SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

I actually kind of dislike this megaspam from Lucky
I find it tends to be a scum tactic often (like "I made a lot of "content" therefore i'm town"
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 824, LuckyLuciano wrote:If this was partition mafia and there was a group consisting of {Brass, Zulfy, Quick, Looker, Hoctac}, that group would be lynched and hit at least 2 mafia.
ofc those are the five most suspected slots universally
what's the point of this post?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:31 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 822, SirCakez wrote:Lucky stop spamming jeez
gather your thoughts in one or two posts, you literally just posted by yourself for two pages
But Clidd insists that a player's post count variations between games is a legitimate meta read so I had to get back into my town range before Clidd applies that read to my slot.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:32 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 825, SirCakez wrote:I actually kind of dislike this megaspam from Lucky
I find it tends to be a scum tactic often (like "I made a lot of "content" therefore i'm town"
Oh, you already figured me out.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:34 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 826, SirCakez wrote:
In post 824, LuckyLuciano wrote:If this was partition mafia and there was a group consisting of {Brass, Zulfy, Quick, Looker, Hoctac}, that group would be lynched and hit at least 2 mafia.
It's just contextualizing my views. I think one of Hoctac and Quick is always scum. I think if town!Hoctac, then one of Brass and Zulfy is always scum. I think if town!Quick, Looker is most likely scum.

Anyhoo, I'm all caught up, so VOTE: Quick.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:39 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Had to do a double check back to Hungarian Music where I played with Cakez and we were both town. I remembered my initial catchup post being a chain-of-consciousness spam and he didn't have a problem with it there, so him having a problem with it here pinged me. In that game ~3 other players were active at the time of my spam so it looked less spammy even though it was equally spammy. That makes him not liking my catch-up here NAI. However, I noticed something he did there that he's done here that I think is really nuanced and possibly a town tell that I need to verify against his scum games. @Cakez, can you link me one of your scum games so I can confirm that I've found a town tell from you? Thanks.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=82341
This is my only recent one
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:50 am

Post by Ircher »

Day 1 VC #22

Umlaut (0):
clidd (0):
Hoctac (1): brassherald ()
Zulfy (0):
Ame (0):
Looker (2): Reundo (), Quick ()
valoneast (0):
brassherald (4): farside22 (), Ame (), Zulfy (), Hoctac ()

LuckyLuciano (0):
farside22 (0):
Quick (3): SirCakez (), Looker (), LuckyLuciano ()
SirCakez (0):
Not Voting (3): valoneast (), clidd (), Umlaut ()

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
2. This game will use a combination of manual and automated votecounts. (The automated ones are made using MathBlade's Vote Scrubber.) I will mainly start by posting an automated votecount and then edit in a manual one later. This allows me to spot errors in the automated votecount as well as build the voting history for the game.
Please note the prod timers. You will be prodded after 32 hours on Tuesday-Friday.

4. farside22 is V/LA until Monday.
Last edited by Ircher on Sat May 09, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 3:52 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

I did a quick skim of your ISO, thank you for providing that game. Sample size is small, but the nuance that I saw both here and in Hungarian Music that looks like a towntell did not appear in that scum game, and the way you interacted with people in the scum game leads me to believe that it wouldn't appear in your scum games. I might do more research on it later, but I'm catching up elsewhere atm and you're a townread on me anyway independent of the new possible towntell.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Looker »

In post 746, Quick wrote:If you cannot understand simple English, perhaps you should do some more reading?

"I don't understand what you are saying" should not mean, "You are Scum because I don't understand you"

How many games do you have under your belt
?
  • You're trying to insult me, and you should stop.
    • Also, if I couldn't understand a language, what use would it be to keep repeating it? Isn't the natural progression to ask for clarification?
  • I
    do
    understand what you're saying - I just don't understand why a town player would do and say what you've done and said.
  • This
    is another distraction like the fight club thing - what does my game count have to do with the questions I'm asking you?
In post 747, Quick wrote:Okay, he's a vet. That means he is forcing me to spill my guts.

Good luck, I would rather do this:

VOTE: Looker

Because he cannot think hard enough to understand what I have written.
  • I don't understand why asking you questions would be forcing you to do anything, but, even so, what information would you be in possession of that you didn't want me to have? If you're an Informed Townie and you've already informed the town, what other information would you have? You're lying, aren't you?
  • Good luck with what? You'd rather vote me than to talk to me? What threat do I pose to you that this would be your course of action?
  • Also, you're voting me not because you think I'm scum, but because you think I'm dumb? Does that mean that you think I'm an easy target?
In post 764, Hoctac wrote:Should I do more cases? I feel this is enough for now.
If you're offering, can you do one on Reundo, farside22, and SirCakez?
In post 800, farside22 wrote:
v/la till monday
How many scum do you feel are in the neighborhood?
In post 823, SirCakez wrote:
In post 747, Quick wrote:Okay, he's a vet. That means he is forcing me to spill my guts.

Good luck, I would rather do this:

VOTE: Looker

Because he cannot think hard enough to understand what I have written.
this post is junk
what even is that reasoning for a vote?
RIGHT?!?!?
In post 825, SirCakez wrote:I actually kind of dislike this megaspam from Lucky
Agreed.
In post 826, SirCakez wrote:
Man, I like you. Quick question, though: Do you think you know why yourself, Reundo, and farside22 have been able to avoid votes/suspicions? Do you feel other people are just scummier?

• I remember, Clidd - I replaced Doctor Drew
  • @Reundo: I didn't consider it sudden. Sudden, to me, would be going to 16 posts from 6 after someone mentioned my activity. Either way, I'm still reading and there's more than one mafia. Unless you're telling me that Hoctac, LuckyLuciano, and Quick are all town?
    • And that question "Are Reundo, Farside22, and SirCakez all guaranteed town?", I posed to the town.
      @Town: Are Reundo, Farside22, and SirCakez all guaranteed town?
    • Are there any specific posts I can reference to back up your vague, subjectively worded reads?
  • @Umlaut: What was bad about my post? Specifically, what was worse about it than the Quick post it was referencing, which you didn't mention?
  • @LuckyLuciano: So, if Quick is town, both Hoctac and I are scum together?
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:02 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Yeah, probably. So let's lynch Quick, flip him
red
and pretend it clears you.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Quick

I like a lot of Lucky's points here.
In post 834, Looker wrote:@Umlaut: What was bad about my post? Specifically, what was worse about it than the Quick post it was referencing, which you didn't mention?
Quick's post had a vote and some sort of read, and yours had neither, so yours is 100% worse.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Looker »

What exactly was Quick's "read"? Other than I'm dumb?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Looker »

And any specific point of Lucky's, or just "a lot of" them?
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Hoctac »

VOTE: Quick

We're back in business.
not yet sentient
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 837, Looker wrote:What exactly was Quick's "read"? Other than I'm dumb?
I didn't say Quick's post was like brilliant scumhunting (you may notice I'm voting him now), but it appeared to me he was saying you were fabricating a reason to scumread him by feigning inability to understand his posts.
In post 838, Looker wrote:And any specific point of Lucky's, or just "a lot of" them?
There were a lot of posts, I need to go read all of them and put together responses to which points I liked, about to do that.
In post 839, Hoctac wrote:VOTE: Quick

We're back in business.
This makes me feel less paranoid about Hoctac. Especially if Quick flips red, but a little even if not.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Looker »

In post 839, Hoctac wrote:VOTE: Quick

We're back in business.
Why

Also, in your opinion, what's the likelihood of brass and quick being scum together?

Also, @Umlaut: My post right before that one had reads and a post, so why say anything at all if you're not going to reference it? Do you see how you could come off as scummily subjective?

VOTE: brassherald
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Looker »

@Umlaut: And you bought Quick's assertion that I was fabricating a scumread despite what I referenced in the post I voted him?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 am

Post by Looker »

I'm just trying to figure out why you were on Quick's side.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:13 am

Post by Looker »

In post 841, Looker wrote:scummily
subjective
?
*selective
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 841, Looker wrote:Also, @Umlaut: My post right before that one had reads and a post, so why say anything at all if you're not going to reference it? Do you see how you could come off as scummily subjective?
I don't know, your response to the post bothered me whereas your previous post I just barely cared about at all when I read it. If you think that's scummy of me then don't try to convince me of that, vote me or something.
In post 842, Looker wrote:@Umlaut: And you bought Quick's assertion that I was fabricating a scumread despite what I referenced in the post I voted him?
I wouldn't say I bought it, but people do that sort of thing all the time ("you can't possibly fail to understand me because I'm everything I write is infinitely clear, so you must be scum") so I didn't make anything of it.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Umlaut »

Also your predecessor was pretty suspect so you kind of have to carry that, whereas I was townreading Klick/Quick at the time, so I'm not going to deny that could influence my reading.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Reundo »

In post 821, LuckyLuciano wrote:I wouldn't say Quick has ignored questions about his role. He's been absent since the questions appeared. Also, I still don't see how town!Quick immediately gravitates towards a Hoctac vote over any other member of the hood, especially given that he hadn't read any content yet. I think you have to make far more concessions to say that Quick RNG'd his eventual scumread, and found him scummy every step of the way as town than as mafia.
Those questions were asked before he made that Looker vote, so yeah I would say they were ignored, or at least missed. I could easily see it as just an RVS vote from town!Quick initially (albeit informed since he'd know there were scum in the neighborhood so he'd be more inclined to vote in there), and as Hoctac was especially controversial early on I don't find it implausible that he'd "RNG" into his scum-read. And I'm not sure why scum!Quick would be inclined to be so stubborn about their initial vote that they felt they had to contextualize Hoctac's posts as coming from scum, he could've easily decided to just change his mind or move his vote if scum!him felt it wasn't the best course of action, so I don't find that very convincing.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

Actually, before I do that, I noticed something
In post 755, Ame wrote:lol i c
Do we believe this is a soft (well, not that soft I guess)? I have a real reason for asking this but I'd rather people answer this before I say the reason.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 848, Umlaut wrote:Actually, before I do that,
"that" being go through Lucky's posts all over again to give my impressions
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”