Hoctac (2): davesaz (), Tchill13 ()
5G Tower (0):
Vecna (2): Nero Cain (), Alchemist21 ()
No łynch (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Elements (2): No łynch (), Auro ()
Flavor Leaf (0):
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (2): mastina (), Hoctac ()
mastina (4): Saudade (), EspeciallyTheLies (), Elements (), Quick ()
Miss Lynch (0):
Tchill13 (1): farside22 ()
Saudade (1): 50 Judge Powers ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (7): momo, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Aristophanes, Flavor Leaf (), Miss Lynch (), Vecna ()

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.

4. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
5. Please keep animated GIFs and videos spoilered as a courtesy to other users.
6. Creature replaces momo.
7. Prodding Jake the Wolfie (1d 11h). He has (expired on 2020-05-08 18:10:00) to respond.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 723, davesaz wrote:This seems weird. I looked at the page containing 443 and there was a discussion on the topic of that post.
It's like by 456 that you forgot the conversation you just had.
or, I had the conversation anyways and then went back and asked him a q about it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 722, farside22 wrote:I'm seeing a lot of nonsense that I can't relate anything too.
Are you getting / seeing any replies to the things that you do question?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

What the hell is that VC?

Why is it so varied?

Why are there so many 0's?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:37 am

Post by davesaz »

Seems pretty easy to read.
How much of the game have you paid attention to?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Elements »

VOTE: hoctac
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

At least the rules.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Voted replaces No łynch.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Voted »

Uhhh, 30 pages. Do I really have to catch up?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 702, farside22 wrote:okay had coffee, woke up and thought about this game. It isn't normal. I came at this as scum hunting, looking for scum and trying to find things that pinged me like normal.
The issue is that many players are playing really weird. There is a number of them that just do whatever and don't care.
I realized with scum infecting players that just acting out leaves no room for a good read and I thought why wouldn't scum do that? Hide amoung those that do nothing.
So I got my list together; did some iso and would lynch among the following:

Hotac, 5G, Jake the Wolf (actively lurking) Flavor Leaf, Tchill (This one has more of my attention because I see he has serious comment but then votes are not matching reads and he follows wagons).

No read: Ari, momo (probably needs to be replaced as I didn't see he was posting anywhere), 50 Judge
im developing reads and looking at reactions, especially as early as it was when i was last active.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Hoctac »

You're surely the same person as No łynch.

I trust 5G Tower with my life. Only until 6G is a thing though.
not yet sentient
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 562, Saudade wrote:anyways mastina scum slipped when she asked whether this game is a joke/serious to mask her indecisiveness to post in this game only to then serious post for the next page
In post 563, Saudade wrote:It's a psychological slip and nothing will make me unvote this slot I think
I dont like this, if you're being serious.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 735, Hoctac wrote:You're surely the same person as No łynch.

I trust 5G Tower with my life. Only until 6G is a thing though.
Well who knows when that’s gonna be?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 603, mastina wrote:
In post 521, davesaz wrote:1) how you can have that many reads so early if it's serious?
How could I not?

People have posted. Almost the entire playerlist in fact.

You can develop reads off of as little as one post--when almost every slot in the game has
more
than one post, and I have experience with a fair number of these players, again. How could I
not
have serious reads on them?

The scumreads are, rather notably, much much much weaker compared to the opposite-end-of-the-scale townreads, because it is much easier to get good early townreads than good early scumreads, but overall all of the reads (especially the town ones) pretty much all feel good, all feel
right

...Plus. I'm pretty much a player whose strength lies in pretty much the beginning, or very end, of the game with almost no in-between. If I am good in the earlygame I won't be good in the midgame and frequently won't be good in the lategame with me having done all the good I will do; if I am good in the lategame, it's because I sucked ass in the midgame and probably am alive only through having been trash in the earlygame too.

But, being good in the earlygame is happening to me much much much more often than anything else because, I dunno. Just ease of getting reads easily? Heck if I know where the success comes from, it just
does
I dont mind mastina having such detailed reads so early, but its only because of her reputation. I understand Dave's issue with it as normally I would agree but I think mastina's rep has earned her the ability to justify such in depth reads so early. I don't give this benefit of the doubt to many players fyi.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:01 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 615, mastina wrote:
In post 598, Quick wrote:@mastina, flesh out your FL read because that cannot be read at this point IMO.
I'm honestly not sure how to. It's basically just, what I think based off of FL being FL. He's not being hyper-invested in this game, not being hyper-active, not being hyper-strong, whatever you'd like to say.

So given that, there's two possible worlds:
FL is not invested as town,
Or FL is not invested as scum.

Those two are the only two scenarios possible here, because FL is self-evidently not strongly invested (at least not yet).

FL has gotten sick of drawing scum, so there's a precedent for him possibly not being invested as scum--
however
, even when FL is sick of drawing scum, my memory is that he's usually still more active than he is in this game even with him having drawn an alignment he's tired of playing. More than that, I'm not even sure he's tired of drawing scum anymore, because it's been a while since he constantly rolled scum, and that break might've been enough to reset the metric and make him no longer sick of it.

Between those things, I more or less think it far more likely that FL is just not invested as town, because FL as town
can
have games where he's not very invested. It's not an absolute though because I obviously could be mistaken about things regarding FL. Life circumstances, his mindset, his attitude, the exact specifics of his meta, etc. There's lots of things which make the theory not absolute, thus, not a stronger townread but enough of a townread where I don't think he needs focus any time soon.
after a while the only way you can play if you're rep has such an effect on how you're played with is to just sit back early as either alignment. The past few times I've played with him he's not been invested much at all early game.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:04 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 638, 5G Tower wrote:
Quick, your salt dries and hardens my sturdy pole.
I will never die.
While you babble on about reads and who's this or who's that, there is a war brewing in your cells.
I am...zzz.z..z...z.z..z.zz..z..z.z..Spanos!
Get it? Because my glorious 5G Network spans across the globe?
Damn, I'm good.
Except, who the fuck still cares about The Avengers?
Fuck it, I'm not Spanos. I'm 5G Tower, that shits threatening enough.
I mean, why mess with a classic, right?
we can lynch this. Just another schtick for someone who doenst know how to play with real content when they roll scum so they fluff as either alignment to get by 24/7.

unless someone has history with this player and can dispute my statement?
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 650, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:And my excitement was and is genuine considering this is my first non newbie game in like 3 years. I was invited, saw the player list, and the proposed theme, and was very much looking forward to the game. My excitement was shot down as “not optimal town play” and I’ve lost my desire to be heavily involved this day phase. If you think you can argue that’s alignment indicative you need to re-evaluate your methods of pushing mislynches.
its an easy out d1 if you did roll scum. Its justifiable AtE.

if you rolled town I'd hope you can look past the early stuff and play with the same vigor.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I feel like conventional wisdom says that hotac and 5g would
NOT
play this poorly as town but then there is that sliver of doubt that they are just scum that are posting yet adding nothing to the game. Lynching them would be mostly a policy lynch, imo.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 390, Saudade wrote:btw i didnt read the game/setup details, is this a scum vs town or scum vs town vs zombies(infected) or something?
How is reading the setup more work that writing this post and reading replies?

:evil:
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 710, Nero Cain wrote:Why has Vecna disappeared? Who, besides me, would lynch farside?
whats the issue with farside? I like what I've seen from them so far.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 742, Nero Cain wrote:I feel like conventional wisdom says that hotac and 5g would
NOT
play this poorly as town but then there is that sliver of doubt that they are just scum that are posting yet adding nothing to the game. Lynching them would be mostly a policy lynch, imo.
im not gonna get into the stupid argument i always get into about ppl getting a pass for playing purposefully dumb 24/7, but I understand.

even if they were to roll scum id argue theyre more inclined to play that way due to the amount of good players in here.

perfect candidates to infect as they'll probably not get lynched.

but at the end of the day its a policy I suppose.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 744, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 710, Nero Cain wrote:Why has Vecna disappeared? Who, besides me, would lynch farside?
whats the issue with farside? I like what I've seen from them so far.
In post 720, Nero Cain wrote:your posting is hollow. I see alot of questions that make you look busy and a few vote hops but I don't really feel like you are scumhunting.

and she herself doesn't really have a problem with it so....
In post 722, farside22 wrote:
In post 720, Nero Cain wrote:your posting is hollow. I see alot of questions that make you look busy and a few vote hops but I don't really feel like you are scumhunting.
Thats fair.

I'm seeing a lot of nonsense that I can't relate anything too. The few that are more serious were easier to question but I didn't really see anything wrong with the response. So yeah I am lost. Went back to think why this game reads so weird.
I'm sticking with tchill for reasons stated and im getting the impression I'm small in a sea of loud noises not progressing the game or giving feedback.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 377, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 359, farside22 wrote:
In post 354, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 352, farside22 wrote:
In post 351, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:what are the chances momo 5G and mastina are the scums? Confirmed but not posted...?
I heard mastina was having internet issues.
Whats your thought on hotoc?
He's got the vi read for me.
I don’t think that fits the posts. What I’m seeing is fluff and non-game-moving posts. Meaningless content. Looking active rather than being active. That speaks to scum motivation to me.
Been there, seen it. Usually I see scum pushing for lynches of fluffy posters.
Yeah... no. Either you’re scumhunting or you’re not town. Period.
Well... ETL is null for me. mainly because iv'e seen this mindset mixed with an easily rageable personality b4 and its pretty easy to fake rage as scum when it is constantly spewed as town for this person.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Tchill13 »

@nero would you consider my early game actual scum hunting opposed to farside's?

I liked farside mainly due to the questions early game. If farside thinks they were hollow im not sure if I should have liked farside that much for them.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 745, Tchill13 wrote:im not gonna get into the stupid argument i always get into about ppl getting a pass for playing purposefully dumb 24/7, but I understand.
like I agree with you 100% and I'd shed 0 tears if either was the lynch today but there
ARE
alot of bad players that play like this and you (general) have to be conscious of this. Like we can't really spend the next 3 days policy lynching hotac, 56 and Jake.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”