Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Apothecary »

Right, a Day one Lynch is bad. Is it me, or has Sun Tzu not posted for several days?
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 am

Post by Skruffs »

BTW:
IF the mafia want a good night choice, they should probably kill people who are actively agreeing witht hem vs the traditionall killing of people who oppose them. tHE jester is much more likely trying to avoid being NK'd while acting scummy so is trying to find and act like he's one of the goons.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wow, the Rishi wagon dried up, and I actually understand what he's saying now, even if I somewhat disagree with it.
unvote
. I personally hold you should lynch scum no matter what. And that involves trying to find scum no matter what. This act like a jester thing seems to be something that would cause noise and affect our scum hunting. Can someone PLEASE tell me why this is even a halfway good idea? I mean, I've read every post and so far it's only saying killing the jester gives the mafia an advantage. Um, wouldn't focusing on killing the mafia NOT give them an advantage? I guess I want a better explanation.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Crazy »

Skruffs wrote:tHE jester is much more likely trying to avoid being NK'd while acting scummy so is trying to find and act like he's one of the goons.
Woah, you sure know a lot about people's motives... you think everyone acts with a load of WIFOM like that?
FoS Skruffs
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:38 am

Post by Skruffs »

THat was in regards to the person who has the role jester, not the playe r"The Jester".
And yes, I speculate a lot abou setups. Day one is the very best time for speculation. You get reactions and then later on you can look at how people reacted.

If you guys wante d to, I Could go through the game and pull out more than half the players actions that are considered jesterable. Some of htem have to be town. On the other hand, who is trying to appear the most townie?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote:Can someone PLEASE tell me why this is even a halfway good idea? I mean, I've read every post and so far it's only saying killing the jester gives the mafia an advantage. Um, wouldn't focusing on killing the mafia NOT give them an advantage? I guess I want a better explanation.
How do you tell the difference between Mafia and a jester?

Of course we want to catch the Mafia, but what traits does the Mafia exhibit that the jester does not?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Apothecary
Apothecary
Goon
Apothecary
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:46 am

Post by Apothecary »

Well, Mafia are people who craft their posts to seem innocent, while Jesters often fake their posts to poorly hide a fake scumtell.

Townies are people who only have to worry about saying something that SEEMS scummy.
Show
Snake, snake, Cobra, Cobra...
----------------------------
Total:
Killed (Night): one
Lynched: None
Won: Once (rather epicly!)
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Rishi »

Apothecary wrote:Well, Mafia are people who craft their posts to seem innocent, while Jesters often fake their posts to poorly hide a fake scumtell.

Townies are people who only have to worry about saying something that SEEMS scummy.
Was asking forbiddan [sic]. Still would like her to answer.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Of course we want to catch the Mafia, but what traits does the Mafia exhibit that the jester does not?
Mafia want to look good. Though they might use the jester as an excuse to let themselves slip a bit. But either way, the mafia still can be caught through their actions, even with a jester mixing things up. If you have everyone acting jesterish, i.e., scummy, then you are creating a lot of noise for the mafia to hide it. I don't like that plan at all.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Rishi »

forbiddanlight wrote: Mafia want to look good. Though they might use the jester as an excuse to let themselves slip a bit. But either way, the mafia still can be caught through their actions, even with a jester mixing things up. If you have everyone acting jesterish, i.e., scummy, then you are creating a lot of noise for the mafia to hide it. I don't like that plan at all.
So, if Mafia wants to look good but might slip on occasion, why have all your votes been for people who have been acting jestery? Shouldn't you be looking for people who are trying to act like town but failing?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

So, if Mafia wants to look good but might slip on occasion, why have all your votes been for people who have been acting jestery? Shouldn't you be looking for people who are trying to act like town but failing?
Because honestly, things taken as scummy aren't necessarily what all scum do. It's basically you see things and if they don't sound pro town, they are scummy. The people I have voted for (with the exception of Crazy as a joke) have all not been pro town. While a jester might do this, not all people acting scummy can be jesters. So I figure out which seems more like genuine failed attempts at pro townness compared to actual out the gate anti pro townness to get lynched. You definitely felt like the former. Skruffs kinda does too. Xtoxtm feels most jestery. And cr3t1n just sucks.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Crazy »

Skruffs wrote:THat was in regards to the person who has the role jester, not the playe r"The Jester".
And yes, I speculate a lot abou setups. Day one is the very best time for speculation. You get reactions and then later on you can look at how people reacted.
Oh, duh, I'm an idiot.
UnFoS
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Skruffs »

You're not an idiot.. I used "The Jester", not "A jester",a nd the name and role are going to get mixed up.
AT LEAST AS LONG AS JESTER IS ALIVE... or the jester.. or both...
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Rishi »

Skruffs wrote:You're not an idiot.. I used "The Jester", not "A jester",a nd the name and role are going to get mixed up.
AT LEAST AS LONG AS JESTER IS ALIVE... or the jester.. or both...
Are you hinting at something?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

K, here's what we do. The Jester=scummer. the jester=role. Sound good?
-StrangerCoug

The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by The Jester »

Now you know why I got in this game. :P
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well, jester speculation aside, where do we stand on D1 lynch?

Personally, I don't see much. I've pointed out some small catches on Apo but that is about all that I am seeing right now.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I can happily go with Sun...

vote Sun Tzu
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sun Tzu....

Lurking probably means lack of interest which probably means not the jester.

It's a "safe" lynch in that sense.

Maybe scum, maybe town. I can see it as a deadline lynch but no more than that.
If we don't come up with much better, my vote may be placed here later on.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Interesting two posts there KMD. I'll explain why in the .morning
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Skruffs, if you are going to say that it is the jester speculation thing, I mean we shouldn't look into who we think IS the jester, I am saying that Sun Tzu probably isn't so we should be safe lynching them.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:14 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Skruffs wrote:I say he's a red herring based on the spurring of Xtoxm's "he must die" post, the close-to-deadline building trigger happiness of the players voting him, and the lack of discussion about his post. People want to lynch someone day one, and it is falling quickly on Rishi. I find it unlikely that Rishi is more likely to be mafia than Xtoxm, at this juncture.
You're not usually going to find someone who is more likely to be mafia than town on day one. You lynch whoever you think has the highest chance of being scum.
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu
Goon
Sun Tzu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:30 am

Post by Sun Tzu »

Kmd4390 wrote:Skruffs, if you are going to say that it is the jester speculation thing, I mean we shouldn't look into who we think IS the jester, I am saying that Sun Tzu probably isn't so we should be safe lynching them.
You think I'm probably not the jester. You're right, but your reasoning is wrong. If I was the jester I wouldn't post today, I would just get lynched for "lurking."

We're safer lynching Rishi since we know he's not the Jester. Also, the act jestery plan is retarded and a lot of what rishi is saying makes no sense at all. The town can't make plans based on a guess of how the scum might play. Acting jestery is stupid.

I don't understand why everyone unvoted because Rishi isn't the Jester. That makes him more likely to be scum. Even a random lynch of someone we are sure is not the jester is a good day 1 lynch.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:53 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

L/A today.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Crazy »

Sun Tzu wrote:You think I'm probably not the jester. You're right, but your reasoning is wrong. If I was the jester I wouldn't post today, I would just get lynched for "lurking."
Lol, was that why you're not posting? Because you're
The Jester
the jester?
Sun Tzu wrote:We're safer lynching Rishi since we know he's not the Jester. Also, the act jestery plan is retarded and a lot of what rishi is saying makes no sense at all. The town can't make plans based on a guess of how the scum might play. Acting jestery is stupid.
I don't agree with the plan myself, but I understand where they were coming from. And you must agree that Rishi's earlier actions do look intentionally scummy.
Sun Tzu wrote: I don't understand why everyone unvoted because Rishi isn't the Jester. That makes him more likely to be scum. Even a random lynch of someone we are sure is not the jester is a good day 1 lynch.
Rishi is looking quite pro-town, even though the last time I said that he turned up scum. I don't think he's a good lynch for today. I'd rather lynch cr3t1in, to be honest.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”