Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

cr3t1n wrote:r u goin 2 do it agen in this gaem
Obviously I hope not. It's not intentional, it's just something that happens because something is viewed as scummy and people agree on it.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I tend to agree with this for the most part. The only thing is...scum aren't the only players who "slip". Townies will say something that looks scummy, get called on that, and defend it horribly leading to a mislynch. I know I've done it.
That's true. In an ongoing I was the D1 lynch for this. But still, scum are more likely to slip because they have the information. Townies can mess up, but it's usually uninformed. It's harder to deny you know something after it's out then to defend yourself not knowing something...that sounded weird but it kinda makes sense.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
cr3t1n
cr3t1n
Goon
cr3t1n
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by cr3t1n »

y r i ignorring me ur meen
im exelent at mafier
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

y r i ignorring me ur meen
To be fair, you did follow through on voting me. Good job. But, I still find your accusations cute rather than threatening. Honestly, it's so weak the only anti town factor is you aren't hunting scum.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Yup.
Thing is, mafia will probably slip *less*, because they know who's the scum adn woh's the town. They don't know who the jester is, which is probably why they will be less likely to vote for an obviously scummy acting player (liek you guys seem to think I am).
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:19 am

Post by Rishi »

Skruffs wrote:Yup.
Thing is, mafia will probably slip *less*, because they know who's the scum adn woh's the town. They don't know who the jester is, which is probably why they will be less likely to vote for an obviously scummy acting player (liek you guys seem to think I am).
I agree. Also, when I play scum, I tend to craft my responses very carefully. As a townie, I often just say whatever comes to mind.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Crazy »

How about this?

I have a strong suspicion that Skruffs is the Jester. Let's make the mafia kill Skruffs. If Skruffs doesn't die, then we lynch him the next day.

Skruffs would only not die if...

a. He is mafia.
b. He is not, and the mafia are very confident that he's not mafia.

Unvote
raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:38 am

Post by raverblood »

cr3t1n wrote:
i fink raverblud is lurkin
im not lurking at all. i only have time to get on once a day. and that not every day. (work yelled at me for being on this site)

i post when i can.

thank you i just wanted to clear the air on that.
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:02 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I agree. Also, when I play scum, I tend to craft my responses very carefully. As a townie, I often just say whatever comes to mind.
Careful crafting is what screws them. It becomes more and more obvious that they are playing it safe as they post. Either way, we are getting into the "PLEASE GOD TAKE IT TO MAFIA DISCUSSION" zone here. I don't think Skruff's is the jester, and instead is trying to get us think as such. buut...

I have a strong suspicion that Skruffs is the Jester. Let's make the mafia kill Skruffs. If Skruffs doesn't die, then we lynch him the next day.
This is actually fair. The mafia lose if they don't kill him because we lynch him tomorrow, and if they can't kill him they lose a guy. Just make sure we stick with that.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

oh yeah
unvote Skruffs
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Rishi »

Crazy wrote:How about this?

Skruffs would only not die if...

a. He is mafia.
b. He is not, and the mafia are very confident that he's not mafia.

Unvote
How are we sure what the Mafia will do? And, after you set up "We'll lynch Skruffs if he isn't dead," then why would they kill him unless they also think he's the jester?

What I don't like is that people aren't actually reading what Skruffs is saying and understanding the points that he brings up. I don't necessarily agree with him, but his argument isn't completely unsound. It seems like people are just reacting, with "OMFG. That's st00pid" and not actually refuting his plan.

Vote: Crazy

Saying something completely ridiculous while trying to look town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

How are we sure what the Mafia will do? And, after you set up "We'll lynch Skruffs if he isn't dead," then why would they kill him unless they also think he's the jester?
This is a good point, but I personally see the risk as too high for the mafia to risk it. Still...it might be interesting to see where this Crazy wagon goes :S. Not sure I like it. He's made the most sense to me all game. Skruff's...just hasn't, and Crazy HAS been refuting a lot of what he said.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Crazy »

Grr, Rishi...

Skruff's plan
is
stupid. Don't the mafia
WANT
to find the jester? If so, then how will everyone looking like the Jester help? And it obviously won't help us find scum if everyone is acting scummy now, would it?

Please look at Skruff's actual argument instead of automatically buying the opinion of an experienced player.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Crazy »

Rishi wrote:How are we sure what the Mafia will do? And, after you set up "We'll lynch Skruffs if he isn't dead," then why would they kill him unless they also think he's the jester?
If they don't and he is, then the mafia has screwed us over. If Skruffs is not mafia, I think he is definitely Jester. I mean, it's not like we can all flip a switch and act scummy/jestery. I mean, for that matter, why don't we all CLAIM?

-Town will claim Jester.
-Scum will claim Town.
-Jester will claim Scum.

Eh? Is that what you figure will happen, Skruffs?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Rishi »

You think Skruffs is acting more jestery than, say, Xtoxm?

Also, I claim doctor.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I claim Schroedinger's Cat. (see Worst Role Ideas)
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Crazy »

Rishi wrote:You think Skruffs is acting more jestery than, say, Xtoxm?
Xtoxm is so jestery that he's not jestery. It's like he wants people to think he's the Jester, and that is not jestery. I have no idea what the heck he's doing, but I hope eventually he'll have a serious presence in the game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Xtoxm is so jestery that he's not jestery. It's like he wants people to think he's the Jester, and that is not jestery. I have no idea what the heck he's doing, but I hope eventually he'll have a serious presence in the game.
I agree with this for the most part. I think for now he's enjoying the theme. If he doesn't get serious'd soon, we will have to consider what to do with him though.
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Rishi »

We could always lynch Sun Tzu. He's just following the crowd (seems scummy) but he's not posting enough to make it obvious that he's trying to be lynched. I doubt he's the jester.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

We could always lynch Sun Tzu. He's just following the crowd (seems scummy) but he's not posting enough to make it obvious that he's trying to be lynched. I doubt he's the jester.
He's been lurking, again, right? It's his meta. Whether he's scum or town, I'm not sure.
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote:
He's been lurking, again, right? It's his meta. Whether he's scum or town, I'm not sure.
Right, but would he do that as the jester? You'd think the jester would be doing something to actively try to get lynched.

I guess I'm saying that, at this point in the game, when lynching we should think about who is NOT the jester rather than trying to figure out who is scum.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:24 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I guess I'm saying that, at this point in the game, when lynching we should think about who is NOT the jester rather than trying to figure out who is scum.
FUCK NO! The goal is ALWAYS to lynch scum. If we lynch the jester, we've screwed up, but we are ALWAYS to hunt scum, not kill a lurker cause they aren't the jester! that's horrible.
-StrangerCoug

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote:

FUCK NO! The goal is ALWAYS to lynch scum. If we lynch the jester, we've screwed up, but we are ALWAYS to hunt scum, not kill a lurker cause they aren't the jester! that's horrible.
I didn't say that was the only reason that we should consider a Sun Tzu lynch. I really feel like his posts have little content. He seems to be following other people's suspicions and attacking easy targets. The fact that he's lurking is a bonus. The fact that he has no avatar is a double bonus.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Crazy »

Rishi, what's up? You start off with me, then try to get suspicion on Xtoxm, and then Sun Tzu. That's a bit odd.

Vote: Rishi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”