Song Contest - BOTB 8 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri May 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Okay I recognize like two or three Artists from the list LOL.

Gotta check what I should submit.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 12, Vi wrote:
In post 9, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:Okay I recognize like two or three Artists from the list LOL.
seriously
Come on. I usually didn't listen
that
much to the western music. I mostly stick with J-Pop and Thai. Plus some of the mainstream artists. Trying to widen my collection here.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Alright upon second pass to the list I recognize a bit more of them.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sat May 30, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Submitted an entry just for lulz. The song apparently was part of my school life. An internet show I watched a lot back in the days has this as one of their theme songs.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

It's going to take me about 2 full games of Monopoly before I am motivated to start looking at the entries...well let's see how it goes.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I have no issues at all with the country-thing, since I have bad memory LOL. And also I think in the end we judge the songs not the people who sent them.

About fake country name I think sticking with real country names sounds better for me but I have no objections about any changes to that.

Also I would like to propose a rule to prevent identity-guessing: Players may not choose the same country they applied as in the previous 5 contests.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 148, PJ. wrote:I should probably start this
+1 but I'm a professional procrastinator so eh...

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Wow that took longer than expected.

So what I do is I keep a list of the songs I listen and rank each new entry into the list before moving on to the next one. So this should be a bit more accurate, although I am only locked on with the top 5 and around 10 songs after that came quite close to each other. Also the orders matter less towards the bottom of the list.

Spoiler: List of the song and probably rankings
12 Portugal - This is really good. The bright feeling of the song, with catchy tunes and great vocals. I like it!
10 Cote d'Ivoire - I thought this artist vocal is male. I especially like the chorus parts. This is some good rock song. I like it!
8 Iceland - I like this style of music. Fun, catchy and the vocal is great. I like it!
7 Argentina - Everyone should know I would probably rate J-Pop/J-Rock song higher than usual but anyway. I really like the string additions and the song has a great vibe. Also the guitar solo is dope. I like it!
6 Belgium - This is good. The vocal has a good voice. And the chorus is catchy. I like it!
5 Iran - This could be one of the song I could imagine adding to my bedtime playlist. I like it!
4 Azerbaijan - This is pretty powerful. I like the main vocal. I like it!
3 Greece - I kinda like the vocal's voice and the song is cool. I like it!
2 Canada - She has a pretty voice. The whole song has a cool and calm feeling to me. I like it!
1 Bhutan - Strange, a Japanese song that doesn't really sound Japanese (except the lyrics of course). Got some nice calm tune. Really liked the chorus part. I like it!
eSwatini - Started like a folk country, and become a bit more epic later on. Nice song. I like it.
Belarus - The guitar is good, so is the vocal. It gets better towards the end. I like it.
Egypt - The vocal is nice, and the song overall is pretty enjoyable. I like it.
Norway - Powerful voice, pretty nice strings. I like it.
Gabon - Another song that is played every single day in my workplace. Gotta admit I got annoyed by hearing repeats but this is one of my favorite Demi Lovato songs. I like it.
Italy - Kinda surprised this song wasnt' in any SC yet. One of the songs I grew up listening to. I like it.
Scotland - Nice pop and rock music. I like it.
Australia - Another good rock music. kinda feel slightly more neutral with this though. Even then, I like it.
Armenia - The MV hits me hard and the song really compliments its story, though the song itself sounds a bit similar to those of the same contexts, even then, I like it.
Denmark - Got that emotional groove that is a bit generic, but otherwise, still good. I like it.
Central African Republic - It's good. Kinda has some 80s feeling to it. I like it.
South Korea - I guess this is pretty fine. I still prefer 2000s K-Pop to this though, but nice challenger. I like it.
Sudan - The song really has an agressive feeling. The incorporations of Asian style music is good but not the best. I like it.
Djibouti - The vocal carries the song. Kinda got thrown off towards the end but in the end this is still a fine song.
Mexico - Has some country plus some rock. Pretty fine.
Spain - Pretty sure I listened to this before somewhere. Kinda hate the MV, but other than that I think the song is okay. A bit catchy and the instrumental is good.
Nicaragua - Feeling neutral about this one. The song is not bad but nothing to write home about. During the later part it becomes more interesting.
Taiwan - Pretty generic to me. The vocal is nice enough though.
Germany - Not sure if I like this. It's got good electronic vibes but I kinda don't dig the vocals.
Hungary - Most of the time I hear more of a shouting than a rap song. Gotta say the chorus is okay enough.
Panama - THAT'S MY ENTRY! It's always fun singing Na Na Na all the way. (though I just found out that the MV has censored lyrics) (Putted this on the bottom so that it doesn't interfere with the rankings)

Still a very fun thing to do. Thanks for a good contest guys!

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Why am I always so high of a sheep like that? LOL

Anyway, congrats Natirasha and everyone! Nice selection of songs you guys have there!

Return to “General Discussion”