5G Tower
5G Tower
Townie
5G Tower
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5125 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by 5G Tower »

I’m here for hammering services, I have the best coverage in the US.
Hide your old and hide your young.
I have come to infect your lung.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5126 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 5123, Quick wrote:Does this question even need to be asked? It's pretty clear (by my standards) that Jake is Town here.
I'm asking him for his scumreads, since he said everyone wanted to lynch infected players "instead of actual scum."

The real question is, why did you feel the need to step in between me asking Jake to give some reads.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5127 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 5089, Nero Cain wrote:A d2 lynch on an infected forces scum to no kill or use up one of their two infection free night kills. This sort of begrudged vote doesn't really make sense from town, IMO.
Can you explain this?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5128 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Blair »

Scum can only kill uninfected players twice in the game. They can kill an infected player every night.

It's Day 2. There has only been one night phase. Therefore (we assume), only one player has been infected so far. If we lynch that player, there is no one for mafia to kill tonight (unless they want to use one of their two free kills).

He's saying lynching actual scum is better, but we shouldn't use that as an excuse not to lynch someone just because we suspect they're infected instead of scum.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5129 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #38

Blair (0):
Auro (0):
Hoctac (6): Quick (), Alchemist21 (), davesaz (), Tchill13 (), Flavor Leaf (), Jake the Wolfie ()

5G Tower (1): gobbledygook ()
Jake the Wolfie (7): OkaPoka (), Auro (), TrueSoulEnergy (), 5G Tower (), mastina (), Almost50 (), Nahdia ()

Aristophanes (1): Blair ()
Quick (1): pisskop ()
TrueSoulEnergy (1): Hoctac ()
Voted (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Nahdia (1): Nero Cain (),
Flavor Leaf (0):
davesaz (0):
mastina (0):
OkaPoka (0):
Tchill13 (0):
pisskop (1): Voted ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (1): Aristophanes ()

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
4. mastina is V/LA for an indefinite period of time.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Mon May 25, 2020 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5130 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 5128, Blair wrote:Therefore (we assume), only one player has been infected so far.
Or we can read the day start post from the mod, which states there is one infected.
(Unless this is a false memory, I'm too lazy to go look rn. Post-Chipotle lazy.)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5131 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 5130, davesaz wrote:
In post 5128, Blair wrote:Therefore (we assume), only one player has been infected so far.
Or we can read the day start post from the mod, which states there is one infected.
(Unless this is a false memory, I'm too lazy to go look rn. Post-Chipotle lazy.)
Yup. That's a bit of info I have held on to. It checks out.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5132 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5124, 5G Tower wrote:Looks like someone slipped, and was caught. The lack of votes and a hammer just confirms it.
yeah but you unvoted the person that you thought slipped.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5133 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Jake, guy. u kinda screwed up. You getting lynched is partially your fault. Like, I can go "oh hey, a scum Jake wouldn't CC Voted like that." but I mean....there's a small part od me that thinks newb scum could do that. For me whats really the question, would you do that as scum? I kinda think not but then I'm just really not getting why you got "no comment" on ur q to the mod.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5134 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I could be wrong, oFc, but I don't think either are that likely to flip scum.

u also haven't claimed (or maybe you have IDK) and thats a load of ass.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5135 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 5077, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 5075, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Yeah.
Blair, Art, Jake and Hoctac have minimum 2 scum.
Who is art?
I have been called "Art" many times on this site!

Most notably by Sakura Hana c. 2015

This takes me back...
*disappears into a flashback sequence*
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #5136 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 5124, 5G Tower wrote:Looks like someone slipped, and was caught. The lack of votes and a hammer just confirms it.
Huh?
Is this sarcasm or am i dumb? XD
In post 5125, 5G Tower wrote:I’m here for hammering services, I have the best coverage in the US.
Why not lay down a vote? Inam very uncomfortable with the prospect of you holding the hammer.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #5137 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 5061, Blair wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
In post 5057, Blair wrote:Why is Aristophanes' vote out of play (again) when they have so many scumreads?
Because reads require reformulating in light of new info and discussion, and I have not had a chance to do my Tchill/Quick/Jake deep dive, which I have lost some confidence in since my Jake read has changed anyway.

Would you rather I throw my vote ariund wildly? I can do that, but I see no point in it.
You recalculated enough to unvote but not enough to apply pressure elsewhere.

Would I prefer you "throw [your] vote around wildly?" No. I would prefer you didn't throw your reads around wildly and you used your vote to dig for scum.

I find scum have a higher occurrence in the "Not Voting" column. I would never scumread someone for appearing in that column once, but a pattern? I remember you were one of the only people not voting when I subbed in. Now you are not voting again.

It's a small thing, and I wouldn't exactly call it a "tell," but it's definitely... telling.

VOTE: Aristophanes
This is skme very odd reasoning, Blair. Like, I suppose you are entitled to it, but I'm really not a vote-happy player most of the time and try to use it for reads, pressure, and scum.

And yes, you are correct that I recalibrated enough to unvote, but not to place a vote on another slot. I do not have another push that seems reasonable at this yime and I am giddy about neither of the leading wagons. At this point in the phase I realize any push off of those wagons would be fruitless, however.

So I am left to choose the lesser of 2 wagons I do not wish to support, and am unvoting while contemplating it.i need to waylay my other reads in order to choose one of these two, which stifles my trajectory.

I really don't get how sitting on Not Voting is scummy, but like I say, I respect your site meta even if it is misguided.
- Jingle
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5138 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Hoctac »

If people actually want to try and hit scum, we should be lynching TSE. His only "reads" so far have been OMGUSing everyone voting/suspecting him.

Also, all of his questions this game have been aimless and are never followed up on.

Thanks.
not yet sentient
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #5139 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 5138, Hoctac wrote:If people actually want to try and hit scum, we should be lynching TSE. His only "reads" so far have been OMGUSing everyone voting/suspecting him.

Also, all of his questions this game have been aimless and are never followed up on.

Thanks.
He has 1 vote (yours) and we have 1.5 days left. You should probably vote Jake of you want a chance at this?

Voting a non-wagon right now feels like LAMIST while Jake claiming every vote is self preservation is, uh, LAMISS?

I don't like either tbh.
- Jingle
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #5140 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 5139, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 5138, Hoctac wrote:If people actually want to try and hit scum, we should be lynching TSE. His only "reads" so far have been OMGUSing everyone voting/suspecting him.

Thanks.
He has 1 vote (yours) and we have 1.5 days left. You should probably vote Jake of you want a chance at this?

Voting a non-wagon right now feels like LAMIST while Jake claiming every vote is self preservation is, uh, LAMISS?

I don't like either tbh.
Do you think town should not try and self-pres?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5141 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Quick »

Blair seems to be chasing the wind. It's actually not a whole lot different from their pred IIRC.

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5142 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:10 pm

Honestly I've given all I care to give for this game. If I'm not lynched today, I'll try playing tommorow. I'm being lynched under the guise that I'm infected, not OG scum. Let me remind you that infected are 100% disposable scum, that the real scumteam don't really care about. Sure, they might try and save their infectees from dying, but ultimately they don't really care, as infected can easily be replaced. An infected lynch is essentially a traitor lynch. A lynch used on the irrelevant. A lynch used to waste time, to make the town more confident when really they killed one of their own.

Look for people trying to lynch infected. They are here to waste the town's time on the irrelevant, to appear town without having to actually bus their partners.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5143 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 5142, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Honestly I've given all I care to give for this game. If I'm not lynched today, I'll try playing tommorow. I'm being lynched under the guise that I'm infected, not OG scum. Let me remind you that infected are 100% disposable scum, that the real scumteam don't really care about. Sure, they might try and save their infectees from dying, but ultimately they don't really care, as infected can easily be replaced. An infected lynch is essentially a traitor lynch. A lynch used on the irrelevant. A lynch used to waste time, to make the town more confident when really they killed one of their own.

Look for people trying to lynch infected. They are here to waste the town's time on the irrelevant, to appear town without having to actually bus their partners.
Could you name names? For science?

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5144 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:23 pm

In post 5143, Quick wrote:
In post 5142, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Honestly I've given all I care to give for this game. If I'm not lynched today, I'll try playing tommorow. I'm being lynched under the guise that I'm infected, not OG scum. Let me remind you that infected are 100% disposable scum, that the real scumteam don't really care about. Sure, they might try and save their infectees from dying, but ultimately they don't really care, as infected can easily be replaced. An infected lynch is essentially a traitor lynch. A lynch used on the irrelevant. A lynch used to waste time, to make the town more confident when really they killed one of their own.

Could you name names? For science?
I don't care
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5145 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by Blair »

Ok, I felt bad for you before but not anymore.

VOTE: Jake
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5146 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:35 pm

VOTE: JakeTheWolfie

Hammer
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5147 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

literally not but ok
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5148 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:36 pm

This was a great Jester game tbh. I had lots of fun trolling everyone I talked to.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5149 (ISO) » Sun May 24, 2020 6:37 pm

In post 5147, OkaPoka wrote:literally not but ok
I know I hammered myself. I can count, unlike other people here.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”