Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4400 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4394, Nero Cain wrote:I'd like to hear more about your reads this game.
@ blair
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4401 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Nahdia »

UNVOTE:

i have like 25 minutes until D&D. anything urgent people want me to respond to?

i remember somewhere in the thread auro accused me of kind of phoning this game in and coasting a bit. i think it's a bit of a misrep to say ive only take nthe one stance and coasted on it; i've had multiple reads, some of which have been controversial. but it is true im having trouble really getting involved here. just wanted to, idk, justify that.i think after tmy current crop of games im gonna stick to only micros and the occasional mini.

also on looking back at nero im less sure of that. his explanation for what i thought was really scummy on page 1 is fine, i dont think that's AI anymore. and i do appreciate that he's being proactive at solving in what feels to me a very very foggy gamestate.

i agree with voted. blair calling her predecessor scummy and having reads that make no sense is really bad. and then takes the Jake wagon full throttle, which is probably the safest stance to take right now because it has "mechanics" in the case, not to mention jake isn't exactly gonna fire back.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4402 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Hey! Managed to find some time to put into this.

Spoiler: Another wall post
not yet sentient
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4403 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Voted »

In post 4399, Blair wrote:I mean

Do you think people shouldn't be compelled to take a public stance on Jake?
I don't like the post, because you vote Jake because of his suboptimal behavior, rather than scummy behavior/ intentions.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4404 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I can see the arguments of scumBlair taking a safe stance on Jake. I’ve never really subscribed to the Amished tell though.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4405 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

If Jake’s actually scum though it makes Blair a lot more likely to be Town.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4406 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Nahdia »

sorry what's the amished tell? cant find anything on the wiki about it.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4407 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 4406, Nahdia wrote:sorry what's the amished tell? cant find anything on the wiki about it.
When a replacement calls the player they replaced scummy.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4408 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Voted »

In post 4402, Hoctac wrote:Hey! Managed to find some time to put into this.

Spoiler:
What behavioural data are known have been gleaned from ephemeral encounters with ROVs; animals are often injured during capture, and survive up to two months in aquaria.[citation needed] An artificial environment makes reliable observation of non-defensive behaviour difficult. In May 2014, Monterey Bay Aquarium (California, United States) became the first to ever put this species on display.[16][17]
With their long velar filaments deployed, vampire squids have been observed drifting along in the deep, black ocean currents. If the filaments contact an entity, or if vibrations impinge upon them, the animals investigate with rapid acrobatic movements. They are capable of swimming at speeds equivalent to two body lengths per second, with an acceleration time of five seconds. However, their weak muscles limit stamina considerably.
Unlike their relatives living in more hospitable climates, deep-sea cephalopods cannot afford to expend energy in protracted flight. Given their low metabolic rate and the low density of prey at such depths, vampire squids must use innovative predator avoidance tactics to conserve energy. Their aforementioned bioluminescent "fireworks" are combined with the writhing of glowing arms, erratic movements, and escape trajectories, making it difficult for a predator to identify multiple targets.
In a threat response called the "pumpkin" or "pineapple" posture, the vampire squid inverts its caped arms back over the body, presenting an ostensibly larger form covered in fearsome-looking though harmless spines (called cirri).[18] The underside of the cape is heavily pigmented, masking most of the body's photophores. The glowing arm tips are clustered together far above the animal's head, diverting attack away from critical areas. If a predator were to bite off an arm tip, the vampire squid can regenerate it.
They have eight arms but lack feeding tentacles, and instead use two retractile filaments in order to capture food. They combine the waste with mucus secreted from suckers to form balls of food. They feed on detritus, including the remains of gelatinous zooplankton (such as salps, larvaceans, and medusae jellies) and complete copepods, ostracods, amphipods, and isopods.[19][5]
Vampire squids have been found among the stomach contents of large, deepwater fish, including giant grenadiers,[20] and deep-diving mammals, such as whales and sea lions.
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4409 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4408, Voted wrote:
In post 4402, Hoctac wrote:Hey! Managed to find some time to put into this.

Spoiler:
What behavioural data are known have been gleaned from ephemeral encounters with ROVs; animals are often injured during capture, and survive up to two months in aquaria.[citation needed] An artificial environment makes reliable observation of non-defensive behaviour difficult. In May 2014, Monterey Bay Aquarium (California, United States) became the first to ever put this species on display.[16][17]
With their long velar filaments deployed, vampire squids have been observed drifting along in the deep, black ocean currents. If the filaments contact an entity, or if vibrations impinge upon them, the animals investigate with rapid acrobatic movements. They are capable of swimming at speeds equivalent to two body lengths per second, with an acceleration time of five seconds. However, their weak muscles limit stamina considerably.
Unlike their relatives living in more hospitable climates, deep-sea cephalopods cannot afford to expend energy in protracted flight. Given their low metabolic rate and the low density of prey at such depths, vampire squids must use innovative predator avoidance tactics to conserve energy. Their aforementioned bioluminescent "fireworks" are combined with the writhing of glowing arms, erratic movements, and escape trajectories, making it difficult for a predator to identify multiple targets.
In a threat response called the "pumpkin" or "pineapple" posture, the vampire squid inverts its caped arms back over the body, presenting an ostensibly larger form covered in fearsome-looking though harmless spines (called cirri).[18] The underside of the cape is heavily pigmented, masking most of the body's photophores. The glowing arm tips are clustered together far above the animal's head, diverting attack away from critical areas. If a predator were to bite off an arm tip, the vampire squid can regenerate it.
They have eight arms but lack feeding tentacles, and instead use two retractile filaments in order to capture food. They combine the waste with mucus secreted from suckers to form balls of food. They feed on detritus, including the remains of gelatinous zooplankton (such as salps, larvaceans, and medusae jellies) and complete copepods, ostracods, amphipods, and isopods.[19][5]
Vampire squids have been found among the stomach contents of large, deepwater fish, including giant grenadiers,[20] and deep-diving mammals, such as whales and sea lions.
I read the first sentence and can already tell you are copy pasting from wikipedia. Wikipedia sucks, btw.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4410 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by Voted »

I completed high school because of it.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4411 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

The only stance you should take on me is that I am shite
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4412 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 4403, Voted wrote:

I don't like the post, because you vote Jake because of his suboptimal behavior, rather than scummy behavior/ intentions.
This reeks of "Jake is no longer a person. Jake is now a Policy Lynch."
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4413 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Jake is no longer a person. Jake is now a Policy Lynch.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4414 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #25

Blair (1): Hoctac ()
Auro (0):
Hoctac (0):
5G Tower (0):
Jake the Wolfie (6): Auro (), Alchemist21 (), davesaz (), OkaPoka (), Blair (), mastina ()

Aristophanes (0):
Quick (7): 50 Judge Powers (), pisskop (), gobbledygook (), Flavor Leaf (), Tchill13 (), Jake the Wolfie (), Aristophanes ()

TrueSoulEnergy (1): 5G Tower ()
Voted (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Nahdia (1): Nero Cain (),
Flavor Leaf (1): TrueSoulEnergy ()
davesaz (0):
mastina (0):
OkaPoka (1): Quick ()
Tchill13 (0):
pisskop (1): Voted ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (1): Nahdia ()

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. If you see any errors in a votecount or in the voting history, please feel free to inform me either in-thread (by bolding) or via pm.
4. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
5. mastina is V/LA for an indefinite period of time.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Fri May 22, 2020 3:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4415 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Blair »

Question: Is the distinction between original mafia and infected something that should be factoring into whom we ultimately vote for?

If I am understanding the setup correctly, we don't really win by lynching infected, right?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4416 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

the guess is that only mafia members can recruit and infected cannot recruit, although they appear to share the same wincon
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4417 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Nahdia »

my assumption was that the infected will essentially become traitors that don't know the scumteam.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4418 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4417, Nahdia wrote:my assumption was that the infected will essentially become traitors that don't know the scumteam.
Good theory, actually. I like this idea, but IDK how true it is. I figured it was a CULT game because I am NOT expecting MADE UP roles - only roles that already exist but just have different flavor names. That is what I gathered from ETL.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4419 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4401, Nahdia wrote:his explanation for what i thought was really scummy on page 1 is fine,
but the explanation was in the very next post. I'm not sure how you missed it. I don't believe that you actually thought I was complaining about the game state on p1. Nevermind that someone who actully complained about the gamestate for little or no reason and you fawn over him. Your "scumhunting" is very selective. All this seems more like willful ignorance then just not reading well.

I also really don't get why your unvoting Quick here.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4420 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

u jelly nero
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4421 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4418, Quick wrote:
In post 4417, Nahdia wrote:my assumption was that the infected will essentially become traitors that don't know the scumteam.
Good theory, actually. I like this idea, but IDK how true it is. I figured it was a CULT game because I am NOT expecting MADE UP roles - only roles that already exist but just have different flavor names. That is what I gathered from ETL.
A50 already brought this up d1. It makes sense and it made me kinda think that a50 was scum (and now Nahdia)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4422 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4420, OkaPoka wrote:u jelly nero
very

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4423 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

i think everyone knows your stance on nahdia at this point and the case has been made and tbh, nahdia isnt going to go today

wanna come vote jake instead
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #4424 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 4419, Nero Cain wrote:but the explanation was in the very next post. I'm not sure how you missed it
over 100 pages, my dude. it wasn't exactly a close reading.

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”