislikes everything about my posting and is hammering the fuck out of me. I've never encountered a player quite like this.
I swear to you, kid you not, that Chronos legit just gives off the quintessential Yume vibes because the things you're describing from Chronos are things that aren't out of place from Yume. Doesn't matter if Chronos is a different person from Yume, they give off the same sort of vibe to me, swear to god, if you approach the slot like it were Yume then even though Chronos probably isn't Yume that approach is still going to be a net positive because of the similarities.
TSE does something similar to a smaller degree. One of the plus sides is that he's easier to just ignore.
In post 140, Titus wrote:If this is wrong or I die, you'll sheep me on EP/BP? I feel the same way about them on those two and they are in the bottom of your reads list.
I mean, they're in my scumread pile, so like...obviously, yes. :P

I would vote EP/BP in a heartbeat and it wouldn't surprise me to see that the scumteam this game has 2-3 newbs in it and that they're more or less running with their heads cut off due to lacking an IC to teach them.
"Running around with their heads cut off" is certainly what's happening with a few players this game, regardless of alignment.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Team STRQ »

@Titus, I also don't understand how you scum read EP but not Yume.

-Raven
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 am

Post by mastina »

Team STRQ + eyestott

Egix96

Titus
Chronos

alimdia
Rabid Schnauzer

BSG Shadowlesscloud

EspressoPatronum + BP
Adorable

Updated list.
Seeing Titus now, feel better about her. Need more from alimidia, but cautiously optimistic of this being town. Egix is also more town than before, so this is;
Locktown; strong townreads; decent townreads; weak townreads; null; scumreads.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Team STRQ »

sounds like my team has things well in hand

I'll be back when my head is screwed back on straight

ty

(or maybe I'll be posting entirely in the discord if I feel particularly spicy)

-Summer
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Team STRQ »

mastina talk to me about why Chronos is town and EP is scum.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 156, Team STRQ wrote:mastina talk to me about why Chronos is town and EP is scum.
I agree that EP is scum.

I just don't understand how you can think EP is scum and think Yume is town.

-Raven

(specifically pertaining to the second slot's dissonance on the first).
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 am

Post by Team STRQ »

Titus
, you know me much better than to dismiss my posts as
"omgusy defensive"

And none of my posts have been directed to
EP
, so if you're speaking about another head, you should clarify. My heads are more confident there.

Also, I've already prompted an engagement with you and you didn't see. I also want your justification on
Chronos
-town.

I don't follow
Mastina's
confidence so well but I've seen the same confidence come from either alignment (don't know enough to assess her meta here, so it's a general thought.) But it's really hard to fake a lot of her statements.

Can people talk to me about
Adorable
?

I'm having difficulty dissecting
In post 112, Adorable wrote:
Spoiler: Mastina/Eyestott Quotes
In post 27, mastina wrote:
In post 26, mastina wrote:
In post 20, eyestott wrote:Why are you including the hydra in this?
Purely because until EspressoPatronum ruined it, we were the only three slots to have posted. :P
Speaking of,
VOTE: EspressoPatronum
For ruining the three-man posting townbloc on page one. :P

1)
This is not really a good vote reason to scum read someone. You scum read Espresso for doing an rvs on page 1 while you were interacting with eyestott and Team on page 1? Isn't page 1 normally supposed to be rvs?

Spoiler: mastina quote
In post 110, mastina wrote:
In post 45, Chronos wrote:I have no idea who that is, but rest assured, if it was someone you didn’t like, they’re not in the game.
Eh, I'm probably one of the few who didn't inherently dislike Yume.
In post 45, Chronos wrote:Mastina, what do you think of the post I quoted? On EP.
Well I voted Espresso. :P

I'm not convinced Espresso is scum, but Espresso certainly isn't locktown.

2)
You say you're not convinced Espresso is scum but you still leave your vote on him? If you were not convinced a player is scum then wouldn't it make more sense to not vote the player if you're not convinced they are scum?

VOTE: mastina

I'm pretty much just trying to get the feel of the game understanding on what's going on right now.
1)
Page 1 isn't exclusively RVS? Tbh, I do what I can to get out of RVS and don't look back. RVS is defined by whenever reads are formed in the game in my mind.

2)
And why is it a problem for someone to vote outside of having a 100% confident scumread on them? Can't votes be a center-point to resolve or sort reads around?

First, you have a problem with
mastina
voting a read that's serious/scumread so early.
Second, you have a problem with
mastina
voting when she's not convinced of her read/vote being serious/scumread.

These two issues you find with
Mastina's
posts conflict, and they're hardly clear by themselves.

I see why
eyestott/one of my head's Qrow/mastina
voted you.

-Tai
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Team STRQ »

Yume's interactions with EP are so cliche that there's a word for it in Japanese anime, commonly used for girls who have a crush on guys they refuse to admit to.

She also seems to take her nervousness and play it off by unleashing it in a completely different (and OMGUS-y, from her perspective) direction.

-Raven.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Titus »

In post 148, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 146, Titus wrote:
In post 143, Team STRQ wrote:I'm really not following your process here. Granted, I skimmed my partner's posts, but what partner do you have?
My partners read = My read on EP and BP being partners.
I see...

BP hasn't done anything but make a singular joke post, and I assumed until now your reaction to him was also a joke, am I wrong in that?

-Raven
Most people don't complain about game speed as a joke.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 153, Team STRQ wrote:@Titus, I also don't understand how you scum read EP but not Yume.

-Raven
Yume didn't vote BP then not stick around and act like he never existed. I'm assuming Yume is Adorable here.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Adorable

Soon you'll come to the grey side. We have half cookies.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Chronos »

In post 161, Titus wrote:
In post 153, Team STRQ wrote:@Titus, I also don't understand how you scum read EP but not Yume.

-Raven
Yume didn't vote BP then not stick around and act like he never existed. I'm assuming Yume is Adorable here.
No, I'm yume apparently. Adorable is adorable.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Titus »

In post 163, Chronos wrote:
In post 161, Titus wrote:

-Raven
No, I'm yume apparently. Adorable is adorable.
Oh you're not Yume. It's gotta be the avatar.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Chronos »

In post 159, Team STRQ wrote:Yume's interactions with EP are so cliche that there's a word for it in Japanese anime, commonly used for girls who have a crush on guys they refuse to admit to.

She also seems to take her nervousness and play it off by unleashing it in a completely different (and OMGUS-y, from her perspective) direction.

-Raven.

I'll probably need a whole ass strategy to take you guys out.
In post 142, Team STRQ wrote:Chronos, you've grossly misunderstood and it's really not worth anyone's time to attempt to maintain communications with you until you re-evaluate.
Tell me where I'm misunderstanding this :
In post 78, Chronos wrote:UNVOTE:

Also not sure how to even handle Tai’s question.
They obviously had no thought about it, why should I? And how does that help them read me? The fact that I haven’t reacted to a post about how someone ended in a game? It wasn’t even their very first post if I remember correctly.
- I have no scum read of mastina, I'm wondering why you'd ask me that when you had no thought about it
In post 87, Team STRQ wrote:If so,
how does Mastina have less thought
in 12 than Espresso's in 24?
How about one of you explain the grossly misinterpretation that
I
have made. If it's so gross, then it must be painfully obvious what you wanted to ask me, right?

I've done nothing to misinterpret your points, stop acting like I did, or you're only going to get me more tunneled. Enlighten me, where have I blatantly misinterpreted your points and where DID YOU NOT misinterpret MINE?
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Adorable »

I'm not an active member. I finished reading from where I left off and I got 12 incoming single posts coming up and I can't multiquote them all.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 133, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 125, alimdia wrote:Chronos, your post 122 is very long, so I won't bother to quote.
I agree with your first half of the post. The points seem to flow logically and does seem to be a simple misunderstanding in regards to you thinking that STRQ was
saying that they TR you instead of me, and your follow up reactions all seem very genuine to me, so I'm going to wait for STRQ to reply.

However I am struggling to understand the second half of your post regarding Adorable, and the last part where you said "just blew my chance at getting them lynched."
In post 127, Chronos wrote:
In post 125, alimdia wrote:Chronos, your post 122 is very long, so I won't bother to quote.
I agree with your first half of the post. The points seem to flow logically and does seem to be a simple misunderstanding in regards to you thinking that STRQ was
saying that they TR you instead of me, and your follow up reactions all seem very genuine to me, so I'm going to wait for STRQ to reply.

However I am struggling to understand the second half of your post regarding Adorable, and the last part where you said "just blew my chance at getting them lynched."
I am town reading Adorable and I question the votes on her.

People will need more than this to get STRQ and mastina lynched if I'm right on them, and if they're scum, now they are a lot more weary about how they interact with each other, because up to this point, if they were scum, they were messing around and not giving much of a fuck.
Chronos
has no rational justification for giving 2 strong preflip associative scumreads before post 150, so that's why she's saying both of
this hydra/Mastina
are scum because she can hop between two lynch candidates without explaining herself on the individual scumread.

That's the only way I can understand
Chronos

So I'm solving her at a distance, and want to look at
Adorable/Alimidia/Eyestott
next... when I find time since I have a lab report, a scientific article review to do, as well as read several other scientific articles for my Genetics undergrad classes...

-Tai
From reading this are you saying Chronos scum reads both you and mastina thinking you are scum buddies and you scum read Chronos? The part when you said "That's the only way I can understand Chronos unless she's town and genuinely dislikes everything about my posting and is hammering the fuck out of me. I've never encountered a player quite like this." I interpreted that as if you were scum reading Chronos and then you started to think maybe she is genuinely town.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 138, mastina wrote:
In post 116, Titus wrote:Mastina, can you join me on BP? I think you're wrong on Adorable but right on EP and BP.
Sorry, Titus, but I'm not budging from Adorable.
Have you played with Adorable?

I have, and never before in my career have I so strongly felt that the contrast between the Adorable I'm seeing now and the Adorable I saw before is due to a different alignment. Adorable this game is oozing obvscum, not to mention, radiating an entirely different aura than when I played with her before, where she was obvtown pretty much immediately.
So your scum read on me is because I played different than I did in that UPick game I played with you? This was my 3rd game I played here and players new to the forum change their playstyle. I don't like how your scum read on me is because I'm playing different and your play right now reminds me of scum Yumeko Kirari from that Waifu game when they were scum reading a town player who played different from their other town game and I also did not like the omgus you did on me.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 139, mastina wrote:
In post 122, Chronos wrote:Also, regarding Adorable, I think that their intro post makes a lot of sense and it is vote worthy (on mastina), so mastina and strq jumping the gun on them when they should know what a newbtown looks like is concerning.
I do know what newbtown Adorable looks like.
This isn't what newbtown Adorable looks like.

This is what newbscum Adorable looks like.

(Btw, just gonna say. 122 is a quintessential Yumesque post so I stand by my assessment there. :P)
I saw in another post you linked one of my completed town games and my play in that game is pretty much the same I'm doing here when I voted a scum read.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 157, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 156, Team STRQ wrote:mastina talk to me about why Chronos is town and EP is scum.
I agree that EP is scum. I just don't understand how you can think EP is scum and think Yume is town.
(specifically pertaining to the second slot's dissonance on the first).
Honestly.
Gut that the Chronos-you spout is TvT. Chronos just doesn't seem to be scum and carries an aura of genuineness in the push, with an angle, strength, and energy that feels like it doesn't come from scum.
In post 168, Adorable wrote:So your scum read on me is because I played different than I did in that UPick game I played with you? This was my 3rd game I played here and players new to the forum change their playstyle.
I considered that! So I did some research.

Every game you've played previously was similar to the game I played with you before, where you were town.

None of your other games looked like your play this game, and the overall awkwardness and forced nature of your posting led me to the obvious conclusion.
In post 168, Adorable wrote:I also did not like the omgus you did on me.
Nice try but my suspicion on you predates your suspicion on me. In fact, you're the one who omgus'd me. :)
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 143, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 140, Titus wrote:
In post 138, mastina wrote:
In post 116, Titus wrote:Mastina, can you join me on BP? I think you're wrong on Adorable but right on EP and BP.
Sorry, Titus, but I'm not budging from Adorable.
Have you played with Adorable?

I have, and never before in my career have I so strongly felt that the contrast between the Adorable I'm seeing now and the Adorable I saw before is due to a different alignment. Adorable this game is oozing obvscum, not to mention, radiating an entirely different aura than when I played with her before, where she was obvtown pretty much immediately.
If this is wrong or I die, you'll sheep me on EP/BP? I feel the same way about them on those two and they are in the bottom of your reads list. I don't have a strong feeling on Adorable but I'd rather not fight.

I feel even stronger based on EP's why me fry me fight/response to Chronos and trying to say there's not enough to support my partners read. The hydra getting all omgusy defensive of those two really doesn't sit well with me either.

I could go to the hydra but I'd rather work with you than against you.
I'm really not following your process here. Granted, I skimmed my partner's posts, but what partner do you have?

I'm almost certain the hydra is currently scumreading EP/Yume and we have been since before Yume decided to try and flip on us. (Granted, only slightly before, but trying to excuse her unvote and dissonance on EP would take an act of Plato.)
You scum read EP/Yume but you vote me instead and you didn't even explain your vote. Where's the logic in that? You keep switching your votes around and I also noticed you have been in every wagon. Are you scum reading Chronos for unvoting EP? Why is unvoting scummy?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by mastina »

To put it another way;
My suspicion on Adorable isn't meta by itself.
My suspicion on Adorable is two-fold.

The first is the awkwardness of Adorable's posting--this is the stronger of the two reasons for scumreading Adorable, and is not specific to Adorable. Any player displaying the artificial tone Adorable has displayed would be a scumread of mine, even if I had never played with them before.

The second part is in the meta, of this
not
being my first game with Adorable, and in knowing that Adorable as town
isn't
awkward, isn't stilted, isn't artificial in tone. By having played with Adorable before, I know that her awkwardness isn't due to her being newbtown, because I've seen her as newbtown and lacking that awkwardness--and by doing a quick meta research, I was able to verify; my experience with Adorable matches every one of her prior games, whereas her play this game contrasts with those previous encounters.

Adorable this game is triggering multiple newbscum tells that are utterly absent from previous games of hers where she was town.

So I legit just think that she got a rough first scumgame here where she isn't quite sure how to play as scum.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 144, mastina wrote:
In post 123, alimdia wrote:Do you guys know if mastina prefers playing town or scum?
It is incredibly public record that the answer's town. It's on my wiki, it's stated numerous times in MD, it's in all of my scumgames, it's in team mafia where I outlined why I wanted to be town, and in multiple towngames. Suffice to say, I despise being scum.
In post 123, alimdia wrote:I agree on this.
Basically.

I've played with Adorable before.

This is not the town Adorable that I've seen before.

I did a meta check on Adorable--every Adorable towngame looked similar to my experience with Adorable, and yet that experience with Adorable contrasts with what Adorable has done this game. And Adorable has radiated the aura of newbscum at every single stage. I legit just think that this is Adorable's first scumgame and that the difference between my expectations and what I see, as well as Adorable's all-around stunted stiltedness, is due to Adorable not knowing how to play scum and being out of their element, out of their depth, at the role.
And my town game is still the same I'm doing here. Have you ever seen my scum game? I only have 1 completed scum game and I was doing some distancing with my scum buddy when I started out as scum and I was interacting with my scum buddy. You scum reading me for playing different is a bad way to scum way a player. Scum hunting is more about figuring out a player's objective.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 145, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 80, Chronos wrote:I no longer think EP’s scum, I tried to gauge out reactions as much as I could.

I do have some other scum reads though that I plan to keep for myself and will probably lurk for quite a bit and observe from afar.
Here, for example:

Is she trying to say that she never actually scum read EP and was just reaction testing, or that she has scum read EP the entire time and now no longer scum reads him? The first line implies both, and the timing of her unvote implies scum. Distancing seems the most likely in this instance, to be honest.

While I can understand you trying to town read her for several reasons that I've explained to the other members in the chat, the point brought up above maintains her at
most
slightly above null for me.

-Raven.
Over here you're saying Chronos and EP were distancing and you scum read them for that? Earlier I saw Titus suspect BP and EP for suspecting them as svs and it looked like you voted Titus for saying that and then you say "Joining you when asked in rvs = s/s huh?" Was the scum read on her because the EP and BP did not look like distancing to you?

Joining you when asked in rvs = s/s huh?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”