Wavelength |||game over|||

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:25 am

Post by lilith2013 »

and now, the moment you've all been waiting for! it's time to reveal the WAVELENGTH SPECTRUM!

Card:
ColorfulDark

Clue: composition vi by wassily kandinsky

Spoiler: drum roll please...

Team Debt Star's guess of
scores them 3 points....

Unfortunately the target was 41 to 46, which means Team Velvet Thunder's guess of Left was incorrect!

Current standings (round 1)

Team Debt Star:
3 points
shiki (current representative)
enomis (next Psychic)
Kanna
Isis
Hectic

Team Velvet Thunder:
0 points
NotaJumbleofNumbers (current Psychic)
Xtoxm
northsidegal
Tatsuya Kaname
Knightmare491 (current representative)

shiki
is now Team Debt Star's representative.
NotaJumbleofNumbers
has received their card and spectrum.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

*sigh*
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:29 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Team Velvet Thunder is now up! Here's your card:

SmoothFuzzy

And the clue that your Psychic, NotaJumbleofNumbers, provided is:
Rugs

Your team has (expired on 2020-05-26 14:30:39) to guess where the target is. It’s now up to you to discuss and determine where
Rugs
is on the spectrum from 0 to 100. 0 represents “Smooth” and 100 represents “Fuzzy.”

Knightmare491
is your team’s current representative. Remember to provide your final answer in this format:
Guess: X
where X is between 0 and 100.
Last edited by lilith2013 on Fri May 22, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:36 am

Post by Xtoxm »

rugs can be smooth or fuzzy
so i think we should guess exactly 50
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Isis »

I'm supposed to be happy that we earned points
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:32 am

Post by shiki »

it was nice to see everyone trying to balance different possible interpretations as i tried to do the same when choosing it. i likely would have landed on something more concrete had i thought about it for two hours instead of twenty minutes but i was very excited to be playing again and it was late for me and i didn't want to keep everyone waiting.
In post 282, lilith2013 wrote:Sorry shiki, I thought my PM sent but apparently it did not! you now have your card and can submit a clue via PM.
sorry if my clue submission was terse. i wasn't sure of the etiquette.
In post 302, Kanna wrote:I wonder if shiki thinks the meaning behind the painting is common knowledge or not.
maybe not common knowledge but knowledge i assumed the team would find or come to similar conclusion themselves and also knowledge that the team would assume i had when choosing this particular painting.
In post 319, Isis wrote:like in my calculus

I am thinking shiki did not get the prompt and then open a catalog for art prints and flip through it randomly
and for each one say "ok if you printed this one out the color cartridges would be 20% empty and the black ink cartridges would be 45% empty, ok this next one the color cartridges would be 50% empty and the black ink cartridges would be 70% empty, ok i'm gonna keep flipping, eventually I will get to one where these values objectively point to 20%"
I am thinking Lilith pmed her "80" or "70" and shiki thought, when is the last time I felt 80% dark inside but still appreciative of variety in color, but of course, it would be that time I was weeping onto my pillow contemplating the tragedy of composition vi by wassily kandinski
i think you have a very accurate evaluation of me but an inaccurate evaluation of my evaluation of the painting. for me it is hopeful, like the moment after my hand breaks the surface after having been disoriented underwater but before my head does. or the morning after having been awake long into the night weeping into my pillow when my legs are heavy and my eyes are dry and the sun is just beginning to rise and the world isn't in full color but there are colors and the reasons i was weeping certainly have not vanished and yet i am not weeping. it represents a breaking point to me both in terms of content and color and i thought this would lead to the intended target of 45, as it is the first interval of five on that side of 50.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Isis »

:0
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

I agree. Although I see more fuzzy rugs than smooth rugs (which I'm pretty sure they call it carpet). So I might want to go a bit further like 55.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

I agree, I was thinking in the 50-60 range.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by Kanna »

That's beautiful, Shiki. With your explanation, I think your clue was perfect! forgive me for thinking it was 25 (/_\ )
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by enomis »

In post 330, shiki wrote: i think you have a very accurate evaluation of me but an inaccurate evaluation of my evaluation of the painting. for me it is hopeful, like the moment after my hand breaks the surface after having been disoriented underwater but before my head does. or the morning after having been awake long into the night weeping into my pillow when my legs are heavy and my eyes are dry and the sun is just beginning to rise and the world isn't in full color but there are colors and the reasons i was weeping certainly have not vanished and yet i am not weeping. it represents a breaking point to me both in terms of content and color and i thought this would lead to the intended target of 45, as it is the first interval of five on that side of 50.
Wow :eek: :eek: . I guess me randomly quoting the meaning of the painting happens to be right.

haha. :lol: :lol:
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 332, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:I agree. Although I see more fuzzy rugs than smooth rugs (which I'm pretty sure they call it carpet). So I might want to go a bit further like 55.
In post 333, Knightmare491 wrote:I agree, I was thinking in the 50-60 range.
im fine with that
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:19 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

@NSG, what say you?

~Rectiplanes
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Isis »

in disagreements in general shiki is right and i am wrong

tho idk if this is a disagreement versus marco polo game
"Well, I..."
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i would say that rugs tend towards being fuzzier more than being smooth? like, while we're on the subject of various floor materials, something like marble would be the smoothest. maybe in the range from 60-80? if you guys think it's closer to the middle then i guess around 60 works

we need to guess soon, too!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 7:54 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

Guess: 61

~Rectiplanes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Team Velvet Thunder
has locked in
Team Debt Star
now has (expired on 2020-05-28 03:05:14) to lock in a Left/Right guess!

SmoothFuzzy

Clue:
Rugs

0 represents “Smooth” and 100 represents “Fuzzy.” Please place your guess according to whether you think
Rugs
is closer to 0 or closer to 100 than
shiki
is your team’s current representative.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon May 25, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Kanna »

i think rugs *can* be smooth or fuzzy, but when most people think of "rugs," they usually think of them being fuzzy, right? i doubt it's under 50, so unless we think it's 50-60, we should go right?
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Isis »

Rugs are so fuzzy omg

When my kitties see a rug they get excited and roll on their backs and wallow to feel their backs against it

That means they must be fuzzier than a kitty otherwise they could do that to eachother

And kitties are pretty fuzzy
Right right
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 3:06 am

Post by Hectic »

What if they're smoothening their fur on them
Because of how smooth rugs are
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Hectic »

The round would be over if it was 56-61 for the 4 point range. I don't think you ever say rug for below 50. So as long as we don't think it's 50 to 55, it's an easy right.

@lilith: If we submit 3 Lefts, would you accept that as a Right?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 3:13 am

Post by lilith2013 »

I would if the 3 Lefts were submitted by non-representatives and shiki guessed Right :P

Also just as a kind of calibration test, please let me know whether yall are enjoying my wacky clues or would prefer more straightforward “opposite” clues (ie the two ends of the spectrum are clear opposites). I’ve been veering more towards “wacky” as we progressed, but am open to recalibrating how many wacky cards I use vs straightforward cards.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Isis »

I like straightforward cards so the players can have a monopoly on wacky
"Well, I..."
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 3:46 am

Post by shiki »

okay to submit right on behalf of the debt star occupants?
In post 342, Kanna wrote:i think rugs *can* be smooth or fuzzy, but when most people think of "rugs," they usually think of them being fuzzy, right? i doubt it's under 50, so unless we think it's 50-60, we should go right?
maybe my internal definition of 'rugs' is incorrect. there are some rugs that appear to be smooth but none that i have encountered which are also completely smooth to the touch. since it is smooth v. fuzzy, it seems correct to prioritize tactile sensations.
In post 343, Isis wrote:kitties are pretty fuzzy
i think kittens would be 90-100. rugs feel more likely to be 70-80 to me.
In post 345, Hectic wrote:The round would be over if it was 56-61 for the 4 point range. I don't think you ever say rug for below 50. So as long as we don't think it's 50 to 55, it's an easy right.
the same would apply if the intended range were 61-66 in terms of the round being over, so i think you've narrowed the range too far. however, i agree that it's a pretty easy right.
In post 346, lilith2013 wrote:Also just as a kind of calibration test, please let me know whether yall are enjoying my wacky clues or would prefer more straightforward “opposite” clues (ie the two ends of the spectrum are clear opposites). I’ve been veering more towards “wacky” as we progressed, but am open to recalibrating how many wacky cards I use vs straightforward cards.
i enjoy the less binary clues more.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 348, shiki wrote:the same would apply if the intended range were 61-66 in terms of the round being over, so i think you've narrowed the range too far. however, i agree that it's a pretty easy right.
Good point. It's probably around 70 and we're fineee. Happy for you to submit Right.

Lilith, I think I enjoyed the discussion phases for more of the straightforward cards than the wacky cards (colourful/dark was fun though). That might just be the topics and how they turned out however.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”