Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 165, Chronos wrote:
In post 159, Team STRQ wrote:Yume's interactions with EP are so cliche that there's a word for it in Japanese anime, commonly used for girls who have a crush on guys they refuse to admit to.

She also seems to take her nervousness and play it off by unleashing it in a completely different (and OMGUS-y, from her perspective) direction.

-Raven.

I'll probably need a whole ass strategy to take you guys out.
In post 142, Team STRQ wrote:Chronos, you've grossly misunderstood and it's really not worth anyone's time to attempt to maintain communications with you until you re-evaluate.
Tell me where I'm misunderstanding this :
In post 78, Chronos wrote:UNVOTE:

Also not sure how to even handle Tai’s question.
They obviously had no thought about it, why should I? And how does that help them read me? The fact that I haven’t reacted to a post about how someone ended in a game? It wasn’t even their very first post if I remember correctly.
- I have no scum read of mastina, I'm wondering why you'd ask me that when you had no thought about it
In post 87, Team STRQ wrote:If so,
how does Mastina have less thought
in 12 than Espresso's in 24?
How about one of you explain the grossly misinterpretation that
I
have made. If it's so gross, then it must be painfully obvious what you wanted to ask me, right?

I've done nothing to misinterpret your points, stop acting like I did, or you're only going to get me more tunneled. Enlighten me, where have I blatantly misinterpreted your points and where DID YOU NOT misinterpret MINE?
Tai

Simple question that takes 5 minutes to answer. If you’re town, the answer would help me discern your alignment and it would make it easier for us to communicate. Stop acting like you have the high ground, come down from your little pedestal and explain yourself to fellow mortals that are beneath you. Dumb or not, we will be the reason for your down fall and if you can’t dedicate 3 minutes of your time to explain to me where I’m wrong when you keep calling me wrong and misinterpreting everything IS NOT a good look because I’ll keep on tunneling you til you die.

I don’t care which head replies to this, it should be you since you were the one to claim I misinterpreted your posts.

If you’re town, from my PoV, you AtEing and making me the bad guy solves nothing for you, because if you admit to being mistaken you are scum claiming, so you wiggling your way out of this interaction is a horrible look.

Continue doing this and at some point nobody’s going to be willing to work with you.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 187, Team STRQ wrote:I'm aware that you're new to the game, but for a heads up, flinging shit in our general direction isn't typically a good way to get people to stop scum reading you or even to make other people scum read us.

- Raven
Follow your advice and talk to me.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 199, Adorable wrote:Now explain to me why my post here is scummy? Mastina's vote on Espresso was for ruining the three man posting town block. I just finished a micro game where scum were forming early town block and this reminded me of that game where town were getting mislynched for not being in the town block. Next on page 5 Mastina says she is not convinced Espresso is scum but is certainly isn't locktown. Since Mastina said she is not convinced Espresso is scum, then why did she still put Espresso on the bottom of her read which looked like the scum list if she is not convinced he is scum? Shouldn't he be on the null middle read for saying she is not convinced he is scum?
Not convinced he's scum just means she isn't 100% on him.

I do see your point somewhat in that mastina's diction feels a bit fence-sitty, but at worst it's word choice, at best it's indicative of scum. Your post seemed a bit too reactive for such a small (conservatively) tell. Conversely, trying to push a case hard is a relatively solid way to look town, especially if you've managed to pull off a case on one of the players that looks to be building a town block. As scum, you've either managed to be ignored as someone locked into a tunnel (and thus treated as town for the rest of the foreseeable game, guaranteeing yourself a slot in LyLo, or you've built a case that prevents a town block. Likely the former, but what do you have to lose from shooting your shot as a newer scum player that needs to rely on larger plays to get by?
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

-Raven
Rabid Schnauzer
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Rabid Schnauzer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Post by Rabid Schnauzer »

Been busy, will catch up when I can.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by alimdia »

I want to say that Adorable has been scum - with me actually.

Now getting to the rest of the posts...
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 187, Team STRQ wrote:I'm aware that you're new to the game, but for a heads up, flinging shit in our general direction isn't typically a good way to get people to stop scum reading you or even to make other people scum read us.

- Raven
I had to look up what flinging shit means and this is a really bad insulting word meaning. STRQ now offended me after having to look up what that meaning means when all I did was ask them questions.
In post 195, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 175, Adorable wrote:
In post 161, Titus wrote:
In post 153, Team STRQ wrote:@Titus, I also don't understand how you scum read EP but not Yume.

Our vote needed no explanation, one need only read the post you made prior. Sitting on a single vote all game is typically bad town play for a whole slew of reasons. Our vote has changed multiple times because several players in this game have made rather scummy posts and there are four heads in this hydra and none of us clear it with any of the other members before we vote unless there are extenuating circumstances
Votes do need explanation so that way players can understand what the scum read is. You switching your votes around looked like as if you knew the players acting scummy are town.
In post 202, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 199, Adorable wrote:Now explain to me why my post here is scummy? Mastina's vote on Espresso was for ruining the three man posting town block. I just finished a micro game where scum were forming early town block and this reminded me of that game where town were getting mislynched for not being in the town block. Next on page 5 Mastina says she is not convinced Espresso is scum but is certainly isn't locktown. Since Mastina said she is not convinced Espresso is scum, then why did she still put Espresso on the bottom of her read which looked like the scum list if she is not convinced he is scum? Shouldn't he be on the null middle read for saying she is not convinced he is scum?
Not convinced he's scum just means she isn't 100% on him.

I do see your point somewhat in that mastina's diction feels a bit fence-sitty, but at worst it's word choice, at best it's indicative of scum. Your post seemed a bit too reactive for such a small (conservatively) tell. Conversely, trying to push a case hard is a relatively solid way to look town, especially if you've managed to pull off a case on one of the players that looks to be building a town block. As scum, you've either managed to be ignored as someone locked into a tunnel (and thus treated as town for the rest of the foreseeable game, guaranteeing yourself a slot in LyLo, or you've built a case that prevents a town block. Likely the former, but what do you have to lose from shooting your shot as a newer scum player that needs to rely on larger plays to get by?
This last sentence to this post looked like they are calling newb scum. STRQ has been playing mafia longer than me and they should know what a newb scum looks like. I know what newb scum looks like and normally they just lurk not knowing who to vote. Newb scum doesn't even have the balls to even make a vote like what I just did and instead they just get nervous not knowing who to vote or they just sheep. The team are probably STRQ/mastina. I don't like how STRQ insulted me with that bad word on the first quote.

VOTE: Team STRQ
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:30 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 136, Egix96 wrote:
In post 126, eyestott wrote:Alimdia. What is your strongest read right now?
In post 128, alimdia wrote: prob Chronos.

Now that I ISO'ed you, you're pinging me as scum. VOTE: eyestott
This sequence feels... odd.
Alim, would you be willing to say what it was that pinged you about Eyes?
Ok have a quick look at Eyestott's ISO.

A bunch of fluff. Only really serious posts are
post 20 - Says not put hydra in 'townbloc' ... at post 20.....
Btw I hate people saying townblocks because its such a shit way to have random town reads without justification and I would vote anyone that brings that up D1
post 23 - 36 banter or fluff?
post 41 - 47 goes on chronos

tl:dr a lot of fluff, content doesn't lead anywhere.
says 'townblock activate' on adorable
unvotes adorable after I unvote adorable

--- this is where I ISO'ed him up to last night after he asked me ---
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 144, mastina wrote:
In post 123, alimdia wrote:Do you guys know if mastina prefers playing town or scum?
It is incredibly public record that the answer's town. It's on my wiki, it's stated numerous times in MD, it's in all of my scumgames, it's in team mafia where I outlined why I wanted to be town, and in multiple towngames. Suffice to say, I despise being scum.
hm... if its such an incredibly public record, I don't know what to think about you 'publically' saying why you wanted to play this game.

Also, wtf is this?
In post 28, TemporalLich wrote:
mastina dances and howls in the moonlight.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by alimdia »

I know I promised to ISO everyone else, but there has been a lot of juicy content the last couple of pages to catch up on, so that will have to wait
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Adorable »

I messed up on the quote on the middle and it's in grey instead of it being spaced. Votes do need explanation so that way players can understand what the scum read is. STRQ switching his votes around looked like as if he knew the players acting scummy are town.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Chronos »

Egix
, why does the sequence feel odd?
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 210, Adorable wrote:I messed up on the quote on the middle and it's in grey instead of it being spaced. Votes do need explanation so that way players can understand what the scum read is. STRQ switching his votes around looked like as if he knew the players acting scummy are town.
I can already tell this game is going to be a migraine

-Summer
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 207, alimdia wrote:

Btw I hate people saying townblocks because its such a shit way to have random town reads without justification and I would vote anyone that brings that up D1
post 23 - 36 banter or fluff?

says 'townblock activate' on adorable

I’ve chosen my fluff very carefully and seriously. A full commitment to this game is what I’m thinking of.
I don’t think fluff is really AI is it? I’m not a very skilled player, but I do know exactly what I’m doing at the moment. The fact that you don’t has me a bit suspicious.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

Which slots have next to nothing out yet?

-Summer
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:08 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 211, Chronos wrote:

Egix
I just found it strange that Alim happened to start suspecting the same person who asked him to give a read.

(1) post 23 - 36 banter or fluff?

(2) says 'townblock activate' on adorable

I see what you mean with (2), but I think that, that early in the game, I can't really fault someone for making smalltalk if it helps them to engage with the game.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 am

Post by eyestott »

Hey Egix, who is your favourite Avenger? Mine’s Captain America.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 am

Post by Chronos »

eyestott
-

I really don't think this is a town slot. Weak opener, posed questions that are fluff. Votes are predatory and aren't followed up with any attempt at discerning alignments. Votes me, moves to Adorable, in the same "gotcha" type of voting that is unwarranted. Also, I don't actually believe that eyestott did this :
In post 213, eyestott wrote:I’ve chosen my fluff very carefully and seriously.
It's basically saying it wasn't fluff at all, and it all had a purpose for something, which is hard to grasp. Like, what purpose did you have when you asked egix what his favourite avenger was, or if the heads of the hydra were public knowledge?

This
might
be a town slot under weird circumstances which could explain that phrase above, but until then, I think this goes in the "wouldn't care if they got pushed" list.

Egix96
-

Ok, upon a re-view, this looks like a solid slot for scum contenders. Their first vote is actually horrendous. It creates a dichotomy between me and EP, calling both our votes bad.

My gripe with this sentence :
In post 48, Egix96 wrote:
In post 41, eyestott wrote:
In post 39, Chronos wrote:
In post 24, EspressoPatronum wrote:I was actually going to vote for the hydra, but I saw Ank's profile pic in there +
didn't want her to think I have a vendetta against her from TM20.

I picked BSG bcz I don't know what it stands for.
VOTE: EspressoPatronum
In post 40, Chronos wrote:No way a civilian thinks that much about his entrance and an rvs vote yada yada yeeeeee
Not a fan of that entrance. VOTE: Chronos
Nah, I think that 24 is clearly worse.
I don't see why Patronum should be so concerned with (highlighted). To me it reads as scum not wanting to stick their foot in it.

VOTE: Patronum
Is that, it's kind of goofy thought process. A wolf, if they were afraid, would most likely not even mention it. I have trouble parsing this as a legit town PoV, if you think they are afraid of a certain push on a slot, wouldn't you think they would just...not do it?

His #136 is mostly done to refute my argument for town reading Adorable, but he brings nothing of value to the table.
In post 215, Egix96 wrote:I just found it strange that Alim happened to start suspecting the same person who asked him to give a read.
I actually don't buy this, at all. In what world does Egix think, from a town!PoV, that a wolf would turn on the person that they town read? What was so suspicious about it? Eyestott didn't even like, call alimdia out or anything, so why would you find it strange that alimdia started scum leaning eyestott, someone that was town reading alimdia?

A lot of Egix's thoughts don't really make much sense from a town PoV, I feel as though this would be a go-to slot for a cfd or something like that. There's no progression, the reads are mostly made to reflect a certain action that devoid of context is scummy, but there isn't a natural, flowing progression that reaches that spot.

Also, he fits the archetype of scum lurker, they feel as though they need to regain high ground in the thread and stand out, which is what these votes and suspicions are doing. A town lurker would take their time analysing everything, whereas, a scum lurker only has an interest of looking good when coming back to the thread, looking like they're actively contributing despite being gone, because they are thinking they'd look really bad if they've done no hunting or anything.

Definitely a solid vote.

Adorable
-

I definitely would fight against their lynch today, I disagree with the general view and not just because #shine and being contrarian, I actually don't understand where the suspicion is coming from. I feel as though, if Adorable wanted to come out good out of a thunderdome (which I see she's being accused of) she'd mostly focus on arguing with mastina, instead, they expand their hunting towards slots like STRQ also. My mental map of how a wolf would handle this situation is not exactly what Adorable's doing. I feel that her initial vote on mastina made a lot of sense, although you could say it's "weird" because it's their first post or something, it's still kinda... I mean, I would've expected them to make less sense, the vote just makes sense from an uninformed town PoV. If you look from the perspective of "Adorable!wolf wanted to tunnel a high-threat player that's hard to lynch, they know it, they just wanted to get the credit" I feel as though they'd pick a target that's easier to throw shit at? Like, there's really not much about mastina's posts that can be contrived into maintaining a tunnel like that, thus, I think the vote and suspicion are genuine.

Titus
-

I am kind of susceptible to town reading this slot because they are kind of town reading me and shielding me a bit, but not to the point of full-on countering the arguments thrown at me and reading the people that are suspecting me, mainly STRQ. However, I did like her callout on EP, to be honest, EP felt like he hurled himself into a vote on me, it definitely felt rushed, which is why I liked the call-out. Not sure whether I think Titus is right anymore, but I could see the reasoning for calling EP out. I just skimmed down and saw that she did state she doesn't like the hydra. Looking back on her opening vote, it also looks good. Probably would fight against their lynch today.

alimdia
-

Meh, I kind of probably will feel bad for giving this read, but there's a certain sentence in one post that I don't expect scum to make or even focus on. There really isn't much *there* in alimdia's iso for me to feel good about. I'm probably skating on that sentence thing but will most likely come back to this read once I see more contribution. Totally don't want anyone thinking I have good reasons town leaning this slot, but for now, with the content that was provided, I'd probably defend them based on that specific thing, although it's probably bad practice. Would probably fight against their lynch.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:54 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 156, Team STRQ wrote:mastina talk to me about why Chronos is town and EP is scum.
In post 157, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 156, Team STRQ wrote:mastina talk to me about why Chronos is town and EP is scum.
I agree that EP is scum.

I just don't understand how you can think EP is scum and think Yume is town.

-Raven

(specifically pertaining to the second slot's dissonance on the first).
I view all the heads as 1 singular and don't bother figuring out which one posted which post, Sorry. Reading this sequence is quite weird because I don't quite understand why EP is scum for you, and if so, why are you guys not pushing EP as well? Either way, the rest of your post later said you haven't really directed a post at EP much.

That BP vs EP conversation with Titus sounds like a TvT conversation, but I have been fooled by that before (namely Menaque)

My gut says Chronos vs STRQ TvT...
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 am

Post by alimdia »

mastina, does this make u reconsider now that u know its not adorable's first game
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 215, Egix96 wrote:
In post 211, Chronos wrote:

Egix
I just found it strange that Alim happened to start suspecting the same person who asked him to give a read.

(1) post 23 - 36 banter or fluff?

(2) says 'townblock activate' on adorable

I see what you mean with (2), but I think that, that early in the game, I can't really fault someone for making smalltalk if it helps them to engage with the game.
Okay but what do
you
think? Is eyestott scummy or not. Why does him asking me about my reads mean I can't say he is scummy after reading his ISO?

What does it mean 'find it strange'. Are you just throwing shade at me on the side?

So far you have decided to just sit on a fence and poke little questions at people, but I want to know what your plan is.

Like another example is this. You point this out but whats the conclusion here. Seems like you are soft discrediting Chronos's defence on Adora without committing.
In post 122, Chronos wrote:Also, regarding Adorable, I think that their intro post makes a lot of sense and it is vote worthy (on mastina), so mastina and strq jumping the gun on them when they should know what a newbtown looks like is concerning. These two slots have done nothing but looking for mislynch bait today, yet alone sort someone.
I actually did a little digging (i.e. ego-search) on Adorable upon seeing this and found that her first game was a Newbie from July 2019, and she has played in some other games since then as well. Doesn't seem like the whole 'newbtown' thing applies here iyam. The thing is though, the initial impression that I had was that she was an alt.

==

Tell me your reads on the following people, who have by far taken over the game (in terms of attention)
Adorable
STRQ
Chronos
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:01 am

Post by alimdia »

At least you don't have 80% fluff posts like eyestott
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:05 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 132, Team STRQ wrote:
daymasonize: alimdia

-Q
I haven't got a PM so you must be scum!
In post 140, Titus wrote:
In post 138, mastina wrote:
In post 116, Titus wrote:Mastina, can you join me on BP? I think you're wrong on Adorable but right on EP and BP.
Sorry, Titus, but I'm not budging from Adorable.
Have you played with Adorable?

I have, and never before in my career have I so strongly felt that the contrast between the Adorable I'm seeing now and the Adorable I saw before is due to a different alignment. Adorable this game is oozing obvscum, not to mention, radiating an entirely different aura than when I played with her before, where she was obvtown pretty much immediately.
If this is wrong or I die, you'll sheep me on EP/BP? I feel the same way about them on those two and they are in the bottom of your reads list. I don't have a strong feeling on Adorable but I'd rather not fight.

I feel even stronger based on EP's why me fry me fight/response to Chronos and trying to say there's not enough to support my partners read. The hydra getting all omgusy defensive of those two really doesn't sit well with me either.

I could go to the hydra but I'd rather work with you than against you.
Your first few posts are basically you kind of 'tunneling' about BP and EP team, and the reasoning seems reallllly flimsy.

And then you goes to this:
In post 162, Titus wrote:VOTE: Adorable

Soon you'll come to the grey side. We have half cookies.
Saving this here so its in my ISO for future reference tbh
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 am

Post by alimdia »

I reckon if Adora is scum, it is unlikely for Egix and STRQ to be their partner.

But it could actually be Titus.

Eyescott is just independently scummy by themself.

Er Chronos your reasoning for Adorable being 'not wolf' is kinda off. Since it seems like its based off WIFOMing (kinda)
I 100% agree on your stuff about Egix and EyeScott thoug, its like you took the words out of my mouth in regards to the Egix paragraph, but I do want to await his reply to my questions.
I'm aware that thats also the reason why you are slightly town reading me, but yeah...

@chronos @STRQ can you guys stop warring and ...
In particular, @STRQ, what do you think about Eyescott and Egix?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:15 am

Post by alimdia »

Actually STRQ, do you reckon Titus could be scum too? The way they were talking to you regarding the 'negotiation' about doing BP/EP really reminds me of Mena casually being scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”