Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Hello, this is my first non newbie game.

I'm going to go ahead and VOTE: Aloratom[/vpte]

That's what you get for calling me bad in the last game we played together in >:(

So are there any established strategies for this setup or what do we do? I can already think of 1 potential strategy giving it a quick glance but I wanted to ask those more experienced what they thought.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:27 pm

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: Aloratom I guess I can't spell.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 13, ejjinami wrote:
In post 9, DkKoba wrote: So are there any established strategies for this setup or what do we do? I can already think of 1 potential strategy giving it a quick glance but I wanted to ask those more experienced what they thought.
Pfffft, I love how this seems both humble and arrogant at the same time xD
If you have any ideas, just say them
reading through role PMs, we should all hypo as hider with a target, or just have real hider claim sometime d1 and lead.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 47, Battle Mage wrote:Well...having read some of ejjinami's old games....I stand corrected. If anything, this is slightly more mellow and chilled out than normal. :lol:

Although I couldn't see any games with you as scum to really test the theory - any suggestions?

Unvote: ejjinami

Let's try
Vote: Dkkoba

I'm not convinced by "Hello, this is my first non-newbie game". It reads a bit like "please don't lynch me, I'm new".

Furthermore, I can see this isn't your first non-newbie game. Why lie? :eek:
Subbing in and merely sitting there and making sure I don't become lynchbait doesn't really count to me ;)
My scum game is much more elaborate and more depends on me trusting my partner with the game as my goal is to sniff out PR in most cases.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 45, Tet wrote:Mmk so while hypo is a nice idea it's not necessary. Best chance for town is mathdinos strat in 487.

-hider claims late d1 without dropping reads/does not claim who they are hiding behind.

-tracker/vig chooses tracker and tracks hider.

-det/psych holds claim till late game if at all possible

This changes if tracker/vig is going to be lynched d1. In that case they take vig and shoot the scummiest target, hider moves freely.
This is the natural conclusion I met. I have a scum strategy that would help scum in terms of mechs but I'd rather keep that to myself. I'll share my thoughts on strategy later, as it is one of my strong suits in open setups.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 57, happyorange wrote:People should stop talking about roles, it doesn't benefit village and gives the werewolves more information than they deserve about who is or isn't what role. If you feel the need to discuss the setup, do so in a way that doesn't spew you as not X role. Hider outing is a terrible idea, optimal play for hider is to hide behind their strongest townread each night unless that player is vulnerable to a nightkill and if hider outs then it becomes very simple to narrow down who they are going to visit at night. Vigilante is also a lot more power for town than tracker, and the vigilante should be shooting the counterwagon each night, so as long as the vigilante is doing their job there should never be any real risk of the vigilante inadvertently hitting the hider. Detective/psychologist is going to have false positives with a vigilante around but that should never be a serious issue when claims happen, as long as they are sensible and don't out on day 2 or day 3 if they happen to get an early result.
How much experience do you have with open setups and strategy?

I have played on Epicamafia for the past 4 years and they exclusively use open setups on there thus having a preset strategy/strategy set for each setup is common.

I would like to hear your logic behind this.

I think the "it'll give mafia info" is bullshit. setup strategy spec is important to hash out early on as to optimize what we can do mechanically. I think I'm going to also park my vote onto you until you give me a satisfactory answer that makes me feel like you're not just trying to mislead town to do suboptimal things VOTE: happyorange
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 65, Aloratom wrote:
In post 58, DkKoba wrote:How much experience do you have with open setups and strategy?

I have played on Epicamafia for the past 4 years and they exclusively use open setups on there thus having a preset strategy/strategy set for each setup is common.
What do you think of Tet's strategy?
I vibe with it, although it can use an optimization
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:28 am

Post by DkKoba »

Playing chat mafia for as long as I have, people who are marked as clears who lead almost always claim early, and that is the meta I have been accustomed to as it has worked well there. It's been discussed before on there, and its been agreed upon that letting town waste time pressuring someone who is going to be outted as clear is time wasted that could have been used to pressure a mafia.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 78, Battle Mage wrote:Madoka, why do you think Orange is suspicious for arguing something so obviously wrong, and anti-town, when it was already pretty clear the consensus was against him?

I'm not convinced yet Orange would stick his neck out like that for no reason if he was scum, much more likely to fade into background agreeing with majority.

Not going to elaborate on Hiraki read yet, as still possible he/she will give off some tells. But wanted to reflect initial view, largely as a reminder for me later.
If something speaks like scum, then it probably is scum. From my experience at least. I implore people to put pressure on orange and make them explain themselves. I am personally not satisfied with their logic as all it does it help setup mafia and invalidate PRs
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

Votes orange even harder
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 82, Battle Mage wrote:dkkoba, you're not wrong about the logic, obviously. You might be right about orange, but I'm not convinced for the moment. I think the idea that putting pressure on orange to "explain themselves" is a fools errand - clearly orange can't explain it satisfactorily, so you're setting him up to fail.

I'm keeping my vote on you for now. Not buying the aggression and over-confidence in your read. :cop:
I'm half pressed to just vote you because you don't have an avi. Being aggressive and confident are traits of good players. I suggest you stand down unless you want me to hyperfocus you for your unwarranted shade.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

townread me and you're immune from a deathtunnel from me today xoxo
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 87, DrDolittle wrote:i townread you dkkoba
wise choice my friend
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

the tracker doesn't go on the hider in order to confirm the hider ya dunce
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 100, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 85, Madoka wrote:
In post 78, Battle Mage wrote:Madoka, why do you think Orange is suspicious for arguing something so obviously wrong, and anti-town, when it was already pretty clear the consensus was against him?
I don't agree that it's obvious to everyone that it's anti-town. I also think it's risk-reward is worth it. The advantage of not having town play to the optimal strategy of and getting the TV to choose Vig is worth potentially being cast in a bad light, especially because Orange is clearly confident in their ability to argue against the strategy. (I openly guide town into following a bad strategy myself as scum).
You might be right - my sense is that he joined the party too late for it to be very likely he could turn the tide on that, so still feels pretty bold to me (but possible he could just be scum).

However, based on higher likelihood of dkkoba scum, something to come back to later.
Hey bud, you gonna shade me for good reason or are you just going to be a coward and FoS me based on my confidence in my play?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 97, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 45, Tet wrote:Mmk so while hypo is a nice idea it's not necessary. Best chance for town is mathdinos strat in 487.

-hider claims late d1 without dropping reads/does not claim who they are hiding behind.

-tracker/vig chooses tracker and tracks hider.

-det/psych holds claim till late game if at all possible

This changes if tracker/vig is going to be lynched d1. In that case they take vig and shoot the scummiest target, hider moves freely.
Agree with DK. Tracking hider is a waste. Otherwise sounds reasopnable.
I think you misspoke here. Care to elaborate?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (isolation #16) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:02 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 125, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 122, Allomancer wrote:I don't like the Battle Mage vs DkKoba conflict. Both feel like egotistical players not willing to back down from a challenge. Either could be scum or town from what I've seen. I really don't understand battle mage's argument that because dkkoba said he's new but is also aggressive that means he's scum, though.
That wasn't my argument. The argument is basically:

Dkkoba very aggressive/emotional language and very confident about reads.
Dkkoba has little reason to be that confident in reads, so I'm not convinced it's legit.
The fact Dkkoba started the game passive and became aggressive very quickly is also odd. Although that could be a personality trait perhaps.

Does it mean he's
definitely
scum? Of course not, but at this stage it's a good enough reason for a vote.

I think there's some merit to the suggestion that Allomancer has been pretty non-committal so far, and playing very safe.

Allomancer, care to share some early insights? :cop:

And I echo post 118 - Hiraki, what are you talking about? :lol:
Before i think about replying imma point out my pronoun is right there under my avi, not hard to see.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (isolation #17) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:25 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 127, Aloratom wrote:In my experience with DkKoba, this is normal for them so I don't have a scum read there.

I don't understand the Allomancer wagon. 72offsuit, why do you go after It for "all information, no reads" when that's pretty much what everyone had been doing to that point? And Dolittle slides a vote in on Allomancer too without even a how ya doin'.
In post 128, Allomancer wrote:
In post 125, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 122, Allomancer wrote:I don't like the Battle Mage vs DkKoba conflict. Both feel like egotistical players not willing to back down from a challenge. Either could be scum or town from what I've seen. I really don't understand battle mage's argument that because dkkoba said he's new but is also aggressive that means he's scum, though.
That wasn't my argument. The argument is basically:

Dkkoba very aggressive/emotional language and very confident about reads.
Dkkoba has little reason to be that confident in reads, so I'm not convinced it's legit.
The fact Dkkoba started the game passive and became aggressive very quickly is also odd. Although that could be a personality trait perhaps.

Does it mean he's
definitely
scum? Of course not, but at this stage it's a good enough reason for a vote.

I think there's some merit to the suggestion that Allomancer has been pretty non-committal so far, and playing very safe.

Allomancer, care to share some early insights? :cop:
I feel like the fact that Dkkoba is new makes it more likely he's confident, because new players could easily be overconfident. I know I was when I joined this site.

As for why I was setup speccing, it's because it was early in the game and I didn't have any reads yet.
I'm confident bc I have 4 years of mafia experience, not bc I'm new.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:36 am

Post by DkKoba »

orange frozen
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

I unironically think orange is scum here btw.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'm their partner and I'm hardbussing them please lynch them.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:12 am

Post by DkKoba »

battle mage what do you think about me claiming mafia with orange and that I'm bussing them.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #22) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 181, Allomancer wrote:I really don't see any town reasoning behind Dkkoba's recent posts.
VOTE: DkKoba
ok noob
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

how orange isn't talking right now...
is a little concerning.

drdolittle should talk more too.
ejjinami being the only one pushing orange with me makes me want to switch off now.
rereading, I think I'll put allo at L-2.

VOTE: allomancer
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

allo wanna explain why you're defending orange so hard btw?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 204, Allomancer wrote:
In post 198, DkKoba wrote:allo wanna explain why you're defending orange so hard btw?
I wouldn't call one post questioning a reason for scumreading him "defending so hard".
considering you're attempting to counterwagon onto me, yeah, I'd say that's a hardcore defense.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

My pronouns are they/them, I've said it multiple times before, please respect it :)
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

scum -> town list

orange, allo, Tet, ejj, ico, alo, battle mage, looker, drdolittle, hiraki, madoka, 72, me

no i will not be accepting criticism.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i don't know....
doesn't look like my SRs want to ellaborate
eventually we have to do something??
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 223, happyorange wrote:This whole game is a soup of ??? but at this rate I'll probably end up voting hiraki at the end of the day, don't know if their weird attempts to gaslight mage by calling them an idiot then insisting they aren't being rude by doing so actually make them a wolf given the way people seem to be behaving in general in this game, but I can see a world where they're going the discredit etc route as a wolf either because they want to make it easier to mislynch mage or because they want to dumpster mage's thread standing. Don't see any reason for them to do it as village other than out of simple mean spiritedness. Don't really know what my read on mage is, think I'd probably be townreading them if it weren't for the peformative way they've been engaging with people. Don't know if they're consciously presenting themselves in a performative manner or if I'm just perceiving their personality that way, or something else.
you seem to be misisng a lot of train of thought to get to this point which makes me further believe you are being coached in scum PT. you haven't really responded at all to me and now you're on the defense for mage. as I've seen people actually start to vote for you I'm going to now follow
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: orange
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 261, Battle Mage wrote:Something obviously not right with the Orange wagon. Came a bit out of nowhere, given he was considered very suspicious early on, then it sort of died down, and now since I made the compelling case against Hiraki-scum, and Allomancer teetered on the brink, the orange-wagon got a second wind (with the most suspicious players moving over).

Does that mean Orange is town? Seems unlikely his buddies would bus him for no reason, so gut says still likely to be town.

Which means I won't be joining the wagon, and worth noting Dkkoba-scum dutifully following the lead of his boss Hiraki-scum. Hiraki, naturally, giving no reason for his vote.

:cop:
I'm just going to put it as nicely as possible, but your reading skills are not good here. I think you are town, just that you are playing badly.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 263, Hiraki wrote:There's a term for that DkKoba!
I'm being nice ok!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I'm going to be active now since a game I'm hosting on a different site is approaching hammer time so I want to be there to flip it ~~ lets talk
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (isolation #34) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 269, DrDolittle wrote:I'm not interested in voting orange.
why
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #35) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 271, DkKoba wrote:
why
In post 273, DrDolittle wrote:Just because I'm not responding to your branches doesn't mean I'm scum madoka
In post 274, Madoka wrote:That's not why I think you're scum. I can't follow your thoughts and you're just posting fluff.
hello DDL can you respond
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (isolation #36) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 277, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 57, happyorange wrote:People should stop talking about roles, it doesn't benefit village and gives the werewolves more information than they deserve about who is or isn't what role. If you feel the need to discuss the setup, do so in a way that doesn't spew you as not X role. Hider outing is a terrible idea, optimal play for hider is to hide behind their strongest townread each night unless that player is vulnerable to a nightkill and if hider outs then it becomes very simple to narrow down who they are going to visit at night. Vigilante is also a lot more power for town than tracker, and the vigilante should be shooting the counterwagon each night, so as long as the vigilante is doing their job there should never be any real risk of the vigilante inadvertently hitting the hider. Detective/psychologist is going to have false positives with a vigilante around but that should never be a serious issue when claims happen, as long as they are sensible and don't out on day 2 or day 3 if they happen to get an early result.
In post 223, happyorange wrote:This whole game is a soup of ??? but at this rate I'll probably end up voting hiraki at the end of the day, don't know if their weird attempts to gaslight mage by calling them an idiot then insisting they aren't being rude by doing so actually make them a wolf given the way people seem to be behaving in general in this game, but I can see a world where they're going the discredit etc route as a wolf either because they want to make it easier to mislynch mage or because they want to dumpster mage's thread standing. Don't see any reason for them to do it as village other than out of simple mean spiritedness. Don't really know what my read on mage is, think I'd probably be townreading them if it weren't for the peformative way they've been engaging with people. Don't know if they're consciously presenting themselves in a performative manner or if I'm just perceiving their personality that way, or something else.
These are town posts
more like they're a whole bunch of nothing. What about orange freezing up and refusing to respond to pressure on them? Like I said, they're playing very frozen.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Also I have a surprise read I may reveal sometime tonight, I just want to let some more of this discussion play out before i do
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #38) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok should I do it now
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (isolation #39) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I'm going to literally burst soon, I need people here to interact with now. I'm bored af
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #40) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok I've had enough. deadline is 40% over and I think it's time
I hardclaim hider

Hiraki you wont need to fight for it with a clear on your side.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #296 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 293, Hiraki wrote:
In post 291, DkKoba wrote:Hiraki you wont need to fight for it with a clear on your side.
Actually, yes I will? This isn't epicmafia bub.
not sure what this was supposed to mean but works just the same as it does in EM, just different vote mechanics lmao. if the table wants to strongarm a vote, thats on them!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

anyways would be nice to see what battle mage has to say
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

orange who do you think is scummy right now
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #44) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 320, Tet wrote:
In post 318, Battle Mage wrote:This is a remarkably safe post - if you were short on time, it would probably have been quicker to say what you thought, rather than go to the effort of talking around it. Tet-Hiraki scumpair could work, but would require Orange to be town.
Just saying I think Hiraki is scum doesn't get me to my end goal of identifying town unfortunately. And in a game where many slots are making a case for why they should be lynched instead of projecting that they are in fact town, it's important to find a distinction. Or at least separate slots that are doing so because they are simply scum from the ones that are doing so intentionally. The latter likely being town.
This line comes off as a whole lot of nonsense.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #45) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 328, Battle Mage wrote:Tet - I'd vote you for being so opaque if I hadn't already found scum for today! :wink:
Who is scum?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #46) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:03 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 334, Tet wrote:
In post 329, DkKoba wrote:
In post 320, Tet wrote:
In post 318, Battle Mage wrote:This is a remarkably safe post - if you were short on time, it would probably have been quicker to say what you thought, rather than go to the effort of talking around it. Tet-Hiraki scumpair could work, but would require Orange to be town.
Just saying I think Hiraki is scum doesn't get me to my end goal of identifying town unfortunately. And in a game where many slots are making a case for why they should be lynched instead of projecting that they are in fact town, it's important to find a distinction. Or at least separate slots that are doing so because they are simply scum from the ones that are doing so intentionally. The latter likely being town.
This line comes off as a whole lot of nonsense.
In what way? Or do you really mean it doesn't seem genuine?
it seems genuinely scummy
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 339, Aloratom wrote:Is there any merit to suggesting that the hider not give out reads? From my way of looking at it, it just narrows down the field for the mafia to target for a double kill.
If I go on my scumread, it eliminates a scummy player so I don't think it's too bad. But I'm going to go more hands off rn to let others lead now. I just wanted to let people push on me and let them explain themselves why and then drop it on them that I'm clear so that they stop wasting time if they are town, and can be crossexamined to determine if they were scum pushing it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 345, Almost50 wrote:@Tet: Quack??

@Looker: I stand corrected. So te only game we had together was Menalque's Favourite Places?

@DkK: Please drop any other site's meta. On MafiaScum even a mod-confirmed Innocent Child doesn't necessarily have good reads (and rightfully so). Note: This does NOT mean I SR Hiraki. I am just saying your guess is as good as any regarding who is whom, and especially so in D1. ;)
Open setups are open setups, sorry bud but that's a no. Also that 2nd sentence you wrote to me comes off as you just bullshitting and saying a bunch of nothing. What's your point in trying to explain that a clear can have bad reads? Have you been reading the game and concluded that I have not contributed anything positive or meaningful, or are you just scum bullshitting so you can discredit me as a PR?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 252, Almost50 wrote:
In post 250, Battle Mage wrote:Not enough people voting for Hiraki here... Would be great if people could explain why, making reference to my watertight case against him!
I'll read and see if I buy the case
did you end up reading?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (isolation #50) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 349, Almost50 wrote:
In post 348, DkKoba wrote:
In post 252, Almost50 wrote:
In post 250, Battle Mage wrote:Not enough people voting for Hiraki here... Would be great if people could explain why, making reference to my watertight case against him!
I'll read and see if I buy the case
did you end up reading?
In post 345, Almost50 wrote:Note: This does NOT mean I SR Hiraki.
Now tell who's not reading (or rather is not
comprehending
what they read).
the vast majority of your posts are filler content so excuse you. Start actually participating, your active lurking is telling. You only said that in a sentence not related to that post and are just now linking it to that as a "gotcha".
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (isolation #51) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I'm going to hate on nooby playstyles that are just meant as masks for people's scumplay
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #52) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 355, Hiraki wrote:I don't think you have the authority to call anyone out for a nooby playstyle.
Why is that kiddo?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (isolation #53) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Either you point out something I've done that is legitimately "nooby" this game or you can drop it and go back to actually playing, I have no patience for players who think they know better at a social deduction game because they joined forum site at an earlier date.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #54) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if you don't vote then your fos's mean jack shit to me
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (isolation #55) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 374, Iconeum wrote:@dkkoba, how are you townreading mage?
That was an old read, I'm keeping reads to myself now. now you can hop out my pocket <3
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

I didn't out prematurely. The deadline was 40% done and the discussion was not going in a productive direction(i.e. too focused on me who would be confirmed clear).
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

my only solid tr right now is 72
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (isolation #58) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:06 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 499, DrDolittle wrote:yall be scumreading me you should vote me
idk about yall but .. i really like this post for some reason. I just really do, and I don't see myself lynching DDL today.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (isolation #59) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:07 am

Post by DkKoba »

i still don't trust the rest of yall, the play is sloppy today.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (isolation #60) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:08 am

Post by DkKoba »

hiraki why is 72 not town, why are you shading my strongest TR?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (isolation #61) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:09 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 527, Madoka wrote:
In post 520, DkKoba wrote:
In post 499, DrDolittle wrote:yall be scumreading me you should vote me
idk about yall but .. i really like this post for some reason. I just really do, and I don't see myself lynching DDL today.
I don't know what you mean by for some reason, the reason is apparent. It displays a lack of self-preservation. This is well within his scum range. Here's a post from one of his scum games with a similar tone (the bolded):
DrDolittle wrote:
In post 444, gobbledygook wrote:Can we please just kill DDL and take night as a breather
In post 446, gobbledygook wrote:You’re literally not lynching me and I’ve demonstrated more than enough that I’m town. The fact that you are ok voting for me when DDL has done cluckall the entire game is positive scum equity.
this is slimy af. there's more than 10 days left, and gobbles wants to end the day + I mentioned that I'm not 100 percent available. I'm almost sure gobles is scum this game, and its absurd he's not getting pressure.

in particular look for people who suggest goobles is scum but is not voting there when I flip green.
While we're at it, I'll show a couple of other posts that people might take as town indicative but are within his scum range:

Spoiler: Basing a read off meta
In post 306, DrDolittle wrote:yeah I was updating my pool.
another update:
I think my strongest scumread other than 72 is looker because tonally different from
viewtopic.php?t=81747&f=84&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
DrDolittle wrote:check out town goobles here
viewtopic.php?t=80894&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
and tell me this is the same bird

Spoiler: Random town read on a scummy player
DrDolittle wrote:I'm not interested in voting for slimer

(definitely indicates town!Orange if scum!ddl)
ok i take it back. its NAI then. back in the scumpool he goes
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (isolation #62) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

also im gay
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (isolation #63) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if orange doesn't flip scum, I'll self delete.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

do you tr orange, madoka?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

we're approaching deadline. I personally want orange, if they claim PR , then go on DrDolittle. I start a 2nd job today so I'm proabably going to be limited access but from my brief reskim that's my conclusion, and my vote will stay on orange. I may or may not be back b4 hammer.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #781 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

i'm about to flash wagon you DDL. why won't you vote orange?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #782 (isolation #67) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

also i don't see orange giving any reads on other players, only continuing their defensiveness as far as I see. My brain is fried so maybe I missed it but i'll reread
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (isolation #68) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

oh, then actual flashwagon on DDL
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (isolation #69) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

UNVOTE:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (isolation #70) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

actually let me reread
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:54 am

Post by DkKoba »

we're not lynching 72, they're my hardest TR, I don't see what u read as scum at all in them
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #801 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

listen I was tired. also damn, I assumed scum had daytalk. that MAY change my reads a little but overall I still want DDL lynched.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 800, happyorange wrote:Eh, never playing another game here imo. Don't think I've been in many places more toxic and completely absent of any sense of empathy or the desire to understand and appreciate others. Makes me feel very grateful for what I have here at home. Pretty glad to be on the way out in this game.
this isn't even toxic, people are just pushing you to read the room and make good decisions. it's a learning process. don't whine and just play
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #803 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: DDL
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:52 am

Post by DkKoba »

hiraki stop throwing a fit
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 834, Battle Mage wrote:
unvote, vote: DDL

I'll catch up in the morning. no lynching in the meantime please.
suddenly unvoting DDL? when the wagon on him becomes serious?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 819, Madoka wrote:Looker did you miss that Orange claimed psychologist?
it wasn't a very obvious claim, I also ended up missing it in iso
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 854, happyorange wrote:?

I assume Looker is trying to get away with pretending to counterclaim without actually doing so hoping village plays along before they have to say anything? Not very interested in a 72 lynch anymore regardless.

Vote: Looker
if u get cc'd you're getting lynched i hope u know that
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (isolation #79) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I want battle mage today

i see hiraki desperately trying to shade one of my harder townreads after them doing fuck all on d1(they have a lot of what looks like contribution, but on reread its all garbage.)

i'm not lynching: orange(unless cc'd by one of my TRs), looker, ico, madoka, or 72 today.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (isolation #80) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

deadline is soon please consolidate
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (isolation #81) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hold up i might be having an epiphany
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (isolation #82) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok
so
the epiphany was that ico is scum, and I read what madoka presented, and I'm giving them benefit of their logic to push on ico. I hate that I have no real solid reads but once roles start flipping it'll get easier to solve and we have a lot of content to work off of today.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (isolation #83) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: Iconeium
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #897 (isolation #84) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ive been reading mainly tone and madoka's jumps out as towny to me in recent posts.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #947 (isolation #85) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

UNVOTE:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #948 (isolation #86) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

i expect a better wagon once i get home from work in 7 hours.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (isolation #87) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:22 am

Post by DkKoba »

VOTE: ddl
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (isolation #88) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'm keeping my conf town to myself for now.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (isolation #89) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

(I actually forgot who I submitted lole)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (isolation #90) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

I didn't check one of my scumreads btw, I checked one of my null reads
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (isolation #91) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:46 am

Post by DkKoba »

Ok i will give you all a hint. Its not BM. VOTE: battle mage
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1043 (isolation #92) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1025, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1018, DkKoba wrote:Ok i will give you all a hint. Its not BM. VOTE: battle mage
HA! Don't be a sourpuss. You mislynched DDL yesterday, would be useful if you could play for the good guys today. :wink:
you want to know WHY i hammered DDL?

at best they were scum who was about to weakly claim a pr role as soon as someone declared intent

at worst they were a VT who wasn't going to be much help.

I already had a hard read on them that they weren't PR.

It was about protecting tracker at that point.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (isolation #93) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

looker u know what i think? possible scum theater
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (isolation #94) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:33 am

Post by DkKoba »

RC?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (isolation #95) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:49 am

Post by DkKoba »

battlemage your tone gives off the air of having more info than you should have.

your general vibe has felt off all game.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (isolation #96) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by DkKoba »

and now you're softing tracking all of a sudden?
this is why im keeping who I viisted now. So mafia CANNOT fish tracker.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (isolation #97) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by DkKoba »

UNVOTE: I would like to request to hammer any vote today. I will reveal who i cleared last night before i hammer.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (isolation #98) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1059, Tet wrote:
In post 1056, DkKoba wrote:UNVOTE: I would like to request to hammer any vote today. I will reveal who i cleared last night before i hammer.
You don't have to. Clears come out when tracker or hider dies. Crumb if you have to or whatever.

Don't out just to shut battle mage up, scum don't know the clear either and increases the likelihood the shoot outside of the clears in the night. Make them work for it.
oh I'm aware of this. the issue is that I actually ... kinda tracker read my clear atm so i want to hide them rn. I do want to make sure that tracker is uncc'able.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (isolation #99) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by DkKoba »

battle mage theres only room for 1 ego player here and I'm clear so bugger off. especially considering you have had terrible mechanical analysis.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (isolation #100) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

hmm
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1572 (isolation #101) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ico was obv scum how tf was he not lynched.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (isolation #102) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

and amazing that obvious town from d1 gets lynched lmao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (isolation #103) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1571, 72offsuit wrote:im just really bumbed DK didnt hide behind me after the allom night kill.
They TR me, and i was never going to be the night kill given it looked like i was diverting the allom lynch
u were locktown to me and i wanted to go on one of my lighter TRs.

the townblock I wanted to form was fairly important to my game, but I got cucked by the madoka thing. had BM not had an awful reaction to him accidentally hammering allo I would have hid behind him as well.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (isolation #104) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1575, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1574, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1571, 72offsuit wrote:im just really bumbed DK didnt hide behind me after the allom night kill.
They TR me, and i was never going to be the night kill given it looked like i was diverting the allom lynch
u were locktown to me and i wanted to go on one of my lighter TRs.

the townblock I wanted to form was fairly important to my game, but I got cucked by the madoka thing. had BM not had an awful reaction to him accidentally hammering allo I would have hid behind him as well.
clearing me would probably have been helpful. although would have been risky, as Madoka kept saying I was the tracker for reasons.
maybe if allo didn't flip scum and u didnt seem apologetic for accidentally hammering him i would have been on you 100%
retired

Return to “Completed Open Games”