Micro 930: Neon Mafia (Game over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Menalque »

I mean hopping on doesn’t necessarily have to be a vote — also, you did end up voting her?

And I already said that I think that’s a possibility in a town!you world, I’m just not seeing that yet
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 323, Menalque wrote:Like I don’t think anyone is liable to be open wolfing there so it’s like more confidence than I think you have the right to express in nom!scum

The second one is like idk, just seems weird. Like putting the focus on bad reasoning as the thing that makes nomx3 scummy when I think bad reasoning is just as likely to come from town as scum (or almost)
1) you’ve got this backwards. Can’t you see she is the one with the unwarranted confidence that I’m scum? She’s the one who initiated the 1v1 based on completely fabricated reasons. I honestly can’t see any reasonable Town player doing that and it feels like desperate scum.

2) again you’re missing the point. It’s not just the bad reasoning, it’s wanting to 1v1 based on her reasoning.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 325, Menalque wrote:I mean hopping on doesn’t necessarily have to be a vote — also, you did end up voting her?

And I already said that I think that’s a possibility in a town!you world, I’m just not seeing that yet
I voted her when she basically confirmed to me she’s scum.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 326, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 323, Menalque wrote:Like I don’t think anyone is liable to be open wolfing there so it’s like more confidence than I think you have the right to express in nom!scum

The second one is like idk, just seems weird. Like putting the focus on bad reasoning as the thing that makes nomx3 scummy when I think bad reasoning is just as likely to come from town as scum (or almost)
1) you’ve got this backwards. Can’t you see she is the one with the unwarranted confidence that I’m scum? She’s the one who initiated the 1v1 based on completely fabricated reasons. I honestly can’t see any reasonable Town player doing that and it feels like desperate scum.

2) again you’re missing the point. It’s not just the bad reasoning, it’s wanting to 1v1 based on her reasoning.
Imma bout to go to bed bc it’s fuckin late. Tell you what, I’ll check again tomorrow but that wasn’t the vibe I got tonight
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 327, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 325, Menalque wrote:I mean hopping on doesn’t necessarily have to be a vote — also, you did end up voting her?

This also feels obscenely overconfident in your scumread on her
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I’m only able to phone post this game so I can’t chuck quotes together too easily. Later when I have more time I’ll go over again why Nom is obvscum.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Menalque »

Which is another thing I don’t really remember having seen in town you before

Do need to check against your scum!meta tho
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 329, Menalque wrote:
In post 327, Luca Blight wrote:

This also feels obscenely overconfident in your scumread on her
I have a lot more reason to believe she’s scum. As I said I’m puzzled you can’t see it.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 330, Luca Blight wrote:I’m only able to phone post this game so I can’t chuck quotes together too easily. Later when I have more time I’ll go over again why Nom is obvscum.
Okay, I’ll await this

Meantime, vote stays and also goodnight!
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 127, Menalque wrote:hi aldus!
hi
In post 129, skitter30 wrote:
In post 117, Menalque wrote:
In post 111, skitter30 wrote:also you feel p weird here
Y
the whole l-1 lolhammer thing was not great
i've never seen that from you before
you're being more like ~cavalier~ than i'm used to. like not caring about consequences as much i guess. and doing a l-1 just to see if a lolhammer will happen or not is kinda meh
menalque was pretty cavalier in micro 900 where we were town together
In post 187, Captain the Furret wrote:This game kind of sucks tbh
what makes you say this?
In post 209, Quagsire wrote:showing bravado seems more like a town trait than a scum trait if you ask me, but it's possible scum could fake that. do you think scum menalque is capable of faking that bravado?
question wasn't directed at me but i'm gonna answer anyway: menalque just has bravado. there's no need to fake it regardless of alignment

also it doesn't even take that much bravado to put someone at L-1 at this stage so there's that too
In post 233, nomnomnom wrote:I'm suspicious of people who give townreads left and right because that's generally ultra scummy especially without much rationale behind it, especially in the context of micros where there is a lot more emphasis of finding other townies rather than minis and larges
i'm not following this logic. what's scummy about giving lots of townreads?

I'm on page 11 and nomnomnom looks like lynchbait

@Luca: Explain how nomnomnom is "open wolfing"?
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Quagsire »

In post 220, Menalque wrote:Have we played together a lot quagsire?
we may have played together once or twice
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Quagsire »

In post 217, nomnomnom wrote:I've only seen his play through modding C9++ so no direct experience
He was scum that game and if memory serves well he opened pretty seriously, at least I don't remember him doing anything extravagant, probably would have not forgotten it otherwise
Also I'm sheeping Furret's push because I want his reactions
hmm ok. i think i kinda see nom's push there from a town perspective, even if the logic is bad. like i can see why a townie might be thrown off by that kind of entrance, especially considering that iconeum isn't even in this game. i don't think scum would really pay it much mind.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 282, Menalque wrote:Aldus is suspiciously quiet and I kind of didn’t like his tone
i'm quiet cuz i'm visiting my grandfather and i haven't had as much time to post as i thought i would
In post 294, Captain the Furret wrote:
In post 238, Luca Blight wrote:You’re openwolfing. Town!Nom would not want to 1v1 someone over this lol
I definitely do think there is scum involved in the 1v1 assuming ur town
so you're saying if luca = town then nom = scum? why?

anyway right now i'm at weak town reads on menalque and skitter
medium town read on nom

I want to scumread luca but after misreading him in micro 900 i'm afraid to do so again
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by Quagsire »

In post 243, Luca Blight wrote:When I say Town!Nom in that sense I kind of mean any reasonable player (which I believe you are).

No reasonable town player would want to 1v1 me based on your reasoning.
why would a reasonable scum player want to get involved in a 1v1 instead of trying to deflect the conflict elsewhere?
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by Quagsire »

In post 252, Looker wrote:Payback's a VOTE: nomnomnom

S {Quag | Heaven/Nom | Aldus/Skitter/Menal | Captain/Luca}T
you have me as your strongest scum read yet you vote for noms? explain that for me
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

- asks why I’m not voting her. I answer her but she doesn’t pay any mind to my explanation, and assumes a scummy motive anyway. This shows that the only reason she asked this question was to put herself in a position to hop on my wagon - nothing I answered would have made a difference to this. The timing is also scummy - she was riding on the Menalque train until it was no longer convenient (her reasoning being shot down and herself becoming suspected) so she’s left under pressure with nowhere to go, hence her desperate attempt to throw shit at me which is coming up. Her sudden positioning of ‘you’re scum for not voting me’ is also at odds with her earlier AtE of ‘why does everyone scumread me and think my arguments are bad’.

- misreps my play by saying I’ve been giving townreads left and right, which is far from the case. Even when I correct her by saying I’ve only given two TR’s she still tries to exaggerate it by saying three, which is apparently nearly half the playerlist. See how much she is reaching already? She also has no interest in actually ascertaining why I have those tr’s, she’s only intrerested in using it as a stick to beat me with.

- now she wants to 1v1 me, which is the first sign to me that she’s openwolfing. I can’t imagine Town thinking ‘hmm, they have a couple or tr’s and didn’t immediately vote their scumread, time to deathtunnel’. It feels entirely survivalistic on her part that she’s ready to 1v1 based on this reasoning when some players have barely posted.

- err you DID coast on the Menalque wagon until you got called out on it. She’s also now activating the same trap she set Menalque earlier - Saying I’m scum for not voting her, so that when I do vote her she can say ‘look! He voted me!’. Just because I didn’t feel like voting you then doesn’t mean I’m obliged to hold that position in light of new evidence.

- here she is just lying. She says I’m backing down by saying my townreads are light, even though that was evident in the post in question. She then says I’m backing down for saying my Skitter comment wasn’t a read, which clearly it wasn’t. She’s just taking everything I say and making out I’m scum for it, even when it’s clear just by reading the thread that she’s wrong. How is this not desperate scum?

Her play is also full of AtE, which both Skitter and Looker have said characterizes her scum play.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 338, Quagsire wrote:
In post 243, Luca Blight wrote:When I say Town!Nom in that sense I kind of mean any reasonable player (which I believe you are).

why would a reasonable scum player want to get involved in a 1v1 instead of trying to deflect the conflict elsewhere?
Out of desperation/frustration due to having nowhere to go.
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Quagsire »

nomnomnom (3): Heaven, Luca Blight, Looker
ugh this wagon gives me some bad feels

wasn't really impressed with luca's 208. i feel like if he actually believed in his read on noms he'd have voted there to try and start a wagon. instead he waited until noms pointed out that he hadn't.

looker's vote on noms feels more like it's driven by personal shit instead of actual reasons why they think noms is scum. regardless of looker's alignment, it's a bad vote (although i don't think it says much wrt looker's alignment)

tentative VOTE: luca blight because i'm interested to see where this wagon goes.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

That’s L-1
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I didn’t need to start a wagon, Nom already had two votes at that point
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Post by Quagsire »

In post 324, Luca Blight wrote:I actually didn’t hop on her though? Which is ironically a stick she’s using to attack me. I pointed out things I didn’t like and was waiting to get a read on everyone before committing to a vote.

Why is it hard to believe that I could genuinely see her as scummy, as opposed to being opportunistic scum?
you didn't wait until you had a read on everyone though, you voted directly after it was pointed out that you hadn't voted there.

pedit: didn't realize that was l-1 whoops
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

No I didn’t, read back. I voted her after her push on me, which increased my SR due to her reaching.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Why not unvote if you’re being tentative?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Luca, do you think nom thinks she could reasonably win a 1v1 with you, and that that would be preferable to trying to avoid suspicion some other way?

How sure are you that nom is scum? You're very confident in the read considering how early (at least, to me) in the game we are.
Quagsire
Quagsire
Goon
Quagsire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by Quagsire »

In post 341, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 338, Quagsire wrote:

Out of desperation/frustration due to having nowhere to go.
so because noms is frustrated by your push, scum motivated response is to basically say "come at me bro?" that's the kind of bravado i'm not sure i'd see coming from scum noms. it generally doesn't feel scum motivated.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”