Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:02 am

Post by davesaz »

If you're interpreting my chat room comment to mean conversational tone in general, that's not what I mean.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Oh. Ok.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 470, Auro wrote:Well, you were the one ranting about people not taking a cult game seriously
so ppls alignment could change. boo hoo. I mean, I guess one could argue that its semi-decent play to NOT PLAY so you don't fuck yourself or your team over if you become scum but thats still only half playing to your wincon.

I wasn't really talking about this game though, just the whole "its a meme game, lets not effort!
" that's become the norm around here.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Covid 19 »

In post 459, Covid 19 wrote:
Votecount 1.18

mastina(5)
~ (49), (18), (25), (75), (67)

Hoctac(3)
~ (8), (15), (20)
Vecna(2)
~ (26), (12)
EspeciallyTheLies(2)
~ (20), (30)
Tchill13(1)
~ (27)

Not Voting (8): momo(0), 5G Tower(0), Jake the Wolfie(2), Odelschwanck(0), Allan90(0), (10), (16), (13)

With 21 alive it takes 11 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00)

MOD REMINDERS1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

Please do not post if you have not confirmed yet.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.

5. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
6. Please keep animated GIFs and videos spoilered as a courtesy to other users.
7. Odelschwanck has (expired on 2020-05-06 20:00:00) to confirm before I seek a replacement.
8. Allan90 has (expired on 2020-05-06 20:00:00) to confirm before I seek a replacement.
9. momo has (expired on 2020-05-07 11:00:00) to post before I seek a replacement.
10. 5G Tower has (expired on 2020-05-07 11:00:00) to post before I seek a replacement.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 474, davesaz wrote:Was there anything in particular you're interested in?
just your read on him. I'm a little worried that he was buddying me and he's town reading me for the first time ever. He say's he normally treats me like that but I just don't really remember that and I'm too lazy to look.
In post 474, davesaz wrote:Generally Vecna seems more reasonable than what I expect from the first 3-4 page-downs in iso,
Shouldn't that be a reason to suspect him a bit?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Null Vote »

VOTE: mastina
Unlike FL, I like wagons.
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 478, Covid 19 wrote:5. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
Spoiler:
Elements
Elements
they/she/it
Bloop
Elements
they/she/it
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: they/she/it

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Elements »

intent to hamme
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:32 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 480, Null Vote wrote:VOTE: mastina
I like {liking wagons}, but I like {liking wagons} better when accompanied by a reason the wagon is liked. ;)
I don't have a mastina opinion yet. Mostly because I skimmed too fast. Seems a reasonable/important thing to develop at this juncture.

I don't remember FL being nervous about joining wagons before.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:35 am

Post by mastina »

In post 425, Miss Lane wrote:I'm willing to talk to you outside the game if you need it.
I'm always down to chat. Sitechat, discord, PMs, whatever.
In post 428, Auro wrote:Mastina why am I not locktown
Because you haven't obvtowned yourself to that point yet. :P

Your play right now is far more likely to be town than scum--but this level of performance from you isn't yet utterly outside of your scumrange, not yet at least. Same reason Vecna isn't locktown yet.

To put this in the context of a recently completed game--if you look at what you and Vecna have done in this game, compared to what you and Vecna did in Doubles Mafia, that can give you a fair idea of where I am coming from here. In Doubles Mafia, both of your slots became insanely town and this game I see the starts of what I think is probably similar...but you should be self-aware enough to know that
right now
, your level of play here is not the same level of play in Doubles Mafia (and similarly for Vecna; he should be self-aware enough to know that
right now
, his play isn't at the insanely town levels
yet
),

You're townreads. Townreads with decent confidence. Not weak townreads, not townleans, well and true, proper, townreads. I expect you to move into the locktown tier given more time, but as has been pointed out: game is less than 24 hours old. Vecna's not someone who instantly obvtowns and you're someone who, while they
can
, often doesn't. It took you both time to ramp up to those levels, and I am expecting similar here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:48 am

Post by mastina »

In post 439, farside22 wrote:Mastina: what is you scum read on EtL based on?
Everything.
This instantly pegged me as being far, far too serious especially for a meme game.
In post 11, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:However, I would like to know how we gain immunity, because nothing in my role PM explained that bit. I didn't know if I should direct the question publicly to the mod in the thread or not, so I asked via PM. <<<
@mod: I hope this is ok to post?
The rules on this site have changed so much since I last played regularly, I have no idea whats kosher anymore.
Not only did this continue the trend of being too serious, it was also, to use a buzzword, LAMIST; ETL was putting in effort to look like she was being town, without doing anything that was actually town. Furthermore, the asking of the question looks entirely fake, or if there were truth to it, scum asking about the town's role PMs due to not having all the information they think they need.

has her accuse Miss Lynch of trying awfully hard when her own iso is by far the most guilty of that sin. The fight with Miss Lynch in general felt like a forced fight to get early cheap towncred, too, as people are likely to write off a fight of that nature as TvT. It's a common scum tactic for people of her generation; you deliberately enter into a fight with a town player early who is suspicious of you. That way, their suspicions look less likely to be correct, and people are more inclined to think that both participants are wrongly-tunneling town. It gives a way to stay out of the spotlight later on, because people have written you off as wrong-town, rather than scum.

I know ETL AtEs as both alignments and her AtE this game didn't feel town at all; it felt particularly 'fake', for lack of a better word--maybe overblown would be better? In that I have little doubts ETL felt emotions, but her posting here felt like it was overplaying them, for lack of better terminology. Forcing the feelings, I guess you could say.

Everything about her content this game has felt incredibly calculated and precise, with an odd level of calmness. She radiates an aura of cool, collected, precise posting, one of artificial tone.

Better question isn't why am I scumreading ETL; it's why are you townreading her? That's literally why I initially placed you so low initially; your early defense of her felt off. (I later reconsidered and thought it more likely you're town wrongly defending scum.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:50 am

Post by mastina »

In post 449, Flavor Leaf wrote:UNVOTE: Mastina
Didn’t realize there was a wagon there.
Yeah on that note if you're expecting me to claim when the wagon on me has players like ETL and Saudade spearheading it, you'll be sorely disappointed. :doc: :dead:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:51 am

Post by mastina »

In post 454, Miss Lane wrote:I appear to be gullible and have been played, and I am ashamed. Don't look at me.
Yeah you sure are gullible and have been played; if you weren't gullible to being played, you wouldn't be joining one of the objectively worst wagons of 2020.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 8:56 am

Post by mastina »

In post 477, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 470, Auro wrote:Well, you were the one ranting about people not taking a cult game seriously
so ppls alignment could change. boo hoo. I mean, I guess one could argue that its semi-decent play to NOT PLAY so you don't fuck yourself or your team over if you become scum but thats still only half playing to your wincon.
There was an MD thread on that subject.

General consensus, which I agreed with, seemed to be that playing to get recruited is playing against your current wincon for the chance at getting another wincon that you may never actually get and if you're never recruited then playing to get recruited is playing against your current wincon, that it's better to play to your current wincon even if it does risk the recruitment.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 487, mastina wrote:
In post 454, Miss Lane wrote:I appear to be gullible and have been played, and I am ashamed. Don't look at me.
Yeah you sure are gullible and have been played; if you weren't gullible to being played, you wouldn't be joining one of the objectively worst wagons of 2020.
3 points: 1. I missed Flavor Leaf's UNVOTE. I have a reasonable excuse for this: I am using MafTiger, and MafTiger is a truly hideous and broken theme that does not show votes or unvotes as any different from other text, see evidence below:

2. I have always been relatively gullible regardless of the game in real life and outside of it.

3. This wagon is not objectively one of the worst even in the last two months. It's actually pretty ok, you're introduction has been pretty scummy.

That said, for now, UNVOTE: mastina
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:55 am

Post by davesaz »

So you use this broken technology for what reason?
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:57 am

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 383, Saudade wrote:No i am also a variable in itself because I interact with the other 20 variables
You should be a constant not a variable to yourself, unless you are expecting your alignment to be switched during the course of the day. I mean, play according to your current alignment and eat the rope already. :twisted:

Also, regarding your signature.. so you mean Ultravox' Vienna (which is actually a girl's name) or Falco's Vienna (calling) which is the capital of Austria?? :P
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 485, mastina wrote:I know ETL AtEs as both alignments and her AtE this game didn't feel town at all; it felt particularly 'fake', for lack of a better word--maybe overblown would be better? In that I have little doubts ETL felt emotions, but her posting here felt like it was overplaying them, for lack of better terminology. Forcing the feelings, I guess you could say.
Even as scum, I don't fake feelings. I feel what I feel, and you of all people should know better than to post this. You have even said in other games where you were actually town, that my emotions are NAI, so now suddenly it is? BS. This is how I know you're scum. When you try to twist what you know of my meta in order to convince people who don't that what you're saying is correct when you know it isn't. << That's the kind of shit that makes me angry.
Art is cool.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 490, davesaz wrote:So you use this broken technology for what reason?
In protest.

I want to fix it but I don't know how. Some day I will get off my ass and do it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 457, Hoctac wrote:
In post 452, Flavor Leaf wrote:Note to self, Hoctac is extremely not self aware.
What you trying to say, Flovor Lof?
Pretty sure i said exactly what i meant to say. I’m not very subtle
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:00 am

Post by mastina »

In post 489, Miss Lane wrote:3. This wagon is not objectively one of the worst even in the last two months. It's actually pretty ok, you're introduction has been pretty scummy.
X

This has been, by far, one of the most obvtown games of mine all year; I literally never get more obviously town than I am this game.
Aside from that, yes, the wagon is objectively shit:
In post 427, Vecna wrote:
In post 394, mastina wrote:Quick question; is this a game everyone is treating dead seriously or is it a game people are kinda going to meme about and not take too seriously? Asking because it makes a difference in how much effort I put in. I kinda assumed this game was the latter and am going in with that expectation, but if it's the former I'll need to shape up and put some more work in.
oh yes, here go
one of the three
Vecna's reason for voting me is literally nonsense; he's quoting a post of mine and making a comment that makes no sense and that's his reason for voting me.
In post 429, Saudade wrote:VOTE: mastina
i've never seen more transparent scum posting ever in my life
Saudade blatantly OMGUS'd me calling him scum with this.
In post 435, Auro wrote:VOTE: Mastina
Sheeping Saudade
Auro is explicitly sheeping the OMGUS vote from Saudade.
In post 436, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Hi mastina welcome to the game! So glad you rolled scum. Haven’t you learned by now? I know you know my town game. It hasn’t changed at all. You come in saying you’re going to take this less than seriously and then fall right back into your scum game :] saying I’m scum day one has always been your tell lol
ETL, like Saudade, is making a pretty blatant OMGUS vote.
In post 480, Null Vote wrote:VOTE: mastina
Explicitly a vote for a wagon for the sake of voting for a wagon.

So I stand by my original assessment.
The wagon is one of the worst wagons of 2020, period.
50 Judge Powers
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
50 Judge Powers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:07 am

Post by 50 Judge Powers »

In post 390, Saudade wrote:btw i didnt read the game/setup details, is this a scum vs town or scum vs town vs zombies(infected) or something?
Knew it! :facepalm: I actually thought about PMing the mod when I saw you sign in, but the jerk in me thought I shouldn't be a jerk about it (talk about oxymorons)

VOTE: Saudade

You can walk back to Vienna for all I care.
This is a hydra of
one tricky monkey
a tough guy
&
a flirt :P
Elements
Elements
they/she/it
Bloop
Elements
they/she/it
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: they/she/it

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Elements »

In post 495, mastina wrote: This has been, by far, one of the most obvtown games of mine all year; I literally never get more obviously town than I am this game.
this is blatantly not true or not so many people would think you're scum no?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Miss Lane »

Your assessment is objectively wrong, mastina, and I don't think I've ever seen you hold so strongly to something so obviously logically incorrect (although I guess I haven't known you for long). You may be townie compared to yourself (I don't know you well enough to tell), but you haven't been townie when measured with the standard of the average player.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 10:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 497, Elements wrote:
In post 495, mastina wrote:This has been, by far, one of the most obvtown games of mine all year; I literally never get more obviously town than I am this game.
this is blatantly not true or not so many people would think you're scum no?
It absolutely is true--the last time I was this obvtown was in Alisae versus Pine.
I can be obvtown and still be wagoned; the presence of a wagon (or even a lynch) doesn't mean I wasn't obvtown--it means the wagon is just. that. shit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”