Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 241, Chronos wrote:I just gave reads on 5 other players, so no, I am not tunneling.
That's not how that works.
In post 245, EspressoPatronum wrote:Small favour to ask of the Raven head before it becomes an issue. Can you pay more attention to your tone?

Adorable's alignment and/or play is not an excuse to treat her poorly.
Adorable has already failed to interpret several of our posts in their intended light despite my best efforts to avoid such a situation. Any resulting agony is the result of her own representation.

-Raven
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 246, EspressoPatronum wrote:I completely agree with the first half of this.
How?

Egix's post is very obviously not commenting on Chronos' post in the slightest
Your opening post was remarkably self-conscious, and Egix pointed that out. There's nothing scummy about that.
Chronos' content regarding Egix is almost as misrepresentative as her content regarding us. She maintains a constant worried awareness of her actions, which seem to be oriented towards not looking like she is what she feels like she is.

-Raven
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Team STRQ »

Like pretty much nothing Chronos tried to say about Egix was true unless you took the most conservatively scummy point of view and assumed that everything he did came from scum, which is a tactic that any player can (and should) use as scum, and often loses town games in LyLo as town players doubt their strongest town read despite their town-oriented actions because "scum can and will do anything."

-Raven
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:56 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 250, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 245, EspressoPatronum wrote:Small favour to ask of the Raven head before it becomes an issue. Can you pay more attention to your tone?

Adorable's alignment and/or play is not an excuse to treat her poorly.
Adorable has already failed to interpret several of our posts in their intended light despite my best efforts to avoid such a situation. Any resulting agony is the result of her own representation.

-Raven
Then your best efforts haven't been good enough + you need to try harder. If people have to plead with you to treat others respectfully in a social game, you're doing something wrong.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 251, Team STRQ wrote:Egix's post is very obviously not targeting Chronos' post for attention
Edited for better phrasing to prevent further misunderstanding

-Raven
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:58 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 254, Team STRQ wrote:
In post 251, Team STRQ wrote:Egix's post is very obviously not targeting Chronos' post for attention
Edited for better phrasing to prevent further misunderstanding

-Raven
Much appreciated. I have to go now, but I'll fully respond to your above question later.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 253, EspressoPatronum wrote:Then your best efforts haven't been good enough + you need to try harder. If people have to plead with you to treat others respectfully in a social game, you're doing something wrong.
That's not how this works at all. If you take offense to my actions despite my best intent, your pain is your own doing. There are players in this game who refuse to read the hydra as four separate people, and that's not under our control, that's under theirs. Adorable has refused to read or approach my posts made in good faith and has specifically approached others with a mindset that will result in a derogatory interpretation. I cannot change that or fix it, nor can I make her read and respond to the posts that I've made attempting to clarify the situation.

-Raven
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

Chronos
, you don't have to shit on my character to get me to answer your question.

I can't tell what your asking me through your walls of saying I'm acting morally superior when in reality I genuinely feel attacked by you.

Just ask the question. If your next reply to this head isn't simply:
"Question" - the end

I'm not replying. You can tunnel this slot until you gamethrow, I don't give a fuck.

I don't care if you think nobody will ever want to work with this head, I'm capable of gamesolving until I get a feel of this game without answering to you.

I planned to post about other things but I'll probably do it tomorrow when I'm not so busy with classwork.

Please give me space. This approach is not accomplishing anything with this head right now. If you're town, I want you to respect that, as I will respect that you need an answer from me to sort me and I will give one to you.

@Mod, do not worry about this post. :) I am an adult and I am speaking my truth, just let me know if I ever cross a boundary.

-Tai
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

well, that felt cathartic.

-Tai
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

This head thinks
Egix
is town, I think
Raven
head feels similar but for different reasoning.

Not vibing with your vote
EP
, what reasoning from
Chronos
resonated from you and any reasoning of your own?

Titus
, please acknowledge my existence, I've had a few posts directed to you.
<3

Also, I have 0 clue how you got a preflip associative on 2 people when
BP
- part of your team - has only posted once and hasn't had interaction with more than maybe 1-2 people?

Adorable
, why is this head voting multiple people scum-indicative? If you think we've all voted town at this point, look at our votes so far and tell us why you believe our vote is on town.

Eyestott
, I agree with the assessment that you've been present but not doing much at all. Why isn't this suspicious of you?

mastina
it's OK for you to pocket me, I got 3 heads to clock me in the face if I go overboard.

-Tai
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

BSG and Shadowlesscloud are being replaced for inactivity.
time will end
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 173, Adorable wrote:You scum reading me for playing different is a bad way to scum way a player. Scum hunting is more about figuring out a player's objective.
In post 172, mastina wrote:To put it another way;
My suspicion on Adorable isn't meta by itself.
My suspicion on Adorable is two-fold.

The first is the awkwardness of Adorable's posting--this is the stronger of the two reasons for scumreading Adorable, and is not specific to Adorable. Any player displaying the artificial tone Adorable has displayed would be a scumread of mine, even if I had never played with them before.

The second part is in the meta, of this
not
being my first game with Adorable, and in knowing that Adorable as town
isn't
awkward, isn't stilted, isn't artificial in tone. By having played with Adorable before, I know that her awkwardness isn't due to her being newbtown, because I've seen her as newbtown and lacking that awkwardness--and by doing a quick meta research, I was able to verify; my experience with Adorable matches every one of her prior games, whereas her play this game contrasts with those previous encounters.

Adorable this game is triggering multiple newbscum tells
that are utterly absent from previous games of hers where she was town.

So I legit just think that she got a rough first scumgame here where she isn't quite sure how to play as scum.
^Just gonna requote that.
In post 177, Adorable wrote:My play is pretty much same in every game
The thing is--it is. As town. It isn't, as scum. To wit,
In post 179, Adorable wrote: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81496
This is my only completed scum game I have.
Your play in this game actually looks a hell of a lot like your approach in that scumgame. You linked that in an attempt to clear your name but it actually is pretty damn condemning.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 208, alimdia wrote:I don't know what to think about you 'publically' saying why you wanted to play this game.
I mean--it's publicly verifiable that I didn't sign up for this game; I wasn't a prein and never /inned for it and these things can be found to be true so it's pretty publicly obvious that I'm not lying about that--
And it is also obvious that I am not lying about wanting to play the game, because...I mean. I didn't sign up for this game as per the above being publicly verifiable so if I didn't want to play in it, I'd have an easy out. The mod/listmod would go, "whoops, our bad" (they did anyway) and my slot would've been replaced pregame without being mine.
In post 208, alimdia wrote:Also, wtf is this?
In post 28, TemporalLich wrote:
mastina dances and howls in the moonlight.
My role. :P

I could of course claim what it is at any time, but it's day one--I feel like leaving it more unknown for now is prooooobably better. :P
In post 219, alimdia wrote:mastina, does this make u reconsider now that u know its not adorable's first game
No. Adorable having been scum once, with you (who, no offense, aren't exactly IC material; you're not exactly someone who'd be the best to teach her how to play scum), does not mean that suddenly, Adorable being scum isn't still newbscum. Adorable if she is scum as I suspect is absolutely still newbscum now. Not being her absolute first scumgame doesn't weaken my points; she's still someone who, as scum, doesn't know how to play, how to handle the role, what to do, etc.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 226, alimdia wrote:Adorable does look a bit frailing, and her defence has a bit of WIFOM in there, but there is quite a bit of scummy people on her wagon at this point.
Do tell.
In post 231, TemporalLich wrote:
VC 1.5Team STRQ (4) - Rabid Schnauzer, Chronos, Adorable, Titus
Adorable (3) - mastina, Team STRQ, eyestott
(titus switched off just prior to this vc)
...Because to me the wagon looking suspicious would be the one on Team STRQ.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 263, mastina wrote:
In post 226, alimdia wrote:Adorable does look a bit frailing, and her defence has a bit of WIFOM in there, but there is quite a bit of scummy people on her wagon at this point.
Do tell.
I townread everyone on the hydra's wagon. The hydra's posts at best are an incomprehensible mess.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 239, Team STRQ wrote:Remind my head why ep is scum?

-q
You should ask your hydra partner Raven as well - post 157
In post 243, Chronos wrote:Egix / STRQ / eyestott / mastina

Good slots to look into.
Why mastina?
In post 247, EspressoPatronum wrote:Liking alimdia's content on p9. Town read there.
thnx, sheep me.
Oh wait, you already did :lol:
Do tell.
I assume you mean the scummy people on wagon part? Because the wifom part should be pretty easy to see.
The people that was scummy yesterday was eyestott and Titus. I don't have a solid read on you because your post about the pre-in and what not seems really WIFOMing.
I understand that you didn't in etc, but you saying that seems to be saying that 'Hey look I'm town because of [non-game related reason]

I'd rather have an eyescott wagon going, but Egix wagon is good too
VOTE: Egix
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 227, Chronos wrote:
In post 223, alimdia wrote:Er Chronos your reasoning for Adorable being 'not wolf' is kinda off. Since it seems like its based off WIFOMing (kinda)
Fair game, it's all anecdotal anyway. Can't really help you with that, I just wanted it to be out there.

There are certainly other slots more worthy of lynching based on their actual content right now, so I'd rather wait in case Adorable is actually town that wanted to make a spectacular entrance and push.
In post 228, Chronos wrote:Ok, truth be told, I'm not that confident in my Adorable read and could be wrong, but I'd just not want them to die today so I have more time sorting them.
idk why but these sequence of posts kinda pings me :P

Hey look, I'm slightly throwing shade at my town read :eek:

Doesn't mean Adorable is off the hook though...
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 264, Titus wrote:The hydra's posts at best are an incomprehensible mess.
Nice! I think this might be the closest you've ever gotten to a day 1 townread on me Titus :3

-Q
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Adorable »

Do tell.
So you're suspicious of everyone on the STRQ wagon? You keep talking about me saying I am giving off newbscum vibes and I find this interesting you missed Egix post when he did a background search on me.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 259, Team STRQ wrote:
Adorable
, why is this head voting multiple people scum-indicative? If you think we've all voted town at this point, look at our votes so far and tell us why you believe our vote is on town.
I didn't like your vote on Chronos and on me because they lacked reasoning. I did not like how mastina did an omgus vote on me and you sheeped her on the omgus which looked off. The players you have voted so far I haven't gotten any scum vibes from them.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 259, Team STRQ wrote:Eyestott, I agree with the assessment that you've been present but not doing much at all. Why isn't this suspicious of you?
I promise, all will be answered before the end of the day, so do please bear with me. I have a plan. Do you think you have any idea what I'm trying to do, Tai (or anyone in STRQ, or really anyone in general)? This is a very important question to me. If you do, don't actually say, please. Just need some confirmation.
In the meantime, here is my favourite vineImage
Reads coming soon.
Team STRQ
Team STRQ
Goon
Team STRQ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Team STRQ »

In post 269, Adorable wrote:
In post 259, Team STRQ wrote:
Adorable
I didn't like your vote on Chronos and on me because they lacked reasoning. I did not like how mastina did an omgus vote on me and you sheeped her on the omgus which looked off. The players you have voted so far I haven't gotten any scum vibes from them.
Our vote on Chronos had solid reasoning. We've explained the reasons for it before. As far as I'm aware, mastina's vote on you was very much based on the reasoning I mentioned in my previous post about why your response to her was remarkably scummy in addition to her stated reason for voting you when she posted it.
You, on the other hand, hold several other players this game to a standard you don't hold yourself to and seem to be using this to push an advantage as scum.
Your vote on us this game was remarkably opportunistic and OMGUS-y.
Your memory this game has been ridiculously selective and you've managed to completely miss many posts this game that completely counter the points you're trying to make, and you seem to intend to maintain a facade of naivete so that other players will defend your hurt feelings. You seem to use the empathy other players appear to feel for you to your advantage to avoid getting pushed for your garbage play as scum.
You have repeatedly taken posts out of context and ignored other posts while asking questions like the ones above this one where you make an untrue implication and follow it up with statements (in the same paragraph) that are hardly related to the source material in attempts to make it appear like you have some form of argument when it is clear you do not. You seem to do this to take advantage of the fact that most players this game seem to be basing reads on their feelings, their guts, and their ability (or lack thereof) to skim.
There is no recognizable progression in your cognitive process, you often hide behind the fact that "you've asked questions," but most of these appear to be rhetorical in nature -- you're putting question marks on statements to appear as if you're not in the informed minority.
You have far too high a post count to have added nothing to the game other than your "hurt feelings" which you seem to be feigning to refute any attempt to actually communicate or approach you.
You have yet to provide any solid reasoning for any of your reads
Your two votes have been on two of the more competent town players this game by your own account, which makes them far less risky as far as associative tells - clearing someone you don't intend to or implicating someone you don't intend to - which is something I'd expect from newb scum
I see very little reason to town read you and I can't even attempt to try and take your stance to see where you're coming from as town, because you seem to intentionally fail to provide any relatable stance in the thread to begin with.
You seem to have a remarkable amount of confidence and I'd like you to realize that you're on pretty thin ice right now. If for some reason I'm wrong on you (and I very highly doubt this), I recommend attempting to approach the thread in a significantly more transparent manner, because as things are shaping up at the moment, you will be the end of day lynch.
In post 270, eyestott wrote:
In post 259, Team STRQ wrote:Eyestott, I agree with the assessment that you've been present but not doing much at all. Why isn't this suspicious of you?
I promise, all will be answered before the end of the day, so do please bear with me. I have a plan. Do you think you have any idea what I'm trying to do, Tai (or anyone in STRQ, or really anyone in general)? This is a very important question to me. If you do, don't actually say, please. Just need some confirmation.
In the meantime, here is my favourite vineImage
Reads coming soon.
I'm town reading you. ;)

-Raven.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by alimdia »

Why should I not reveal what I think you are doing?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by eyestott »

Because I'm asking you nicely? And giving the assurance that I'll reveal all soon enough. Though yes, there's a good chance that you'll have some idea what it is that I'm doing.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 241, Chronos wrote:I just gave reads on 5 other players, so no,
I am not tunneling.

Also, I accused EP of having overthought his opening, while you accused him of not wanting to stick their foot in.

Where’s the similarity?
In post 242, Chronos wrote:VOTE: Egix96

Takes every cell in my body to move to this
but it’s the more rational choice.

STRQ still scum but they’re not getting lynched, at least not today.
You're kidding yourself, surely.

And the similarity is in the being overly concerned part... as I said, the first clause.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”