Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 371, Ramcius wrote:
In post 370, Battle Mage wrote:
Ramcius wrote:
In post 367, PJ. wrote:Bm doing the lord's work. I'm in on all those lunches after we lynch cena
Why Cena is scum?

Also, BM isn't doing lord's work, didn't his argument about Dre complaining about being mislynched often instead of saying lynched pinged you? Cause it sure did pinged me
It did pinged you? :lol:

Looking forward to hearing this explanation! (from you Ramcius, not Panzerjager by the way) :cop:
What's wrong with saying that you're being mislynched for certain behavior? We aren't talking about ongoing game, where outcome isn't clear and saying "mislynch" instead of "lynch" is pretty hard slip, but about past games, where alignment is already known
You've sort of got it. There's an argument that saying "lynched" would be ambiguous on alignment, and provoke questions. Using the word "mislynch" to emphasise that lynching him is a mistake (when, as far as his point went, as you note, it didn't matter whether he was town or scum in those old games) is a bit overly cautious, and in my view could be a scum indicator for him.

It's really not the biggest thing to latch onto, so I'm still not clear why that did ping you, out of everything else here?
In post 372, gobbledygook wrote:BM, why is the word mislynch a potential slip for Drew? A lynch on scum isn’t a mislynch. A lynch on town is a mislynch though
It's not a slip, I was suggesting the opposite - it's someone using language carefully, not natural perhaps. It's far from a robust argument, but it rings more scummy than town to me in this case. :cop:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:45 am

Post by gobbledygook »

BM I think what you’re describing could be what is now called LAMIST (look at me I’m so town) where scum say things that townies might say in an attempt to look town

Look I’m the only one scumhunting
I always get mislynched
Etc
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:46 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Site is getting ddos’d right now so I’m gonna come back later and hope it isn’t to read again
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 375, Battle Mage wrote:
Ramcius wrote:
In post 367, PJ. wrote:Bm doing the lord's work. I'm in on all those lunches after we lynch cena
Why Cena is scum?

Also, BM isn't doing lord's work, didn't his argument about Dre complaining about being mislynched often instead of saying lynched pinged you? Cause it sure did pinged me

Looking forward to hearing this explanation! (from you Ramcius, not Panzerjager by the way) :cop:
What's wrong with saying that you're being mislynched for certain behavior? We aren't talking about ongoing game, where outcome isn't clear and saying "mislynch" instead of "lynch" is pretty hard slip, but about past games, where alignment is already known
You've sort of got it. There's an argument that saying "lynched" would be ambiguous on alignment, and provoke questions. Using the word "mislynch" to emphasise that lynching him is a mistake (when, as far as his point went, as you note, it didn't matter whether he was town or scum in those old games) is a bit overly cautious, and in my view could be a scum indicator for him.
Do you know that he was lynched as a scum in past games for similar behavior or you just guessing that he was lynched for doing this as both alignments? For all I know it might be just resentment for being ML'ed in past and being cautious now, when people bring it up

But whole point of my initial post was that Panzer readily agreed to everything you said, but the issue we discuss isn't that simple, gobble pitching in just reinforce this. So I want their opinion too, cause my initial feeling was that Panzer just skimmed your posts at best and agreeing with it is just for show
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:02 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Actually I would want to know which games Drew is talking about. I’ve played with drew a fair bit and I think he was only lynched day 1 in mainstream mafia and that’s because he claimed paranoid gun owner and it was a liability
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:05 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 376, gobbledygook wrote:BM I think what you’re describing could be what is now called LAMIST (look at me I’m so town) where scum say things that townies might say in an attempt to look town

Look I’m the only one scumhunting
I always get mislynched
Etc
Excellent, thanks for the info! :nerd:
In post 378, Ramcius wrote:
In post 375, Battle Mage wrote:
Ramcius wrote:
Why Cena is scum?

Do you know that he was lynched as a scum in past games for similar behavior or you just guessing that he was lynched for doing this as both alignments? For all I know it might be just resentment for being ML'ed in past and being cautious now, when people bring it up

But whole point of my initial post was that Panzer readily agreed to everything you said, but the issue we discuss isn't that simple, gobble pitching in just reinforce this. So I want their opinion too, cause my initial feeling was that Panzer just skimmed your posts at best and agreeing with it is just for show
Ok I can believe that, although I think it's a pretty dull lead. Panzer-town might not actually have agreed with literally everything I said, but just felt the majority was along the right lines. Although it's the second nice thing he has said to me, so IGMEOY :igmeou: <3
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:09 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 369, Ramcius wrote:
Why Cena is scum?

I'm pretty sure we went over that I don't care if they are scum or not? Almost positive we went over this.

I thought BM was well-reasoned? I also definitely skimmed it. Because again, I'm on team policy lynch the hydras until it happens and that will be my stance until they die or I die.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 379, gobbledygook wrote:Actually I would want to know which games Drew is talking about. I’ve played with drew a fair bit and I think he was only lynched day 1 in mainstream mafia and that’s because he claimed paranoid gun owner and it was a liability
Not always D1, but early in games. To Boon or not to Boon, a cult game where it was impossible that I was cult leader, and the first game we played together. All mislynches because people completely misunderstood (or purposely twisted) my posts.

I took a few months off because I was getting agry IRL with a few players because of it.

In mainstream mafia I did also put my foot in my mouth in regards to flavor(which I did in another game just before that as well heh).

Not trying to be LAMIST, just stating facts about what seems to happen quite a bit when I am actually town.

And I do see BM kind of twisting things to potentially fit a narrative, reminds me slightly of chkfkip from my previously mentioned Boon game(though I believe chk was town, so I dunno).

Also RE: Chenn's potential 'crumb'. He mentioned something about the game and I thought he may have been crumbing that he is Triple H, hence why I asked if he is a wrestling fan.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

You thought because he said "the game", he was crumbing Triple H? Why? I don't really understand the motivation for most people to be crumbing, unless it can confirm their alignment. Flavour itself does not confirm alignment. But if it did, would I expect Triple H to be town, as you apparently did? No. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:00 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 381, PJ. wrote:
Why Cena is scum?

I'm pretty sure we went over that I don't care if they are scum or not? Almost positive we went over this.

I thought BM was well-reasoned? I also definitely skimmed it. Because again, I'm on team policy lynch the hydras until it happens and that will be my stance until they die or I die.
2 slots that are trying to play or a 1 slot that throwing tantrum? I'm fine with using my finisher on you tonight, if we can get more people interested
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 383, Battle Mage wrote:You thought because he said "the game", he was crumbing Triple H? Why? I don't really understand the motivation for most people to be crumbing, unless it can confirm their alignment. Flavour itself does not confirm alignment. But if it did, would I expect Triple H to be town, as you apparently did? No. :facepalm:
Why are you so quick to assume what I am thinking?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

alright everyone who wants to take their dick out and tell everyone their role do it right now so we can at least condense the amount of time we waste on that bullshit.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Vote Flubber, ut <3
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

why
Wondertank
Wondertank
Townie
Wondertank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Wondertank »

In post 339, PJ. wrote:hiplop breadcrumbed a role already, i'd chill on that.
can we kill panzer please
Wondertank
Wondertank
Townie
Wondertank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Wondertank »

they are in their townrange more then their scumrange
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:30 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Wagons r gud
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 391, gobbledygook wrote:
Wagons r gud
allow me to make a counteroffer: vote with me instead :)
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:42 am

Post by The Baker »

Vote Count 1.04

Wondertank (3): Doctor Drew, Untrod Tripod, DrippingGoofball
Flubbernugget (3): gobbledygook, xRECKONERx, Battle Mage
Panzerjager (2): Espressojet, Wondertank
Flavor Leaf (2): Emperor flippyNips, Flubbernugget
Cena and Savage (2): Egix96, Panzerjager
hiplop (1): Cena and Savage
Doctor Drew (1): chennisden
Lavender (1):
Not Voting (7): Flavor Leaf, hiplop, Lavender, KuroiXHF, BullDunne, Ramcius, pisskop

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to bury someone!
Egix96 replaces in for Kublai Khan!
Day 1 resumes, ending on Saturday, April 18 2020, at 10:30am EST in (expired on 2020-04-18 11:30:00)
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Egix96 »

:cool:
Gonna be out this evening, so if anyone could help get me up to speed with this shizzle that would be great.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Egix96 »

UNVOTE:

I should probably do this actually
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 385, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 383, Battle Mage wrote:You thought because he said "the game", he was crumbing Triple H? Why? I don't really understand the motivation for most people to be crumbing, unless it can confirm their alignment. Flavour itself does not confirm alignment. But if it did, would I expect Triple H to be town, as you apparently did? No. :facepalm:
Why are you so quick to assume what I am thinking?
I DIDN'T ASSUME ANYTHING. I'M JUST REPEATING WHAT YOU SAID, BACK TO YOU. with a modicum of incredulity. :eek:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:05 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 384, Ramcius wrote:
In post 381, PJ. wrote:
Why Cena is scum?

2 slots that are trying to play or a 1 slot that throwing tantrum? I'm fine with using my finisher on you tonight, if we can get more people interested
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:14 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 392, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Wagons r gud
I actually think that Wondertank is likely to be town :( sorry
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 398, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 392, Untrod Tripod wrote:
Wagons r gud
I actually think that Wondertank is likely to be town :( sorry
any particular reason for that read or is it just gut?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”