Micro 928 | Permanent Marker | endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: GeorgeBailey until his avatar changes
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:51 am

Post by popsofctown »

it's a bat not a cat?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Bats are rats with wings
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 47, gobbledygook wrote:Bats are really good for the environment. I used to live near a colony. The local community had a nightly sunset watch of them leaving their home.
This post had lots of confusing 2020 imperialism in it until I figured out colony refers to a congregation of bats
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

HURT: gobbledygook
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

Rodents are great
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: wickedestjr
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 69, Not_Mafia wrote:It's ranking the people with the strongest meme game, except the person with the strongest is listed fourth
It's also different because the person with the strongest Miltank always goes fifth in the list, even if they have the 3rd strongest meme game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is there a way to develop a sort of rodent gif waterboarding that will spew Morning Tweet's alignment and break this game?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 78, Paragon wrote:We can certainly try!

Paragon that's not how torture works. We have to setup some type of rulestructure where the rats only appear if Morning Tweet is uncooperative. If the rats show up either way it loses all meaning.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: gobbledygook
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

20 mafiascum games onsite in 21 days is very impressive

It's against the rules to play without reading your role PM, and the practice of asking players to confirm their role and alignment safeguards against casual violations of this rule. There are reasons to believe it to be very rare for motivations to align for serious violations of this rule.

On the other hand, I'm sympathetic to the possibility of nonrandom role assignments happening, not because anyone's anecdotal evidence is very telling, but because the incentives seem pretty well aligned for that to be a possibility. Asking for mod PT dicerolls should be widespread. Again it only works on casual violators but that should be sufficient in my opinion.

90 seems kind of scummish to me.

But I'm kind of insulted by the implication that torture is a "random" topic when it's become clear that's my day job and is very important to me, and that may be clouding my reads.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I have power role where I can mark people and make them deathproof. that's what okapoka said. 8 of you are popsofctown-motivators enough of you have to motivate my power for it to work. you should all be blessed about the privilege

it's pretty natural for okapoka to nonrandomly assign me the centerpiece power-role after I backup-modded his first game or 2, very quid pro quo
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 95, gobbledygook wrote:Are you Robbvna?
Robbvna is banned from having alts, so that answer is always "no" or "why would you ask me such a stupid question, it says right here that's what my name is. You think i'm not going to give you a piece of my mind when you're acting like this?"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

90 seems like something that has been bopping around Paragon's mind for ages but needed a certain characteristic for the RVS to be that one RVS where he finally posts it. Mostly this RVS has seemed like any other. Therefore, my hypothesis is that Paragon's role PM is unlike any other, he got the Mafia Hider popsofctown Enabler role, the most nonrandom role he's ever gotten.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

uh huh uh huh sure not mafia of course you're the one who wants to amplify the mouthpieces who argue for nominative determinism
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

but I guess that means I ought to sheep Paragon with VOTE: gobbledygook huh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Y
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 125, Paragon wrote:Why did you vote for gobbledygook in 89?
I'm guessing the sarcasm was lost in you". Seemed like a brand of humor slightly more likely to come from villains which seemed good enough for hyper low info stage.

I townread gobbledygook now because coming up with three reasons to scumread someone with none of them icky seemed pretty good.
I will VOTE: Morning Tweet
I have some
mod
questions about the setup. If a player is marked day 1 are they marked for the rest of the game? I assumed only the votes are what resets since the game is called permanent marker. And thus that player would be deathproof all game. I guess that's just one question
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:14 am

Post by popsofctown »

Don't "they" pronoun people it's rude, try to use the pronoun preference she set for this account
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

What do you think about morning tweet gobble?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 am

Post by popsofctown »

She seemed pretty content being one of the few people to get a NAI question
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

I have been told I am hard to read by many players but I think I accurately become a UTR or USR slightly more than rand.
I don't have the patience to read games I'm not in so that's surprising.

MT's avatar reminds me of my cat so I don't know if I'll ever scumread her :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm demoralized by the mod ignoring me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Heaven is my strongest townread right now. He made a very solvy post, let me find.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's the post immediately prior to me.

I am dedicating my fullest attention to this game.

It's a good assessment that scum would be more likely to make something up. They would be more likely to feel they "should" be seeing something.

As is often underrated I think it's more AI for the person making the read
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I do think it's slightly scum indicative that MT didn't request an AI question Paaragon
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't know elbirn plays mafia. Is this your first game in a while elbirn?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I worry that can read rude and I don't mean it that way
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Should I not be serious, do you have a pt
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Give it to me straight heaven scum undermined my townread on them last game so I lynched them I'll take all the free wins I can get
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Do I need to clarify something?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I like Elbirn's tone so far.
GB has a scummy baseline and should probably be marked at this point for reasons stated
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I am serious
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: Heaven
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Man this is scumsided
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We will lose this game if we don't Heaven Heaven, he is our only chance at having a PR
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #37) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

MORNING TWEET
THIS IS AN EXTORTION SITUATION

PANDORA IS CURRENTLY BEING GIVEN PRINCESS PEACH AS A COMFORT COMPANION, BUT I MIGHT EXCHANGE IT FOR A RAT IF YOU DO NOT COOPERATE

YOU MUST HEAL HEAVEN IN YOUR NEXT POST WHICH MUST BE IN THE NEXT 48 HOURS OR YOU WILL BE PRODDED
THE CLOCK IS TICKING AND IF YOU TRY TO BARGAIN OR CONTACT AUTHORITIES I IMMEDIATELY MAKE THE SWAP
SHE HAS BEEN GIVEN THE NAME OF WHO TO BLAME IN THERAPY
[/size]
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #38) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm here to win, not to not-traumatize people
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think Paragon would rather Pandora have Peach instead of the Plaguebringer and is probably onboard
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #40) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by popsofctown »

OkaPoka are you mad at me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (isolation #41) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't know whether you will be unmarked tomorrow or whether you stay marked because the mod has ignored me multiple times so I can't really care
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #42) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I guess I didn't bold super brazenly
I'm high maintenance and petulant tho
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #43) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe

to some extent I like effects like this to happen in a high entropy way, I think it can be protown

A similar mechanic was lolhammered in Montyhall mafia in a way that made it really difficult to get one of my preferred d2 mislynches as scum
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #44) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by popsofctown »

145 uses bold to formalize the question, I would not complain about unbolded questions going unanswered.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (isolation #45) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

the unbolded comments were hoping you'd figure out #145 exists I guess. I try not to answer unbolded questions when I mod too, it's bestpractice
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (isolation #46) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

ok we can still lynch heaven if we want to, then we would be free to mark 1 new person

I'm decently happy with this

I would posit that randomly marking someone d1 is better EV than not marking d1
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #47) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I may have just wanted to extort for something and didn't have something else to ask for. I am trying to crosstrain other skills so that my employer will let me try out related positions at work
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (isolation #48) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by popsofctown »

GeorgeBailey accepts full responsibility for my actions.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh GB asked about his scummy baseline

you kind of always seem scummy

that's what Ank said anyway and she's pretty smart so it's probably true.

That means if you do something mildly townie I should count you as obvtown.
I call it calibration
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why do you think Heaven is scum?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (isolation #51) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

To the extent you can be -100%- certain he's scum, no mistake has been made at all, but if he's scummy but not lynchworthy it's bad.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (isolation #52) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's not normal, but it's far closer to mountainous than a normal queue micro.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (isolation #53) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I thought he was the L+1 vote, not the hammer

That
is
iffy.
It is not protown to become marked if you are town and will not later be EOd1 UTR. If it were deathproof, I think it kind of is, but as BP it isn't.
hrm
How much should I feel bad
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Don't you think deciding you've nailed the full scumteam off this is a little hyperbolic, Elbirn?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (isolation #55) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Heaven, as a bodyguard with the option to self target, would you consider it correct to always target yourself each night?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #56) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A bodyguard who could target themselves but it wouldn't do anything
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (isolation #57) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

I really didn't realize Heaven was so close to getting hammered and probably would have unvoted if I had realized.
In particular I don't think I even contemplated that one can vote oneself, and I think Heaven's thought process regarding it has been scummy.
I think the act of MT voting Heaven is NAI but the way she did it seems like it's town.

Hi to Fire Sneakers. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks the setup isn't clear on one reading.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (isolation #58) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 362, Heaven wrote:
In post 360, popsofctown wrote:I really didn't realize Heaven was so close to getting hammered and probably would have unvoted if I had realized.
Didn't you say earlier you thought my vote was L+1? So, wouldn't that mean you thought I was actually
closer
to getting hammered, not farther?
I thought you were at L-4 when I posted the meme, then when MT refused to immediately place a mark vote I assumed that meant you were at L-1. I don't know if she was just realizing you were at "functional" L-1, I didn't contemplate self votes.
I am surprised there was not more hammer shyness than there was.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (isolation #59) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I picked Heaven over GB because Heaven was even townier at the time but GB has reacted to the incident very townily and Heaven has not
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (isolation #60) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 383, Heaven wrote:
In post 379, popsofctown wrote:
In post 362, Heaven wrote:
In post 360, popsofctown wrote:I really didn't realize Heaven was so close to getting hammered and probably would have unvoted if I had realized.
Didn't you say earlier you thought my vote was L+1? So, wouldn't that mean you thought I was actually
closer
to getting hammered, not farther?
I thought you were at L-4 when I posted the meme, then when MT refused to immediately place a mark vote I assumed that meant you were at L-1. I don't know if she was just realizing you were at "functional" L-1, I didn't contemplate self votes.
I am surprised there was not more hammer shyness than there was.
Where did you think those three votes came from?
Why would you expect me to have a list of names in mind when I said it's an L-value I didn't previously believe to be the case, but I thought MT's post implied the value L-1? I'm not sure if you're being intentionally dense and shitpushing here.

By the bye, how is "I'm confident in my ability to towntell and make a mark on me correct" consistent with "I know this will make me a few enemies" in the post with your selfhammer?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #61) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 377, GeorgeBailey wrote:
In post 376, Heaven wrote:Would you say you're good at scum?
I'm hot garbage as scum, and Pops can vouche for that.
This is me not refuting GeorgeBailey
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #62) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

That doesn't line up very well with your refusal to believe I was townreading you earlier. I have two cases of you representing that you think it's difficult for you to get townread, that and the selfvote post, and one case of you saying you're confident in your ability to get townread: when you obligatorily have to say that to not be gamethrowing or scumclaiming
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (isolation #63) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 305, Heaven wrote:Scumread me all you want man, I just can't stand people acting high and mighty. 'specially when they're wrong about basic stuff like that. Someone's arrogant and correct - 'm still annoyed, but I can probably look past it in the end. Arrogant and wrong - that's an unholy combination.
I don't understand how I'm holistically supposed to view you as a player aiming and expecting to become UTR and win us the game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #64) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm happy to answer more specific questions about my posts
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (isolation #65) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 am

Post by popsofctown »

It was a good assessment
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (isolation #66) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

I asked if Elbirn hadn't played mafia in a while. Elbirn is an active general discussion forum user who I
think
is pretty inactive in mafia games and there are occasionally users who represent animus to denizens like that and I wanted to dissociate myself from that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #67) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

most people generally don't find it rude to get townread
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #68) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm stuck at work with not too much I need to do
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (isolation #69) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I feel bad Paragon has to ease back because I think he might be scum.
Actually I mostly feel bad he has to ease back because it makes me sad if he has corona

pedit: I think the idea that GeorgeBailey has a narrow scumrange dictates he's kind of left it, probably. His commentary on how a voting event will lead to gamestate development seems like something he'd be too shy to say as scum. He's a pretty antsy scum. It was also defiant of consensus.

pedit2: try to make a high pitched screech then listen to the reverberation and hone in on the scummy reverberations
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #70) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Ank thought GeorgeBailey was town and I was scum :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #71) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

He's bad at faking anything townie at scum.

Like, Ank and my disagreement about him in Fusion was kind of based on her thinking his scumrange was so small that his very modest contributions cleared him, and I thought his modest contributions in that game, applied to an average player, added up to openwolf.

Like he will tend to be NAI, uninsightful, most of the easy hallmarks, generally.

It's maybe early to say for sure but he would be a good mark if that was still an options :X
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (isolation #72) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Largely lack of anything, Norwee kept begging him in the scum PT to contribute to the game thread so that he wasn't PoE lurker lynch.

I had a very strong intuitive scumread off a short post he made softdefending d1 lynchbait but that wasn't subscribed to broadly
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (isolation #73) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

you wear very mature glasses though you have an air of experience
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (isolation #74) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I prefer drawing
Spoiler:
Wickedestjr's
alignment
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (isolation #75) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I prefer being whatever alignment you get

I am goofing on page 18 I feel like I missed RVS or something
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #76) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You should feel like you're letting your town teammates down if you play poorly though.

Are you town who is going to let me down because you don't care about helping me win?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (isolation #77) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's an across-the-table-wine to heal town as scum but it's the kind I would expect scum to do.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (isolation #78) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

*higher pitched
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #79) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

@Not_Mafia: why haven't you policy lynched me for an anime avatar yet?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (isolation #80) » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What's a Naruto
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (isolation #81) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:59 am

Post by popsofctown »

I flashwagoned a collective town protective action in this game:viewtopic.php?f=52&t=81421 if you want to compare. I was scum. I did it because I thought it was what I would do as town, when I roll scum I try to play myself on tv
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (isolation #82) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My Paragon scumread is kind of gutty.
Your fluffjoke posting and gameposting seem segregated which makes me think they can't come from the same sincere part of your mind. I know this is a spicy take
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #83) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I refuse to stop worrying about Paragon's health indefinitely cause I think the virus is scary :x
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (isolation #84) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe gobble is scum with Morning Tweet and felt like he couldn't get a long with a partner who would mark town against their team's wincon just for a meme, but a less serious player should come be her partner?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (isolation #85) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"should" does lots of heavy lifting there. I wish I could unthink thoughts, but,
I don't think gobble is the kind of person who would be that upset over suboptimal town usage of a mechanic. And this game wasn't eating tons of time (although it has a good likelihood of being his only d1 game and if he needed more RL time that'd be the sort to drop).
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (isolation #86) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I do not believe speculating on reasons for replacing out to be angleshooting. I'm an advocate for making game threads private so that it's more difficult to analyze, but no one else is into that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #87) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I independently townread Morning Tweet too.
I don't think I would have extorted Morning Tweet if I was scum. I guess I can't say for sure. If I did I likely would have used the variant involving my Meta Knight doll to pocket her.
pedit: Yeah I really hate replace outs, should only be dire RL issues. I think the replace-out was SI. White Flag scum!gobble didn't seem to want to be there.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #476 (isolation #88) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I almost did the Meta Knight doll thing anyway. I feel like scum me would have talked me into always doing it that way.
Amrun says pops says scum!pops is a caricature of her townself, and a flaw in my scumplay is failing to recognize when I would not reach some of my own extremes, like when I was excessively stubborn about a pedantic/semantic read in Doc Lonely when as town I might have picked up on it but wouldn't have clutched it.

"pocketing" is a bit of a misnomer there, deliberately recruiting a townie is at odds with an emulation based playstyle and indeed is a minor to nonexistent part of my scum playstyle. But the entire schtick related MT's feelings on cats bats and rats and was pockety in general.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (isolation #89) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Not_mafia
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (isolation #90) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah I think gobble probably hates being scum
If mostly mountainous amplifies his hatred of rolling scum well this is mostly mountainous too.
White Flag is a fine setup, though, why the hate. It's just an awful lot harder to win when one of the mafia, like, townsides.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (isolation #91) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm more excited to show Pandora off to people when she is town.
I'm more shy to post pictures of her when she's scum.
She and her brother hydra with me for every game I play so we share an alignment, it's the rule.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #482 (isolation #92) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Also, I think I would have felt I owed the thread too much content at that point to fluffpost

there is kind of a lot of content now because people are angry
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #484 (isolation #93) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm townreading MT the most for posting 267

I think scum!MT would experience some gratitude/relief at being given the opportunity to do something and that that would keep her from thinking about an emotion in a different direction, this sort of consternation at the evils I will later inflict upon her. I mean will not inflict upon her. Town!MT has not actually received a positive help towards wincon especially if she was going to mark Heaven anyway with little certainty he is scum, so she's more able to match the hostage roleplay
I know it's kind of sketchy/out there
It's significant that it's written as a separate post from 266
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (isolation #94) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

^^-( ' . ')-^^
I tried to draw you a bat
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (isolation #95) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is that merciful
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (isolation #96) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

did this game die
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (isolation #97) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:11 am

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah knowledge of Not_mafia counsels against holding your breath in that regard
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (isolation #98) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Pyrrha

Why would it be a bad play to lynch me, MT?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #99) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (isolation #100) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

MT knows the words I need when I'm speechless
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (isolation #101) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

omg how'd you make such a good bat picture! I feel so bad about mine now
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (isolation #102) » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

RENA WANTS TO TAKE IT HOOOOOOMMMMMMEEEEEEE
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #103) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 463, popsofctown wrote:Maybe gobble is scum with Morning Tweet and felt like he couldn't get a long with a partner who would mark town against their team's wincon just for a meme, but a less serious player should come be her partner?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #527 (isolation #104) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

the wifom is that I wasn't shotted though
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #529 (isolation #105) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

tbh I thought the shot was between George and George and I now want to mark George and lynch Heaven
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (isolation #106) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's not massively scummy, but it's scummy enough. If we, say, just lynch Paragon for being offwagon, we will lose GeorgeBailey and Paragon and go to a 5p with MT/pops/N_M/Elbirn/Heaven. If we lynch Heaven the 5p looks more like MT/pops/GeorgeBailey/Elbirn/Paragon. And I'm not even positive Not_Mafia is who gets shot, which is to point out the scum are forced to shoot someone with scum equity. I think that second playerlist looks easier to win in.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (isolation #107) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Like I feel like if we can't pick an onwagon player to clear for the game based off that day 1 we suck
I think we can, I think it's GB
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (isolation #108) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: GeorgeBailey
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (isolation #109) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Do you have a full 3 players you would lynch sooner than Heaven?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (isolation #110) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What??
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (isolation #111) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I do
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (isolation #112) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Only one that needn't be stated and you already know. Why do you want to lynch in spite of it?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (isolation #113) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That's not the bar.
The bar is Heaven needs to be in your top 4 townreads. If he isn't, from your point of view, it's best to lynch him so we can utilize the mark mechanic.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (isolation #114) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I did think about it. I figured I could only suggest it on myself because there's no one else I feel that confident about marking. Doesn't mean the other players are totally unsorted but George is the only one where I wanna bet the game
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (isolation #115) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

I showed Peach to Pandora and she went up and rubbed her cheek against her dress.
She usually does that she likes her Peach doll.
It's very cute.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (isolation #116) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 561, Paragon wrote:
In post 498, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: Pyrrha

Why would it be a bad play to lynch me, MT?
Why did you decide to vote Pyrrha here, popsofctown?
Pyrrha's catchup was feeling different from a game I played with her recently called Autobattler Mafia, and it seemed different in a way that was scum indicative. Both alignments of Pyrrha would lash out and become less readable at hearing this from me, so I kept it close to the vest.

Gobble's replace-out was also a tad weird.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #117) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's starting to seem like I might have to resort to extortion to get what I want this day phase
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (isolation #118) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Not_Mafia would you lolhammer a partner as scum?

He will probably just answer honestly right
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (isolation #119) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm undecided on how merciless or merciful N_M would be towards a partner, but I feel confident daychat would have no bearing on it. His usage of the scum PT was limited when I rolled scum with him once.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #120) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (isolation #121) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In fairness my
initial
reaction was similar to yours.

There's not any scenario where the lolhammer makes him >rand to be town, so he should probably be lynched based on reading him in other ways (good luck with that) or PoE
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (isolation #122) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

>rand to be scum, ebwop
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (isolation #123) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I wish I could believe replacing out is always NAI but it is not. It can be unreliable to try to read though, especially when players appropriately follow the rules of the forum for once the way gobble did.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (isolation #124) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

MT why are you scumreading Elbirn?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (isolation #125) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 609, Elbirn wrote:
In post 607, Morning Tweet wrote:not exactly a scumread per se, just a preferred lynch over everyone else

so far i've only disagreed with elbirn on his heaven SR and obviously his heaven/MT association
So you don't scumread me but you would prefer me dead. And our only point of contention is me scumreading you and Heaven.

*big thinking emoji here*
Well isn't 2 scumreads a large percentage of contention in a micro?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (isolation #126) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'm worried NKA is how we thro
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #127) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Is anyone besides Morning Tweet hard townreading Heaven? Although I guess if N_M is hard scumreading George that poses an issue anyway. Uck.

I'm not sure where to go this game.

I think Elbirn is town so fmpov MT seems 0/2 which looks bad, and I'm not sure I want to discard my gobbledygook tinfoil.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (isolation #128) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yes, he's a runner up to George
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (isolation #129) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I just got this feelin
Not as confident as George
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (isolation #130) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't find 258 towny at all, I generally find promising something and not delivering on it to be strongly scum indicative.

260 is towny but could be performative.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (isolation #131) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

That means okapoka agrees with my read
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (isolation #132) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

such british no wonder you respond to my posts so late at night
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (isolation #133) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I want for her to be British though my cousin used to live there
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (isolation #134) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

we're mindmelding this is the basis of our townbloc
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (isolation #135) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 633, Elbirn wrote:
In post 624, popsofctown wrote:I don't find 258 towny at all, I generally find promising something and not delivering on it to be strongly scum indicative.

260 is towny but could be performative.
He specifically promised to go back and reread gobbledygook. His scum partner. Because he was fence sitting.
this is why you're in my townbloc
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #637 (isolation #136) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 635, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 628, popsofctown wrote:such british no wonder you respond to my posts so late at night
I am simply nocturnal!
Do you know what else is nocturnal?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (isolation #137) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

BATS
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (isolation #138) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

314 is the one I feel more strongly about. 314 suggests that Elbirn experienced some actual emotions from the events of the game that had subsided temporally by the time he posted 314. Emulated indignation has no expiration date, just like orange flavored candy doesn't expire the way an orange does. It's not a super image-managey response either.

It sucks for me that you agree George is towny because George is just gonna die so it doesn't help us. The only scenarios where he doesn't die is because we kill heaven. Aside from marking him today, lynching someone else, and cornering ourselves into lynching Heaven in the 5p, although that doesn't force the mafia to shoot someone with mislynch equity the way lynching Heaven now does

wait it does do that, both Heaven and George would be marked.

I think I'd be ok with that?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (isolation #139) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Not_Mafia is a Smash Hit
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (isolation #140) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

GeorgeBailey if you were town, who would you have tried to mark yesterday?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (isolation #141) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You marked heaven, so does that mean you're not town?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (isolation #142) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Loki has waited patiently without bullying his sister and has earned his turn cuddling Princess Peach for comfort.
She will be taken away from him at any such a time as Morning Tweet votes
popsofctown
or
Elbirn

This is a final warning.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (isolation #143) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think we should lynch Heaven without marking someone first, that's suboptimal.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #666 (isolation #144) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Do you think 654 was a scumslip?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (isolation #145) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

You have a very special playstyle
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #676 (isolation #146) » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 669, GeorgeBailey wrote:Pops is this a joke or do you think i'm really that dumb
I'm sorting N_M
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (isolation #147) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:01 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm really worried about Paragon
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #707 (isolation #148) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: Paragon
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (isolation #149) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

DDL why would you do that to me
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (isolation #150) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

I almost want to vote George for that joke
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (isolation #151) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Maybe Elbirn is implying that Paragon is "out of sight, out of mind"?

I need to solve this game and stuff but there's lots of stuff to do at work today.

I think it might just be Morning Tweet. People can think it's gross to try to read gook's replace out if they want, but it's not like MT is playing independently towny on the other hand in a way where I should feel ashamed. Even if she is very charismatic.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (isolation #152) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't think it's necessarily the case gobble was outright frustrated. He could have felt the game was happening without him, in a way? More just, detached.

His least likely partner would seem to be N_M unless he's unfamiliar with N_M despite being on site so long, since N_M has delivered approximately exactly what anyone and everyone expected.

N_M's deathtunnel on George might protect George from a nightkill if the mafia plot to bring N_M and George to LyLo, so that's interesting. Of course N_M is going to tell me George is the one submitting the nightkills.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (isolation #153) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I am confiscating Princess Peach tonight.
VOTE: Morning Tweet
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #728 (isolation #154) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Dr. Dolittle
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (isolation #155) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Loki, the conditions are clear, but she decided she cares more about helping the mafia win than she cares about looking out for you.
Morning Tweet
chose for this to happen.
She even told me she was excited about it.
That is how she feels about you.

"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (isolation #156) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I have a lot of room to jam aside from townreading GB and Elbirn. And Elbirn is soft.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (isolation #157) » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Do you townread Loki?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (isolation #158) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Elbirn what do you think about the game?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (isolation #159) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Why don't you want my vote?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (isolation #160) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Heaven
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (isolation #161) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: Elbirn
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (isolation #162) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Marking doesn't grant lynchproof either. Having one person marked has no downside.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (isolation #163) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We are about to murder Heaven and place the D1 mark we meant to put on George in place. In this way we follow the spirit of only marking day1
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (isolation #164) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: Not_Mafia
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #775 (isolation #165) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I agree. Heal votes are unlimited, I haven't removed my George vote
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (isolation #166) » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

p sure Morning Tweet is marking Loki but I know handcounting is hard
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (isolation #167) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:04 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 786, Morning Tweet wrote:
Paragon did eventually back off in but it was in favour of voting pops so I give him a free pass
You're not using 1 scum left logic. If Paragon is scum, I cannot be, so he unvoted scum to vote town.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (isolation #168) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's called "assuming the conclusion". The idea he isn't scum is based on him unvoting scum to vote scum. If there are two other scum where that's a possible action, he's not scum anyway. It's circular

augh
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (isolation #169) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I don't see how my voting record looks like the bussiest vote on the Pyrrha wagon to any of you.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (isolation #170) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I experienced a lot of the tonish reasons to want to townread heaven but if you boil down to the very straightforward, he was offwagon for the day1 scumlynch and did a scummy lolhammer, it's not a very town set of puzzle pieces
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (isolation #171) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Some people are really good at toning town, I don't want to trust it.
The way Heaven responded to my follow up inquiry about the lolhammer was scummy. There are imaginable towny ways of describing it and those aren't what came out of his mouth.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (isolation #172) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You think I'm scum when we have similar reads D:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (isolation #173) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

and you want to torture Loki by hanging his princess from a fan it's so hurtful
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #807 (isolation #174) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by popsofctown »

We have 2 days and this ends on a weekend
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (isolation #175) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If you want to townlock N_M, it's actually optimal to mark Elbirn, because if N_M and George are both town (likely) the mafia will bring them to 3p LyLo for an instant win. So GB isn't getting shot anyway.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (isolation #176) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 811, Heaven wrote:
In post 798, popsofctown wrote:I experienced a lot of the tonish reasons to want to townread heaven but if you boil down to the very straightforward, he was offwagon for the day1 scumlynch and did a scummy lolhammer, it's not a very town set of puzzle pieces
I was offwagon because it got hammered while I was away and before I (or anyone else) could see more from Pyrra.

On that note, I thought about bringing this up earlier but it felt too weird then and still feels weird now: I didn't actually even log in between the end of day one and me getting prodded Day 2. Not sure how grimy it is to bring that up but it's true, although I guess it's not confirmable.
That is grimy, because you posted in another game during Night 1, which is "after the end of day one", and your lack of enthusiasm to be active early in day 2 knowing "your" faction lynched scum is part of sorting you red.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #816 (isolation #177) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 812, Heaven wrote:
In post 802, popsofctown wrote:The way Heaven responded to my follow up inquiry about the lolhammer was scummy. There are imaginable towny ways of describing it and those aren't what came out of his mouth.
How? People have said this throughout the game but 've never seen it substantiated.

I would do the same thing again if I could go back, and I think my reasons for that make a lot of sense.
I don't find "I always get townread" as a plausible town mindset and really it makes more sense to me as a scum mindset in a lot of ways, as scum it's a task you can be confident in achieving, as town it's something that just usually happens to you but not always like good weather.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (isolation #178) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's more forgettable to you because you didn't learn something new when you read Pyrrha's flip
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (isolation #179) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

my quote is not as good a paraphrase as yours I give you that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (isolation #180) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 823, Heaven wrote:
In post 819, popsofctown wrote:It's more forgettable to you because you didn't learn something new when you read Pyrrha's flip
Also, please. I know that you know this is a stretch.
It's not my headliner
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (isolation #181) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

George mark Elbirn
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (isolation #182) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I am super sloppy at being aware of the vote state as town. I can't really recall whether I'm more meticulous about it or not when I roll scum or when I know votes are on scum.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (isolation #183) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Elbirn come self hammer. The way is lit. The path is clear. We require only the strength to follow it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (isolation #184) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

When he is marked, the mafia can't shoot him and kill him anymore.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (isolation #185) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hammering the mark is similar to hammering Heaven's lynch, yes. The amount of deadline candle kind of matches that for me. Do you want to lynch elsewhere?

I'm definitely not townreading how DDL has approached this game even if in some regards it's plausible for town!him. And Paragon was offwagon. I think that would be my favorite other thing to lynch.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (isolation #186) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I want to lynch in Heaven/DDL
Morning Tweet unhappily
Not_Mafia very very unhappily
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (isolation #187) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by popsofctown »

there's a pretty broad consensus that "mark somebody and lynch heaven" and "mark nobody and lynch not-heaven" are the only plays

You're being more responsible than lolhammering the mark and forcing Heaven lynch through on the basis of the marking
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (isolation #188) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by popsofctown »

i kinda don't need more play from elbirn to feel comfortable throwing the game on townreading him if he's scum, so it's ok for him to be sick. aside from how it's not ok for him to be sick because I don't want him to feel unwell
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (isolation #189) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You're not a part of the town, the way you've been playing, really, DDL
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (isolation #190) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

so yeah that would be the other reason for doing the mark first without more clearly ascertaining consensus ^
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (isolation #191) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

HEAL: Elbirn
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (isolation #192) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I also townread George.

I've been busy lately, obviously.

This gamestate kind of sucks for me because I'm having trouble feeling more strongly about DDL scum or N_M scum, and the way for me to not become one of the remaining two lynches is to get so involved in that discernment that it becomes clear I care and I'm town. But it's not that I don't care, it's that Not_Mafia is so unfathomable it's really rough.

Then there's this weird dynamic where it is very clear N_M can be brought to 3p LyLo to throw it in the likely case George is town.

I maybe owe this game a reread I totally can't afford.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #193) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

A win is a win! PoEing towards N_M after he brutally hammered his own partner isn't the most gratifying way to win the dayplay, but a win is a win.
This is definitely not balanced but my brain isn't spitting out a revision two right away. I kind of prefer my misreading of the setup over the actual functionality of the setup, my misreading said you could vote to make a player bulletproof AND unlynchable with no way to unmark them, with no %age based penalty being necessary, if you define all draws as mafia wins.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #932 (isolation #194) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Morning Tweet you separated Loki from his beloved Princess doll SO THAT YOU COULD VOTE TOWN AS TOWN
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (isolation #195) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

how do you think that makes him feel
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (isolation #196) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 936, OkaPoka wrote:hmmmmmmmm

but town selecting two people they want to go to lylo could be very very townsided with certain lobbies

maybe i make it one mark a day, two max marks, marks removed at f3

and marks are lynchproof and nightkillproof
I think the concept of fully permanent lynchproof/nightkillproof has to work with some kind of player count but it might not be 7:2

It might actually be something that is evens and then maybe you don't want to do the concept because evens suck
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”