Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3225 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Nahdia »

in what way?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3226 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

typically when you accuse people of having barren isos they cant also be accused of having overjustified cases
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3227 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Nahdia »

overjustified might have been the wrong way to word that. my point is that his scumread of mastina is presented as if it's concrete. he deathtunnels it until he loses interest later on.

and by barren i just meant like... i mean look at it. most of it is just filler. and not towny filler (though auro would disagree i suppose).
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3228 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

VOTE: saudade

ur case is utter shite but its the best case ive read so far

my dms are open
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #3229 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Nahdia »

heck yea we take those.

-Zaphkael, 2020
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3230 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 3228, OkaPoka wrote:VOTE: saudade

my dms are open
Hey Oka.
I’m sorta lazy but can you look at Hoctac’s ISO and tell me exactly what his case his on my processors slot.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3231 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 3230, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:

my dms are open
Hey Oka.
I’m sorta lazy but can you look at Hoctac’s ISO and tell me exactly what his case his on my processors slot.
what
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3232 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Quick »

my dms are open
In post 3229, Nahdia wrote:VOTE: saudade

heck yea we take those.
This makes me happy in the pants

VOTE: Saudade
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3233 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3220, Nahdia wrote:question extends to you ari. Would you be willing to go to Saudade? I would feel a lot better there, to tell the truth.
I would!

My preferred lynches for today are Saudade, Jake, and mastina. If you move I will happily join you :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3234 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh, I'm late to the party! XD

- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3235 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #9

Auro (0):
Hoctac (3): davesaz (), Flavor Leaf (), TrueSoulEnergy ()
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (0):
Aristophanes (2): Alchemist21 (), mastina ()
Quick (3): 50 Judge Powers (), Saudade (), gobbledygook ()
TrueSoulEnergy (1): Voted ()
Voted (1): Jake the Wolfie ()
Alchemist21 (1): Hoctac ()
Nahdia (1): Auro ()
Flavor Leaf (0):
davesaz (1): Nero Cain ()
mastina (1): Tchill13 ()
Tchill13 (1): Creature ()
Saudade (4): OkaPoka (), Nahdia (), Quick (), Aristophanes ()
Not Voting (1): 5G Tower

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
4. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
Last edited by Covid 19 on Mon May 18, 2020 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3236 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3234, Aristophanes wrote:Oh, I'm late to the party! XD

Did I say Ari was Town yet? Yeah? Like 10 times already? Okay, thanks.

Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3237 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Hoctac »

I'd feel bad lynching Saudade because he's in the townbloc but tbh he might be scum
not yet sentient
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3238 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3237, Hoctac wrote:I'd feel bad lynching Saudade because he's in the townbloc but tbh he might be scum
Okay so uh, read that back again slowly, then join us :)
- Jingle
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3239 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Fine. If Saudade is scum, my townreads on 5G and Jake will strengthen tenfold.
not yet sentient
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3240 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3190, Creature wrote:
In post 2830, Tchill13 wrote:like I pointed out it was the lack of scum motivation with ETL that made her town. VOTE: mastina
Still up for this, Tchill?
ofc

VOTE: mastina
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3241 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Creature »

Sigh
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3242 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3240, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 2830, Tchill13 wrote:like I pointed out it was the lack of scum motivation with ETL that made her town. VOTE: mastina
ofc

This is going to need some explaining and not the NAI kind...

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3243 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 3227, Nahdia wrote:overjustified might have been the wrong way to word that.
my point is that his scumread of mastina is presented as if it's concrete. he deathtunnels it until he loses interest later on.

and by barren i just meant like... i mean look at it.
most of it is just filler.
and not towny filler (though auro would disagree i suppose)
This is very typical Saudade play. I invite you to pick out any of his completed games, and see for yourself that he exhibits a God complex while switching here and there, with ample amounts of self-aggrandizing "filler". :P

However hmm I can join the wagon for the lulz, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3244 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 3240, Tchill13 wrote:
ofc

Case pl0x, unless I missed it - it's time for a SERIOUS discussion!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3245 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2863, davesaz wrote:I'm not that interested in your self meta. Showing you have had a lackluster game does nothing to prove that you're not scum posting up a storm in this game.
Sure! But it does show a precedence. It shows a tendency. It sets a record for comparison, which means you've got to ask yourself which is more likely:
Am I scum who, randomly, in spite of having no such scumgames this calendar year, randomly and for no discernible reason, stepped it up this game, something which is particularly jarring given my real-life circumstances incentivize me to be a lurksack (basically, killer depression makes every day a struggle since every day I am having a hard time, something which is easily confirmed by multiple different sources), scum who randomly decided to step up in spite of having every reason not to, for apparently no reason, when I have previously shown I do not have that track record as scum...

...OR, am I town who is playing in the exact same way literally every single towngame of mine has been this year?

Ask me to compare my play from this game to any other towngame I've had in the last two years and there's dozens which match my level of investment and activity and all-around push. Ask me to compare my play from this game to any scumgame I've had in the last two years and none come even remotely close, not a single one.

It is true, yes, I
could
step up my scumgame in any given game.

But the balance of probability suggests that the strong track record I have implies that, no, I won't. This isn't a trust tell, because at any point, as you so mention, I
could
break from the mold as scum. (Not to mention, it's not a conscious choice; trust tells require deliberately sabotaging your play as one alignment to bolster the other and that requires deliberate choice; this isn't one.) But, it's still a very strong, very reliable, way of tracking my alignment in 2020.
In post 2864, Quick wrote:Self meta is Scummy.
If my meta were not so critical an indicator of my alignment and such a strong way of proving my town, I'd not bring it up, but it actually really just IS that strong of an indicator. And if any other player were to do the meta research so it wouldn't be self-meta, they'd quickly verify it. It's not like I'm making unverifiable statements.

In my self-meta, I'm not making statements that aren't backed by examples, aren't backed by evidence. In my self-meta, I'm not going, "you should KNOW this is my towngame", and leaving it as that vague generic statement--I'm backing it up with actual
facts
and evidence. There's a huge difference between shit like this:
In post 2695, Aristophanes wrote:My scumgame used to be permeated by a lack of actual play and whatnot. That has become my standard as either alignment, and mastina knows this.
...And being able to back it up with examples to demonstrate the differences and similarities between towngames and scumgames.

My towngame is literally night and day different from my scumgame right now.

It
could
change, yes. Magically, mystically, for some unfathomable reason, in this game of all fucking games, in a game I thought was a meme game, I could have randomly decided to suddenly become a tryhard as scum for...some reason which I can't really think of (can't exactly prove my skill as a scum player in a game that is of this nature, so that wouldn't be my reason for tryharding as scum, and yet that's historically the only reason I HAVE tried to tryhard as scum, as proof of my skill at that alignment and this game doesn't have that so fucked if I know what I'd have as motive if not for that).

There's never a world where I can never ever ever be scum who somehow pulled out the performance of a lifetime, no holds barred, full momentum, full time, never relenting, never giving up, pushing from start to finish. There's never a world where that's literally utterly impossible, where there's an absolute 0% chance of that happening.

But like.

It really is just a simple balance of probability; what am I most likely to do as town versus what I am most likely to do as scum.

And right now.
Overwhelmingly.
What I am most likely to do as town is to try, even in scenarios where noone else is; what I am most likely to do as scum is to, with so much as the slightest excuse, put zero effort in and cruise by on the bare minimum required.
In post 2872, Voted wrote:I am also a lurker! Active lurker, but a lurker, nonetheless!
True! You'd be in the list of suspects if not for the fact that you're literally an innocent child. :P

Being an innocent child
pretty
much removes any degree of suspicion on your slot.

You have the profile of the lurkerscum but the inability to actually be lurkerscum--thus, narrows the pool down for who the lurkerscum actually are. (To be honest, you're probably one of the best players to get your role. It'd be a waste on the likes of Nero and such because he'd be obvtown without it. That said, permanent immunity rather than temporary immunity would be useful for power-town players to have.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3246 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2898, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2778, Covid 19 wrote:
Seeking replacements for Elements and Miss Lynch.
this game is a fucking mess.
I mean, those replacements are probably blacklists on TSE, but the replacements before that (farside/Vecna) probably result from some sort of contamination where farside/Vecna both became compromised in some fashion. (Mind you, that says nothing useful for us to know. They could both be scum having learned something they shouldn't, they could both be town having learned something they shouldn't, one could be town and the other scum with them having learned something they shouldn't, one could have learned something about the other from the other that they shouldn't have, and so on and so forth. The point is more or less, those replacements were probably not requests to replace out so much as necessary, but unfortunate, ones, for game integrity. I'm sure we'll learn more about these postgame but until then obviously not something to really discuss much.)

Not gonna lie, this game might have the necessary level of votecounts for the pace, but there's definitely some sloppy/messy/not-optimal modding going on, e.g.:
In post 3100, OkaPoka wrote:
@mod would the infected know they are infected?

Answered via PM.
~Covid 19
There's literally no reason this should ever be answered by PM because it is absolutely something that should either be fully public or fully not public and thus pertinent only to those "in the know". Trying to take a middle ground between the two is worthless because everyone can ask the mod via PM, and simply share their answers, as there is no true way to enforce silence and even if there was, it's shitty moderation to try because it limits the players in an artificial way unconductive to them playing the game.

So basically: yeah it is a mess. Obviously, I reserve the right to retract this conclusion as I am a player; I don't know everything going on, and only the mod does. But I very very VERY strongly suspect that, come postgame, I'll have no need to retract this statement and in fact every reason to reinforce the statement.

(I should also make a note that in my critiques I tend to have a very negative tone about my criticisms, being rather harsh and emphasizing the bad, so I feel the need to make a disclaimer that even if I do conclude precisely the above, that the game had some very messy modding in multiple key areas, I feel the need to point out not everything about this game is bad and there are multiple positives to it, which I could compile a list of postgame. The good and bad go hand-in-hand; I tend to point out the bad because it's in areas where the moderator can improve, but there's still good with it. Just...also bad.)
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3247 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3242, Quick wrote:This is going to need some explaining and not the NAI kind...
correct kind...

fixed it for you :P
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3248 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3245, mastina wrote:killer depression makes every day a struggle since every day I am having a hard time
GL with this btw. Seriously.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3249 (ISO) » Sun May 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 3247, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 3242, Quick wrote:This is going to need some explaining and not the NAI kind...
correct kind...

fixed it for you :P
Congrats that makes no sense.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”