Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3400 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Hoctac »

Meat is one of the best ways to survive in
SCUM
. In order to cook it and eat it, you need to kill it first. Our
SCUM Hunting Guide
will be looking at the easiest way that you can catch some prey and prevent yourself from starving to death.

Our
SCUM Hunting Guide
is your go-to guide on how to find and kill the plethora of animals that are found in the game so that you are able to consume them.

SCUM Hunting

You need to be as effective as you possibly can be since the game gives you a very low amount of ammo and you need to be able to conserve it so that you are able to fend off human players.

This is done by ensuring that you are as close to the animal as you can be before you fire off your first shot. This will give you the absolute maximum chance of success and will save your ammo at the same time.

Track Animals

It is important that you know how integral tracking is to SCUM. Tracking can be used to both save your life as well as chase and hunt down animals. Learn to notice the footprints that different animals leave.

Eventually, you will have an awareness skill good enough to easily spot them from a far and then chase down the animal.

Remember that animals also make a lot of noise when they are moving so keep your headphones on when playing the game and listen intently to the sounds that your prey makes.

Lastly, you can try to follow a blood trail that certain animals will leave behind. The good thing about blood trails is that they are easy to track and have a very high rate of success in finding an animal if the player is skilled enough.

Before we move on, remember that you can go into your ‘Focus Mode’ to have increased fidelity of sound and video in the game. This will allow you to listen for animals much more easily.

How to Hunt Animals

Although you may be able to kill some enemies using just a knife, it is best to find a rifle for long range and a shotgun for close range. Sneak up to the enemy and make sure that you do not make a lot of noise.

Animals usually have a threshold after which they are able to pick up sounds made by you. They also have a line of sight which is very easy to avoid.

Once you have managed to ensure that the animal is dead, go to the body and get the meat along with the skin. The skin of many large animals can be used to make yourself a jacket.

The meat will be used to feed you when you are hungry. You can look at How to Start Fire in SCUM for more information on how to adequately cook the meat.
not yet sentient
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3401 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Quick »

Creature has zero "bite" in any of his posts so he is probably Scum here.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3402 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Quick »

In post 3401, Quick wrote:Creature has zero "bite" in any of his posts so he is probably Scum here.
Not like I actually expect this comment to generate any reactions or anything, just stating a fact.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3403 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Voted »

In post 3395, Hoctac wrote:This is why you're in the townbloc, Voted.
Hilarious.
If Mastina was really misled, it means that she is not mafia.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3404 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 3403, Voted wrote:
In post 3395, Hoctac wrote:This is why you're in the townbloc, Voted.
Hilarious.
If Mastina was really misled, it means that she is not mafia.
I was referring to your wall post, not the Mastina thing lol
not yet sentient
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3405 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Voted »

Nevermind, then.
But Mastina is still likely town. Unfortunately.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3406 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 8:42 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3402, Quick wrote:
In post 3401, Quick wrote:Creature has zero "bite" in any of his posts so he is probably Scum here.
Not like I actually expect this comment to generate any reactions or anything, just stating a fact.
You'll get a reaction anyway.

Unfortunately my experience with Creature is that lacking bite is a universal thing with him.
I used to try to pound on him to get some kind of actual stance on things, without any effect.

The really sad thing is that most people just ignore that his posting totally lacks useful content, and read him based on posting anything->town, not posting->scum.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3407 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3399, Quick wrote:
In post 3382, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 3376, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 3372, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 3370, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 3368, Alchemist21 wrote:The actual content of her posts is Town. She’s laying out every single read in a way that anyone can see the progression and how they’ve developed. I also doubt scum goes this hard on a self meta argument.
scum cant do that? Just because she has more time and effort she's town right? cool.
I mean... yeah lol. You sound unhappy about this development, though. Are you unhappy because of the principle of the reads on Mastina or is it something else?
its a bit annoying that you can just effort your way to town with multiple long posts.

I understand the progressions make sense but if everyone was town for that scum wins would be pretty damn easy.
It’s not about the effort as much as being able to clearly see her thought process, and I don’t see any scum motivation in what she’s saying.
Can you talk a bit more about "reading between the lines" of mastinias posts, because this seems a bit TMI.
Scum Mastina is the type of person to always have some kind of agenda. What scum agenda do you or anyone scumreading her see in her posts?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3408 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3402, Quick wrote:
Is that what you think Mastina is looking for as well?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3409 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Voted »

Mastina would be told by scum chat that I am not an innocent child.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3410 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #11

Creature (1): Quick ()
Auro (0):
Hoctac (3): davesaz (), Flavor Leaf (), TrueSoulEnergy ()
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (0):
Aristophanes (2): Alchemist21 (), mastina ()
Quick (3): 50 Judge Powers (), Saudade (), gobbledygook ()
TrueSoulEnergy (0):
Voted (1): Jake the Wolfie ()
Alchemist21 (0):
Nahdia (0):
Flavor Leaf (0):
davesaz (1): Nero Cain ()
mastina (1): Creature ()
Tchill13 (0):
Saudade (8) (L-3): OkaPoka (), Nahdia (), Aristophanes (), Hoctac (), Auro (), 5G Tower (), Tchill13 (), Voted ()

Not Voting (0):

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
4. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
5. Seeking a replacement for Saudade.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Tue May 19, 2020 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3411 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3407, Alchemist21 wrote:What scum agenda do you or anyone scumreading her see in her posts?
We are supposed to be reading her posts?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3412 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3411, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3407, Alchemist21 wrote:What scum agenda do you or anyone scumreading her see in her posts?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But really, mastina is a masterful scum player! As such, one may almost never view her agenda while it is in progress.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3413 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 10:59 am

Post by Voted »

In post 3412, Aristophanes wrote:

But really, mastina is a masterful scum player! As such, one may almost never view her agenda while it is in progress.
As a player who doesn't read any text wall posts I second that! It is impossible to see any agenda in here 0 non-wall posts so far.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3414 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Tchill13 »

do you think mastina is scum?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3415 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3414, Tchill13 wrote:

do you think mastina is scum?
Her scumreads are so far off this game it seems very likely to me that she is scum, yes.

I've read many of her posts, none of them wow me and they seem to be excuses for her play which feel just off. Her quoting me as a bad example of meta usage gave me simply the weirdest vibes.

So yes, I do.
However we would be hard-pressed to get a lynch on that slot at this point so I am willing to let it go for now.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3416 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Nero Cain »

this doesn't really have anything to really do with this game but I v much dislike how ppl claim X has bad reads without knowing the setup. Often times that's from shit players who then go on to tunnel a bunch of town. lol In Ari's case he would know his alignment and ETL has already flipped a green pm so Mastina's reads
HAVE
been objectively wrong/bad. That doesn't necessarily make her scum though.

I'm a little worried that tchill is bussing her b/c d1 busses are a hallmark of Mastina scum
AND
tchill is doing nothing but tunneling Mastina.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3417 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:52 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3407, Alchemist21 wrote:Scum Mastina is the type of person to always have some kind of agenda. What scum agenda do you or anyone scumreading her see in her posts?
How do you find if someone has an agenda?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3418 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:53 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3416, Nero Cain wrote:this doesn't really have anything to really do with this game but I v much dislike how ppl claim X has bad reads without knowing the setup. Often times that's from shit players who then go on to tunnel a bunch of town. lol In Ari's case he would know his alignment and ETL has already flipped a green pm so Mastina's reads
HAVE

I'm a little worried that tchill is bussing her b/c d1 busses are a hallmark of Mastina scum
AND
I’m confused. Wouldn’t that mean Mastina is more likely town in your eyes since ETL flipped town?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3419 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3418, gobbledygook wrote:I’m confused. Wouldn’t that mean Mastina is more likely town in your eyes since ETL flipped town?
:?

I should town read someone for pushing town?

or

I should town read Mastina b/c ETL wasn't a bus?

I think both of these are bad arguments.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3420 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3416, Nero Cain wrote:this doesn't really have anything to really do with this game but I v much dislike how ppl claim X has bad reads without knowing the setup. Often times that's from shit players who then go on to tunnel a bunch of town. lol In Ari's case he would know his alignment and ETL has already flipped a green pm so Mastina's reads
HAVE

AND
youre whole push on me is confbias.

when are you gonna fake a guilty on me to get me lynched? your push is going nowhere. A wagon hasnt built on me. Hell, even mastina leans town on me.

any reason you have to believe im scum is tmi or bussing.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3421 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 3419, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3418, gobbledygook wrote:I’m confused. Wouldn’t that mean Mastina is more likely town in your eyes since ETL flipped town?
:?

I should town read someone for pushing town?

or

I should town read Mastina b/c ETL wasn't a bus?

I think both of these are bad arguments.
The latter. But why are both of them bad arguments?
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3422 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Voted »

In post 3409, Voted wrote:Mastina would be told by scum chat that I am not an innocent child.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3423 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 3416, Nero Cain wrote:this doesn't really have anything to really do with this game but I v much dislike how ppl claim X has bad reads without knowing the setup. Often times that's from shit players who then go on to tunnel a bunch of town.
you literally just went out of your way to call ppl shit and even made a point to mention this doesnt pertain to this game.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3424 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

did anyone see where i mentioned why Ari was town? nobody has disputed that yet i dont believe.

It specifically had to do with how he handled the ETL wagon and his hop off of it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”